Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31 32
This is very AMAZING! I like the new layout but you made it better!

I have suggestion if it is ok. Can you make a mock-up with a gear button, chicken button and egg button? For customize, feed, breed. Put them next to the like button because there is extra space there. Also on familiars a heart button and switch buttons. For bond and change familiar. Put them inside the familiar invisible box and make them vertical. Heart in top switch on bottom.

It would be nice because if the non-essential section is toggable then when you make it go away it make the biography show up. Lots of dragons have really cool biographies but they are very far away now and I forget to read them.

I seen many better mockup verse what I tried to describe. Everyone is very talented and I support everyones mockups!
This is very AMAZING! I like the new layout but you made it better!

I have suggestion if it is ok. Can you make a mock-up with a gear button, chicken button and egg button? For customize, feed, breed. Put them next to the like button because there is extra space there. Also on familiars a heart button and switch buttons. For bond and change familiar. Put them inside the familiar invisible box and make them vertical. Heart in top switch on bottom.

It would be nice because if the non-essential section is toggable then when you make it go away it make the biography show up. Lots of dragons have really cool biographies but they are very far away now and I forget to read them.

I seen many better mockup verse what I tried to describe. Everyone is very talented and I support everyones mockups!
6NDVAGQ.png
Here's a mockup that I'm suggesting. It did take away the coliseum info, which is something I'll never really use or want to highlight. I know for some people that's important to them, so my main suggestion is: let individuals choose how all the profile pages of their dragons are going to be laid out with the info blocks, locking the dragon in the middle. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZLuLy8O.jpg[/img] or switch the feed/breed/bond buttons with the apparel, so the bond is closer to the familiar
Here's a mockup that I'm suggesting.
It did take away the coliseum info, which is something I'll never really use or want to highlight. I know for some people that's important to them, so my main suggestion is: let individuals choose how all the profile pages of their dragons are going to be laid out with the info blocks, locking the dragon in the middle.
ZLuLy8O.jpg
or switch the feed/breed/bond buttons with the apparel, so the bond is closer to the familiar
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Huge support. Looks so much freaking better.
Huge support. Looks so much freaking better.
TBD
Support, support and more support.

Perfection for me would be a happy merge of Stormdragon's mockup and Melralis alt/slim mockup. That would be *chefs kiss* perfection for me.

But honestly any of the mockups in this thread I'll take.
Support, support and more support.

Perfection for me would be a happy merge of Stormdragon's mockup and Melralis alt/slim mockup. That would be *chefs kiss* perfection for me.

But honestly any of the mockups in this thread I'll take.
I love the alternative mockup with the narrower info bar! This looks a fair bit neater and less crowded than the current layout.

Smaller edit/etc. buttons would be nice, as well. They probably made the buttons and hunger meters larger for mobile users, but I’m on mobile 99% of the time, and I would much prefer smaller buttons. I can just zoom in if I need to click on something small. Right now, the massive honkin’ buttons take up as much space as the dragon image itself, which makes the page look cramped and not very attractive. :’0
I love the alternative mockup with the narrower info bar! This looks a fair bit neater and less crowded than the current layout.

Smaller edit/etc. buttons would be nice, as well. They probably made the buttons and hunger meters larger for mobile users, but I’m on mobile 99% of the time, and I would much prefer smaller buttons. I can just zoom in if I need to click on something small. Right now, the massive honkin’ buttons take up as much space as the dragon image itself, which makes the page look cramped and not very attractive. :’0
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support! While I don't mind the general concept of updating the dragon pages, its current layout isn't particularly intuitive (and frankly distracting as well)
Placing the dragon's info where the apparel slot is now makes a lot more sense in terms of information a player is likely to be interested in (and we can already see the apparel on the dragon itself, having it out of the way so that players can simply check apparel names if necassary makes much more sense than putting it directly next to the dressed dragon).
Putting the info into a box as well would really help to reduce clutter and increase legibility against the now multicoloured backgrounds

Also support for removing the dotted lines where a dragon does not have apparel slots filled or a familiar attached. The vast majority of people won't film every single one of their apparel slots for each of their dragons, and it leaves a sense of incompletion (and adds to the clutter as well)

Edit: as an additional note on layout, I find the giant report button on other's people's dragons a bit jarring. I think it would work more nicely to put it as a small icon in the corner of the page (like on the forums). I don't think it poses much of an issue for mobile users to make it a bit smaller (as a mobile user myself)
Support! While I don't mind the general concept of updating the dragon pages, its current layout isn't particularly intuitive (and frankly distracting as well)
Placing the dragon's info where the apparel slot is now makes a lot more sense in terms of information a player is likely to be interested in (and we can already see the apparel on the dragon itself, having it out of the way so that players can simply check apparel names if necassary makes much more sense than putting it directly next to the dressed dragon).
Putting the info into a box as well would really help to reduce clutter and increase legibility against the now multicoloured backgrounds

Also support for removing the dotted lines where a dragon does not have apparel slots filled or a familiar attached. The vast majority of people won't film every single one of their apparel slots for each of their dragons, and it leaves a sense of incompletion (and adds to the clutter as well)

Edit: as an additional note on layout, I find the giant report button on other's people's dragons a bit jarring. I think it would work more nicely to put it as a small icon in the corner of the page (like on the forums). I don't think it poses much of an issue for mobile users to make it a bit smaller (as a mobile user myself)
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2020-06-08 15:37:28" ] Here's a mockup that I'm suggesting. It did take away the coliseum info, which is something I'll never really use or want to highlight. I know for some people that's important to them, so my main suggestion is: let individuals choose how all the profile pages of their dragons are going to be laid out with the info blocks, locking the dragon in the middle. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZLuLy8O.jpg[/img] or switch the feed/breed/bond buttons with the apparel, so the bond is closer to the familiar [/quote] support for the topic but i really don't like having the coliseum info on the page so i'd prefer this mockup more.
Stormdragon wrote on 2020-06-08 15:37:28:
Here's a mockup that I'm suggesting.
It did take away the coliseum info, which is something I'll never really use or want to highlight. I know for some people that's important to them, so my main suggestion is: let individuals choose how all the profile pages of their dragons are going to be laid out with the info blocks, locking the dragon in the middle.
ZLuLy8O.jpg
or switch the feed/breed/bond buttons with the apparel, so the bond is closer to the familiar

support for the topic but i really don't like having the coliseum info on the page so i'd prefer this mockup more.
DmRdZYl.png
I greatly prefer your version (especially the alternate with the slimmer physical info)! I understand the idea behind having apparel at the top as it's where users' power to customize is greater. However, I feel the physical info is just more important, more fundamental, and by far what I'm usually interested in seeing. Having physical info boxed in is also much more visually appealing. As it is currently, everything in the middle panel (including physical info) is too messy and busy. The three elements in the middle panel aren't well defined from each other.

I also love how you approached empty apparel slots. They're a huge eyesore in the current layout and the vast majority of dragons are going to have a lot of them. (How many dragons have 20 filled apparel slots, really?)
I greatly prefer your version (especially the alternate with the slimmer physical info)! I understand the idea behind having apparel at the top as it's where users' power to customize is greater. However, I feel the physical info is just more important, more fundamental, and by far what I'm usually interested in seeing. Having physical info boxed in is also much more visually appealing. As it is currently, everything in the middle panel (including physical info) is too messy and busy. The three elements in the middle panel aren't well defined from each other.

I also love how you approached empty apparel slots. They're a huge eyesore in the current layout and the vast majority of dragons are going to have a lot of them. (How many dragons have 20 filled apparel slots, really?)
Big support, especially for the slimmer alt version.
Big support, especially for the slimmer alt version.
dfSpwLx.png
Wow this looks a lot more official and cleaner than the actual one currently. I support this! It’s so much nicer to look at, it’s not so cluttered.
Wow this looks a lot more official and cleaner than the actual one currently. I support this! It’s so much nicer to look at, it’s not so cluttered.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31 32