Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Concept] Eye Types: Oddity & Arachnid
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Full support for both, they're both incredible. I totally agree that Arachnid would work best as a Baldwin recipe so players who are squeamish about that sort of stuff wouldn't have to see it.
Full support for both, they're both incredible. I totally agree that Arachnid would work best as a Baldwin recipe so players who are squeamish about that sort of stuff wouldn't have to see it.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Support! I think the spider eyes would be great for brewing though.
Support! I think the spider eyes would be great for brewing though.
I'm not sure the arachnid eyes would go well for the huge amount of people who have arachnophobia, even though I like them.

I really like Oddity
I'm not sure the arachnid eyes would go well for the huge amount of people who have arachnophobia, even though I like them.

I really like Oddity
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
I really like Oddity. It fills a spot in the lineup of eyes that should definitely be filled.
Arachnid is also interesting and I agree that they would be an interesting Baldwin recipe.
I really like Oddity. It fills a spot in the lineup of eyes that should definitely be filled.
Arachnid is also interesting and I agree that they would be an interesting Baldwin recipe.
yG3lmc2.png a snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its right candle-smol.png
Support! This is really cool!
Support! This is really cool!
GRAY ACE ~ SHE/HER ~ Somehow still functioning. Enjoys apple juice. Still broke.
69ca5f54-b926-11eb-8c8a-cdcf9d161390.gif
I desperately want the arachnid eyes, they're so good
I desperately want the arachnid eyes, they're so good
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[quote name="pancakeswithabs" date="2021-05-20 21:03:09" ] I'm not sure the arachnid eyes would go well for the huge amount of people who have arachnophobia, even though I like them. I really like Oddity [/quote] I have arachnophobia but the eyes don't bother me. I'm just really afraid of the living creature itself.
pancakeswithabs wrote on 2021-05-20 21:03:09:

I really like Oddity

I have arachnophobia but the eyes don't bother me. I'm just really afraid of the living creature itself.
GRAY ACE ~ SHE/HER ~ Somehow still functioning. Enjoys apple juice. Still broke.
69ca5f54-b926-11eb-8c8a-cdcf9d161390.gif
Support. I really like the arachnid one!
Support. I really like the arachnid one!
cp13w5x.png2vuMJuM.png
[quote name="TheSockCrusader" date="2021-05-21 08:55:47" ] [quote name="pancakeswithabs" date="2021-05-20 21:03:09" ] I'm not sure the arachnid eyes would go well for the huge amount of people who have arachnophobia, even though I like them. I really like Oddity [/quote] I have arachnophobia but the eyes don't bother me. I'm just really afraid of the living creature itself. [/quote] Ja the dragons don't look like spiders (until/unless we get a spider-themed breed), I think any negative reactions would be more along the lines of body horror or tryptophobia rather than arachnophobia. I am mildly arachnophobic (I can look at one on-screen, I don't want it crawling in front of me in my house :P) but my reaction to the eyes isn't "OH GOD SPIDER GET AWAY" it's the same sort of weirdly unsettled feeling I get with Goat and Faceted, if that makes sense. In general, I think going forward any eye types that are likely to produce a body horror and/or tryptophobia reaction from a minority of players should be unnatural only (as in, not able to be produced through RNG breeding), on the side of accessibility. Besides which, we really need more treasure sinks and Baldwin recipes, and Baldwin already has a spider-oriented recipe (that spider cave scene), so it would be very fitting for Baldwin. Hell, we could even have a spider-themed gene that looks like a web (not Web the Veilspun gene) as a Baldwin brewable to go with the theme. Or spider animal companion apparel (we sort of have this with the NOTN hats but I know some players would love actual spiderwebs with spiders on them and a tarantula and stuff and I support that). So yeah, reiterating my support for both eye types, but again with the caveat that Arachnid ought to be vial-only just to be on the safe side. I'm OK with introducing more freaky eye types, I just want them to be unnatural so people don't get unwanted body horror RNG surprises with breeding. (And that's not meant as an insult to OP's design in any way shape or form, it's simply stating a fact that some people will have issues because brains be like that.)
TheSockCrusader wrote on 2021-05-21 08:55:47:
pancakeswithabs wrote on 2021-05-20 21:03:09:

I really like Oddity

I have arachnophobia but the eyes don't bother me. I'm just really afraid of the living creature itself.

Ja the dragons don't look like spiders (until/unless we get a spider-themed breed), I think any negative reactions would be more along the lines of body horror or tryptophobia rather than arachnophobia. I am mildly arachnophobic (I can look at one on-screen, I don't want it crawling in front of me in my house :P) but my reaction to the eyes isn't "OH GOD SPIDER GET AWAY" it's the same sort of weirdly unsettled feeling I get with Goat and Faceted, if that makes sense.

In general, I think going forward any eye types that are likely to produce a body horror and/or tryptophobia reaction from a minority of players should be unnatural only (as in, not able to be produced through RNG breeding), on the side of accessibility.

Besides which, we really need more treasure sinks and Baldwin recipes, and Baldwin already has a spider-oriented recipe (that spider cave scene), so it would be very fitting for Baldwin. Hell, we could even have a spider-themed gene that looks like a web (not Web the Veilspun gene) as a Baldwin brewable to go with the theme. Or spider animal companion apparel (we sort of have this with the NOTN hats but I know some players would love actual spiderwebs with spiders on them and a tarantula and stuff and I support that).

So yeah, reiterating my support for both eye types, but again with the caveat that Arachnid ought to be vial-only just to be on the safe side. I'm OK with introducing more freaky eye types, I just want them to be unnatural so people don't get unwanted body horror RNG surprises with breeding. (And that's not meant as an insult to OP's design in any way shape or form, it's simply stating a fact that some people will have issues because brains be like that.)
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Support!
Support!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9