Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Toggle to exclude rare eyes in breeding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
This isn't meant to help the problem with the eye update, it is meant to help people who cannot stand particular eyes, and now feel they can't breed due to them. I have heard people who have said they have had to stop breeding due to shadow's primal, and they are in shadow. They like the general aesthetic but not the primal specifically.

Solving the issue with the eye update is a completely different htread, and the two can coexist. In fact, it would be nice for them to, because I don't see them removing the RNG aspect of the eyes, no matter how they handle (if they do) natural eye vials, so there will still always be the issue of someone breeding an eye type that upsets them.
This isn't meant to help the problem with the eye update, it is meant to help people who cannot stand particular eyes, and now feel they can't breed due to them. I have heard people who have said they have had to stop breeding due to shadow's primal, and they are in shadow. They like the general aesthetic but not the primal specifically.

Solving the issue with the eye update is a completely different htread, and the two can coexist. In fact, it would be nice for them to, because I don't see them removing the RNG aspect of the eyes, no matter how they handle (if they do) natural eye vials, so there will still always be the issue of someone breeding an eye type that upsets them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Absolutely baffled by the people no-supporting this because it doesn't solve every phobia on the site. Players have and I'm sure will continue to collect data on hatched nests, if this were added all it'd take would be either requesting players with a type toggled off not submit nests, or (how I would do it probably) just have people tick boxes for "which eyetypes have you toggled off." I don't see it lowering special eye prices to have all the goat eyes (or whichever) in some players' nests toggled to common by default, and given the sheer difficulty of implementing a sitewide toggle I think at least allowing people to safely hatch nests is a good step.
Absolutely baffled by the people no-supporting this because it doesn't solve every phobia on the site. Players have and I'm sure will continue to collect data on hatched nests, if this were added all it'd take would be either requesting players with a type toggled off not submit nests, or (how I would do it probably) just have people tick boxes for "which eyetypes have you toggled off." I don't see it lowering special eye prices to have all the goat eyes (or whichever) in some players' nests toggled to common by default, and given the sheer difficulty of implementing a sitewide toggle I think at least allowing people to safely hatch nests is a good step.
wq9PoXA.png
While I don’t get the eyes thing I get the spider reference because I hate spiders I rather be cornered by a venomous snake. So with That being said I don’t see the harm in having a filter to prevent it for people that don’t like the eyes since it won’t effect anyone else’s game play. So how would that would with the RNG though how would that be scripted? I support this idea just wondering how it would work without a lot of rewriting for it to be effective
While I don’t get the eyes thing I get the spider reference because I hate spiders I rather be cornered by a venomous snake. So with That being said I don’t see the harm in having a filter to prevent it for people that don’t like the eyes since it won’t effect anyone else’s game play. So how would that would with the RNG though how would that be scripted? I support this idea just wondering how it would work without a lot of rewriting for it to be effective
“I look inside myself and see my heart is black
Support. I'd never use it but I'd love it if folks had this option available. Having any toggled off eye types default to common would be least likely to have any spillover effect on markets.

Like seriously, this cannot possibly harm anyone, implement this if it's at all feasible please.
Support. I'd never use it but I'd love it if folks had this option available. Having any toggled off eye types default to common would be least likely to have any spillover effect on markets.

Like seriously, this cannot possibly harm anyone, implement this if it's at all feasible please.

Available at cost to Plague flight members.
[quote name="WurldPeaz" date="2021-02-23 22:17:26" ] While I don’t get the eyes thing I get the spider reference because I hate spiders I rather be cornered by a venomous snake. So with That being said I don’t see the harm in having a filter to prevent it for people that don’t like the eyes since it won’t effect anyone else’s game play. So how would that would with the RNG though how would that be scripted? I support this idea just wondering how it would work without a lot of rewriting for it to be effective [/quote] Thank you for the support. TBH I don't know how it would be scripted because I'm not a game developer. I'm guessing it probably won't be scripted in the first place but if the devs were to listen and give it a shot, they probably know how to tweak the code accordingly. We know that breeding two of the same modern breed together will never produce a 5-egg nest, the most eggs they can have is 4. We also know that two entirely-blue-range dragons bred together will never produce something orange. I imagine there's some sort of "intelligence" in the breeding script that similarly to egg count and colors, would know how to shut off a certain eye type with a hatch. It would probably be easier to allow all eye types or no eye types but Common, rather than being able to toggle off Goat but not Primal, and as I said earlier in the thread I'm willing to never hatch another Primal or Multigaze dragon again if it means I don't have to hatch another Goat or Faceted. Anyway, it either can be done or it can't be done, but I reckon the devs will be able to figure it out if it can be done.
WurldPeaz wrote on 2021-02-23 22:17:26:

Thank you for the support.

TBH I don't know how it would be scripted because I'm not a game developer. I'm guessing it probably won't be scripted in the first place but if the devs were to listen and give it a shot, they probably know how to tweak the code accordingly. We know that breeding two of the same modern breed together will never produce a 5-egg nest, the most eggs they can have is 4. We also know that two entirely-blue-range dragons bred together will never produce something orange. I imagine there's some sort of "intelligence" in the breeding script that similarly to egg count and colors, would know how to shut off a certain eye type with a hatch. It would probably be easier to allow all eye types or no eye types but Common, rather than being able to toggle off Goat but not Primal, and as I said earlier in the thread I'm willing to never hatch another Primal or Multigaze dragon again if it means I don't have to hatch another Goat or Faceted. Anyway, it either can be done or it can't be done, but I reckon the devs will be able to figure it out if it can be done.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-02-23 21:51:59" ] This isn't meant to help the problem with the eye update, it is meant to help people who cannot stand particular eyes, and now feel they can't breed due to them. I have heard people who have said they have had to stop breeding due to shadow's primal, and they are in shadow. They like the general aesthetic but not the primal specifically. Solving the issue with the eye update is a completely different htread, and the two can coexist. In fact, it would be nice for them to, because I don't see them removing the RNG aspect of the eyes, no matter how they handle (if they do) natural eye vials, so there will still always be the issue of someone breeding an eye type that upsets them. [/quote] Yeah, I honestly don't think they *are* going to remove the RNG aspect with the eyes. Hence why I made this thread, because as long as we have RNG eyes with breeding, that means there is the chance I am going to hatch eye types I don't like (Goat or Faceted), and I'd like to be able to just nullify that for myself.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-02-23 21:51:59:

Yeah, I honestly don't think they *are* going to remove the RNG aspect with the eyes. Hence why I made this thread, because as long as we have RNG eyes with breeding, that means there is the chance I am going to hatch eye types I don't like (Goat or Faceted), and I'd like to be able to just nullify that for myself.
Sure. I don't have an issue with the eyes personally, but I do know many others either don't like them or are bothered. To be honest, this suggestion is actually a good thing to implement even just for personal preference's sake. If someone doesn't want to get primals or special eyes, who cares? It affects them, not you, and I don't think there's an issue as long as no one but the user that opts in or out is affected.

Let me delete Water primal. :P

Edit:
Oh and to note, to prevent crashing of special eye markets I think it should be an all or nothing thing. That said: you either turn off ALL special eyes or you get all of them. Feel free to give me another compromise, though I do think Jemadar's suggestion earlier in the thread could also work (though it might be more complex?). I prefer Jemadar's suggestion but options and ideas for staff. They can decide how/if it is implemented.
Sure. I don't have an issue with the eyes personally, but I do know many others either don't like them or are bothered. To be honest, this suggestion is actually a good thing to implement even just for personal preference's sake. If someone doesn't want to get primals or special eyes, who cares? It affects them, not you, and I don't think there's an issue as long as no one but the user that opts in or out is affected.

Let me delete Water primal. :P

Edit:
Oh and to note, to prevent crashing of special eye markets I think it should be an all or nothing thing. That said: you either turn off ALL special eyes or you get all of them. Feel free to give me another compromise, though I do think Jemadar's suggestion earlier in the thread could also work (though it might be more complex?). I prefer Jemadar's suggestion but options and ideas for staff. They can decide how/if it is implemented.
[quote name="Lykos" date="2021-02-23 23:09:36" ] Edit: Oh and to note, to prevent crashing of special eye markets I think it should be an all or nothing thing. That said: you either turn off ALL special eyes or you get all of them. Feel free to give me another compromise, though I do think Jemadar's suggestion earlier in the thread could also work (though it might be more complex?). I prefer Jemadar's suggestion but options and ideas for staff. They can decide how/if it is implemented. [/quote] Yeah I think Jemadar's suggestion re: making it Common as to not increase Primals if you shut off Goat or Faceted or Multigaze is a good one. However, I'm also willing to shut off all special eyes on my end if I never see Goat hatch again. As far as more complex: we already have a certain "intelligence" in place with breeding, where two modern breed parents of the same breed (example: Guardian) will only produce a 4-egg nest at maximum, never a 5-egg. Two entirely-blue-range dergs will never produce an orange one. I imagine that if someone has the "no special eyes" toggle in place the string generator that produces within a certain range of parameters with a hatch, will know to shut off special eyes. I'm not a game developer but it seems like something within the realm of possibility for the devs.
Lykos wrote on 2021-02-23 23:09:36:

Edit:

Yeah I think Jemadar's suggestion re: making it Common as to not increase Primals if you shut off Goat or Faceted or Multigaze is a good one. However, I'm also willing to shut off all special eyes on my end if I never see Goat hatch again.

As far as more complex: we already have a certain "intelligence" in place with breeding, where two modern breed parents of the same breed (example: Guardian) will only produce a 4-egg nest at maximum, never a 5-egg. Two entirely-blue-range dergs will never produce an orange one. I imagine that if someone has the "no special eyes" toggle in place the string generator that produces within a certain range of parameters with a hatch, will know to shut off special eyes. I'm not a game developer but it seems like something within the realm of possibility for the devs.
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2021-02-23 22:10:11" ] Absolutely baffled by the people no-supporting this because it doesn't solve every phobia on the site. [/quote] I've noticed a tendency on the Suggestions forums for people to minimize any concern for mental health issues, frequently using the words "whining", "baby" and "entitled" (those words haven't come up yet in this thread but they absolutely do in other threads), and then people wonder why this forum has a reputation for toxicity and drama. I feel like there's this all-or-nothing attitude a lot of people have about the way things are on FR, like you either have to accept 100% of everything, or "just leave the game". Here's the thing. I started playing in 2017. Back then *old person wheeze* we didn't have any special eyes. We didn't have Primal, we didn't have Goat, we didn't have Multigaze, we didn't even have Uncommon. If I'd seen Goat and Faceted when I signed up for FR in 2017, I probably would have said "nah" and not signed up. It happens that now I'm addicted to pixel dragon hell and thankfully I don't hatch Goat or Faceted very often (though it does happen and if the hatchling's eyes are big enough, off they go, which sucks when I was expecting to make at least 5-6kt and now I have to settle for 2-3kt by insta-exalting). I didn't sign up for the special eyes - I keep playing in spite of them, not because of them. People who've only been here as long as the eyes have been around may not realize that there was actually a time before they joined, when there were none of these eyes, and that some of us did not ask for this *~new and exciting feature~*. Moreover, people work around stuff they don't like all the time. Plenty of people don't like Plague aesthetic and aren't in Plague flight. Plenty of people don't like male Ridgebacks (my favorite breed) and don't own any. Somehow this is OK, and not wanting to hatch a special eye type isn't OK? Even though a toggle only makes that decision for oneself, and I'm not forcing my playstyle onto someone else? Ummm. I play FR to have fun, an escape from adulting and the stress of life. I don't need people to remind me that "life is stressful and we don't always get what we want and you just have to suck it up and get over it" (especially when these lectures almost always come from people who could be my kids age-wise). I don't see how adding a toggle that someone can put on or off at will hurts anyone else. This is a game, it's not *supposed to be like real life*. That is the freaking point of playing this game. If people expect a pixel dragon game to be teaching you Important Life Lessons about "sometimes you just have to deal with things"... there's something wrong. So yeah, the tendency of people no-supporting just to be contrarian and get up their own butts, sticks in my craw just a bit.
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2021-02-23 22:10:11:
Absolutely baffled by the people no-supporting this because it doesn't solve every phobia on the site.

I've noticed a tendency on the Suggestions forums for people to minimize any concern for mental health issues, frequently using the words "whining", "baby" and "entitled" (those words haven't come up yet in this thread but they absolutely do in other threads), and then people wonder why this forum has a reputation for toxicity and drama. I feel like there's this all-or-nothing attitude a lot of people have about the way things are on FR, like you either have to accept 100% of everything, or "just leave the game".

Here's the thing. I started playing in 2017. Back then *old person wheeze* we didn't have any special eyes. We didn't have Primal, we didn't have Goat, we didn't have Multigaze, we didn't even have Uncommon. If I'd seen Goat and Faceted when I signed up for FR in 2017, I probably would have said "nah" and not signed up. It happens that now I'm addicted to pixel dragon hell and thankfully I don't hatch Goat or Faceted very often (though it does happen and if the hatchling's eyes are big enough, off they go, which sucks when I was expecting to make at least 5-6kt and now I have to settle for 2-3kt by insta-exalting). I didn't sign up for the special eyes - I keep playing in spite of them, not because of them. People who've only been here as long as the eyes have been around may not realize that there was actually a time before they joined, when there were none of these eyes, and that some of us did not ask for this *~new and exciting feature~*. Moreover, people work around stuff they don't like all the time. Plenty of people don't like Plague aesthetic and aren't in Plague flight. Plenty of people don't like male Ridgebacks (my favorite breed) and don't own any. Somehow this is OK, and not wanting to hatch a special eye type isn't OK? Even though a toggle only makes that decision for oneself, and I'm not forcing my playstyle onto someone else? Ummm.

I play FR to have fun, an escape from adulting and the stress of life. I don't need people to remind me that "life is stressful and we don't always get what we want and you just have to suck it up and get over it" (especially when these lectures almost always come from people who could be my kids age-wise). I don't see how adding a toggle that someone can put on or off at will hurts anyone else. This is a game, it's not *supposed to be like real life*. That is the freaking point of playing this game. If people expect a pixel dragon game to be teaching you Important Life Lessons about "sometimes you just have to deal with things"... there's something wrong.

So yeah, the tendency of people no-supporting just to be contrarian and get up their own butts, sticks in my craw just a bit.
I definitely support this, with whatever tweaks for balance the devs would want to implement. It's a very simple QOL improvement, for heaven's sake. Nobody should be obligated to hatch the "special fancy fun treat" eyes.
I definitely support this, with whatever tweaks for balance the devs would want to implement. It's a very simple QOL improvement, for heaven's sake. Nobody should be obligated to hatch the "special fancy fun treat" eyes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13