Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Achievement
1 2 3
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2019-02-26 12:42:52" ] My issue with this as a an achievement is that you either have to outright buy/trade the primal, or use an unsupported function - nest lending. I don't really like the idea of the only non-throwing-money-at-it method being an explicit 'do this at your own risk' thing. [/quote] I think that's the key difference between current and the suggested achievement - for current, defunct as they are, you can use your skills or planning to get them. However, the suggested achievements for all primals would mean that you would have to buy 10 of them or use site-unsupported nest lending function to get them for "free" or plan a 5 year trip to get them. So the most likely option is to buy them and a "spend 100kt (for example) to get these achievements" don't feel like an achievement for primals. It feels like an achievement for managing to make 100kt and a similar achievement already exists. If it comes with a future update to somehow change nests, then I personally think that 0.5% chance for a primal would make this achievement far too dependent on good RNG, however, slightly more acceptable.
Vendrus wrote on 2019-02-26 12:42:52:
My issue with this as a an achievement is that you either have to outright buy/trade the primal, or use an unsupported function - nest lending. I don't really like the idea of the only non-throwing-money-at-it method being an explicit 'do this at your own risk' thing.

I think that's the key difference between current and the suggested achievement - for current, defunct as they are, you can use your skills or planning to get them. However, the suggested achievements for all primals would mean that you would have to buy 10 of them or use site-unsupported nest lending function to get them for "free" or plan a 5 year trip to get them. So the most likely option is to buy them and a "spend 100kt (for example) to get these achievements" don't feel like an achievement for primals. It feels like an achievement for managing to make 100kt and a similar achievement already exists.

If it comes with a future update to somehow change nests, then I personally think that 0.5% chance for a primal would make this achievement far too dependent on good RNG, however, slightly more acceptable.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-02-26 13:08:20" ] [quote name="Vendrus" date="2019-02-26 12:42:52" ] My issue with this as a an achievement is that you either have to outright buy/trade the primal, or use an unsupported function - nest lending. I don't really like the idea of the only non-throwing-money-at-it method being an explicit 'do this at your own risk' thing. [/quote] I think that's the key difference between current and the suggested achievement - for current, defunct as they are, you can use your skills or planning to get them. However, the suggested achievements for all primals would mean that you would have to buy 10 of them or use site-unsupported nest lending function to get them for "free" or plan a 5 year trip to get them. So the most likely option is to buy them and a "spend 100kt (for example) to get these achievements" don't feel like an achievement for primals. It feels like an achievement for managing to make 100kt and a similar achievement already exists. If it comes with a future update to somehow change nests, then I personally think that 0.5% chance for a primal would make this achievement far too dependent on good RNG, however, slightly more acceptable. [/quote] This particular point escaped me completely. If it were one for each of the primals, then that would be a definite no support.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-02-26 13:08:20:
Vendrus wrote on 2019-02-26 12:42:52:
My issue with this as a an achievement is that you either have to outright buy/trade the primal, or use an unsupported function - nest lending. I don't really like the idea of the only non-throwing-money-at-it method being an explicit 'do this at your own risk' thing.

I think that's the key difference between current and the suggested achievement - for current, defunct as they are, you can use your skills or planning to get them. However, the suggested achievements for all primals would mean that you would have to buy 10 of them or use site-unsupported nest lending function to get them for "free" or plan a 5 year trip to get them. So the most likely option is to buy them and a "spend 100kt (for example) to get these achievements" don't feel like an achievement for primals. It feels like an achievement for managing to make 100kt and a similar achievement already exists.

If it comes with a future update to somehow change nests, then I personally think that 0.5% chance for a primal would make this achievement far too dependent on good RNG, however, slightly more acceptable.
This particular point escaped me completely. If it were one for each of the primals, then that would be a definite no support.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Hi, not all of us are in Fire so.....

Every other achievement I can get by myself without interacting with any other users. To get a fire primal I must buy from another user. No support.

Edit: Even if it was just to get any primal hatchling, I'd also not support. There is a such thing as too much RNG. All the other breeding achievements I can basically guarantee, or increase my chances, and get if finished quickly. This one would require a LOT more breeding than I want to do personally.
Hi, not all of us are in Fire so.....

Every other achievement I can get by myself without interacting with any other users. To get a fire primal I must buy from another user. No support.

Edit: Even if it was just to get any primal hatchling, I'd also not support. There is a such thing as too much RNG. All the other breeding achievements I can basically guarantee, or increase my chances, and get if finished quickly. This one would require a LOT more breeding than I want to do personally.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I'd support an achievement for hatching a primal (either from an egg or nest), but not one for each individual flight. Just a general "Wow you where either real lucky or just hatch a lot" achievement.

I agree that it sucks that it's pretty much all RNG, but you do have a way to make it easier to achieve - breed lots and lots of fodder. Yes it's a lot harder than the 5 egg nest, an achievement you only have a tiny way of influencing, but I do think that aside from the level 40 gathering skills, we don't realy have any longer-term achievements to work towards.

I'd also support sister achievements for faceted and Multi-gaze

It'd
I'd support an achievement for hatching a primal (either from an egg or nest), but not one for each individual flight. Just a general "Wow you where either real lucky or just hatch a lot" achievement.

I agree that it sucks that it's pretty much all RNG, but you do have a way to make it easier to achieve - breed lots and lots of fodder. Yes it's a lot harder than the 5 egg nest, an achievement you only have a tiny way of influencing, but I do think that aside from the level 40 gathering skills, we don't realy have any longer-term achievements to work towards.

I'd also support sister achievements for faceted and Multi-gaze

It'd
Not everyone is in fire flight - this achievement would be extremely annoying to get to people not in fire flight, yo.

Also, people would hop in fire flight just for the achievement, giving them a bunch of freeloaders only here for the cheevo, people with no interest in contributing to the flight. And, being burdened with freeloaders would be terrible for any flight.
Not everyone is in fire flight - this achievement would be extremely annoying to get to people not in fire flight, yo.

Also, people would hop in fire flight just for the achievement, giving them a bunch of freeloaders only here for the cheevo, people with no interest in contributing to the flight. And, being burdened with freeloaders would be terrible for any flight.
one achievement for hatching a primal id like..... there is not much that would convince me to breed dragons, this is one of the thngs that would convince me :O
one achievement for hatching a primal id like..... there is not much that would convince me to breed dragons, this is one of the thngs that would convince me :O
[quote name="Vinnamah" date="2019-02-26 12:17:43" ] To revise my suggestion to make it more fair, there should be an achievement for a primal in every flight, so not to drive up the prices and value of one flight's primal over another. Like they have done with the dolls and runestones and unhatched eggs. But the fire primal achievement should be named "Eyeburner" [/quote] @Firtarian @Sopheroo
Vinnamah wrote on 2019-02-26 12:17:43:
To revise my suggestion to make it more fair, there should be an achievement for a primal in every flight, so not to drive up the prices and value of one flight's primal over another. Like they have done with the dolls and runestones and unhatched eggs. But the fire primal achievement should be named "Eyeburner"

@Firtarian @Sopheroo
3nB4rFV.png
9PCHmr6.png.....hdED1pW.png
My wishlist
I am fine with a hatch a primal eye achievement but cannot get behind a own a primal for every element—in part because some of those eyes trigger body horror for some players and in part because it would become buy the achievement rather than something that you could work for as the only way to work towards it would be to use unsupported nest rentals or switch flights and with the cooldown length that option is unrealistic
I am fine with a hatch a primal eye achievement but cannot get behind a own a primal for every element—in part because some of those eyes trigger body horror for some players and in part because it would become buy the achievement rather than something that you could work for as the only way to work towards it would be to use unsupported nest rentals or switch flights and with the cooldown length that option is unrealistic
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I don't think achievements should have different names based on the flights, if the achievement is only delivered once. I get the pun, but no support.

Also, please don't ping in the suggestion forum, especially if you're not commenting on something I've said. If I want to come back to read an updated thread, I can make that decision myself.
I don't think achievements should have different names based on the flights, if the achievement is only delivered once. I get the pun, but no support.

Also, please don't ping in the suggestion forum, especially if you're not commenting on something I've said. If I want to come back to read an updated thread, I can make that decision myself.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Like other people, have said, it would be a huge pain to get a specific primal eye mutation for an achievement. I would support an achievement for getting any primal eye mutation, though, and it could still be called "Eyeburner". Or maybe there's another more universal pun.
Like other people, have said, it would be a huge pain to get a specific primal eye mutation for an achievement. I would support an achievement for getting any primal eye mutation, though, and it could still be called "Eyeburner". Or maybe there's another more universal pun.
Mith Spellbook

they/them
- (fr +0) -
1 2 3