Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gathering Apparel [UPDATED: See Pg4]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Updated the first post to refine and clarify some ideas. Hopefully that clears up your concerns @RedWillia
Updated the first post to refine and clarify some ideas. Hopefully that clears up your concerns @RedWillia
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I love this idea, first off
I am somewhat worried that as someone who is nearing capping the gathering professions I will not see any, but the gathering stuff iirc is due for a rewrite anyways so maybe that will fix that?
...I would be more supportive of two to four recolors than eleven, though- all current gathering items come in sets of either two or three (except the stupid hippojay, chimera, and centaur that only have one permutation and don't appear in all venues). RNG isn't kind enough for 11 recolors to be feasibly gotten

As a way to counteract RNG, perhaps there could be a single color of each set available in the treasure marketplace? Call it the "Shiny Gathering Tools" or something and have 'em be plain for those dragons who are just picking up a new profession?
I love this idea, first off
I am somewhat worried that as someone who is nearing capping the gathering professions I will not see any, but the gathering stuff iirc is due for a rewrite anyways so maybe that will fix that?
...I would be more supportive of two to four recolors than eleven, though- all current gathering items come in sets of either two or three (except the stupid hippojay, chimera, and centaur that only have one permutation and don't appear in all venues). RNG isn't kind enough for 11 recolors to be feasibly gotten

As a way to counteract RNG, perhaps there could be a single color of each set available in the treasure marketplace? Call it the "Shiny Gathering Tools" or something and have 'em be plain for those dragons who are just picking up a new profession?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

This sounds like such a cool idea, especially for lore clans with dragons that have these jobs. Whether it comes to be or not, you've got my support!
SVbOCPL.png
PaI4dmB.png Moderator of the Lightning Flight Discord
support! i think this would also spice up gathering, and we meed more profession based apparel
support! i think this would also spice up gathering, and we meed more profession based apparel
blanklol
light_small.png
iQrvnPv.png
absolutely feral on main

he/they
+13 fr time
eGiN2Xv.png thDLJf3.png
Support 100%!!! :D I am in love with this idea!
Support 100%!!! :D I am in love with this idea!
@Llanai

ohhh my god i'm in love with this idea,, would you mind if i drew out some of this onto a base? these sound like they'd be perfect apparel!! :0
@Llanai

ohhh my god i'm in love with this idea,, would you mind if i drew out some of this onto a base? these sound like they'd be perfect apparel!! :0
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
Druddigon

I would love that! I've been meaning to give a stab at it for a couple of days now but haven't had the time.
Druddigon

I would love that! I've been meaning to give a stab at it for a couple of days now but haven't had the time.
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
This would be super cool! Tools would be especially nice to show dragon's professions (and more apparel is always good). It would also make gathering food more interesting and profitable.
This would be super cool! Tools would be especially nice to show dragon's professions (and more apparel is always good). It would also make gathering food more interesting and profitable.
Late to the party, but this needs a boost! Fantastic idea!
Late to the party, but this needs a boost! Fantastic idea!
50G49ts.png
Boosting this with an update. Did a mock up of the foraging set that I went through in the first post (with some small changes) Obviously very sketchy but it illustrates the idea. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/6e2d/f/2018/166/2/4/apparel_proposal_by_soenkan-dceibpu.png[/img] Each set (gathering profession) would have at least two colors which I've given very tentative names Forager's/Farmer's Basket: Haul Bag: Bounty Drape: Findings Hip: Spade/Sickle (?) Pole: Pitchfork Hunter's/Trapper's Basket: Haul Bag: Bounty Drape: Findings Hip: Knife/Bait (?) Pole: Spear Fisher's/Angler's Basket: Haul Bag: Bounty Drape: Findings Hip: Net/Bait (?) Pole: Harpoon Catcher's/[need another word] Basket: Haul Bag: Bounty (could possibly be hanging jars?) Drape: Findings Hip: ??????? Pole: Net Digger's/Miner's Basket: Haul Bag: Bounty Drape: Findings Hip: Pickaxe Pole: Shovel Scavenger's/Trader's Basket: Haul Bag: Bounty Drape: Findings Hip: More clutter Pole: Make them look like pinkerton's pile fell on them
Boosting this with an update. Did a mock up of the foraging set that I went through in the first post (with some small changes) Obviously very sketchy but it illustrates the idea.

apparel_proposal_by_soenkan-dceibpu.png

Each set (gathering profession) would have at least two colors which I've given very tentative names

Forager's/Farmer's
Basket: Haul
Bag: Bounty
Drape: Findings
Hip: Spade/Sickle (?)
Pole: Pitchfork

Hunter's/Trapper's
Hip: Knife/Bait (?)
Pole: Spear

Fisher's/Angler's
Hip: Net/Bait (?)
Pole: Harpoon

Catcher's/[need another word]
Bag: Bounty (could possibly be hanging jars?)
Hip: ???????
Pole: Net

Digger's/Miner's
Hip: Pickaxe
Pole: Shovel

Scavenger's/Trader's
Hip: More clutter
Pole: Make them look like pinkerton's pile fell on them
1 2 3 4 5 6