Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Blossom easier to aquire
1 2 3 4
@Drakel That's super sweet but I couldn't do that, the thought is extremely appreciated though. [emoji=heart size=1] I've honestly just been in a down mood lately and just got super irritated with not finding any of them today that I wanted to complain. I apologize for sounding like a brat. I hope you all are doing well.
@Drakel
That's super sweet but I couldn't do that, the thought is extremely appreciated though.

I've honestly just been in a down mood lately and just got super irritated with not finding any of them today that I wanted to complain. I apologize for sounding like a brat. I hope you all are doing well.
Support. As it stands, you don't "earn" anything with the current system. You can't work towards Blossom, just hope RNG is kind for you, or you have the money to pay others who got lucky.
Support. As it stands, you don't "earn" anything with the current system. You can't work towards Blossom, just hope RNG is kind for you, or you have the money to pay others who got lucky.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-05-23 02:16:56" ] Support. As it stands, you don't "earn" anything with the current system. You can't work towards Blossom, just hope RNG is kind for you, or you have the money to pay others who got lucky. [/quote] You can earn money to buy mums and you can earn money to buy the gene. Someone on the previous page priced it out and it's not too much more than a gem gene these days. Buying the gene is still earning it and if you don't like RNG gambles, that's the easiest way to go.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-05-23 02:16:56:

You can earn money to buy mums and you can earn money to buy the gene. Someone on the previous page priced it out and it's not too much more than a gem gene these days. Buying the gene is still earning it and if you don't like RNG gambles, that's the easiest way to go.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
I think it's important to keep them rare, tbh.

All other genes devalue really quick. That mums are hard to obtain is good.
I think it's important to keep them rare, tbh.

All other genes devalue really quick. That mums are hard to obtain is good.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I don't know guys - do you really think that only getting 5 of an item you need 20 of over the course of MONTHS is an acceptable drop rate though? Just some food for thought here:

I'm an ex-WoW addict. In the last expansion I played for, Cataclysm, they released a mount that Alchemists could make that TURNED YOU INTO A DRAGON. A friend could ride you around, too. I NEEDED IT.

You had to have enough skill in Archeology to find Canopic Jars, which had a chance to drop the recipe. At the mercy of RNG for this, it took me many hours over three weeks to find it (Remember though, I was addicted to this game and played 8+ hours a day). In between grinding Canopic Jars, I was farming materials needed for the recipe itself that I didn't even have yet - Transmute: Truegold required primal elements, which if memory served, were not super common.

Overall, a month and a half later, I could be a dragon. I *could* have just bought the recipe from someone for 100k, or bought the item for even more, but I chose to grind it out because it was a viable option. With patience, a player could basically get cool stuff for free in WoW. You just had to have the time to grind.

If I apply OP's luck to that endeavor: if I was only finding 5 Canopic jars every 2-3 months, I would have just farmed the highest selling ore and sold it to buy the dang item.

That's an abysmal drop rate. I feel like, if a player wants to, one should be able to just be self-sufficient even in a social game. WoW was super social but I flew solo for 90% of my time in game, not counting the things that required being social.

Getting materials to make an item should be doable within reason for a solo player. It can be rare without being *insane*. A happy medium CAN exist!
I don't know guys - do you really think that only getting 5 of an item you need 20 of over the course of MONTHS is an acceptable drop rate though? Just some food for thought here:

I'm an ex-WoW addict. In the last expansion I played for, Cataclysm, they released a mount that Alchemists could make that TURNED YOU INTO A DRAGON. A friend could ride you around, too. I NEEDED IT.

You had to have enough skill in Archeology to find Canopic Jars, which had a chance to drop the recipe. At the mercy of RNG for this, it took me many hours over three weeks to find it (Remember though, I was addicted to this game and played 8+ hours a day). In between grinding Canopic Jars, I was farming materials needed for the recipe itself that I didn't even have yet - Transmute: Truegold required primal elements, which if memory served, were not super common.

Overall, a month and a half later, I could be a dragon. I *could* have just bought the recipe from someone for 100k, or bought the item for even more, but I chose to grind it out because it was a viable option. With patience, a player could basically get cool stuff for free in WoW. You just had to have the time to grind.

If I apply OP's luck to that endeavor: if I was only finding 5 Canopic jars every 2-3 months, I would have just farmed the highest selling ore and sold it to buy the dang item.

That's an abysmal drop rate. I feel like, if a player wants to, one should be able to just be self-sufficient even in a social game. WoW was super social but I flew solo for 90% of my time in game, not counting the things that required being social.

Getting materials to make an item should be doable within reason for a solo player. It can be rare without being *insane*. A happy medium CAN exist!
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2020-05-23 06:15:09" ] I don't know guys - do you really think that only getting 5 of an item you need 20 of over the course of MONTHS is an acceptable drop rate though? Just some food for thought here: [snipped] Getting materials to make an item should be doable within reason for a solo player. It can be rare without being *insane*. A happy medium CAN exist! [/quote] @GrimoireBlack Nah, most multiplayer games make it explicitly clear with game modes that limit a player to self-obtained items that the game is not balanced around such play-styles. This includes large games like Runescape and Path of Exile. If players on Flight Rising self-impose a rule to only get something on their own, there is the exact same consequence of long grinds. Wouldn't be expensive if people could get it quickly. Especially that second part about getting the materials should be doable, well it is, but it'll take a long time if done solely through gathering. There is the rest of the economy to sell other things to buy Blossom or the components. If anyone can do it more easily, then eventually we get another Smirch selling for 3 gems per scroll, though admittedly a small nudge would not immediately send the price to 3 gems; that's still intervention when I'd favor non-intervention for trust in the game economy when this isn't a crisis. ----- As a rebuttal to the specific example, what was snipped, I obtained the Vial of the Sands by a combination of specific material grinding and side grinding for gold to obtain it. A solo play-style would have been an onerous grind, as you stated, but again there was the rest of the economy to engage in. Buying things from other people because they valued gold over the item is usually recommended. That is, exactly what I recommend doing for getting mums. ----- P.S. Since I chimed in when Blossom was new about thinking the price would fall, the price is higher than I thought it would be.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2020-05-23 06:15:09:

[snipped]

@GrimoireBlack

Nah, most multiplayer games make it explicitly clear with game modes that limit a player to self-obtained items that the game is not balanced around such play-styles. This includes large games like Runescape and Path of Exile. If players on Flight Rising self-impose a rule to only get something on their own, there is the exact same consequence of long grinds. Wouldn't be expensive if people could get it quickly.

Especially that second part about getting the materials should be doable, well it is, but it'll take a long time if done solely through gathering. There is the rest of the economy to sell other things to buy Blossom or the components. If anyone can do it more easily, then eventually we get another Smirch selling for 3 gems per scroll, though admittedly a small nudge would not immediately send the price to 3 gems; that's still intervention when I'd favor non-intervention for trust in the game economy when this isn't a crisis.
As a rebuttal to the specific example, what was snipped, I obtained the Vial of the Sands by a combination of specific material grinding and side grinding for gold to obtain it. A solo play-style would have been an onerous grind, as you stated, but again there was the rest of the economy to engage in. Buying things from other people because they valued gold over the item is usually recommended. That is, exactly what I recommend doing for getting mums.
P.S. Since I chimed in when Blossom was new about thinking the price would fall, the price is higher than I thought it would be.
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2020-05-23 06:15:09" ] I don't know guys - do you really think that only getting 5 of an item you need 20 of over the course of MONTHS is an acceptable drop rate though? Just some food for thought here: [/quote] Yes. When I gathered and resold mums, my average was actually a lot higher than OP. RNG is RNG - there were months where I could have gotten a blossom gene and half with how many I got.

Yes.

When I gathered and resold mums, my average was actually a lot higher than OP. RNG is RNG - there were months where I could have gotten a blossom gene and half with how many I got.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-05-23 07:52:01" ] [quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2020-05-23 06:15:09" ] I don't know guys - do you really think that only getting 5 of an item you need 20 of over the course of MONTHS is an acceptable drop rate though? Just some food for thought here: [/quote] Yes. When I gathered and resold mums, my average was actually a lot higher than OP. RNG is RNG - there were months where I could have gotten a blossom gene and half with how many I got. [/quote] To be honest, yes. FR isn't an instant gratification game, or a game meant to be played 30-60 hours during the course of a week or two and then put on a shelf. It is meant to be a game played over time. This means that things DO and SHOULD take months to acquire, and sometimes even longer. for players who don't want to wait that long, well, FR is nice in that it does have a market where you can buy and sell stuff, but the downside to that is while you aren't at the whims of RNG anymore, you are at the whims of a player driven market. FR is great because you CAN play it as a single player game. Nearly every thing is available through activities you can do on your own, without ever going to the AH to obtain, but there is a price to pay for that, and that price is time. So, the trade off is, if you want to do it yourself, it is going to take time. If you want the gene now, it is going to take money. As I said in my previous post, I think that there needs to be more items like blossom that require higher level ingredients/brews that take a longer time to obtain, because that balances out the other items that are very easily obtainable, so much so that their prices drop within a week or two of their release. (and it is good to have those items as well, but a good site needs a well rounded variety of items, not just ones that are easily obtainable, or only ones that require 24/7 on the site in order to obtain them. )
Corviknight wrote on 2020-05-23 07:52:01:

Yes.

When I gathered and resold mums, my average was actually a lot higher than OP. RNG is RNG - there were months where I could have gotten a blossom gene and half with how many I got.
To be honest, yes.

FR isn't an instant gratification game, or a game meant to be played 30-60 hours during the course of a week or two and then put on a shelf. It is meant to be a game played over time. This means that things DO and SHOULD take months to acquire, and sometimes even longer.

for players who don't want to wait that long, well, FR is nice in that it does have a market where you can buy and sell stuff, but the downside to that is while you aren't at the whims of RNG anymore, you are at the whims of a player driven market.

FR is great because you CAN play it as a single player game. Nearly every thing is available through activities you can do on your own, without ever going to the AH to obtain, but there is a price to pay for that, and that price is time. So, the trade off is, if you want to do it yourself, it is going to take time. If you want the gene now, it is going to take money.

As I said in my previous post, I think that there needs to be more items like blossom that require higher level ingredients/brews that take a longer time to obtain, because that balances out the other items that are very easily obtainable, so much so that their prices drop within a week or two of their release. (and it is good to have those items as well, but a good site needs a well rounded variety of items, not just ones that are easily obtainable, or only ones that require 24/7 on the site in order to obtain them. )

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I like some genes (and items) being hard to obtain :( besides for retired/cycled items I can't think of many that aren't easily obtainable. For me, items that takes a while to obtain are exciting.. for people who are impatient, they get the other 99.5% of items :'D

I think part of the disconnect comes from blossom being the only gene that's hard to get. There are very few genes in the middle ground with most of them being easy to obtain. I think adding more hard genes would make blossom's existance less taboo
I like some genes (and items) being hard to obtain :( besides for retired/cycled items I can't think of many that aren't easily obtainable. For me, items that takes a while to obtain are exciting.. for people who are impatient, they get the other 99.5% of items :'D

I think part of the disconnect comes from blossom being the only gene that's hard to get. There are very few genes in the middle ground with most of them being easy to obtain. I think adding more hard genes would make blossom's existance less taboo
[quote name="Lino" date="2020-05-23 08:39:36" ] besides for retired/cycled items I can't think of many that aren't easily obtainable. [/quote] My dragonflies still sell for a lot, so I'd say the darners are still up there in hard-to-get items. Golem Workshop Bosses, and some desirable coli-exclusive apparel - Weathered Tail Tatters are still 100 gems Aside from that, yeah, we're absolutely lacking in desirable, rare items.
Lino wrote on 2020-05-23 08:39:36:
besides for retired/cycled items I can't think of many that aren't easily obtainable.

My dragonflies still sell for a lot, so I'd say the darners are still up there in hard-to-get items. Golem Workshop Bosses, and some desirable coli-exclusive apparel - Weathered Tail Tatters are still 100 gems

Aside from that, yeah, we're absolutely lacking in desirable, rare items.
1 2 3 4