Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Rebalance
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@vorak

And that's all well and fair. But that's only feasible after you've gotten to the point where that's a working model. Ergo, after you can even equip an eliminate. Let alone use it to it's full capacity at 126 strength. I'm talking about moves you can use before you can equip Eliminate. Moves that can create a harder to oppose dragon in the rank battles because it's build and effects don't bode well for a glass cannon.

Furthermore, I'm not talking about abilities that make leveling exalt fodder easier. I freely admit that eliminate can and does get the job done. My point in all of this is EXACTLY what you mentioned. Fixing the fact that there is nothing really unique or exciting about high damage physical dragons. If all that anyone wants is a high damage-lvl farming-glass cannon of a dragon, then this entire post is pointless cause it's already available. It can be made easier, but it's already there. The post itself is about making the coli more various and making the options that are there more fun and exciting.

So leave Eliminate as the RYNO attack. But add attacks that can build up into a really strong dragon for starting players or people trying to make a new dragon build or team from scratch.
@vorak

And that's all well and fair. But that's only feasible after you've gotten to the point where that's a working model. Ergo, after you can even equip an eliminate. Let alone use it to it's full capacity at 126 strength. I'm talking about moves you can use before you can equip Eliminate. Moves that can create a harder to oppose dragon in the rank battles because it's build and effects don't bode well for a glass cannon.

Furthermore, I'm not talking about abilities that make leveling exalt fodder easier. I freely admit that eliminate can and does get the job done. My point in all of this is EXACTLY what you mentioned. Fixing the fact that there is nothing really unique or exciting about high damage physical dragons. If all that anyone wants is a high damage-lvl farming-glass cannon of a dragon, then this entire post is pointless cause it's already available. It can be made easier, but it's already there. The post itself is about making the coli more various and making the options that are there more fun and exciting.

So leave Eliminate as the RYNO attack. But add attacks that can build up into a really strong dragon for starting players or people trying to make a new dragon build or team from scratch.
@HephaestusNoir If you're talking about PvP battles, I suggest clarifying that because PvP and PvE are two very different things. I don't PvP at all so I won't say anything about builds or abilities meant for that. Eliminate only requires level 7. I'll grant that scratch-scratch-scratch for six levels is repetitive, but doesn't really take that long to go through - especially with a healer. The only stumbling block is the market price, but that's an economy issue and not a Coli issue. I just don't see a need for a move like you're describing. I agree with DragonSage here: [quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-12-04 16:22:57] The reason I suggest raising the elemental attacks to the same level as eliminate instead of introducing a new physical attack is the current low level physical attacks are rarely used so its unlikely a middle attack between the elemental slashes and eliminate would be used because eliminate is far superior.[/quote] I'm also kind of confused as to what exactly you want to get out of the coli if not leveling exalts or farming for drops.
@HephaestusNoir

If you're talking about PvP battles, I suggest clarifying that because PvP and PvE are two very different things. I don't PvP at all so I won't say anything about builds or abilities meant for that.

Eliminate only requires level 7. I'll grant that scratch-scratch-scratch for six levels is repetitive, but doesn't really take that long to go through - especially with a healer. The only stumbling block is the market price, but that's an economy issue and not a Coli issue. I just don't see a need for a move like you're describing. I agree with DragonSage here:
DragonSage wrote on 2015-12-04:
The reason I suggest raising the elemental attacks to the same level as eliminate instead of introducing a new physical attack is the current low level physical attacks are rarely used so its unlikely a middle attack between the elemental slashes and eliminate would be used because eliminate is far superior.

I'm also kind of confused as to what exactly you want to get out of the coli if not leveling exalts or farming for drops.

unknown.png
@Vorak Granted about the Eliminate level. For some reason I was getting it mixed up with the lvl 17 augment stone Berserker. But it still doesn't change my other points on having more options available. [quote name="Vorak" date=2015-12-05 04:53:23] @HephaestusNoir If you're talking about PvP battles, I suggest clarifying that because PvP and PvE are two very different things. I don't PvP at all so I won't say anything about builds or abilities meant for that. I'm also kind of confused as to what exactly you want to get out of the coli if not leveling exalts or farming for drops. [/quote] I'm talking about the coliseum in general. And what I want out of the coliseum is to enjoy it more. I enjoy the leveling and testing out different stat distributions and seeing my dragons get stronger. Yes I level exalt fodder and fsrm for drops, but it's not the only reason I do it. I just enjoy the fighting and am looking for more ways to be able to enjoy it.
@Vorak

Granted about the Eliminate level. For some reason I was getting it mixed up with the lvl 17 augment stone Berserker. But it still doesn't change my other points on having more options available.
Vorak wrote on 2015-12-05:
@HephaestusNoir

If you're talking about PvP battles, I suggest clarifying that because PvP and PvE are two very different things. I don't PvP at all so I won't say anything about builds or abilities meant for that.

I'm also kind of confused as to what exactly you want to get out of the coli if not leveling exalts or farming for drops.

I'm talking about the coliseum in general.

And what I want out of the coliseum is to enjoy it more. I enjoy the leveling and testing out different stat distributions and seeing my dragons get stronger. Yes I level exalt fodder and fsrm for drops, but it's not the only reason I do it. I just enjoy the fighting and am looking for more ways to be able to enjoy it.
@HephaestusNoir

Yeah, that;s why I thought damage-soaking abilities/stones and the like would work in favor over just nerfing Eliminate. I'm pretty sure the only ability I suggested to nerf was Ambush, and only for PvP matches. That or buffing magical attacks, because as @Vorak said, they in NO WAY can ever compare to the damage (and utility! Death is always a better crowd control than anything else) that Eliminate brings.
@HephaestusNoir

Yeah, that;s why I thought damage-soaking abilities/stones and the like would work in favor over just nerfing Eliminate. I'm pretty sure the only ability I suggested to nerf was Ambush, and only for PvP matches. That or buffing magical attacks, because as @Vorak said, they in NO WAY can ever compare to the damage (and utility! Death is always a better crowd control than anything else) that Eliminate brings.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
Yeah, I definitely feel like Eliminate should stay. Don't shoot the winning race horse to make the race better.
Yeah, I definitely feel like Eliminate should stay. Don't shoot the winning race horse to make the race better.
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-06-11 16:48:50]Perhaps some ability stones that take in account both strength an intelligence when it comes to calculating damage--this would allow for some more ‘Well rounded’ stat builds.[/quote] A stone that works with strength and intelligence would be great for a dragon build I'm toying with ([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=512&tab=dragon&did=9459828]AutumnBreeze[/url] is the only 25 I have with the general idea of the build, but more are in the works).
DragonSage wrote on 2015-06-11:
Perhaps some ability stones that take in account both strength an intelligence when it comes to calculating damage--this would allow for some more ‘Well rounded’ stat builds.

A stone that works with strength and intelligence would be great for a dragon build I'm toying with (AutumnBreeze is the only 25 I have with the general idea of the build, but more are in the works).
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@warriorjames

What are you thinking of, exactly? I'm still unsure of how mixed-stat ability stones would even work.

Unless, now that I'm thinking about it, this could be a good thing for the elemental slashes. Elemental slashes do their damage based on a dragon's strength, I believe, and are resisted by defense. But they do flight-based damage.

It would be kind of cool if these slashes had the ability to scale with both intelligence and strength, since they already "basically" do mixed damage.

Maybe more powerful physical flight-based abilities... Hmmm.
@warriorjames

What are you thinking of, exactly? I'm still unsure of how mixed-stat ability stones would even work.

Unless, now that I'm thinking about it, this could be a good thing for the elemental slashes. Elemental slashes do their damage based on a dragon's strength, I believe, and are resisted by defense. But they do flight-based damage.

It would be kind of cool if these slashes had the ability to scale with both intelligence and strength, since they already "basically" do mixed damage.

Why does air even come in different temperatures?
[quote name="Varric" date=2015-12-11 15:06:42] @ warriorjames What are you thinking of, exactly? I'm still unsure of how mixed-stat ability stones would even work. Unless, now that I'm thinking about it, this could be a good thing for the elemental slashes. Elemental slashes do their damage based on a dragon's strength, I believe, and are resisted by defense. But they do flight-based damage. It would be kind of cool if these slashes had the ability to scale with both intelligence and strength, since they already "basically" do mixed damage. Maybe more powerful physical flight-based abilities... Hmmm. [/quote] @Varric That's actually a good example. Elemental slashes would require some form of intellect to properly utilize the respective element. It makes sense, then, that the higher the intellect a dragon has the higher the elemental damage. Factor in Strength (how hard the dragon is physically hitting the opponent), and you have the elemental slash damage.
Varric wrote on 2015-12-11:
@ warriorjames

@Varric
That's actually a good example. Elemental slashes would require some form of intellect to properly utilize the respective element. It makes sense, then, that the higher the intellect a dragon has the higher the elemental damage. Factor in Strength (how hard the dragon is physically hitting the opponent), and you have the elemental slash damage.
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
@Varric
Something just dawned on me: The Crystal Pools has yet to be added to the first post. Plugging that in, couldn't the following take place?

Rainsong Forest: 19-20
Boreal Wood: 21-22
Crystal Pools: 23-24
Harpy's Roost: 25-26
Mire: 27-28
Kelp Beds: 29-30
Golem Workshop: 31-32

In this case there would be a 3 level difference...like back when the Harpy's Roost was the highest location you could fight in. Getting to 35 would still be a quest, just less of it.
@Varric
Something just dawned on me: The Crystal Pools has yet to be added to the first post. Plugging that in, couldn't the following take place?

Rainsong Forest: 19-20
Boreal Wood: 21-22
Crystal Pools: 23-24
Harpy's Roost: 25-26
Mire: 27-28
Kelp Beds: 29-30
Golem Workshop: 31-32

In this case there would be a 3 level difference...like back when the Harpy's Roost was the highest location you could fight in. Getting to 35 would still be a quest, just less of it.
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
Eughh I don't think I support increasing the level cap. Level 25 is hard enough to reach and the market for lvl 25's as well as levelling services is very good.
Eughh I don't think I support increasing the level cap. Level 25 is hard enough to reach and the market for lvl 25's as well as levelling services is very good.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11