Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Rebalance
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
eh, sure
hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
eh, sure
FR Blog
Main/Humor blog
@Varric

much support - im finding the game so tedious lately is unreal, coliseum has become monotonous and lets face it, theres no real incentive to go there except with festivals or to train foder

I find the higher venues so hard even with 3 level 25 dragons, the dodge rates are silly and to be quite frank the drop rates on items are fairly poor, finding that 3 out 7 fights give you no loot is also a bit degrading
@Varric

much support - im finding the game so tedious lately is unreal, coliseum has become monotonous and lets face it, theres no real incentive to go there except with festivals or to train foder

I find the higher venues so hard even with 3 level 25 dragons, the dodge rates are silly and to be quite frank the drop rates on items are fairly poor, finding that 3 out 7 fights give you no loot is also a bit degrading
0chBRkd.png
While I'm not one for an additional fighter in the ring (I think 3 is just fine, it keeps the "boss" quartets interesting) I would be interested in a higher level cap and more stones for those who want to break the Glass Cannon mold.
The Sentinel stone is especially interesting.
While I'm not one for an additional fighter in the ring (I think 3 is just fine, it keeps the "boss" quartets interesting) I would be interested in a higher level cap and more stones for those who want to break the Glass Cannon mold.
The Sentinel stone is especially interesting.
I like the idea of Glory. I don't go to the coli to do PvP because as you pointed out, the queue is a waste of time. Also, I'm not sure you get any EXP from it?
I like the idea of Glory. I don't go to the coli to do PvP because as you pointed out, the queue is a waste of time. Also, I'm not sure you get any EXP from it?
fremblem_by_edelity-dbf49gz.png
This sounds really great, especially experience potions. I like any idea involving secondary currencies besides treasure
This sounds really great, especially experience potions. I like any idea involving secondary currencies besides treasure
sBdLZtA.png
@DragonSage @Varric

I absolutely love this thread. SO much support.

I think the suggestions here are great and would do a lot to boost up the coli with more variety to builds. I personally think that rather than boosting up the current second level elemental ranged attacks, a better direction might be to make a similar physical elemental attack of lvl 12, and to add in higher levels of both as the levels go up. That way you have the elemental attack options that you can mix and match for varying damage outputs and have more variety in the types of dragon damage that you're expecting.

I'd personally like to see a bigger opportunity to make use of elemental affinities.

For the Dual element attacks, I was thinking that a good ranged attack in the light aspect could be fire/light ranged combo of Flare, Shadow/plague could be a physical attack called Nyx Swipe, and an Arcane/Earth physical attack called Consecration. These are just a few ideas, and I'd be happy to think up a balanced array of dual abilities, if it was really necessary. Though, as much as I like the idea of dual abilities, it wouldn't really work lore wise since the flights are element based and contest with one another over dominance. Dragons using another element in their attacks wouldn't make much sense, unless the mixed attack types were limited to purchased dragons of other elements that have mated in your flights nests. It doesn't have to be that, but it should be something that justifies the dragon not necessarily having a change of their elemental nature, but rather having access to use the element from an acquired affinity. It could be limited to a certain number of days after the owner of the dragon is changed or be a permanent change in the dragon that is listed as an attribute. It would also help to support and increase dragon trade between users since the affinity would be something specialized.

Since an adventuring aspect is something very likely to happen, it could be built into that as a sort of achievement that you can acquire access to different elemental training grounds. Your element would be easier to acquire or would be already acquired, but other training grounds would require larger amounts of effort and investment. All in all, I think that Dual element attacks are a great idea but would require a modern-times update to the lore and some justification for the dragons going against their born nature.
@DragonSage @Varric

I absolutely love this thread. SO much support.

I think the suggestions here are great and would do a lot to boost up the coli with more variety to builds. I personally think that rather than boosting up the current second level elemental ranged attacks, a better direction might be to make a similar physical elemental attack of lvl 12, and to add in higher levels of both as the levels go up. That way you have the elemental attack options that you can mix and match for varying damage outputs and have more variety in the types of dragon damage that you're expecting.

I'd personally like to see a bigger opportunity to make use of elemental affinities.

For the Dual element attacks, I was thinking that a good ranged attack in the light aspect could be fire/light ranged combo of Flare, Shadow/plague could be a physical attack called Nyx Swipe, and an Arcane/Earth physical attack called Consecration. These are just a few ideas, and I'd be happy to think up a balanced array of dual abilities, if it was really necessary. Though, as much as I like the idea of dual abilities, it wouldn't really work lore wise since the flights are element based and contest with one another over dominance. Dragons using another element in their attacks wouldn't make much sense, unless the mixed attack types were limited to purchased dragons of other elements that have mated in your flights nests. It doesn't have to be that, but it should be something that justifies the dragon not necessarily having a change of their elemental nature, but rather having access to use the element from an acquired affinity. It could be limited to a certain number of days after the owner of the dragon is changed or be a permanent change in the dragon that is listed as an attribute. It would also help to support and increase dragon trade between users since the affinity would be something specialized.

Since an adventuring aspect is something very likely to happen, it could be built into that as a sort of achievement that you can acquire access to different elemental training grounds. Your element would be easier to acquire or would be already acquired, but other training grounds would require larger amounts of effort and investment. All in all, I think that Dual element attacks are a great idea but would require a modern-times update to the lore and some justification for the dragons going against their born nature.
@HephaestusNoir

AHHH THANK YOU FOR PINGING ME.

I was looking for this thread again and I COULDN'T for the life of me find it!

When I get the time and inclination to do so, I'm going to edit the OP and prettify it a bit. Maybe after Christmas. As well as put in some new ideas I've had over the last couple of months.

I do like the idea of adding a similar physical elemental attack. That still begs the question of: Is Eliminate too much?

It does massive amounts of damage--which is why I felt like a magical version of the spell would be good. On the PvP front, though, maybe a stone that reduces damage taken from Eliminate... I think there's a buff stone that reduces physical damage done, though.
@HephaestusNoir

AHHH THANK YOU FOR PINGING ME.

I was looking for this thread again and I COULDN'T for the life of me find it!

When I get the time and inclination to do so, I'm going to edit the OP and prettify it a bit. Maybe after Christmas. As well as put in some new ideas I've had over the last couple of months.

I do like the idea of adding a similar physical elemental attack. That still begs the question of: Is Eliminate too much?

It does massive amounts of damage--which is why I felt like a magical version of the spell would be good. On the PvP front, though, maybe a stone that reduces damage taken from Eliminate... I think there's a buff stone that reduces physical damage done, though.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
@HephaestusNoir personally I don't see dual elemental attacks as being able against lore since we have hybrid fragments that can be used by dragons of multiple elements ((For example the glass hybrid fragment works for Ice, Lightning or Arcane dragons)). It doesn't necessarily mean they are using both elements; its they are are accessing the element they are of to use the attack; it just does damage of both elements because the other element of the attack is pulled along for the ride--(for example in the water/wind tsunami attack; a wind dragon would cause the wind that starts the tsunami and once they release the wind the water is pulled along while a water dragon would set control the water in such a way a stray wind will catch it to cause the wave.

The reason I suggest raising the elemental attacks to the same level as eliminate instead of introducing a new physical attack is the current low level physical attacks are rarely used so its unlikely a middle attack between the elemental slashes and eliminate would be used because eliminate is far superior.

@Varric perhaps add a link in your bio so you can easily find it.
@HephaestusNoir personally I don't see dual elemental attacks as being able against lore since we have hybrid fragments that can be used by dragons of multiple elements ((For example the glass hybrid fragment works for Ice, Lightning or Arcane dragons)). It doesn't necessarily mean they are using both elements; its they are are accessing the element they are of to use the attack; it just does damage of both elements because the other element of the attack is pulled along for the ride--(for example in the water/wind tsunami attack; a wind dragon would cause the wind that starts the tsunami and once they release the wind the water is pulled along while a water dragon would set control the water in such a way a stray wind will catch it to cause the wave.

The reason I suggest raising the elemental attacks to the same level as eliminate instead of introducing a new physical attack is the current low level physical attacks are rarely used so its unlikely a middle attack between the elemental slashes and eliminate would be used because eliminate is far superior.

@Varric perhaps add a link in your bio so you can easily find it.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage

As a new user I beg to differ. I absolutely love using builds as I level them up and having the varying elemental moves available to purchase makes it all the more interesting to level up dragons and mix and match stones. Saying that adding in new mid and lower rank skills isn't really necessary is forgetting that new users don't always have access to higher rank skills. Whether that's a question of money or of level limits.

Also, when paired with the right element a mid-rank elemental attack can do similar, if not more and assuming that the calculations are right, damage than Eliminate while having the bonus of a side effect and theoretically lower breath cost. Obviously Eliminate can be theoretically unlimited, but in earlier fights when you don't have that breath available for the initial cost the other element attacks might help you out in a pinch when you need the damage but don't have the Breath for Eliminate.

And lore wise, the dual element attacks are different from the multi element augment stones. Those stones are kind of like master-keys for the dragons. The atunement of the multiple elements is what makes the hybrid stones stronger, but that increased power in the stones also requires that the stones have limited access, otherwise there's no point in having the elements attuned in the first place. It would be another story if the multi element attacks were neutral by nature and were limited to specific elements. But because they deal two kinds of elemental damage, it's fundamentally different. Glass has an affinity with ice, light, electricity and in some ways arcane elements, so it works as a multi access augment. But a multi damage attack is like expecting to a fire to be able to cast a shadow. In some ways it's possible for some elemental pairs, but by it's very nature the elemental attacks aren't something that's really supposed to be mixed and matched when a dragon is born with a very specific element.

TLDR; The multi element augment stones don't provide the additional elements for the dragon to use. The multi element attacks do, so they aren't things that can be really compared. It's would be like comparing the hybrid stones to the neutral might and acuity stones.

I definitely agree that Eliminate is superior and should probably stay as the stronger physical attack. Especially since it can pretty much wreck an enemy in a single turn. But having more options in terms of attacks will give players more room to specialize their dragons and make them unique instead of being cookie-cutter physical damage dealers.

@Varric

So I do think that Eliminate should stay a stronger move. It has a certain novelty and appeal as such a fundamentally power-house hit, and won't detract away from new-coming moves. Particularly new users or those that just enjoy trying new builds with different elements, it'll add a certain goal to build physical damage dealers up to while using the dragons strengthening element along the way.
@DragonSage

As a new user I beg to differ. I absolutely love using builds as I level them up and having the varying elemental moves available to purchase makes it all the more interesting to level up dragons and mix and match stones. Saying that adding in new mid and lower rank skills isn't really necessary is forgetting that new users don't always have access to higher rank skills. Whether that's a question of money or of level limits.

Also, when paired with the right element a mid-rank elemental attack can do similar, if not more and assuming that the calculations are right, damage than Eliminate while having the bonus of a side effect and theoretically lower breath cost. Obviously Eliminate can be theoretically unlimited, but in earlier fights when you don't have that breath available for the initial cost the other element attacks might help you out in a pinch when you need the damage but don't have the Breath for Eliminate.

And lore wise, the dual element attacks are different from the multi element augment stones. Those stones are kind of like master-keys for the dragons. The atunement of the multiple elements is what makes the hybrid stones stronger, but that increased power in the stones also requires that the stones have limited access, otherwise there's no point in having the elements attuned in the first place. It would be another story if the multi element attacks were neutral by nature and were limited to specific elements. But because they deal two kinds of elemental damage, it's fundamentally different. Glass has an affinity with ice, light, electricity and in some ways arcane elements, so it works as a multi access augment. But a multi damage attack is like expecting to a fire to be able to cast a shadow. In some ways it's possible for some elemental pairs, but by it's very nature the elemental attacks aren't something that's really supposed to be mixed and matched when a dragon is born with a very specific element.

TLDR; The multi element augment stones don't provide the additional elements for the dragon to use. The multi element attacks do, so they aren't things that can be really compared. It's would be like comparing the hybrid stones to the neutral might and acuity stones.

I definitely agree that Eliminate is superior and should probably stay as the stronger physical attack. Especially since it can pretty much wreck an enemy in a single turn. But having more options in terms of attacks will give players more room to specialize their dragons and make them unique instead of being cookie-cutter physical damage dealers.

@Varric

So I do think that Eliminate should stay a stronger move. It has a certain novelty and appeal as such a fundamentally power-house hit, and won't detract away from new-coming moves. Particularly new users or those that just enjoy trying new builds with different elements, it'll add a certain goal to build physical damage dealers up to while using the dragons strengthening element along the way.
@HephaestusNoir

With regards to eliminate vs. literally any other attack, I have to disagree. A level 25 dragon with 126 strength can scratch+eliminate any non-boss in any zone except the Golem Workshop. Nothing else even comes close to comparing. Two of them, with 2x ambush and enough speed, can practically finish the fight before the enemy even gets a single turn. Maybe it's not challenging or unique or exciting, but when you're just trying to get an exalt leveled to 7 or you're trying to gather enough Serthis potions to brew a gene, faster is better and having to think about elemental strength or waste turns meditating for breath is not appealing at all. The glass cannon build can finish most fights in less than ten seconds. The only theoretical attack I would even consider using instead of eliminate would be one that hits all enemies for a smaller amount of damage - and that because it could greatly speed up farming low-level areas.
@HephaestusNoir

With regards to eliminate vs. literally any other attack, I have to disagree. A level 25 dragon with 126 strength can scratch+eliminate any non-boss in any zone except the Golem Workshop. Nothing else even comes close to comparing. Two of them, with 2x ambush and enough speed, can practically finish the fight before the enemy even gets a single turn. Maybe it's not challenging or unique or exciting, but when you're just trying to get an exalt leveled to 7 or you're trying to gather enough Serthis potions to brew a gene, faster is better and having to think about elemental strength or waste turns meditating for breath is not appealing at all. The glass cannon build can finish most fights in less than ten seconds. The only theoretical attack I would even consider using instead of eliminate would be one that hits all enemies for a smaller amount of damage - and that because it could greatly speed up farming low-level areas.
unknown.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11