Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Brew (multiple transmutation)
So for this, I'm not talking about brewing many different kinds of items at once. I'm talking stacks of one item.
Here's how I could see it working~
you pick one item from your inventory, and extend the stack.
Let's say 30 clay, if you need ooze, and so you transmute this 30 clay
"but wait! 30 clay in 30 minutes creates an over saturation of ooze in a short amount of time!"
and you'd be right. So for every additional item it goes up by 2 minutes. In smaller batches there is a little difference, but in larger batches the difference is much greater. So starting at 1 clay, the additional 29 clay add on 58 minutes. this makes the transmutation time 1 hour and 22 minutes.
along with the extended time, is that there is no chance for multiple colors of materials to come out. If your stack of 30 clay gets the random chance of green ooze, then you get 30 green ooze.

As someone who can't really dedicate the schedule of every 30 minutes coming in to put in a new material to transmute this would help the people who can't be on as often.

The times above can be messed with as well. Such as making the additional time 5 minutes instead of two, or even creating a stack limit for it, but I feel a one item at a time just isn't enough. Especially for the more casual players.
So for this, I'm not talking about brewing many different kinds of items at once. I'm talking stacks of one item.
Here's how I could see it working~
you pick one item from your inventory, and extend the stack.
Let's say 30 clay, if you need ooze, and so you transmute this 30 clay
"but wait! 30 clay in 30 minutes creates an over saturation of ooze in a short amount of time!"
and you'd be right. So for every additional item it goes up by 2 minutes. In smaller batches there is a little difference, but in larger batches the difference is much greater. So starting at 1 clay, the additional 29 clay add on 58 minutes. this makes the transmutation time 1 hour and 22 minutes.
along with the extended time, is that there is no chance for multiple colors of materials to come out. If your stack of 30 clay gets the random chance of green ooze, then you get 30 green ooze.

As someone who can't really dedicate the schedule of every 30 minutes coming in to put in a new material to transmute this would help the people who can't be on as often.

The times above can be messed with as well. Such as making the additional time 5 minutes instead of two, or even creating a stack limit for it, but I feel a one item at a time just isn't enough. Especially for the more casual players.
tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
I sleep between 20:00 and 5:00 flight rising time.
This gets suggested and shot down a lot (mostly due to ad revenue concerns), but if I remember correctly the staff have already stated that the dropdown means nothing and they do not intend to add multiple-item brewing.
This gets suggested and shot down a lot (mostly due to ad revenue concerns), but if I remember correctly the staff have already stated that the dropdown means nothing and they do not intend to add multiple-item brewing.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
The suggestion for a queue comes up pretty often. Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think in addition to the suggested limitations the experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead. You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
The suggestion for a queue comes up pretty often. Personally I'd prefer more cauldrons as queuing would not encourage checking in frequently as you could set it and forget it. If queuing was added, I think in addition to the suggested limitations the experience gained for brewing should be reduced in exchange of the convenience of being able to queue and/or you have to pay to queue items. Personally I'd prefer both. Lore wise it makes sense your experience wouldn't be as much as you aren't there learning and it really wouldn't affect leveling up as its crafting items that generally give you the most experience. The convenience fee should be per item, perhaps 500 T and could be explained as paying Baldwin or one of his apprentices to tend the brew in your stead. You have to finish the queue and collect the materials before you add anything else; no topping off the brew. You also can't cancel the queue mid-brew.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I agree with dragonsage’s idea
I agree with dragonsage’s idea
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
No support, unless it comes with a high transmutation fee, like 3kt per piece or so.

All Baldwin's materials are all quite cheap already. If you fail to spend enough time transmuting items, buy them.

You can't get a lot of ingredients in a short period of time?? ---Yes, that's the point.
Baldwin's materials' market supply is solely controlled by the frequency of users transmute items.

Following by the point above, allowing multiple transmutations at once means taking the control factor away (with or without the additional brewing time, it doesn't change much), which would lead to oversupply of ingredients and thus ruins the whole Baldwin-related market.

If that somehow really happens, the only way staff could save the Baldwin's items market from becoming dirt cheap would be either (1)increase the market demand---in other word, increase the amount of needed ingredients for each recipe(by a lot), or, (2)increase the brewing fee. I wouldn't be happy to see either of them happen.
No support, unless it comes with a high transmutation fee, like 3kt per piece or so.

All Baldwin's materials are all quite cheap already. If you fail to spend enough time transmuting items, buy them.

You can't get a lot of ingredients in a short period of time?? ---Yes, that's the point.
Baldwin's materials' market supply is solely controlled by the frequency of users transmute items.

Following by the point above, allowing multiple transmutations at once means taking the control factor away (with or without the additional brewing time, it doesn't change much), which would lead to oversupply of ingredients and thus ruins the whole Baldwin-related market.

If that somehow really happens, the only way staff could save the Baldwin's items market from becoming dirt cheap would be either (1)increase the market demand---in other word, increase the amount of needed ingredients for each recipe(by a lot), or, (2)increase the brewing fee. I wouldn't be happy to see either of them happen.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
no support. if baldwin isn't providing what you want just buy it off the AH.

and this would KILL the economy for selling ingredients. this is how i make some money and i enjoy doing it. they don't sell for a lot (most don't at least) but it does add up and it's pretty decent if you know what you're doing. leave it alone.
no support. if baldwin isn't providing what you want just buy it off the AH.

and this would KILL the economy for selling ingredients. this is how i make some money and i enjoy doing it. they don't sell for a lot (most don't at least) but it does add up and it's pretty decent if you know what you're doing. leave it alone.
*If* you wanted to implement this, the time spent would have to increase by 30 mins each time, so that still no more than 48 items could transmute in a day. Your "+2 minutes" thing won't fly though, because it still doesn't solve the problem of oversaturation. Ideally, actually, you would add +5 or so minutes to the standard 30 minutes (so two items = 65m, three = 105m, four = 150m) so that there was more representation of the natural delay between flips- I may be able to plan my life around two or three, but six or seven flips in a row? Less likely. This timing plan would at least compensate for that, somewhat.

As it stands, there are three full stacks of goo on the AH, with the cheapest at 200kt (or 365g I guess depending on your conversion rate). Right now a full stack of Baldwin materials takes just over two days (49.5 hours) if you are a scheduling god who needs no sleep and can take the time to flip your cauldron exactly every 30 minutes. With the ability to create a full stack in less than four hours, the price for a full stack would plummet and the economy for Baldwin materials would go the way of the rest of the site economy.

[Sorry this turned into a bit of a longer post, I'm busy procrastinating cause I don't wanna revise these essays]
*If* you wanted to implement this, the time spent would have to increase by 30 mins each time, so that still no more than 48 items could transmute in a day. Your "+2 minutes" thing won't fly though, because it still doesn't solve the problem of oversaturation. Ideally, actually, you would add +5 or so minutes to the standard 30 minutes (so two items = 65m, three = 105m, four = 150m) so that there was more representation of the natural delay between flips- I may be able to plan my life around two or three, but six or seven flips in a row? Less likely. This timing plan would at least compensate for that, somewhat.

As it stands, there are three full stacks of goo on the AH, with the cheapest at 200kt (or 365g I guess depending on your conversion rate). Right now a full stack of Baldwin materials takes just over two days (49.5 hours) if you are a scheduling god who needs no sleep and can take the time to flip your cauldron exactly every 30 minutes. With the ability to create a full stack in less than four hours, the price for a full stack would plummet and the economy for Baldwin materials would go the way of the rest of the site economy.

[Sorry this turned into a bit of a longer post, I'm busy procrastinating cause I don't wanna revise these essays]
wq9PoXA.png