Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop censoring this word
1 2 3
I thought it applied for non-accented appetit as well because I saw it censored in a dragon tagline. But the owner just told me they did that on purpose as a joke! Lol

It actually does apply to the accented version which may divide the word into two parts... I guess that makes sense. Wish it didn’t have to though :d
I thought it applied for non-accented appetit as well because I saw it censored in a dragon tagline. But the owner just told me they did that on purpose as a joke! Lol

It actually does apply to the accented version which may divide the word into two parts... I guess that makes sense. Wish it didn’t have to though :d
I support to not censor it if it's part of a word like there's a horse breed I adore, but I can't talk about them on FR because a part of their name gets censored. Due to that part of their name being a slur used against Romani people

but like...I'm talking about horses, not insulting people
I support to not censor it if it's part of a word like there's a horse breed I adore, but I can't talk about them on FR because a part of their name gets censored. Due to that part of their name being a slur used against Romani people

but like...I'm talking about horses, not insulting people
DVcXRyP.png
To be honest, if it is a coding issue, then it's probably better to post in Bug Reports or submit a ticket under Support.

According to the 7th Anniversary post, the forums actually got a refactor (don't believe I was around for this, but might have missed it). If you go back to very old threads, you'll see that many posts have broken characters. Here's a short thread to demonstrate what I mean. Seems mostly apostrophes are broken, but I figure it's like the same thing that's happening to appetit and what Trix experienced. I mention the refactor because I feel that it's what caused all the old apostrophes to break.

[edit: a word. thanks autocorrect]
To be honest, if it is a coding issue, then it's probably better to post in Bug Reports or submit a ticket under Support.

According to the 7th Anniversary post, the forums actually got a refactor (don't believe I was around for this, but might have missed it). If you go back to very old threads, you'll see that many posts have broken characters. Here's a short thread to demonstrate what I mean. Seems mostly apostrophes are broken, but I figure it's like the same thing that's happening to appetit and what Trix experienced. I mention the refactor because I feel that it's what caused all the old apostrophes to break.

[edit: a word. thanks autocorrect]
fo11Vhp.png
Support. There's a lot of really weird censoring decisions on the site.

Is corvid still a banned name?
Support. There's a lot of really weird censoring decisions on the site.

Is corvid still a banned name?
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Pretty sure this is a technical issue rather than an intentional decision. Would be nice if it were fixed but I have no idea how difficult it is or how high on the priority list it is - probably not very considering how long it's been.
Pretty sure this is a technical issue rather than an intentional decision. Would be nice if it were fixed but I have no idea how difficult it is or how high on the priority list it is - probably not very considering how long it's been.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Support for un-censoring bon appetit. The individual word can remain censored, but French for "ey you enjoy your meal"? No.

And can we please unblock Corvid? It's a family of bird. It does have a great resemblance to COVID, so it could be considered too-soon, but after the pandemic ends I'd love this name back. There's a lot of weird decisions regarding censoring on the site, and while some are understandable - Cher (kind of regarding Chernobyl) being censored but Cov (kind-of-but-not-really regarding COVID) - they make no sense.
Support for un-censoring bon appetit. The individual word can remain censored, but French for "ey you enjoy your meal"? No.

And can we please unblock Corvid? It's a family of bird. It does have a great resemblance to COVID, so it could be considered too-soon, but after the pandemic ends I'd love this name back. There's a lot of weird decisions regarding censoring on the site, and while some are understandable - Cher (kind of regarding Chernobyl) being censored but Cov (kind-of-but-not-really regarding COVID) - they make no sense.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
@Apocalyptichorse I mean, the people are relevant to why the horse is called that. It's also called an Irish Cobb, so it's not like the horse itself can't be spoken of.

@Zikitty

Wait, is CORVID blocked? Ugh, that's really frustrating. It's literally just a type of bird. Looking LIKE a word is pretty different from actually being the word.
@Apocalyptichorse I mean, the people are relevant to why the horse is called that. It's also called an Irish Cobb, so it's not like the horse itself can't be spoken of.

@Zikitty

Wait, is CORVID blocked? Ugh, that's really frustrating. It's literally just a type of bird. Looking LIKE a word is pretty different from actually being the word.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
@trix

ah, in my own language they are only known under the other name. My point still stands though, calling a horsebreed by its name isn't a crime nor an insult. *shrug*
@trix

ah, in my own language they are only known under the other name. My point still stands though, calling a horsebreed by its name isn't a crime nor an insult. *shrug*
DVcXRyP.png
Tbh the censorship on this site is extremely exaggerated and only points out words as slurs while most peeps don't even know about them. Seriously, I've learned tons of new insulting stuff and slurs just because of FR censorship...
Tbh the censorship on this site is extremely exaggerated and only points out words as slurs while most peeps don't even know about them. Seriously, I've learned tons of new insulting stuff and slurs just because of FR censorship...
0gqs.jpg

pugaOfm.png

utMivob.png
oh yeah I noticed that censor back when I mentioned the ragepuffs looking adorable because they look like my favourite birds, Japanese ****.

idk is **** sapiens also still censored? that was a facepalm moment for me too
oh yeah I noticed that censor back when I mentioned the ragepuffs looking adorable because they look like my favourite birds, Japanese ****.

idk is **** sapiens also still censored? that was a facepalm moment for me too
qR6otwA.png
1 2 3