Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Custom dragons
1 2 3 4 5
So hear me out! I think that it would be super cool for flight rising to have an event where you get to make your dream dragon. You choose the gender, breed, colors, genes, everything. Like in the Scrying workshop's predict morphology section, but you get to keep the dragon for yourself.
I think it would be a good way to reward the players who continue to stay on flight rising after all these years. ^^
I imagine a lot of programming would have to go into it, but I feel like it would be worth it
So hear me out! I think that it would be super cool for flight rising to have an event where you get to make your dream dragon. You choose the gender, breed, colors, genes, everything. Like in the Scrying workshop's predict morphology section, but you get to keep the dragon for yourself.
I think it would be a good way to reward the players who continue to stay on flight rising after all these years. ^^
I imagine a lot of programming would have to go into it, but I feel like it would be worth it
But it's a breeding site.

No support.
But it's a breeding site.

No support.
ZQGfAQY.png
No support for this for the simple reason of it's a breeding game and that would be too easy. Other sites have that mechanic because they are based on breeding for statistics or mutations rather than just general aesthetic. Take Lioden and Alacrity for instance. Similar ideas but very different.

I can, however, support the option to give people a reason to choose tertiary colour on their custom when they join the site. It's a custom and even if a newbie likely won't understand why that colour doesn't show up, usually people default to one of those they already chose. If this were made a thing, however, I think pre-existing accounts should also get this option as a one-time thing so that it's only fair.

Other than that? No support for the original suggestion.
No support for this for the simple reason of it's a breeding game and that would be too easy. Other sites have that mechanic because they are based on breeding for statistics or mutations rather than just general aesthetic. Take Lioden and Alacrity for instance. Similar ideas but very different.

I can, however, support the option to give people a reason to choose tertiary colour on their custom when they join the site. It's a custom and even if a newbie likely won't understand why that colour doesn't show up, usually people default to one of those they already chose. If this were made a thing, however, I think pre-existing accounts should also get this option as a one-time thing so that it's only fair.

Other than that? No support for the original suggestion.
This would be cool but this is a breeding game. Plus, I find meticulously first searching out then working with specific pairs, saving up the currency needed for gene scrolls, and keeping with it to be especially rewarding.
A dream dragon is a dream. So chasing after it could be a fun adventure instead of instantly having it made. Plus, there are threads like the dragonwish foundation that exist to help with this.
This would be cool but this is a breeding game. Plus, I find meticulously first searching out then working with specific pairs, saving up the currency needed for gene scrolls, and keeping with it to be especially rewarding.
A dream dragon is a dream. So chasing after it could be a fun adventure instead of instantly having it made. Plus, there are threads like the dragonwish foundation that exist to help with this.
No support, It would also create a large influx of G1's with desirable colour combinations, breeds, genes etc. Perminantly crippling the market

(I made the assumption they would be G1's due to the fact they would be fully customisable and I don't see how that would work w/ G2+)
No support, It would also create a large influx of G1's with desirable colour combinations, breeds, genes etc. Perminantly crippling the market

(I made the assumption they would be G1's due to the fact they would be fully customisable and I don't see how that would work w/ G2+)
seGmw74.jpg
No support.

This would definitely break the economy for G1s since these custom dragons are most likely G1. People would be able to just make a gem genes, gem breed, XXX obsidian G1 imperial with primal eyes out of nowhere. And since imperial scrolls were a Kickstarter exclusive so are G1 imperials, both are also never going to be present in roundsey’s raffle and if they remove the option for an imperial breed then the dragon would not be fully custom. If it is not a G1 then what dragons will be listed as the parents? I’m also guessing that this is a one time use feature but if it wasn’t people would stop buying dragons and breeding dragons all together. And if it was a one time use one and you ignore all the previous problems people would demand to use it again. After this event previously rare dragons would be much cheaper.
No support.

This would definitely break the economy for G1s since these custom dragons are most likely G1. People would be able to just make a gem genes, gem breed, XXX obsidian G1 imperial with primal eyes out of nowhere. And since imperial scrolls were a Kickstarter exclusive so are G1 imperials, both are also never going to be present in roundsey’s raffle and if they remove the option for an imperial breed then the dragon would not be fully custom. If it is not a G1 then what dragons will be listed as the parents? I’m also guessing that this is a one time use feature but if it wasn’t people would stop buying dragons and breeding dragons all together. And if it was a one time use one and you ignore all the previous problems people would demand to use it again. After this event previously rare dragons would be much cheaper.
kXpNHpy.pngliXoQQI.pnglTl0CrC.pngWRPJKhj.png
FR's main draw is the collection of dragons.
The acquisition of specific dragons commonly serves as longterm goals for players to work towards via breeding, hunting down the perfect G1, mass hatching, AH stalking, or etc.

Allowing players to pop anything they desire into existence for free would not only instantly remove that longterm goal, it also bypasses a lot of important gameplay features, such as the RNG involved in hatching G1s. The market for G1s would be thoroughly destroyed as everyone poofs XXX, primal, gem gene, gem breed G1s into existence.

It would be instant gratification at a great cost.
FR's main draw is the collection of dragons.
The acquisition of specific dragons commonly serves as longterm goals for players to work towards via breeding, hunting down the perfect G1, mass hatching, AH stalking, or etc.

Allowing players to pop anything they desire into existence for free would not only instantly remove that longterm goal, it also bypasses a lot of important gameplay features, such as the RNG involved in hatching G1s. The market for G1s would be thoroughly destroyed as everyone poofs XXX, primal, gem gene, gem breed G1s into existence.

It would be instant gratification at a great cost.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
That's...that literally what this site is for.
That's...that literally what this site is for.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Maybe if it's a 1-time thing for a special event AND the dragon is completely and totally account-locked, I don't really see the harm in it.
Maybe if it's a 1-time thing for a special event AND the dragon is completely and totally account-locked, I don't really see the harm in it.
6ntc1cC.jpg
You already had the opportunity to create that dragon when you joined, buddy.
You already had the opportunity to create that dragon when you joined, buddy.
1 2 3 4 5