Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32
I definitely give my vote to this one, the dotted empty boxes from the update look so weird on a detailed background :x
I definitely give my vote to this one, the dotted empty boxes from the update look so weird on a detailed background :x
54855021_Oi3tJbZLZp7x7tD.png 54850879_REYaprxTZ70dBgh.png
Oh, I like the second mockup here, very similar to Celaena's but I like having the Physical text separated into a box like that.
Oh, I like the second mockup here, very similar to Celaena's but I like having the Physical text separated into a box like that.
don't like my dragons
support.

the mockups are nifty and very well done, the slimmer being my preferred of the two-
does leaving a comment help moderators see these suggestions?
hopefully. havent really used the forums before,,
support.

the mockups are nifty and very well done, the slimmer being my preferred of the two-
does leaving a comment help moderators see these suggestions?
hopefully. havent really used the forums before,,
2qY8fko.png . ABOUT
sin | any pronoun | FR +0

» adopts, » lair dragons, » den dragons
I agree that the profile page needs some serious tweaks.

I'm not an editing expert but these are my suggestions;

1. Name of dragon, and ID to be centered.
2. 'Likes' feature either complete removed, or able to be disabled
3. First third of the page to only show dragon (larger) and familiar (moved a little more to the right)
4. Second third of the page to show physical info, lineage and apparel
5. Under all of this information buttons to be displayed, all the same size;
Customise, Scenic Mode, Morphology, Feed, Breed, Sell, Exalt then Bond and Change
6. Battle info to be at the bottom of physical info as a tab/drop down menu
7. Physical Info can also include breed
8. Biography at the bottom (edit/add vista buttons to be centered and only visible to user)

My reasoning;
1. No need to have the gender and breed of the dragon featured prominently at the top of the page, some might not find this inclusive for LGBTIQ+ dragons/lore.
2. I don't want FR to feel like social media which I find predominantly detrimental for mental health.
3. One major problem I have with profiles now is how difficult it is to see types of eyes. Why was this feature implemented, if you can only really see the eyes on hatchlings? Let the dragon be the prominent feature on it's own profile please! I've also seen some dragons and their familiars look suuuuuper cluttered and close together, this isn't aesthetically pleasing.
4. Lineage should be centered because breeding was the original purpose of the game.
Let the physical info show the breed (and if necessary gender) in a less obtrusive manner. Apparel in solid boxes, the 'cut out' boxes feel unfinished.
5. The amount of buttons and how scattered they are are not inclusive to users who have processing disorders, anxiety with clutter etc. The focus on these profiles should be that they are user friendly.
6. Most users don't level their dragons, for example I currently have 83 dragons in my normal lair and 94 in my hibden. Six of these are fully leveled Coli dragons. I believe most users are similar. Why would I want battle info to be prominent if most of my dragons aren't battlers?
7. In regards to the above point and not having the breed at the top of the page this is where it would make the most sense to be listed.
8. Again the buttons on the bottom of the dragon's biography and not aesthetically pleasing and just don't look good.

Or maybe we can make all the boxes editable so that users can choose which info goes where?

OR, allow there to be a toggle to 'Classic View' because if nothing changes I want to be able to look at a simpler profile.

I agree that the profile page needs some serious tweaks.

I'm not an editing expert but these are my suggestions;

1. Name of dragon, and ID to be centered.
2. 'Likes' feature either complete removed, or able to be disabled
3. First third of the page to only show dragon (larger) and familiar (moved a little more to the right)
4. Second third of the page to show physical info, lineage and apparel
5. Under all of this information buttons to be displayed, all the same size;
Customise, Scenic Mode, Morphology, Feed, Breed, Sell, Exalt then Bond and Change
6. Battle info to be at the bottom of physical info as a tab/drop down menu
7. Physical Info can also include breed
8. Biography at the bottom (edit/add vista buttons to be centered and only visible to user)

My reasoning;
1. No need to have the gender and breed of the dragon featured prominently at the top of the page, some might not find this inclusive for LGBTIQ+ dragons/lore.
2. I don't want FR to feel like social media which I find predominantly detrimental for mental health.
3. One major problem I have with profiles now is how difficult it is to see types of eyes. Why was this feature implemented, if you can only really see the eyes on hatchlings? Let the dragon be the prominent feature on it's own profile please! I've also seen some dragons and their familiars look suuuuuper cluttered and close together, this isn't aesthetically pleasing.
4. Lineage should be centered because breeding was the original purpose of the game.
Let the physical info show the breed (and if necessary gender) in a less obtrusive manner. Apparel in solid boxes, the 'cut out' boxes feel unfinished.
5. The amount of buttons and how scattered they are are not inclusive to users who have processing disorders, anxiety with clutter etc. The focus on these profiles should be that they are user friendly.
6. Most users don't level their dragons, for example I currently have 83 dragons in my normal lair and 94 in my hibden. Six of these are fully leveled Coli dragons. I believe most users are similar. Why would I want battle info to be prominent if most of my dragons aren't battlers?
7. In regards to the above point and not having the breed at the top of the page this is where it would make the most sense to be listed.
8. Again the buttons on the bottom of the dragon's biography and not aesthetically pleasing and just don't look good.

Or maybe we can make all the boxes editable so that users can choose which info goes where?

OR, allow there to be a toggle to 'Classic View' because if nothing changes I want to be able to look at a simpler profile.

I support it (current mockup), but I think I think the design would look a bit more sleek and modern if the size of the buttons were a bit smaller. It could be because I play on PC, but I don't think the buttons need to be that big. I would also consider making the familiar a bit smaller. However, I am nitpicking on that one. In all, I think the update is a bit too blocky- I like what everyone's done!
I support it (current mockup), but I think I think the design would look a bit more sleek and modern if the size of the buttons were a bit smaller. It could be because I play on PC, but I don't think the buttons need to be that big. I would also consider making the familiar a bit smaller. However, I am nitpicking on that one. In all, I think the update is a bit too blocky- I like what everyone's done!
iceflight_by_kitsunka-d8l0oi6.png

tumblr_inline_oki65yViEP1tfmvub_100.png
I heavily prefer this mockup to the current situation too. I really hope something is done about it soon, after getting so many awesome changes (selective breeding, Fiona, Game Database, Bestiary revamp, whatnot), I'm saddened that the big anniversary update is the first thing I genuinely hate about the site.
I heavily prefer this mockup to the current situation too. I really hope something is done about it soon, after getting so many awesome changes (selective breeding, Fiona, Game Database, Bestiary revamp, whatnot), I'm saddened that the big anniversary update is the first thing I genuinely hate about the site.
he/they

adult
eng/hun
Encapsulated Mist
Now the night is coming to an end.
The sun will rise,
and we will try again.
Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
Bottled Bones
Huge support for switching physical description and apparel/skin/scene box around; viewers can already see what apparel/skin/scene is equipped by looking at the dragon, they don't need that information given to them twice when there's other info that could be put in that place. I also like that you've put it in a box, but left the dragon and familiar 'unboxed'.

Support for the alternative to the empty apparel slots. I'd personally prefer for empty apparel slots to not be shown at all but this is a huge improvement from the current version which makes it feel the site views any slots that aren't filled as missing/incomplete.

Support for making the arrows on the dragon smaller or not overlapping so much with the dragon.

I like the 'toggleable' non-essential info but don't think it's as important a change as some other things. I actually like how battle stats/info and lineage is currently ordered on the profiles but wouldn't be bothered by their places being switched.
Huge support for switching physical description and apparel/skin/scene box around; viewers can already see what apparel/skin/scene is equipped by looking at the dragon, they don't need that information given to them twice when there's other info that could be put in that place. I also like that you've put it in a box, but left the dragon and familiar 'unboxed'.

Support for the alternative to the empty apparel slots. I'd personally prefer for empty apparel slots to not be shown at all but this is a huge improvement from the current version which makes it feel the site views any slots that aren't filled as missing/incomplete.

Support for making the arrows on the dragon smaller or not overlapping so much with the dragon.

I like the 'toggleable' non-essential info but don't think it's as important a change as some other things. I actually like how battle stats/info and lineage is currently ordered on the profiles but wouldn't be bothered by their places being switched.
kbqBOtG.png
Oh, I really like this look better! Support.

I know it's always hard to make so many implementations look good in general. And the many different suggestions for where what should be reflects this. Always makes me feel awful for wanting changes when I'm really grateful and happy about all the effort the staff does all the time. >__<

Would it be possible to implement a layout that allows us to customize the placement of boxes and buttons? (Similar to how we can choose how many dragons we have in a column and how we can name and arrange pages.) You can't make everyone happy, but this could be a nice solution.

But in case it's supposed to be a consistent look for the site, I'd prefer any version with less clutter around the dragon so that they are more in the main focus again. (Especially now that we have nice backgrounds for them too! ♥)
Oh, I really like this look better! Support.

I know it's always hard to make so many implementations look good in general. And the many different suggestions for where what should be reflects this. Always makes me feel awful for wanting changes when I'm really grateful and happy about all the effort the staff does all the time. >__<

Would it be possible to implement a layout that allows us to customize the placement of boxes and buttons? (Similar to how we can choose how many dragons we have in a column and how we can name and arrange pages.) You can't make everyone happy, but this could be a nice solution.

But in case it's supposed to be a consistent look for the site, I'd prefer any version with less clutter around the dragon so that they are more in the main focus again. (Especially now that we have nice backgrounds for them too! ♥)
FR+9h, Germany, she/her
Support!!!

I realllyy dislike the way apparel is up top next to the dragon.

Don't even get me started on how ugly and jarring those dotted lines are for apparel and familiar slots

I like the 2nd mock up version, with the slimmer physical box
Support!!!

I realllyy dislike the way apparel is up top next to the dragon.

Don't even get me started on how ugly and jarring those dotted lines are for apparel and familiar slots

I like the 2nd mock up version, with the slimmer physical box
x FR+0
x Exalting Lair?
bio_texst_by_nyctophiliacrobin-dbjj4dx.png x Previously MysticRobin
x Previously Yuty
I'm no graphic designer but I tried to merge [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2870673/1#post_2870673][color=blue]Melralis[/color][/url] slim design with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2870673/13#post_43585626][color=blue]Stormdragon's[/color][/url] design... I hope ya'll don't mind, I just copy+pasta bits and pieces from ya'lls. It's def. not perfect but more about layout placement than sizes of font and what not. I like both mockups but the customize/feed/breed/etc bar just felt like it broke up too much for me. [img]https://i.imgur.com/qTMDwdY.png[/img]
I'm no graphic designer but I tried to merge Melralis slim design with Stormdragon's design... I hope ya'll don't mind, I just copy+pasta bits and pieces from ya'lls. It's def. not perfect but more about layout placement than sizes of font and what not.

I like both mockups but the customize/feed/breed/etc bar just felt like it broke up too much for me.

qTMDwdY.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32