Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Sug.] Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 126 127
@Undel thank you for your response; that makes a lot of sense. It might be worth making a sticky post restating that so people are aware of your reasoning (plus it might help cut down on the pings you get)
@Undel thank you for your response; that makes a lot of sense. It might be worth making a sticky post restating that so people are aware of your reasoning (plus it might help cut down on the pings you get)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I agree with @DragonSage and his/her reasoning on two counts. Your interpretation of what I meant by Grace and Eminence is correct. Also your interpretation of what Undel said. Which, now that I think about it I should have realized is the case! (Though personally admin comments wouldn't end MY desire to speak but I recognize that I am sometimes unusual.)

@Calib Prayer is simply an appropriate action verb I picked for the button that appears when you are in the temple want to get a boon. In this sense, it's using prayer more like lawyers use it when talking to a court; less communing with the higher power, and more asking the higher power to act. Secondly, look to DragonSage's explanation of Grace and Eminence. He's dead on to what I intended. I'll review the text again and see if I can make that clearer.

EDIT: Thanks again Calib. Typos have been squished.
I agree with @DragonSage and his/her reasoning on two counts. Your interpretation of what I meant by Grace and Eminence is correct. Also your interpretation of what Undel said. Which, now that I think about it I should have realized is the case! (Though personally admin comments wouldn't end MY desire to speak but I recognize that I am sometimes unusual.)

@Calib Prayer is simply an appropriate action verb I picked for the button that appears when you are in the temple want to get a boon. In this sense, it's using prayer more like lawyers use it when talking to a court; less communing with the higher power, and more asking the higher power to act. Secondly, look to DragonSage's explanation of Grace and Eminence. He's dead on to what I intended. I'll review the text again and see if I can make that clearer.

EDIT: Thanks again Calib. Typos have been squished.
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
I like it, so Bump. :D
I like it, so Bump. :D
This is a very, very well thought out suggestion, and I love it. I'll agree with what has been said - exalting dragons at the moment feels like we're just deleting them for minimal benefit. It is currently a little bland for something that is supposed to be important gameplay and lore-wise, and this suggestion really brings to life the process of exaltation, offers more of an interaction with the patron gods and adds a nice game mechanic too.
It may also help with the floods of dragons filling the AH and prevent them from becoming near-worthless if they are basic genes and species.
In any case, this idea has my full support, and I dearly hope to see it implemented in FR's future.

Just to add - I wondered exactly what was wrong with exaltation(aside from it not being an option I'm inclined to use near enough at all) before I read this topic, and you have completely blown me away with the suggestions. Well done!
This is a very, very well thought out suggestion, and I love it. I'll agree with what has been said - exalting dragons at the moment feels like we're just deleting them for minimal benefit. It is currently a little bland for something that is supposed to be important gameplay and lore-wise, and this suggestion really brings to life the process of exaltation, offers more of an interaction with the patron gods and adds a nice game mechanic too.
It may also help with the floods of dragons filling the AH and prevent them from becoming near-worthless if they are basic genes and species.
In any case, this idea has my full support, and I dearly hope to see it implemented in FR's future.

Just to add - I wondered exactly what was wrong with exaltation(aside from it not being an option I'm inclined to use near enough at all) before I read this topic, and you have completely blown me away with the suggestions. Well done!
-=⌠A▼▲A▼▲⌡=-
This is very well thought-out and the new items are good ideas, as well as increasing the benefit of exalting, making it more interactive and rewarding. I support this.
This is very well thought-out and the new items are good ideas, as well as increasing the benefit of exalting, making it more interactive and rewarding. I support this.
Throwing in my support! I LOVE this idea!
(I'd like to toss in that it'd be great if the Exalt button was in a slightly different spot... I'm constantly having anxiety that I'm going to click it accidentally)
Throwing in my support! I LOVE this idea!
(I'd like to toss in that it'd be great if the Exalt button was in a slightly different spot... I'm constantly having anxiety that I'm going to click it accidentally)
8lnlMXu.png d38dbd31817f7c4938495be837eb12b3.png
I absolutely adore this idea. Right now I haven't exalted any dragons just because of how worthless it seems but this is good incentive right here. Not to mention fun!
I absolutely adore this idea. Right now I haven't exalted any dragons just because of how worthless it seems but this is good incentive right here. Not to mention fun!
This is a really neat idea, extremely complex, but a really neat idea.
This is a really neat idea, extremely complex, but a really neat idea.
@Nitrostreak If this is implemented, it would be logical to move Exaltation to a thing that occurs at the Temple... Flavorful, yes, and it would help prevent that. Would everyone think that a good change?

And yes, thank you all for the support!
@Nitrostreak If this is implemented, it would be logical to move Exaltation to a thing that occurs at the Temple... Flavorful, yes, and it would help prevent that. Would everyone think that a good change?

And yes, thank you all for the support!
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
Supporting this c:
Supporting this c:
tumblr_nde79y5s5O1sf2zako2_400.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 126 127