Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [MOCKUP] "Visiting View" Dragon Fix
1 2 3 4 5
Heya! Your mockup is great! I've added it to my first page comment in the anniv update to give it more visibility. Let's hope the devs see it!
Heya! Your mockup is great! I've added it to my first page comment in the anniv update to give it more visibility. Let's hope the devs see it!
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
love love love this!

but no, i don't want the bio/data info up in that spot. i just want the top to be my lovely dragon, and it's familiar, cavorting in their scene (possibly).

and smaller (or more distant!) next/prev dragon arrows. like... maybe not on top of the dragon art at all? every time i mouse over my dragons, the arrows pop up and take up space....

ah, sorry. just had to rant a bit there. i dislike clutter on my art ;)
love love love this!

but no, i don't want the bio/data info up in that spot. i just want the top to be my lovely dragon, and it's familiar, cavorting in their scene (possibly).

and smaller (or more distant!) next/prev dragon arrows. like... maybe not on top of the dragon art at all? every time i mouse over my dragons, the arrows pop up and take up space....

ah, sorry. just had to rant a bit there. i dislike clutter on my art ;)
i really like this! the dragon looks way less "boxed in", if that makes sense
i really like this! the dragon looks way less "boxed in", if that makes sense
fzww6al.png
This is how it should be, support. 10/10 design suggestion
This is how it should be, support. 10/10 design suggestion
YAzXKmc.gif
I support this wholeheartedly!! It looks so much better and allows me to enjoy the dragon, fam, and scene that much better.
I support this wholeheartedly!! It looks so much better and allows me to enjoy the dragon, fam, and scene that much better.
UZIDWtE.png phryg
FR +0
they/them
linguist and language learner
sprite credit @Meese
oh my goodness this looks SO much better, 100% support!
oh my goodness this looks SO much better, 100% support!
This is my favorite mockup so far, i love how you managed to decluttered the layout while keeping (almost) all the features.

Also i agree with the people who don't want the bio/dragon info in place of the apparel spot, i feel like even if its better then what we currently have, it still takes too much attention away from the dragon+scenery.
This is my favorite mockup so far, i love how you managed to decluttered the layout while keeping (almost) all the features.

Also i agree with the people who don't want the bio/dragon info in place of the apparel spot, i feel like even if its better then what we currently have, it still takes too much attention away from the dragon+scenery.
neutralh5.png
@Oranitha YES. I was considering making my own post, but this addresses so many of my own issues! Suggestions for your current design: [b]>>[/b] Add the feed button as a slightly wider button, to indicate its importance, just to the left of the likes indicate (but not connected). I feel this adds the feature without off balancing the visual weight of the view. Alternatively, it could work well being placed to the left of the scenic and report buttons. [b]>>[/b] I do feel as if the apparel should be visible permanently. Perhaps as a more horizontal bar, living just above the dragon's bio? [u][b]Some further suggestions for consideration:[/b][/u] [b]>>[/b] [b]Leave the left blank.[/b] As someone with an attention disorder, the additional clutter makes a huge impact on my ability to view a page. I just want to see my dragon again. As English readers, our eyes hit the left of the page first- and I feel that should be on the dragon. I understand having the dragon centered, even if I personally dislike that change, as the artwork works best centered! So I feel that removing the left-end clutter helps. [b]>>[/b] [b]Remove the no familiar outline.[/b] Having no familiar equipped is a bit jarring, for similar reasons as the apparel boxes are. They're visual clutter without a cause- and some dragons may just prefer to go solo! As a view of the current setup: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Pxy1m3Q.png[/img] Clicking the box doesn't even give the option to add a familiar- it serves no use. Removing the "familiar" text and the box I feel is a perfectly good solution!
@Oranitha

YES.

I was considering making my own post, but this addresses so many of my own issues!

Suggestions for your current design:

>> Add the feed button as a slightly wider button, to indicate its importance, just to the left of the likes indicate (but not connected). I feel this adds the feature without off balancing the visual weight of the view. Alternatively, it could work well being placed to the left of the scenic and report buttons.

>> I do feel as if the apparel should be visible permanently. Perhaps as a more horizontal bar, living just above the dragon's bio?

Some further suggestions for consideration:

>> Leave the left blank. As someone with an attention disorder, the additional clutter makes a huge impact on my ability to view a page. I just want to see my dragon again. As English readers, our eyes hit the left of the page first- and I feel that should be on the dragon.

I understand having the dragon centered, even if I personally dislike that change, as the artwork works best centered! So I feel that removing the left-end clutter helps.

>> Remove the no familiar outline. Having no familiar equipped is a bit jarring, for similar reasons as the apparel boxes are. They're visual clutter without a cause- and some dragons may just prefer to go solo! As a view of the current setup:

Pxy1m3Q.png

Clicking the box doesn't even give the option to add a familiar- it serves no use. Removing the "familiar" text and the box I feel is a perfectly good solution!
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Hey there, @Gathouria! This suggestion is for the visiting view only--looks like a lot of your suggestions are geared more towards the "home" view. Melralis has a great suggestion here that you should check out.

Speaking of, I should link theirs from mine. One sec!

@Amayai Thanks for the link! <3 I do agree with your linked post that the gene/color info should get pride of place, and added a short blurb (and lengthened the original blurb) in posts 1/2 describing why my mockup can't show that off (TL;DR: unable to test colorblind-friendliness). However, I think Melralis' suggestion above has a nice look to it, in case you haven't seen that. Looks like they spliced in some ideas from Celeana's as well!
Hey there, @Gathouria! This suggestion is for the visiting view only--looks like a lot of your suggestions are geared more towards the "home" view. Melralis has a great suggestion here that you should check out.

Speaking of, I should link theirs from mine. One sec!

@Amayai Thanks for the link! <3 I do agree with your linked post that the gene/color info should get pride of place, and added a short blurb (and lengthened the original blurb) in posts 1/2 describing why my mockup can't show that off (TL;DR: unable to test colorblind-friendliness). However, I think Melralis' suggestion above has a nice look to it, in case you haven't seen that. Looks like they spliced in some ideas from Celeana's as well!
cL9yafY.gif
I like that you made the report user button much less noticable! It has no business being so big. I mean, how often do you actually report people on here?
I like that you made the report user button much less noticable! It has no business being so big. I mean, how often do you actually report people on here?
1 2 3 4 5