Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gene That Replicates Ikran/Turok Pattern
1 2 3 4
That is a very varied pattern. That orange one looks nothing like the teal one. The blue one has some things in common with the teal, but genes have to be uniform.
That is a very varied pattern. That orange one looks nothing like the teal one. The blue one has some things in common with the teal, but genes have to be uniform.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@Ridara that is why I said the gene is inspired the by the pattern and does not need to be exactly the same. It's not going to be an exact copy/paste of these images.
@Ridara that is why I said the gene is inspired the by the pattern and does not need to be exactly the same. It's not going to be an exact copy/paste of these images.
I'd make sure you add it to the sticky too since the artists look through those and single threads can get lost on the forum.

Neutral on this, they look like existing genes but they could probably figure out some way to do it better, might be useful if you could put into words what you like about these patterns and what you'd want them to do with colors.
I'd make sure you add it to the sticky too since the artists look through those and single threads can get lost on the forum.

Neutral on this, they look like existing genes but they could probably figure out some way to do it better, might be useful if you could put into words what you like about these patterns and what you'd want them to do with colors.
This is a nice idea and I support it. Whenever the wonderful artists can get around to it, I'd love to struggle to get it haha
This is a nice idea and I support it. Whenever the wonderful artists can get around to it, I'd love to struggle to get it haha
60eldD0.gif mlHpBMC.png
rix3ppo.png
R1dejfm.png
ypcKWM0.png
qhK4FYS.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_inline_pafumaKs2Z1r16a5d_540.pngSapling-Speaker.png
cLyqlLC.png
I cannot express my support enough for this. I think our dragons really need more complex but natural-looking genes. I've had enough of fantasy genes that make barely any sense biologically, I want some cool fish or reptile (or alien) patterns! Big support
I cannot express my support enough for this. I think our dragons really need more complex but natural-looking genes. I've had enough of fantasy genes that make barely any sense biologically, I want some cool fish or reptile (or alien) patterns! Big support
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I like the concept, @neonhorns. This makes it look less like a stripes/spots pattern and more like a flowing... marking? If that makes sense. It breaks parts of the lineart appealingly, where other genes stop at the edges, and completes areas that some genes leave awkwardly blank.
I like the concept, @neonhorns. This makes it look less like a stripes/spots pattern and more like a flowing... marking? If that makes sense. It breaks parts of the lineart appealingly, where other genes stop at the edges, and completes areas that some genes leave awkwardly blank.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
@neonhorns Love the mock up! I enjoy the pattern breaking over the side of the chest like that, really neat look!

Support because tbh can never have enough genes that add different colours to the primary/secondary. Maybe names like Stalker/Predator though? I like Banshee but it doesnt seem to quite match the genes enough to justify being that close to the names from the movie!
@neonhorns Love the mock up! I enjoy the pattern breaking over the side of the chest like that, really neat look!

Support because tbh can never have enough genes that add different colours to the primary/secondary. Maybe names like Stalker/Predator though? I like Banshee but it doesnt seem to quite match the genes enough to justify being that close to the names from the movie!
They/them |-+-| FR+0
My accent hunt thread

LF Marigold/Moss/Oilslick
Earthdragon!
tumblr_ofmwk0DOBt1u3wsjco2_250.png
I love that mock up and loved the movie Avatar, so I would definitely adore genes similar or based upon Banshee/Ikran.
I love that mock up and loved the movie Avatar, so I would definitely adore genes similar or based upon Banshee/Ikran.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
[quote name="@hydde" date="2019-07-22 04:00:29" ] [font=georgia]Support! I've made a quick mockup of how this gene might look like. I'd definitely use something like this! I'd definitely prefer natural-ish looking genes that are creative and are using extra accent colors over stuff like Breakup/Mosaic that just looks fake or Tiger which is boring to look at. So yeah, here's a sketch and Poi/Nox in comparison: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/P16vQ9x/dragon.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=104&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=2&auth=d3ec082d0dadb9f624a168bfcfa93dd02ca19bc2&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [font=georgia]Maybe it can be called Tribal/Vicarious or Banshee/Predator (I have no idea, I'm terrible at names). [/quote] This looks epic! Its Savannah/Jupiter, Safari/Saturn but its also neither of these things - its its OWN THING! It would make great Flight reps depending on colors. Its not eyeburner but its not boring either. Predator/Stalker seem pretty appropriate names as the pattern would provide adequate camouflage against similar colored backgrounds, think forest, snow, water, fire etc
@hydde wrote on 2019-07-22 04:00:29:
Support! I've made a quick mockup of how this gene might look like. I'd definitely use something like this! I'd definitely prefer natural-ish looking genes that are creative and are using extra accent colors over stuff like Breakup/Mosaic that just looks fake or Tiger which is boring to look at.

So yeah, here's a sketch and Poi/Nox in comparison:

dragon.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=4&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=104&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=2&auth=d3ec082d0dadb9f624a168bfcfa93dd02ca19bc2&dummyext=prev.png

Maybe it can be called Tribal/Vicarious or Banshee/Predator (I have no idea, I'm terrible at names).

This looks epic!

Its Savannah/Jupiter, Safari/Saturn but its also neither of these things - its its OWN THING!

It would make great Flight reps depending on colors. Its not eyeburner but its not boring either.

Predator/Stalker seem pretty appropriate names as the pattern would provide adequate camouflage against similar colored backgrounds, think forest, snow, water, fire etc
qDkA25S.png
100% support, I really don't see how it looks like poison/toxin and lionfish/noxtide. Its like comparing Tiger to Lionfish, they are similar, but different.
But yeah, more genes that have a natural feel to them.
100% support, I really don't see how it looks like poison/toxin and lionfish/noxtide. Its like comparing Tiger to Lionfish, they are similar, but different.
But yeah, more genes that have a natural feel to them.
Wy0IOy1.png
1 2 3 4