Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28 29
Edited the OP, in relation to the update of Joxar's Box.
Edited the OP, in relation to the update of Joxar's Box.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Valemora" date=2016-08-22 13:13:54] In addition to the "retired means retired" issue I really dislike the fact that retired items and new items are thrown in together, and the actually valuable retired items won't even be accessible at first. The quest itself is really nice, I love it! But I'd like to get a nice prize out of it, not something common I already own. Basically, it works nicely only for really new players who registered this month, while those who have been here in 2013-15 will inevitably get stuff they already have at first unless they repeat the same quest more than a dozen of times (the proposed pool has 10 festival items PLUS accents PLUS unique stuff, that's 20 items at the very least), and will do that for 11 different deities. That's over 200 full quests. And each of them is supposed to last a month at least? That's over 15 years of playing! I don't understand how it can be good, when you spend literally months to get a vista you already own and can also buy from AH for 30k. That's just ridiculous. I believe that the prizes should be unique to the quest. Otherwise it will just cause frustration, because none of the current festival items except some 2013 stuff is worth the trouble and will just become a booby prize, in which case I suggest adding bears to the pool as well because if we have vistas and goblins there, bears won't hurt either, and what's another possible year of quests when we already supposed to do them for 15. Honestly, the more updates I see for this suggestion, the weirder it becomes... The quest itself is good and well-thought, but the prize pool (which is supposed to be the reason for the quest!) is a total mess, which is why I cannot support it. [/quote] This pretty much sums up how I feel. I've said in other threads at length why I don't believe in bringing back retired items, but for this suggestion, I'll put that aside. I believe something like this should happen but with its own set of prizes. I don't like the thought of going through lots and lots of grind, only to get something I already have possibly multiple times over - and have actually grinded for during its actual festival. Don't ping me to this. I just wanted to leave my thoughts, not get caught up in a messy debate.
Valemora wrote on 2016-08-22:
In addition to the "retired means retired" issue I really dislike the fact that retired items and new items are thrown in together, and the actually valuable retired items won't even be accessible at first. The quest itself is really nice, I love it! But I'd like to get a nice prize out of it, not something common I already own.

Basically, it works nicely only for really new players who registered this month, while those who have been here in 2013-15 will inevitably get stuff they already have at first unless they repeat the same quest more than a dozen of times (the proposed pool has 10 festival items PLUS accents PLUS unique stuff, that's 20 items at the very least), and will do that for 11 different deities. That's over 200 full quests. And each of them is supposed to last a month at least? That's over 15 years of playing! I don't understand how it can be good, when you spend literally months to get a vista you already own and can also buy from AH for 30k. That's just ridiculous.

I believe that the prizes should be unique to the quest. Otherwise it will just cause frustration, because none of the current festival items except some 2013 stuff is worth the trouble and will just become a booby prize, in which case I suggest adding bears to the pool as well because if we have vistas and goblins there, bears won't hurt either, and what's another possible year of quests when we already supposed to do them for 15.

Honestly, the more updates I see for this suggestion, the weirder it becomes...

The quest itself is good and well-thought, but the prize pool (which is supposed to be the reason for the quest!) is a total mess, which is why I cannot support it.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I've said in other threads at length why I don't believe in bringing back retired items, but for this suggestion, I'll put that aside.

I believe something like this should happen but with its own set of prizes. I don't like the thought of going through lots and lots of grind, only to get something I already have possibly multiple times over - and have actually grinded for during its actual festival.

Don't ping me to this. I just wanted to leave my thoughts, not get caught up in a messy debate.
I still am in huge support for this, mainly because this at least make those first year items 9and year 2-3 items that people who joined later missed out on) actually achievement goals, i don't have to worry about checking the prices every month just to see if there is a change.

I feel this is often an issue that the pro-retirment camp overlooks....these prices never remain the way they are, sure they haven't really changed in a long time but honestly do you think it'll stay like that forever? No, at some point down the line these items will vanish pretty much or only be sold once in a blue moon. So unless you can 100% guarantee me i will be able to buy a light sprite for 40k G in 2025 I will point this out again and again: At some point there will be NO first year festival items for others to buy.

Perhaps some don't care that these items will fade into obscurity but others do, those who would love to get their hands on these items and work hard for them but oh wait they can't.

This way their goal actually remains a goal, because that's the point of a goal they don't move up or vanish down the line
I still am in huge support for this, mainly because this at least make those first year items 9and year 2-3 items that people who joined later missed out on) actually achievement goals, i don't have to worry about checking the prices every month just to see if there is a change.

I feel this is often an issue that the pro-retirment camp overlooks....these prices never remain the way they are, sure they haven't really changed in a long time but honestly do you think it'll stay like that forever? No, at some point down the line these items will vanish pretty much or only be sold once in a blue moon. So unless you can 100% guarantee me i will be able to buy a light sprite for 40k G in 2025 I will point this out again and again: At some point there will be NO first year festival items for others to buy.

Perhaps some don't care that these items will fade into obscurity but others do, those who would love to get their hands on these items and work hard for them but oh wait they can't.

This way their goal actually remains a goal, because that's the point of a goal they don't move up or vanish down the line
DVcXRyP.png
To that, I just have to add... Boolean, Skycat, Bone Fiend, Cog Frog and Downtime Familiars.

Honestly, there is no harm to the items not being available. But even Booleans still very occasionally crop up even now, and there were, I think, a maximum of 80 of those.

So no, there is literally no harm to them vanishing or fading to obscurity. The prices may change over time, they may not. I'm not going to guarantee it. It doesn't change my pro-retirement stance.

However, I feel that the retired items are always a goal, be they boolean or otherwise, on the very offchance you find someone selling.

These quests seem to just reward newcomers and add nothing for oldtimes with the current prize selection. Honestly, there are other, preferable suggestions, I've found (even just taking them out the bestiary would be preferable).

This also seems to punish players who came afterwards that actually spent money buying the familiars and apparel, especially, and those that put up with the lag of the first ever festivals and others on the site. They do seem like a reward in many ways, but a reward that doesn't stop a person from playing or enjoying the game, since you only get a few chests and then 50t a day even from the rarest of familiars.

I swear not to get caught up in a debate, but I feel I had to respond, sorry ^.^'' Again, no pings, thanks.
To that, I just have to add... Boolean, Skycat, Bone Fiend, Cog Frog and Downtime Familiars.

Honestly, there is no harm to the items not being available. But even Booleans still very occasionally crop up even now, and there were, I think, a maximum of 80 of those.

So no, there is literally no harm to them vanishing or fading to obscurity. The prices may change over time, they may not. I'm not going to guarantee it. It doesn't change my pro-retirement stance.

However, I feel that the retired items are always a goal, be they boolean or otherwise, on the very offchance you find someone selling.

These quests seem to just reward newcomers and add nothing for oldtimes with the current prize selection. Honestly, there are other, preferable suggestions, I've found (even just taking them out the bestiary would be preferable).

This also seems to punish players who came afterwards that actually spent money buying the familiars and apparel, especially, and those that put up with the lag of the first ever festivals and others on the site. They do seem like a reward in many ways, but a reward that doesn't stop a person from playing or enjoying the game, since you only get a few chests and then 50t a day even from the rarest of familiars.

I swear not to get caught up in a debate, but I feel I had to respond, sorry ^.^'' Again, no pings, thanks.
[quote name="Zenelle" date=2017-06-23 13:52:48] To that, I just have to add... Boolean, Skycat, Bone Fiend, Cog Frog and Downtime Familiars. Honestly, there is no harm to the items not being available. But even Booleans still very occasionally crop up even now, and there were, I think, a maximum of 80 of those. So no, there is literally no harm to them vanishing or fading to obscurity. The prices may change over time, they may not. I'm not going to guarantee it. It doesn't change my pro-retirement stance. However, I feel that the retired items are always a goal, be they boolean or otherwise, on the very offchance you find someone selling. These quests seem to just reward newcomers and add nothing for oldtimes with the current prize selection. Honestly, there are other, preferable suggestions, I've found (even just taking them out the bestiary would be preferable). This also seems to punish players who came afterwards that actually spent money buying the familiars and apparel, especially, and those that put up with the lag of the first ever festivals and others on the site. They do seem like a reward in many ways, but a reward that doesn't stop a person from playing or enjoying the game, since you only get a few chests and then 50t a day even from the rarest of familiars. I swear not to get caught up in a debate, but I feel I had to respond, sorry ^.^'' Again, no pings, thanks. [/quote] This Suggestion was made dominantly with newcomers in mind. I was thinking ahead to the people who will join the site next year, the year after, the year after. Since you cannot guarantee that these items will be available for sale in a few more years, I don't particularly believe it to be fair to just let these items fade into obscurity. Most new players don't enjoy joining a site and finding that they cannot acquire something. The Kickstarter and Downtime Familiars are in a separate category than Holiday Familiars. They are similar to Contest Prize Vistas, as an example -- you can get Vistas now, but you cannot that that one because you did not win the contest. That makes sense. In that way, KS and DT Familiars make sense. But Sprites and other Year 1 items are no different from other Holiday Items other than the fact they happened to be the first batch. it's understandable that many people dislike that Year1 items are somehow considered to be much more valuable. My year was the Bears. I have nothing from my year that is worth anything because, well. Bearpocalypse. Oldtimers could still play through the Quests for the unique items in the pool, as well as acquiring doubles of the rarer tier items to sell for profits to players who cannot or do not want to play through the quest themselves. They way they can make a profit without having to sell what may be their only copy of something, or gift a newbie friend without having to give up their only copy of something. As for the last bit: There are players who spent 50,000t on Year1 items just after the Year2 cycle began. Now there are people paying up to 1,000,000t for things. If we're not going to acknowledge that this inflation creates unfairness in "People have already paid a lot of money for it!", then I don't find that to be a point worth debating. The idea that you can't introduce a new way to acquire something because players have already spent money on it elsewhere is rather short-sighted, especially when there are situations like "I bought this Stone Borer for a lot of money but I can also get one by investing time and effort into the Golem Workshop". The Quests themselves are designed to be heft treasure sinks anyway, meaning that players will probably pay the same if not more than the inflated prices anyway -- they will just have a guaranteed chance of reaching their goal with possibly some other coli item perks (eggs, battle stones, familiars, etc). I'd like to also bring up that un-acquirable items are one of the reasons that GaiaOnline's complete wrecked economy exists. An excess of rare items given only to people who could shell out real money to acquire them resulted in people designing and installing Gold Generators onto their browsers. People essentially hacked the site to give themselves exorbitant amount of cash in order to buy these rare items from the folks who were selling them. Enough people did this, and the admins couldn't catch them fast enough, and now having 100 billion gold is considered to be "poor". They cannot fix the site now, they just have to roll with it. Currently, the FR admins can probably handle people who might bot like this. But when Open Reg becomes a thing? I fear that GaiaOnline's history will repeat itself here. I'd much rather have an in-site avenue to these items, such as my suggestion, than to have people seeking outside scripts to bug the site and destroy the economy.
Zenelle wrote on 2017-06-23:

This Suggestion was made dominantly with newcomers in mind. I was thinking ahead to the people who will join the site next year, the year after, the year after. Since you cannot guarantee that these items will be available for sale in a few more years, I don't particularly believe it to be fair to just let these items fade into obscurity. Most new players don't enjoy joining a site and finding that they cannot acquire something.

The Kickstarter and Downtime Familiars are in a separate category than Holiday Familiars. They are similar to Contest Prize Vistas, as an example -- you can get Vistas now, but you cannot that that one because you did not win the contest. That makes sense. In that way, KS and DT Familiars make sense. But Sprites and other Year 1 items are no different from other Holiday Items other than the fact they happened to be the first batch. it's understandable that many people dislike that Year1 items are somehow considered to be much more valuable. My year was the Bears. I have nothing from my year that is worth anything because, well. Bearpocalypse.

Oldtimers could still play through the Quests for the unique items in the pool, as well as acquiring doubles of the rarer tier items to sell for profits to players who cannot or do not want to play through the quest themselves. They way they can make a profit without having to sell what may be their only copy of something, or gift a newbie friend without having to give up their only copy of something.

As for the last bit: There are players who spent 50,000t on Year1 items just after the Year2 cycle began. Now there are people paying up to 1,000,000t for things. If we're not going to acknowledge that this inflation creates unfairness in "People have already paid a lot of money for it!", then I don't find that to be a point worth debating. The idea that you can't introduce a new way to acquire something because players have already spent money on it elsewhere is rather short-sighted, especially when there are situations like "I bought this Stone Borer for a lot of money but I can also get one by investing time and effort into the Golem Workshop".

The Quests themselves are designed to be heft treasure sinks anyway, meaning that players will probably pay the same if not more than the inflated prices anyway -- they will just have a guaranteed chance of reaching their goal with possibly some other coli item perks (eggs, battle stones, familiars, etc).

I'd like to also bring up that un-acquirable items are one of the reasons that GaiaOnline's complete wrecked economy exists. An excess of rare items given only to people who could shell out real money to acquire them resulted in people designing and installing Gold Generators onto their browsers. People essentially hacked the site to give themselves exorbitant amount of cash in order to buy these rare items from the folks who were selling them. Enough people did this, and the admins couldn't catch them fast enough, and now having 100 billion gold is considered to be "poor". They cannot fix the site now, they just have to roll with it.

Currently, the FR admins can probably handle people who might bot like this. But when Open Reg becomes a thing? I fear that GaiaOnline's history will repeat itself here. I'd much rather have an in-site avenue to these items, such as my suggestion, than to have people seeking outside scripts to bug the site and destroy the economy.
to quote myself here for a moment in regards of the other retired apparel/familiars...
Quote:
Boolean –a reward for the people who were there during the beta
KS items – a reward to those who donated on the kickstarter
Downtime items- an apology gift to those who were affected by the long down time
Anniversary items – a gift to those who are there for FR’s anniversary

see what all those items have in common? They were either gifts or rewards for something, are the festi items gifts or rewards for something? No they are not, not to mention Ali clearly states this suggestion is ONLY about the festival items not about the others. Do people really not read or whatever? why bring up those items when it's clearly said it's not about those items?

Stop bringing up those items ***
to quote myself here for a moment in regards of the other retired apparel/familiars...
Quote:
Boolean –a reward for the people who were there during the beta
KS items – a reward to those who donated on the kickstarter
Downtime items- an apology gift to those who were affected by the long down time
Anniversary items – a gift to those who are there for FR’s anniversary

see what all those items have in common? They were either gifts or rewards for something, are the festi items gifts or rewards for something? No they are not, not to mention Ali clearly states this suggestion is ONLY about the festival items not about the others. Do people really not read or whatever? why bring up those items when it's clearly said it's not about those items?

Stop bringing up those items ***
DVcXRyP.png
They are brought up for a reason. They are brought up to point out that you already cannot get every familiar in the game, for the people who think they need the sprites for completionist purposes -.-

So yes, they will keep getting brought up. Maybe you should read why I mentioned them - especially since others have pointed out that the sprites could 'disappear forever' if not brought back... well so could they. You still can't have a complete bestiary.

The sprites are there. They do nothing more than any other familiar, same with those I mentioned. There's nothing wrong with them going forever, like with those other familiars. It's better to have retired items left out of the bestiary so they're not in people's faces, but that is the only thing that happens with familiars.

I can't go into the economy side. I don't understand that part. Some people say retired items are good, some say they're bad for it. I've read arguments both sides. But with the Boolean, etc, still there, there's always the chance people will hack to get them anyway, so I don't see why that's an argument for the sprites to be unretired.

So yep, the KS and Downtime items are still important to any argument. They will be brought up again and again as the circle continues to go round.
They are brought up for a reason. They are brought up to point out that you already cannot get every familiar in the game, for the people who think they need the sprites for completionist purposes -.-

So yes, they will keep getting brought up. Maybe you should read why I mentioned them - especially since others have pointed out that the sprites could 'disappear forever' if not brought back... well so could they. You still can't have a complete bestiary.

The sprites are there. They do nothing more than any other familiar, same with those I mentioned. There's nothing wrong with them going forever, like with those other familiars. It's better to have retired items left out of the bestiary so they're not in people's faces, but that is the only thing that happens with familiars.

I can't go into the economy side. I don't understand that part. Some people say retired items are good, some say they're bad for it. I've read arguments both sides. But with the Boolean, etc, still there, there's always the chance people will hack to get them anyway, so I don't see why that's an argument for the sprites to be unretired.

So yep, the KS and Downtime items are still important to any argument. They will be brought up again and again as the circle continues to go round.
They are brought up, most often, to derail the conversation. They have been addressed and the reason why they are separated from the Holiday Items explained. So, therefore, they are no longer relevant to the conversation unless you bring up any new points. Which no one does, because it's already been discussed about 20 times in this thread alone. So, no, the KS and Downtime Familiars are no longer important to this argument and I have no interest in continuing to entertain offshoots of the Suggestion I am making.

You can say that there's "nothing wrong with them going forever" but obviously there are people do not share your view, hence this suggestion and numerous others that try to explore the ways we can return these items without completely annihilating the market for them.

You can agree. You can disagree. Regardless, I will continue to suggest this, and will continue to morph and change the idea depending on the positive and negative feedback I receive.
They are brought up, most often, to derail the conversation. They have been addressed and the reason why they are separated from the Holiday Items explained. So, therefore, they are no longer relevant to the conversation unless you bring up any new points. Which no one does, because it's already been discussed about 20 times in this thread alone. So, no, the KS and Downtime Familiars are no longer important to this argument and I have no interest in continuing to entertain offshoots of the Suggestion I am making.

You can say that there's "nothing wrong with them going forever" but obviously there are people do not share your view, hence this suggestion and numerous others that try to explore the ways we can return these items without completely annihilating the market for them.

You can agree. You can disagree. Regardless, I will continue to suggest this, and will continue to morph and change the idea depending on the positive and negative feedback I receive.
I still support this. I think it would be a ton of fun. I love doing the previously mentioned explorations on GPXPlus for legendary pokemon. And some of them players really have to use their elbow grease to earn. But every time I embark on an exploration, I feel a sense of progress towards my goal. On FR, as things are now, saving up for a high end item feels like spinning my tires in the mud. "The price shot up 5,000 gems when players relisted auctions! Dang it, I can't buy that new Alloy gene because I don't want to be put behind on my goal! Oh no, there's not even any of that apparel item in the AH today--what if people aren't selling it any more?! Does that year one skin even still exist on market? Oh no, the gem ratio keeps inflating--how much is that going to set me behind?" That's not fun and it brings no sense of accomplishment. The only thing I will feel when I earn my end goal is relief that I don't have to play the market game any more--there will be minimum sense of satisfaction. And before anyone asks why I continue, it's because I want the item and I have a huge stubborn streak. I understand some people get massive smiley senses of satisfactions from working two or more years on something. But please remember not everyone does. For some, it's more like "thank the Arcanist that is FINALLY over, now I can buy that Alloy gene." Joxar's Box also nudges in on this frustration as that's 90,000 every month taken from my end goal. Top it off with all the festival skins and accents, and I'm looking at just under half a million treasure lost every month as I try to catch up with the year one items while not falling behind with the current year five items. It feels like paddling a boat with one oar. And the thing is, no other division of the playerbase has this--it only exists between those who signed up early in year one and everyone else. Furthermore, given the playerbase size now, the fact players understand festivals better and have Level 25 teams, as well as Baldwin brewable currency, no other year's festival items are ever going to reach that price no matter what the staff does. There's just too many in existence. As things are now, it really only comes across as favoritism.
I still support this. I think it would be a ton of fun. I love doing the previously mentioned explorations on GPXPlus for legendary pokemon. And some of them players really have to use their elbow grease to earn. But every time I embark on an exploration, I feel a sense of progress towards my goal. On FR, as things are now, saving up for a high end item feels like spinning my tires in the mud. "The price shot up 5,000 gems when players relisted auctions! Dang it, I can't buy that new Alloy gene because I don't want to be put behind on my goal! Oh no, there's not even any of that apparel item in the AH today--what if people aren't selling it any more?! Does that year one skin even still exist on market? Oh no, the gem ratio keeps inflating--how much is that going to set me behind?" That's not fun and it brings no sense of accomplishment. The only thing I will feel when I earn my end goal is relief that I don't have to play the market game any more--there will be minimum sense of satisfaction. And before anyone asks why I continue, it's because I want the item and I have a huge stubborn streak. I understand some people get massive smiley senses of satisfactions from working two or more years on something. But please remember not everyone does. For some, it's more like "thank the Arcanist that is FINALLY over, now I can buy that Alloy gene." Joxar's Box also nudges in on this frustration as that's 90,000 every month taken from my end goal. Top it off with all the festival skins and accents, and I'm looking at just under half a million treasure lost every month as I try to catch up with the year one items while not falling behind with the current year five items. It feels like paddling a boat with one oar. And the thing is, no other division of the playerbase has this--it only exists between those who signed up early in year one and everyone else. Furthermore, given the playerbase size now, the fact players understand festivals better and have Level 25 teams, as well as Baldwin brewable currency, no other year's festival items are ever going to reach that price no matter what the staff does. There's just too many in existence. As things are now, it really only comes across as favoritism.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I really support this- I love having a reason to grind.
I really support this- I love having a reason to grind.
7OfRPKX.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28 29