Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon pricing
1 2 3 4
Admin?

I've attempted to delete thread because I conceded points well made, and don't see the topic as being particularly constructive at this point. Assistance on this would be appreciated.

((( Initial post redacted because I already conceded points well made. )))
Admin?

I've attempted to delete thread because I conceded points well made, and don't see the topic as being particularly constructive at this point. Assistance on this would be appreciated.

((( Initial post redacted because I already conceded points well made. )))
this would kill the game.

As nice as your intentions are, the best way to help new players is to create a forum thread about it, and offer there.

The reasons your dragons are being snatched up is they are for 'fodder' prices and prime for exalting. This is part of the game, and a needed function.

Even with the dragons being bought, there are still plenty of dragons out there (maybe not now since I believe light is buying them up to try for a third week of dom) for fodder prices.

Plus, once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer yours. Again, if you want ot help new players, which is great, create forum threads and stalk the 'welcome new players' threads.

Edit: Outside of a dom battle, there are usually too MANY dragons on the ah for 4-10K treasure, which is the common complaint. So, next week, prices will go back to normal and there will again be plenty of dragons for the new players to fill their lairs with.

As nice as your intentions are, the best way to help new players is to create a forum thread about it, and offer there.

The reasons your dragons are being snatched up is they are for 'fodder' prices and prime for exalting. This is part of the game, and a needed function.

Even with the dragons being bought, there are still plenty of dragons out there (maybe not now since I believe light is buying them up to try for a third week of dom) for fodder prices.

Plus, once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer yours. Again, if you want ot help new players, which is great, create forum threads and stalk the 'welcome new players' threads.

Edit: Outside of a dom battle, there are usually too MANY dragons on the ah for 4-10K treasure, which is the common complaint. So, next week, prices will go back to normal and there will again be plenty of dragons for the new players to fill their lairs with.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. The fodder price so high right now only because there was a battle last week and a battle this week, so making it where only newer players can buy cheaper dragons is unnecessary.

Also it would be torture for anyone wanting to make money with exalting.
No support. The fodder price so high right now only because there was a battle last week and a battle this week, so making it where only newer players can buy cheaper dragons is unnecessary.

Considering buying and leveling fodder is how a lot of people make money on here (and is the entire basis of dominance)? Absolutely no support.
Some of my favorite dragons were bought for fodder price (under 10k) and I would have been so angry if I couldn't buy them just because I wasn't a new player. Heck, I recently bought a dragon for 9k, now he's one of my prized dragons. If I wasn't able to get him, he probably would have been exalted during the massive dom battle last week.

There's a dom battle going on right now, so yeah cheap dragons are gonna be snapped up immediately. Give it a week or so, just because the prices are high now doesn't mean you should want to punish players who are just trying to play the game and help their flight.

There are already countless threads to help newbies get dragons (in most cases, for free) so I see zero reason to punish old players by restricting what they can/can't buy.

You stalking your hatchlings doesn't really help, because, as the admins have said, what someone does with a dragon they buy is their business and their business only. In fact, calling people selfish for helping their flight or trying to play the game in their own way is extremely rude, and borderline call-out or shaming how people play the game (both of which are against the rules)
If you have an issue with "selfish players" buying your hatchlings-
Don't check them (I mean really, most hatchlings end up exalted and it's not your business anyway)
Don't sell them so cheaply (treasure isn't exactly hard to get)
Only sell them via forums (you can make a thread specifically for newbs and you can see if someone is a newbie)
Considering buying and leveling fodder is how a lot of people make money on here (and is the entire basis of dominance)? Absolutely no support.
Some of my favorite dragons were bought for fodder price (under 10k) and I would have been so angry if I couldn't buy them just because I wasn't a new player. Heck, I recently bought a dragon for 9k, now he's one of my prized dragons. If I wasn't able to get him, he probably would have been exalted during the massive dom battle last week.

There's a dom battle going on right now, so yeah cheap dragons are gonna be snapped up immediately. Give it a week or so, just because the prices are high now doesn't mean you should want to punish players who are just trying to play the game and help their flight.

There are already countless threads to help newbies get dragons (in most cases, for free) so I see zero reason to punish old players by restricting what they can/can't buy.

You stalking your hatchlings doesn't really help, because, as the admins have said, what someone does with a dragon they buy is their business and their business only. In fact, calling people selfish for helping their flight or trying to play the game in their own way is extremely rude, and borderline call-out or shaming how people play the game (both of which are against the rules)
If you have an issue with "selfish players" buying your hatchlings-
Don't check them (I mean really, most hatchlings end up exalted and it's not your business anyway)
Don't sell them so cheaply (treasure isn't exactly hard to get)
Only sell them via forums (you can make a thread specifically for newbs and you can see if someone is a newbie)
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="SoulOfChaos" date=2017-07-09 09:56:37] No support. The fodder price so high right now only because there was a battle last week and a battle this week, so making it where only newer players can buy cheaper dragons is unnecessary. Also it would be torture for anyone wanting to make money with exalting. [/quote] It would also be torture for anyone like me who only buys dragons I want to keep. If I saw a dragon for a cheap price that had the colors and genes I want, I would be very upset if I couldn't buy it due to my not being a new player.
SoulOfChaos wrote on 2017-07-09:

It would also be torture for anyone like me who only buys dragons I want to keep. If I saw a dragon for a cheap price that had the colors and genes I want, I would be very upset if I couldn't buy it due to my not being a new player.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
If you price your dragons too low, they're going to be grabbed up for Dominance. Exalting dragons is a vital and needed part of FR to keep the dragon surplus in check. Dominance is also an important mechanic, and we just are coming off the heels of an intense Dom battle which drove the price of fodder dragons up.

Most players don't consider dragons too expensive; most players consider them too cheap.

But if you want to give dragons to newbies or sell the cheaply, go to the appropriate (Flight) Dragon Sales or Raffles & Giveaways forum. On occasion, I'll level my dragons to level 7 and give them away to new players during a welcome week.

Forcing it so only newbies can buy a 10K/20 gem dragon? What if my dream dragon is sold for 20 gems and I can't buy it because I'm a not new player? Really, very few players care who owns their dragons as long as they get their payments. What if I'm a heavy exalter and make my income from exalt training? If all I can buy are dragons over 10K, my entire income becomes impossible.

This is really crossing into dragon DRM, so no support whatsoever.
If you price your dragons too low, they're going to be grabbed up for Dominance. Exalting dragons is a vital and needed part of FR to keep the dragon surplus in check. Dominance is also an important mechanic, and we just are coming off the heels of an intense Dom battle which drove the price of fodder dragons up.

Most players don't consider dragons too expensive; most players consider them too cheap.

But if you want to give dragons to newbies or sell the cheaply, go to the appropriate (Flight) Dragon Sales or Raffles & Giveaways forum. On occasion, I'll level my dragons to level 7 and give them away to new players during a welcome week.

Forcing it so only newbies can buy a 10K/20 gem dragon? What if my dream dragon is sold for 20 gems and I can't buy it because I'm a not new player? Really, very few players care who owns their dragons as long as they get their payments. What if I'm a heavy exalter and make my income from exalt training? If all I can buy are dragons over 10K, my entire income becomes impossible.

Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-07-09 09:54:49] this would kill the game. As nice as your intentions are, the best way to help new players is to create a forum thread about it, and offer there. The reasons your dragons are being snatched up is they are for 'fodder' prices and prime for exalting. This is part of the game, and a needed function. Even with the dragons being bought, there are still plenty of dragons out there (maybe not now since I believe light is buying them up to try for a third week of dom) for fodder prices. Plus, once the dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer yours. Again, if you want ot help new players, which is great, create forum threads and stalk the 'welcome new players' threads. Edit: Outside of a dom battle, there are usually too MANY dragons on the ah for 4-10K treasure, which is the common complaint. So, next week, prices will go back to normal and there will again be plenty of dragons for the new players to fill their lairs with. [/quote] Ok. I can see your point on this. I'm just always looking for a way for the "little" guys to have a chance to have fun too. As someone who doesn't get into the mass exalting or Dom battles simply because of time and adult life requirements, the need to buy ALL THE BABIES is beyond me. But my son, who loves the game but is insanely frustrated with it right now because of exactly what I mentioned, now refuses to do more than feed his dragons and tend his familiars every day because the games to earn treasure aren't fun to him, and everything is insanely expensive. Anyway. Just my .02
Jemadar wrote on 2017-07-09:

Ok. I can see your point on this.

I'm just always looking for a way for the "little" guys to have a chance to have fun too. As someone who doesn't get into the mass exalting or Dom battles simply because of time and adult life requirements, the need to buy ALL THE BABIES is beyond me. But my son, who loves the game but is insanely frustrated with it right now because of exactly what I mentioned, now refuses to do more than feed his dragons and tend his familiars every day because the games to earn treasure aren't fun to him, and everything is insanely expensive.

Anyway. Just my .02
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2017-07-09 09:59:44] If you price your dragons too low, they're going to be grabbed up for Dominance. Exalting dragons is a vital and needed part of FR to keep the dragon surplus in check. Dominance is also an important mechanic, and we just are coming off the heels of an intense Dom battle which drove the price of fodder dragons up. Most players don't consider dragons too expensive; most players consider them too cheap. But if you want to give dragons to newbies or sell the cheaply, go to the appropriate (Flight) Dragon Sales or Raffles & Giveaways forum. On occasion, I'll level my dragons to level 7 and give them away to new players during a welcome week. Forcing it so only newbies can buy a 10K/20 gem dragon? What if my dream dragon is sold for 20 gems and I can't buy it because I'm a not new player? Really, very few players care who owns their dragons as long as they get their payments. What if I'm a heavy exalter and make my income from exalt training? If all I can buy are dragons over 10K, my entire income becomes impossible. This is really crossing into dragon DRM, so no support whatsoever. [/quote] I should have clarified it to say "During Welcome Week", but I see your point.
gemajgall wrote on 2017-07-09:

I should have clarified it to say "During Welcome Week", but I see your point.
Absolutely not. Most dragons aren't worth 10,000 T.

This would severely affect many play styles. Fodder breeders would have fewer buyers for their dragons when selling on the AH. Exalters would be unable to continue with their play style once their account reached a certain age as they buy low priced dragons to train and exalt.

Almost all players would suffer as it wouldn't be as easy to remove excess dragons from the circulation so players old and new alike would struggle to sell artificially overpriced dragons on the AH

In addition this week prices are unusually high due to the light vs nature battle last week and the fact that ice vs water is going on now. It's unusual to have two back to back dom fights. Typically following an intense battle prices fall quite rapidly usually back to normal within hours, a day at most.
Absolutely not. Most dragons aren't worth 10,000 T.

This would severely affect many play styles. Fodder breeders would have fewer buyers for their dragons when selling on the AH. Exalters would be unable to continue with their play style once their account reached a certain age as they buy low priced dragons to train and exalt.

Almost all players would suffer as it wouldn't be as easy to remove excess dragons from the circulation so players old and new alike would struggle to sell artificially overpriced dragons on the AH

In addition this week prices are unusually high due to the light vs nature battle last week and the fact that ice vs water is going on now. It's unusual to have two back to back dom fights. Typically following an intense battle prices fall quite rapidly usually back to normal within hours, a day at most.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support for the addition of only welcome week. This is still dragon DRM, this is still unfair to older players searching for their dream dragons and exalters participating in Dominance. In fact, it would make it impossible for any flight to actually push for Dom during a welcome week.

As I said before, make a thread to giveaway dragons to new players. Don't force other players from properly using site functions just because you refuse to use the forums for your giveaways.
No support for the addition of only welcome week. This is still dragon DRM, this is still unfair to older players searching for their dream dragons and exalters participating in Dominance. In fact, it would make it impossible for any flight to actually push for Dom during a welcome week.

As I said before, make a thread to giveaway dragons to new players. Don't force other players from properly using site functions just because you refuse to use the forums for your giveaways.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 3 4