Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalt
1 2
@timiculous omg those would be amazing (I especially like the mirror one)
But- there is still the problem that profit-Exalters would be flooded with stuff like this- but maybe that would only mean more treasure for them?
@timiculous omg those would be amazing (I especially like the mirror one)
But- there is still the problem that profit-Exalters would be flooded with stuff like this- but maybe that would only mean more treasure for them?
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@shinyumbreon

You could say that adding in the new venue floods trainers with the new food/familiar/material/trinket/swipp/baldwin items and it only means more treasure for them, but we just got the new cove area recently. Someone is going to profit off of it, and it's not a bad idea, especially for lore purposes.

Besides, if it's only worth 10-15t hoardsell value, it's not going to be that drastic, and the market will saturate quickly. If it's rare, then it'll end up being as if an egg, eliminate, or apparel item dropped and it's just their lucky break.
@shinyumbreon

You could say that adding in the new venue floods trainers with the new food/familiar/material/trinket/swipp/baldwin items and it only means more treasure for them, but we just got the new cove area recently. Someone is going to profit off of it, and it's not a bad idea, especially for lore purposes.

Besides, if it's only worth 10-15t hoardsell value, it's not going to be that drastic, and the market will saturate quickly. If it's rare, then it'll end up being as if an egg, eliminate, or apparel item dropped and it's just their lucky break.
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
I love this idea! I also like the idea of a rare item drop with exalting. Increasing incentive to exalt would be really nice, especially considering the overabundance of dragons and overflooded market right now.
I love this idea! I also like the idea of a rare item drop with exalting. Increasing incentive to exalt would be really nice, especially considering the overabundance of dragons and overflooded market right now.
@EpsilonMew ... i'm not sure why you seemed to think i thought it was a bad idea? i said nothing about market saturation, and i fully acknowledged the profits people could make.

perhaps you only saw my first post?
@EpsilonMew ... i'm not sure why you seemed to think i thought it was a bad idea? i said nothing about market saturation, and i fully acknowledged the profits people could make.

perhaps you only saw my first post?

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date=2017-01-21 16:44:09] But- there is still the [b]problem[/b] that profit-Exalters would be [b]flooded [/b]with stuff like this- but maybe that would [b]only[/b] mean more treasure for[b] them[/b]? [/quote] @shinyumbreon I dunno, the way you worded it makes it sound like you aren't supportive because only certain people could profit from this idea. But, I admit that tone is really hard to read in a text-only format, so maybe I read more intensity than you meant to imply. I was definitely responding to your second post. I like to want to talk through ideas, and it's very easy to sound [i]angry[/i] confrontational rather than wanting to continue discussion.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2017-01-21:

@shinyumbreon

I dunno, the way you worded it makes it sound like you aren't supportive because only certain people could profit from this idea. But, I admit that tone is really hard to read in a text-only format, so maybe I read more intensity than you meant to imply. I was definitely responding to your second post. I like to want to talk through ideas, and it's very easy to sound angry confrontational rather than wanting to continue discussion.
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
@EpsilonMew th ebeginning of that statement was meant to sound doubtful, but after the - it was like i was weighing pros and cons.

the "only certain people can profit off this" is pretty true though. people who mass exalt all the time will have another clear advantage over people who don't exalt
@EpsilonMew th ebeginning of that statement was meant to sound doubtful, but after the - it was like i was weighing pros and cons.

the "only certain people can profit off this" is pretty true though. people who mass exalt all the time will have another clear advantage over people who don't exalt

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon

Okay then :) My point still stands, just consider it directed at anyone who decides to wander into this thread, rather than at you personally.
@Shinyumbreon

Okay then :) My point still stands, just consider it directed at anyone who decides to wander into this thread, rather than at you personally.
tDeKDnH.pngKtLTLcK.png
Consider this: exalt drop items are apparel. Not just some token that rots in your hoard, but something to leave behind for a loved one to wear. Those who don't want 'em can melt them at Baldwin's.
Consider this: exalt drop items are apparel. Not just some token that rots in your hoard, but something to leave behind for a loved one to wear. Those who don't want 'em can melt them at Baldwin's.
Looking for friends!
[quote name="Timiculous" date=2017-01-21 16:33:41] I like this idea quite a lot, so I made a few breed-related suggestions and their associated flavour text for better context: Fae amber "Golden sap that cures to a stone-like consistency. Great for patching holes, and on toast." Mirror hunting present "One last 'gift' for your clan's larder. How... thoughtful?" Guardian shield token "A piece of scrimshaw carved while keeping watch. It makes you feel safer somehow." Tundra bouquet "A lovely floral arrangement, or a delicious salad?" Spiral jokebook "This whole thing is full of doodles! Just 'doodle doodle doodle' over and over again." Pearlcatcher keepsake "A braided lock of the dragon's mane, tied with a silk ribbon. I'm not crying, you're crying!" Ridgeback carving "A molted spine, carved in the likeness of a shark. Whether it was made or 'borrowed' is anyone's guess." Snapper geode "A favourite rock, split open to reveal the treasure within. The outside has been worn smooth." Bogsneak mutagen "A flask of dubious liquid. Maybe you should see what Baldwin can make of it?" Skydancer pendant "A necklace made of feathers and strung together with vines. As delicate as it is pretty." Imperial seal "The wax insignia of an Imperial dragon. Highly personal and steeped in meaning - assuming you can understand it." Nocturne diary "A notebook containing observations on clanmates. Not all of them are especially flattering." Wildclaw trophy "The tooth of a mighty beast, claimed in victory. It seemed mighty at the time anyways." Coatl pinion "A huge, stiff feather perfect for making ink quills or fancy hats." [/quote] I love these! But they would need to have a purpose, whether Baldwin or Swipp.
Timiculous wrote on 2017-01-21:
I like this idea quite a lot, so I made a few breed-related suggestions and their associated flavour text for better context:

Fae amber "Golden sap that cures to a stone-like consistency. Great for patching holes, and on toast."

Mirror hunting present "One last 'gift' for your clan's larder. How... thoughtful?"

Guardian shield token "A piece of scrimshaw carved while keeping watch. It makes you feel safer somehow."

Tundra bouquet "A lovely floral arrangement, or a delicious salad?"

Spiral jokebook "This whole thing is full of doodles! Just 'doodle doodle doodle' over and over again."

Pearlcatcher keepsake "A braided lock of the dragon's mane, tied with a silk ribbon. I'm not crying, you're crying!"

Ridgeback carving "A molted spine, carved in the likeness of a shark. Whether it was made or 'borrowed' is anyone's guess."

Snapper geode "A favourite rock, split open to reveal the treasure within. The outside has been worn smooth."

Bogsneak mutagen "A flask of dubious liquid. Maybe you should see what Baldwin can make of it?"

Skydancer pendant "A necklace made of feathers and strung together with vines. As delicate as it is pretty."

Imperial seal "The wax insignia of an Imperial dragon. Highly personal and steeped in meaning - assuming you can understand it."

Nocturne diary "A notebook containing observations on clanmates. Not all of them are especially flattering."

Wildclaw trophy "The tooth of a mighty beast, claimed in victory. It seemed mighty at the time anyways."

Coatl pinion "A huge, stiff feather perfect for making ink quills or fancy hats."
I love these! But they would need to have a purpose, whether Baldwin or Swipp.
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
1 2