Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Achievement
1 2 3
I keep hearing talk of an achievement re-vamp. I suggest an achievement for owning a fire primal dragon, named "Eyeburner"
I keep hearing talk of an achievement re-vamp. I suggest an achievement for owning a fire primal dragon, named "Eyeburner"
3nB4rFV.png
9PCHmr6.png.....hdED1pW.png
My wishlist
No support for any primal eye achievements unless they make it possible to work for them. Achievements should be just that - Things that you achieve through your own perseverance. Not something that RNG just hands to you. (Or neglects to hand to you as the case may be.)

(Yes, I understand that generous people would probably loan out primals the same way they loan out chess sets and dolls. Dragon lending is still an unsupported transaction.)
No support for any primal eye achievements unless they make it possible to work for them. Achievements should be just that - Things that you achieve through your own perseverance. Not something that RNG just hands to you. (Or neglects to hand to you as the case may be.)

(Yes, I understand that generous people would probably loan out primals the same way they loan out chess sets and dolls. Dragon lending is still an unsupported transaction.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2019-02-26 11:45:00" ] No support for any primal eye achievements unless they make it possible to work for them. Achievements should be just that - Things that you achieve through your own perseverance. Not something that RNG just hands to you. (Or neglects to hand to you as the case may be.) (Yes, I understand that generous people would probably loan out primals the same way they loan out chess sets and dolls. Dragon lending is still an unsupported transaction.) [/quote] The other thing is that while item lending is also unsupported, as far as I know, a player CAN work towards the chess and doll achievements by gathering in a certain discipline in a certain flight.
Ridara wrote on 2019-02-26 11:45:00:

The other thing is that while item lending is also unsupported, as far as I know, a player CAN work towards the chess and doll achievements by gathering in a certain discipline in a certain flight.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
So you don't support RNG achievements, like the 5-egg achievement that is currently in place? A lot of them are RNG in some way or another. All of them have a component where you work on but ultimately it is up to fate. The shock-switch one, the only fairgrounds achievement. You can play a lot of games but it's up to RNG to give you the set-up for 3 in a row. You can do lots of gathering and coli but RNG decides when to drop the dolls and chess sets and runestones and unhatched elemental eggs. Some of them like reaching a certain gathering level, having a lair so big, earning so much treasure are all "work towards" achievements. But there are a lot of RNG achievements too. You don't support any of those ones? Because I see you have earned quite a few of them yourself.

There are ways around the RNG achievements. People lend them or you can outright buy them off the auction house. You can use scattersights on dragons. Expensive, yes, but lots of users do it anyways to get the ideal eye type for their project. I see no difference in the eye type achievements and the other RNG ones, like that drop in coli or gathering
So you don't support RNG achievements, like the 5-egg achievement that is currently in place? A lot of them are RNG in some way or another. All of them have a component where you work on but ultimately it is up to fate. The shock-switch one, the only fairgrounds achievement. You can play a lot of games but it's up to RNG to give you the set-up for 3 in a row. You can do lots of gathering and coli but RNG decides when to drop the dolls and chess sets and runestones and unhatched elemental eggs. Some of them like reaching a certain gathering level, having a lair so big, earning so much treasure are all "work towards" achievements. But there are a lot of RNG achievements too. You don't support any of those ones? Because I see you have earned quite a few of them yourself.

There are ways around the RNG achievements. People lend them or you can outright buy them off the auction house. You can use scattersights on dragons. Expensive, yes, but lots of users do it anyways to get the ideal eye type for their project. I see no difference in the eye type achievements and the other RNG ones, like that drop in coli or gathering
3nB4rFV.png
My wishlist
@Vinnamah As a heads-up, you have a 10x greater chance of getting a 5-egg nest than Primal eyes. (5% chance of 5 eggs, 0.5% chance of primal eyes.) That's 1 in 20 nests. If you have all your nests unlocked and filled with dragons of different breeds, that's an average of 1 nest a month.

There aren't accurate statistics out there for egg drops and runestone drops, but you can get those by grinding the Coli. (Something you can actually choose to dedicate more time to.) Dolls and chess pieces are hilariously common.

Shock switch, you can totally set yourself up for a 3-switch chain. A small amount of RNG is involved, and you do run the risk of letting the stack fill while you set it up. But like any match-3 game, it actually is more about quick thinking than luck. (I should know, I've played an unhealthy number of them. XD)
@Vinnamah As a heads-up, you have a 10x greater chance of getting a 5-egg nest than Primal eyes. (5% chance of 5 eggs, 0.5% chance of primal eyes.) That's 1 in 20 nests. If you have all your nests unlocked and filled with dragons of different breeds, that's an average of 1 nest a month.

There aren't accurate statistics out there for egg drops and runestone drops, but you can get those by grinding the Coli. (Something you can actually choose to dedicate more time to.) Dolls and chess pieces are hilariously common.

Shock switch, you can totally set yourself up for a 3-switch chain. A small amount of RNG is involved, and you do run the risk of letting the stack fill while you set it up. But like any match-3 game, it actually is more about quick thinking than luck. (I should know, I've played an unhealthy number of them. XD)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Vinnamah" date="2019-02-26 11:51:37" ] So you don't support RNG achievements, like the 5-egg achievement that is currently in place? A lot of them are RNG in some way or another. All of them have a component where you work on but ultimately it is up to fate. The shock-switch one, the only fairgrounds achievement. You can play a lot of games but it's up to RNG to give you the set-up for 3 in a row. You can do lots of gathering and coli but RNG decides when to drop the dolls and chess sets and runestones and unhatched elemental eggs. Some of them like reaching a certain gathering level, having a lair so big, earning so much treasure are all "work towards" achievements. But there are a lot of RNG achievements too. You don't support any of those ones? Because I see you have earned quite a few of them yourself. There are ways around the RNG achievements. People lend them or you can outright buy them off the auction house. You can use scattersights on dragons. Expensive, yes, but lots of users do it anyways to get the ideal eye type for their project. I see no difference in the eye type achievements and the other RNG ones, like that drop in coli or gathering [/quote] The difference is that in the coliseum, you can choose to fight in a specific place to maximize your chances of obtaining that achievement, or there are specific venues you can fight in. I would prefer that they remove the egg achievement rather than adding more completely RNG achievements. There is a vast difference between slight RNG involvement, which is what the gathering achievements and coliseum achievements tend to have, and complete RNG whim, which is what the egg achievement is and the eye variants are. Scattersights are not a viable alternative, in my opinion, because they are retired, meaning limited in stock, and are geared towards giving users uncommon eyes, so they are still almost completely RNG. (in a way they are worse than RNG because they are weighted against giving the rarer eye variants)
Vinnamah wrote on 2019-02-26 11:51:37:

The difference is that in the coliseum, you can choose to fight in a specific place to maximize your chances of obtaining that achievement, or there are specific venues you can fight in.

I would prefer that they remove the egg achievement rather than adding more completely RNG achievements.

There is a vast difference between slight RNG involvement, which is what the gathering achievements and coliseum achievements tend to have, and complete RNG whim, which is what the egg achievement is and the eye variants are.

Scattersights are not a viable alternative, in my opinion, because they are retired, meaning limited in stock, and are geared towards giving users uncommon eyes, so they are still almost completely RNG. (in a way they are worse than RNG because they are weighted against giving the rarer eye variants)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Ridara" date="2019-02-26 11:45:00" ] No support for any primal eye achievements unless they make it possible to work for them.[/quote] My [i]point[/i] that you seemed to have missed is all of those still have RNG involved in some way or another. You said no support for RNG achievements.The dolls, chess pieces, runestones, eggs, and 5-egg nest all have some RNG. Regardless of the odds. You bringing up how common a 5-egg nest is does not make it any less up to RNG. So, are you against RNG achievements altogether, or just ones you think would be hard because of lower odds like a primal? All of these examples have [i]some[/i] RNG, not 100%, as there are ways to work on them. But you can work towards a primal just as much as the 5-egg achievement. Buy all the nests and breed a bunch of dragons until you get one. And there would be ways to get around it, through lending or buying off the AH or with scattersights. Just like there are ways around most of the other achievements mentioned. To revise my suggestion to make it more fair, there should be an achievement for a primal in every flight, so not to drive up the prices and value of one flight's primal over another. Like they have done with the dolls and runestones and unhatched eggs. But the fire primal achievement should be named "Eyeburner"
Ridara wrote on 2019-02-26 11:45:00:
No support for any primal eye achievements unless they make it possible to work for them.

My point that you seemed to have missed is all of those still have RNG involved in some way or another. You said no support for RNG achievements.The dolls, chess pieces, runestones, eggs, and 5-egg nest all have some RNG. Regardless of the odds. You bringing up how common a 5-egg nest is does not make it any less up to RNG. So, are you against RNG achievements altogether, or just ones you think would be hard because of lower odds like a primal?

All of these examples have some RNG, not 100%, as there are ways to work on them. But you can work towards a primal just as much as the 5-egg achievement. Buy all the nests and breed a bunch of dragons until you get one. And there would be ways to get around it, through lending or buying off the AH or with scattersights. Just like there are ways around most of the other achievements mentioned.

To revise my suggestion to make it more fair, there should be an achievement for a primal in every flight, so not to drive up the prices and value of one flight's primal over another. Like they have done with the dolls and runestones and unhatched eggs. But the fire primal achievement should be named "Eyeburner"
3nB4rFV.png
My wishlist
@Vinnamah ... Someone's getting a bit huffy. First off, let me state my usual reminder. Criticism of a suggestion is not criticism of a person. There's no need to get upset over it. ^_^ We can be chill and talk.

I take issue with the idea that RNG is an all-or-nothing type of deal. Signing up for a 1-in-20 chance of something is not the same as signing up for a 1-in-200. Unfortunately, I don't have any rigged slot machines on my person, or else I'd illustrate it in a simpler way. XD For some people, I know that cold, unfeeling numbers don't speak as loudly as practical examples. Reaching out to the group for help here.
@Vinnamah ... Someone's getting a bit huffy. First off, let me state my usual reminder. Criticism of a suggestion is not criticism of a person. There's no need to get upset over it. ^_^ We can be chill and talk.

I take issue with the idea that RNG is an all-or-nothing type of deal. Signing up for a 1-in-20 chance of something is not the same as signing up for a 1-in-200. Unfortunately, I don't have any rigged slot machines on my person, or else I'd illustrate it in a simpler way. XD For some people, I know that cold, unfeeling numbers don't speak as loudly as practical examples. Reaching out to the group for help here.
My issue with this as a an achievement is that you either have to outright buy/trade the primal, or use an unsupported function - nest lending. I don't really like the idea of the only non-throwing-money-at-it method being an explicit 'do this at your own risk' thing.

If it does end up happening though, I hope they use this name!
My issue with this as a an achievement is that you either have to outright buy/trade the primal, or use an unsupported function - nest lending. I don't really like the idea of the only non-throwing-money-at-it method being an explicit 'do this at your own risk' thing.

If it does end up happening though, I hope they use this name!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Ridara

You are mistaken, I am not getting huffy, nor do i take your criticism as a personal insult. I would appreciate it if you did not assume things about me and call me huffy, as I do find that offensive. All I was saying is that you did not seem to get my point, and the way you worded it sounded like "RNG achievements are bad and I don't support them unless there's low easy odds"

Achievements are completely optional, no one is forced to go achievement hunting or "signing up" for anything they don't want to. For those that do, in my opinion there needs to be a variety in type and difficulty. It's no fun if they are all super easy and fast. Having a few that have low odds are okay. It makes the achievement more valuable, and people feel more proud for having accomplished it.

You want a practical example? Have you played pokemon? I am going to talk about shiny breeding here. If you have, great you don't need my explanation. For those who have not, here's how it works. There is about a 1/4096 chance of encountering a pokemon with an alternate coloration, called a shiny pokemon. The difference is purely cosmetic. Because they are so rare, people hunt for them. There are a few ways to increase your odds, working to get the shiny charm that makes your odds 3/4096 (roughly 1/1365). If you shiny breed, there is a trick called the Masuda method where you have 2 pokemon from different countries breed and that doubles your chance of hatching a shiny. So, with the shiny charm and Masuda method, your odds of hatching a shiny are roughly 1/512. (Which is still much lower than a primal)

The shiny charm and the Masuda method both have ways to speed up the process. Like maxing out the nests and breeding common breeds with shorter cooldowns. After that, it's up to RNG. Yes, it can be tedious and take a long time and be frustrating. But no one is forcing you to get the achievement, just like no one id forcing you to shiny-breed in pokemon. Yet thousands of people still choose to shiny-breed, just like lots of players choose to achievement-hunt. Why? Because it looks cool, because of bragging rights, because they feel proud of working hard to accomplish something and have something cool to show for it. If someone doesn't want to do it, they don't have to! It is purely optional.

There is a fan-made pokemon game I played where they boosted the shiny chances (without Masuda method or shiny charm even factored in yet) to 3%. Shiny pokemon in that game were everywhere. That de-valued them. People felt less proud of finding one because they were so common and easy to find.
@Ridara

You are mistaken, I am not getting huffy, nor do i take your criticism as a personal insult. I would appreciate it if you did not assume things about me and call me huffy, as I do find that offensive. All I was saying is that you did not seem to get my point, and the way you worded it sounded like "RNG achievements are bad and I don't support them unless there's low easy odds"

Achievements are completely optional, no one is forced to go achievement hunting or "signing up" for anything they don't want to. For those that do, in my opinion there needs to be a variety in type and difficulty. It's no fun if they are all super easy and fast. Having a few that have low odds are okay. It makes the achievement more valuable, and people feel more proud for having accomplished it.

You want a practical example? Have you played pokemon? I am going to talk about shiny breeding here. If you have, great you don't need my explanation. For those who have not, here's how it works. There is about a 1/4096 chance of encountering a pokemon with an alternate coloration, called a shiny pokemon. The difference is purely cosmetic. Because they are so rare, people hunt for them. There are a few ways to increase your odds, working to get the shiny charm that makes your odds 3/4096 (roughly 1/1365). If you shiny breed, there is a trick called the Masuda method where you have 2 pokemon from different countries breed and that doubles your chance of hatching a shiny. So, with the shiny charm and Masuda method, your odds of hatching a shiny are roughly 1/512. (Which is still much lower than a primal)

The shiny charm and the Masuda method both have ways to speed up the process. Like maxing out the nests and breeding common breeds with shorter cooldowns. After that, it's up to RNG. Yes, it can be tedious and take a long time and be frustrating. But no one is forcing you to get the achievement, just like no one id forcing you to shiny-breed in pokemon. Yet thousands of people still choose to shiny-breed, just like lots of players choose to achievement-hunt. Why? Because it looks cool, because of bragging rights, because they feel proud of working hard to accomplish something and have something cool to show for it. If someone doesn't want to do it, they don't have to! It is purely optional.

There is a fan-made pokemon game I played where they boosted the shiny chances (without Masuda method or shiny charm even factored in yet) to 3%. Shiny pokemon in that game were everywhere. That de-valued them. People felt less proud of finding one because they were so common and easy to find.
3nB4rFV.png
My wishlist
1 2 3