Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Custom dragons
1 2 3 4 5
I don't support the ability to fully create a dragon complete with Genes and everything, but an event that lets you create a dragon of any Breed barring Imperials and lets you choose all three of a dragons colors would be kind of neat. It would help a lot of people going for specific color combos that are either rare or don't exist. Heck you could even have an event where you just get to choose all of a dragon's colors but it has to be one of the four 'starter' Breeds, because while you'd still need to obtain Gene Scrolls and perhaps a Breed Scroll, there should be some degree of actual effort to obtain a potentially fully unique dragon.

I also don't think an event like this should be allowed to let you choose Primal or Multi-Gaze for Eye types, though the others would be fine. You could have the choice of what Element it is, though, instead of it being locked to whatever your Flight's Element is.

And also yes to any dragons being made like this being account-locked, essentially making it a third Progen.
I don't support the ability to fully create a dragon complete with Genes and everything, but an event that lets you create a dragon of any Breed barring Imperials and lets you choose all three of a dragons colors would be kind of neat. It would help a lot of people going for specific color combos that are either rare or don't exist. Heck you could even have an event where you just get to choose all of a dragon's colors but it has to be one of the four 'starter' Breeds, because while you'd still need to obtain Gene Scrolls and perhaps a Breed Scroll, there should be some degree of actual effort to obtain a potentially fully unique dragon.

I also don't think an event like this should be allowed to let you choose Primal or Multi-Gaze for Eye types, though the others would be fine. You could have the choice of what Element it is, though, instead of it being locked to whatever your Flight's Element is.

And also yes to any dragons being made like this being account-locked, essentially making it a third Progen.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
we already have that, they're called your progenitors.
we already have that, they're called your progenitors.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
Being able to create your own custom dragon (genes and all) would be super broken on a site like this, so as nice as it would be, I'm gonna have to say no support as well. :(

But I do like the idea of getting to reselect the colours (including tert) for your custom progen! Especially since you can't choose the tert when you make your progen, so a lot of people end up with something super ugly... Mine was Maize/Crimson (nice) with a Navy tert (ugh) until I scatterscrolled her.

You still wouldn't be able to select new genes or a new breed, but being able to pick different colours would be nice. And progens are account-locked, so if someone made their custom XXX Obsidian, it's not like it would affect the dragon market.

Even if it was limited to the old colour wheel (I'm pretty sure progen creation is limited to the old colour wheel?), and I could only do it once, I'd love to be able to pick nicer colours for my custom.
Being able to create your own custom dragon (genes and all) would be super broken on a site like this, so as nice as it would be, I'm gonna have to say no support as well. :(

But I do like the idea of getting to reselect the colours (including tert) for your custom progen! Especially since you can't choose the tert when you make your progen, so a lot of people end up with something super ugly... Mine was Maize/Crimson (nice) with a Navy tert (ugh) until I scatterscrolled her.

You still wouldn't be able to select new genes or a new breed, but being able to pick different colours would be nice. And progens are account-locked, so if someone made their custom XXX Obsidian, it's not like it would affect the dragon market.

Even if it was limited to the old colour wheel (I'm pretty sure progen creation is limited to the old colour wheel?), and I could only do it once, I'd love to be able to pick nicer colours for my custom.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
In addition to what @Rainbeetle said, while I can't comment on those specific sites, I play three other sites with 'custom' options.

Two of those, Gryffs and Khimeros, have no way to get 'gen1' pets without the custom maker. (Gryffs, to be fair, has contests where the owner of the site creates the custom and send it to you). Like the two mentioned, they have a variety of markings, and there are layering and fades, and being able to 'add' markings to a lineage by breeding pets etc.. Gryffs, at least, also only allows you 12 markings on a custom gryff, and you have to pay for each one (not sure about Khimeros, it may allow a pet with all markings but you have to pay for each one). This keeps the breeding aspect of the site, because if you want more markings you have to breed them onto the pet.

I don't know that much about Khimeros, because I am not that really into it, but I think it is a lot like Gryffs (believe it was started by the same people, though they are owned by different people now, but I am not really sure).

The other site that allows 'custom' pets is Sylestia.

However, their custom generators are VERY limited compared to other sites. They also have ways to obtain other gen1 pets other than the custom.

On Sylestia, you can obtain or buy 'essences' that will allow you to pick (if I remember), lowest level, 1 trait, and higher two 2 traits, out of six possible traits. (I may be 2 and 3 traits, but not sure), and all colors, though colors can be different on the 'created' pet, with, again, the lowest essence being the least accurate, and the highest essence being the most accurate.

They also have ways to 'capture' wild pets, which are gen1s, though those are often not worth anything, due to having something called 'themes' that are pets with specific color patterns and 'tag' that gives the name of the theme. You can also catch these in some places, and at certain times for some, and you can also create them, though not with essences, but rather with other mechanics that are associated with festivals (it seems complicated trying to explain it, but it honestly isn't all that complicated). Again, created pets can have up to 3 traits, though it is hard to get the item to give them three traits, and wild caught pets can have up to 5? Maybe they can have all 6 traits filled, though the chance of finding one of those is next to non-existent.

To complicate things, they also have a vastly different breeding system that works more on a punnet square system, with hidden and carried traits, as well as visible traits. (and the pets that can be caught have trait points and it takes two trait points in one slot to make a visible trait in that slot, which is why I can't remember how many visibles a wild caught pet can actually have. I know they can have a carried trait in each slot, but not sure about visible traits in each slot).

They also, unlike Gryffs and FR, have different 'species' of pets, and unlike Khimeros, these pets cannot breed together (Khimeros has the ability to create hybrids, by breeding two different species of pet together).

Basically, the tl;dr is that these sites with custom makers have vastly different systems of breeding, and they are usually MUCH more complicated. They also don't tend to have ways to obtain gen1 pets outside of the custom makers.
In addition to what @Rainbeetle said, while I can't comment on those specific sites, I play three other sites with 'custom' options.

Two of those, Gryffs and Khimeros, have no way to get 'gen1' pets without the custom maker. (Gryffs, to be fair, has contests where the owner of the site creates the custom and send it to you). Like the two mentioned, they have a variety of markings, and there are layering and fades, and being able to 'add' markings to a lineage by breeding pets etc.. Gryffs, at least, also only allows you 12 markings on a custom gryff, and you have to pay for each one (not sure about Khimeros, it may allow a pet with all markings but you have to pay for each one). This keeps the breeding aspect of the site, because if you want more markings you have to breed them onto the pet.

I don't know that much about Khimeros, because I am not that really into it, but I think it is a lot like Gryffs (believe it was started by the same people, though they are owned by different people now, but I am not really sure).

The other site that allows 'custom' pets is Sylestia.

However, their custom generators are VERY limited compared to other sites. They also have ways to obtain other gen1 pets other than the custom.

On Sylestia, you can obtain or buy 'essences' that will allow you to pick (if I remember), lowest level, 1 trait, and higher two 2 traits, out of six possible traits. (I may be 2 and 3 traits, but not sure), and all colors, though colors can be different on the 'created' pet, with, again, the lowest essence being the least accurate, and the highest essence being the most accurate.

They also have ways to 'capture' wild pets, which are gen1s, though those are often not worth anything, due to having something called 'themes' that are pets with specific color patterns and 'tag' that gives the name of the theme. You can also catch these in some places, and at certain times for some, and you can also create them, though not with essences, but rather with other mechanics that are associated with festivals (it seems complicated trying to explain it, but it honestly isn't all that complicated). Again, created pets can have up to 3 traits, though it is hard to get the item to give them three traits, and wild caught pets can have up to 5? Maybe they can have all 6 traits filled, though the chance of finding one of those is next to non-existent.

To complicate things, they also have a vastly different breeding system that works more on a punnet square system, with hidden and carried traits, as well as visible traits. (and the pets that can be caught have trait points and it takes two trait points in one slot to make a visible trait in that slot, which is why I can't remember how many visibles a wild caught pet can actually have. I know they can have a carried trait in each slot, but not sure about visible traits in each slot).

They also, unlike Gryffs and FR, have different 'species' of pets, and unlike Khimeros, these pets cannot breed together (Khimeros has the ability to create hybrids, by breeding two different species of pet together).

Basically, the tl;dr is that these sites with custom makers have vastly different systems of breeding, and they are usually MUCH more complicated. They also don't tend to have ways to obtain gen1 pets outside of the custom makers.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I support this, if it’s account locked
I support this, if it’s account locked
image0.png
I’m kind of at a crossroads with this while it would be amazing to be able to get a dream dragon with no cost whatsoever it’d ruin the fun of the game.

Having dream dragon projects/ breeding projects would get destroyed

If this was a one time event maybe??? I don’t really know- I’m just gonna have to go with no support
I’m kind of at a crossroads with this while it would be amazing to be able to get a dream dragon with no cost whatsoever it’d ruin the fun of the game.

Having dream dragon projects/ breeding projects would get destroyed

If this was a one time event maybe??? I don’t really know- I’m just gonna have to go with no support
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3084436#post_3084436 Get yourself some free dragons before they go in goop mom’s goo
FlightRising is a breeding game where you work to get the dragons that you want. That's the entire purpose of it! Having a completely custom dragon destroys the purpose of the game.

However. I can see some good things on progens getting a chance to have some things changed, for a good price of course. Many people that start off the game have no idea what they're doing or getting themselves into, and may make a progen they just don't like later on. I believe giving a chance to redesign these progens, and give them custom colors would be great.

Maybe there could be a time limit after account creation to use the customization item, to prevent new accounts/multi-accounting from becoming rampant and suddenly there being XXX progens all over the place.

But, to the OG suggestion, no support.
FlightRising is a breeding game where you work to get the dragons that you want. That's the entire purpose of it! Having a completely custom dragon destroys the purpose of the game.

However. I can see some good things on progens getting a chance to have some things changed, for a good price of course. Many people that start off the game have no idea what they're doing or getting themselves into, and may make a progen they just don't like later on. I believe giving a chance to redesign these progens, and give them custom colors would be great.

Maybe there could be a time limit after account creation to use the customization item, to prevent new accounts/multi-accounting from becoming rampant and suddenly there being XXX progens all over the place.

But, to the OG suggestion, no support.
74332c694ca06bf1ae3ceeac370ec53d30d44605.png
No support for the OG suggestion.

A progen remake option, or the ability to choose a custom tert for an existing progen + all new players being able to choose their custom progen's tert might be nice. I don't know if I would use it, personally, but I've never understood why we can't choose our custom progen's tert.

I do wonder what the harm in XXX progens would be, as a few people have mentioned that being a concern. To my knowledge the only real G2 market out there is for G2 Imperials, or for something like children of Naomi. Is there a market for XXX or XXY/XYX/XYY G2s that I'm not aware of?
No support for the OG suggestion.

A progen remake option, or the ability to choose a custom tert for an existing progen + all new players being able to choose their custom progen's tert might be nice. I don't know if I would use it, personally, but I've never understood why we can't choose our custom progen's tert.

I do wonder what the harm in XXX progens would be, as a few people have mentioned that being a concern. To my knowledge the only real G2 market out there is for G2 Imperials, or for something like children of Naomi. Is there a market for XXX or XXY/XYX/XYY G2s that I'm not aware of?
[quote name="nonisland" date="2021-01-31 19:42:49" ] I do wonder what the harm in XXX progens would be, as a few people have mentioned that being a concern. To my knowledge the only real G2 market out there is for G2 Imperials, or for something like children of Naomi. Is there a market for XXX or XXY/XYX/XYY G2s that I'm not aware of? [/quote] There's a growing generalized G2 market out there but they generally aren't worth much more than any other dragon in most cases. Some people can get away with selling for 100+ gems but it's rare and usually the dragon/s are all gem gened to some degree with heavily matching or sought out colours. For instance, my Veil pair is apparently decently popular (which... wasn't expecting that one) and I have been able to sell for 50-200g before (only extremely matchy babies though). It really depends on the appeal like any other dragon. Basically... yes and no, but it's for matching not specifically for XXX, XYX, XYY, etc. In my opinion, it's not enough to even worry about choosing a tertiary on a custom progen dragon. It's not like we're choosing eye type and genes too. That's still a lot of work and it took me 3 years to gene my progens as a newbie not understanding anything and with minimal forum interaction. Literally 3 years, and that was when the site first launched. It's easier now but I'd argue even more daunting for newbies. You can't sell your progens anyway, so there's nothing there to really break the market for G1s. If you didn't make that dream dragon from the start, you're kind of screwed and most newbies aren't going to. If they chose an XXX custom? Cool, congrats. It can't be sold, though, and it won't change the values of G1s that are XXX just because even 100+ people have that same XXX progen. It can't be sold, so it's no more available to anyone than it was prior.
nonisland wrote on 2021-01-31 19:42:49:

There's a growing generalized G2 market out there but they generally aren't worth much more than any other dragon in most cases. Some people can get away with selling for 100+ gems but it's rare and usually the dragon/s are all gem gened to some degree with heavily matching or sought out colours. For instance, my Veil pair is apparently decently popular (which... wasn't expecting that one) and I have been able to sell for 50-200g before (only extremely matchy babies though). It really depends on the appeal like any other dragon. Basically... yes and no, but it's for matching not specifically for XXX, XYX, XYY, etc.

In my opinion, it's not enough to even worry about choosing a tertiary on a custom progen dragon. It's not like we're choosing eye type and genes too. That's still a lot of work and it took me 3 years to gene my progens as a newbie not understanding anything and with minimal forum interaction. Literally 3 years, and that was when the site first launched. It's easier now but I'd argue even more daunting for newbies.

You can't sell your progens anyway, so there's nothing there to really break the market for G1s. If you didn't make that dream dragon from the start, you're kind of screwed and most newbies aren't going to. If they chose an XXX custom? Cool, congrats. It can't be sold, though, and it won't change the values of G1s that are XXX just because even 100+ people have that same XXX progen. It can't be sold, so it's no more available to anyone than it was prior.
Honestly one of my favourite things about FR is that it doesn't have strictly custom pet designs. Because on other petsites (like Wajas), customs are always pay to win, and they are always the most desirable pets economy-wise (followed by their direct descendants if you design a pair of customs to have matchy kids). I am glad we don't have that pay to win feature here.

That being said... I don't really see what the harm is in letting people pick a tertiary for their custom progen. It's just one dragon, it's supposed to be a special one, and it's account bound, so not like you can sell them like you could with any other triple g1.
Honestly one of my favourite things about FR is that it doesn't have strictly custom pet designs. Because on other petsites (like Wajas), customs are always pay to win, and they are always the most desirable pets economy-wise (followed by their direct descendants if you design a pair of customs to have matchy kids). I am glad we don't have that pay to win feature here.

That being said... I don't really see what the harm is in letting people pick a tertiary for their custom progen. It's just one dragon, it's supposed to be a special one, and it's account bound, so not like you can sell them like you could with any other triple g1.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5