Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Blossom easier to aquire
1 2 3 4
I'm super confused why you think that me saying 5 mums over 2-3 months is too low somehow means I want instant gratification? I didn't say "you should be able to get all 20 in one turn!!!!". I just said that is an INSANELY low drop rate. Even increasing it by .001 would be an improvement, lol. Now if it had that low a rate but was a Coli drop, it would at least be kinda fun to grind for and you wouldn't be limited to 15 tries a day, but if you hate the Coli that would probably be worse lol

To be clear, I don't care about the Gene. I don't farm for it.
I'm super confused why you think that me saying 5 mums over 2-3 months is too low somehow means I want instant gratification? I didn't say "you should be able to get all 20 in one turn!!!!". I just said that is an INSANELY low drop rate. Even increasing it by .001 would be an improvement, lol. Now if it had that low a rate but was a Coli drop, it would at least be kinda fun to grind for and you wouldn't be limited to 15 tries a day, but if you hate the Coli that would probably be worse lol

To be clear, I don't care about the Gene. I don't farm for it.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
Because 5 mums over 2-3 months is small sample size, from one individual, and not the rate everybody gets them.

If I get no egg from scavenging over 2 months, does that mean the rate is too low, even though I might be an outlier and the average egg drop for that period is closer to 2.4?

We shouldn't change the way the site works because one user has subpar RNG.
Because 5 mums over 2-3 months is small sample size, from one individual, and not the rate everybody gets them.

If I get no egg from scavenging over 2 months, does that mean the rate is too low, even though I might be an outlier and the average egg drop for that period is closer to 2.4?

We shouldn't change the way the site works because one user has subpar RNG.
@GrimoireBlack

Every player on this site has, at minimum, 15 tries per day to get a Mum to drop. Just using the "players online" as a hypothetical playing population (since I don't know what the number of active users is but it's probably more than that), that's about 43k rolls on the dice. The drop rate is low so that the aggregate amount of Mums available remains low. If the droprate was raised even 1%, the price of Mums would crater and no individual player would be meaningfully better off in terms of personal gathering terms. (I'm not saying that every person on the site is doing nothing but gathering for plants, just putting out the worst case scenario).

For rare items, you pay in time or you pay in cash. If Mums are trading at 70g, that's one day of maxing out Fairgrounds per mum. Let the people who don't want Blossom make some money off of their lucky drops.
@GrimoireBlack

Every player on this site has, at minimum, 15 tries per day to get a Mum to drop. Just using the "players online" as a hypothetical playing population (since I don't know what the number of active users is but it's probably more than that), that's about 43k rolls on the dice. The drop rate is low so that the aggregate amount of Mums available remains low. If the droprate was raised even 1%, the price of Mums would crater and no individual player would be meaningfully better off in terms of personal gathering terms. (I'm not saying that every person on the site is doing nothing but gathering for plants, just putting out the worst case scenario).

For rare items, you pay in time or you pay in cash. If Mums are trading at 70g, that's one day of maxing out Fairgrounds per mum. Let the people who don't want Blossom make some money off of their lucky drops.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
Support for gathering update. No support for changing Blossom specifically - if there's a problem, then it should be addressed at the source instead of trying to hand-pick certain favorite things to fix. Blossom is neither the first nor the last thing that's hard to gather for a single person.
Support for gathering update. No support for changing Blossom specifically - if there's a problem, then it should be addressed at the source instead of trying to hand-pick certain favorite things to fix. Blossom is neither the first nor the last thing that's hard to gather for a single person.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I would love to see gathering updated, and I think that would be a much more stable solution than adjusting a single gene trade
I would love to see gathering updated, and I think that would be a much more stable solution than adjusting a single gene trade
wq9PoXA.png
I was being civil and friendly in my original comment. I was not trying to make anyone angry, but there are some ridiculous assumptions being made about what I said, lol.

To clarify and repeat myself:

1. I did not say to make them common items. Just that perhaps they are too uncommon if people are spending months trying to get them.

2. I did not say to increase the drop rate by 1%. I said .001%, I was being lighthearted, and I was pulling a number out of thin air anyway.

3. I never ever said anything needed to change, I was participating in the discussion about the drop rate in what I felt was a polite and friendly manner. I know text doesn't get across tone perfectly all the time but I do not appreciate that I was dogpiled over stuff I literally did not say.

I am sorry that I must not have articulated well enough, or maybe I didn't use enough friendly language, but I was absolutely not being rude at all.
I was being civil and friendly in my original comment. I was not trying to make anyone angry, but there are some ridiculous assumptions being made about what I said, lol.

To clarify and repeat myself:

1. I did not say to make them common items. Just that perhaps they are too uncommon if people are spending months trying to get them.

2. I did not say to increase the drop rate by 1%. I said .001%, I was being lighthearted, and I was pulling a number out of thin air anyway.

3. I never ever said anything needed to change, I was participating in the discussion about the drop rate in what I felt was a polite and friendly manner. I know text doesn't get across tone perfectly all the time but I do not appreciate that I was dogpiled over stuff I literally did not say.

I am sorry that I must not have articulated well enough, or maybe I didn't use enough friendly language, but I was absolutely not being rude at all.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2020-05-23 12:39:36" ] Support for gathering update. No support for changing Blossom specifically - if there's a problem, then it should be addressed at the source instead of trying to hand-pick certain favorite things to fix. Blossom is neither the first nor the last thing that's hard to gather for a single person. [/quote] I would also support a gathering update, but I still don't support making anything currently 'rare' less rare (or easier to obtain) if it is meant to be rare.
RedWillia wrote on 2020-05-23 12:39:36:
I would also support a gathering update, but I still don't support making anything currently 'rare' less rare (or easier to obtain) if it is meant to be rare.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[center][quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-05-23 08:48:54" ] [quote name="Lino" date="2020-05-23 08:39:36" ] besides for retired/cycled items I can't think of many that aren't easily obtainable. [/quote] My dragonflies still sell for a lot, so I'd say the darners are still up there in hard-to-get items. Golem Workshop Bosses, and some desirable coli-exclusive apparel - Weathered Tail Tatters are still 100 gems Aside from that, yeah, we're absolutely lacking in desirable, rare items. [/quote] I would /love/ more rare stuff. Festivals are boring to me now because barely anything's going to be "rare" later on.[/center]
Corviknight wrote on 2020-05-23 08:48:54:
Lino wrote on 2020-05-23 08:39:36:
besides for retired/cycled items I can't think of many that aren't easily obtainable.

My dragonflies still sell for a lot, so I'd say the darners are still up there in hard-to-get items. Golem Workshop Bosses, and some desirable coli-exclusive apparel - Weathered Tail Tatters are still 100 gems

Aside from that, yeah, we're absolutely lacking in desirable, rare items.

I would /love/ more rare stuff.
Festivals are boring to me now because barely anything's going to be "rare" later on.
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-23 14:08:46" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2020-05-23 12:39:36" ] Support for gathering update. No support for changing Blossom specifically - if there's a problem, then it should be addressed at the source instead of trying to hand-pick certain favorite things to fix. Blossom is neither the first nor the last thing that's hard to gather for a single person. [/quote] I would also support a gathering update, but I still don't support making anything currently 'rare' less rare (or easier to obtain) if it is meant to be rare. [/quote] This. A gathering update is needed and I'm sure they have one planned, but no support for making rare items any less rare. It's more the item pools and leveling that needs rethought.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-05-23 14:08:46:
RedWillia wrote on 2020-05-23 12:39:36:
I would also support a gathering update, but I still don't support making anything currently 'rare' less rare (or easier to obtain) if it is meant to be rare.
This. A gathering update is needed and I'm sure they have one planned, but no support for making rare items any less rare. It's more the item pools and leveling that needs rethought.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
I think a gathering updated is a hard thing for the developers to introduce - because I'm not sure how you could do it without it having a major effect on the economy.

Right now it sucks that some players can spend 2.5 years getting to level 40 in all the gathering activities and have less chance of dropping some valuable items (like eggs) than someone at level 1. However, if you gave the level 40 players a greater chance of dropping eggs then you'd need to reduce the chance of a level 1 player dropping an egg, or it would affect the price of eggs, and subsequently the price of G1 dragons.

Right now, being a high level gatherer allows you to acquire RARE items like mums and dragonflies. If you make it easier to acquire those things so that they lose value, then it wipes out the only advantage there is in being a high level gatherer.
I think that possibly the reason blossom and epiptites were introduced was to somehow give that advantage to high level gatherers - because prior to that there was virtually no advantage at all in being a high level gatherer.
I think a gathering updated is a hard thing for the developers to introduce - because I'm not sure how you could do it without it having a major effect on the economy.

Right now it sucks that some players can spend 2.5 years getting to level 40 in all the gathering activities and have less chance of dropping some valuable items (like eggs) than someone at level 1. However, if you gave the level 40 players a greater chance of dropping eggs then you'd need to reduce the chance of a level 1 player dropping an egg, or it would affect the price of eggs, and subsequently the price of G1 dragons.

Right now, being a high level gatherer allows you to acquire RARE items like mums and dragonflies. If you make it easier to acquire those things so that they lose value, then it wipes out the only advantage there is in being a high level gatherer.
I think that possibly the reason blossom and epiptites were introduced was to somehow give that advantage to high level gatherers - because prior to that there was virtually no advantage at all in being a high level gatherer.
1 2 3 4