Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why dodge needs to go - Admin Response!
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I'd be happy if dodges and critical hits just... Stopped
I'd be happy if dodges and critical hits just... Stopped
Friendly reminder to drink some water, do some stretches and remember that you are important and that you should take care of yourself.
full support. i end up thinking about this thread every single time i go into the coliseum, because every single time i get infuriated by the dodge rate!

a full removal of dodge would be ideal, but i'd also just love to have a reduction across the board, a per-attack dodge rate, ANYTHING. when the main source of income for a huge portion of this site comes from coliseum grinding, there should be a lot more focus put on making it a more enjoyable experience.

it's annoying in pokemon when your opponent spams double team over and over again (that's why that strategy is banned in competitions!), and it's just as annoying on flight rising.

if critical hits got removed too as a result, i'd be absolutely fine with that.
full support. i end up thinking about this thread every single time i go into the coliseum, because every single time i get infuriated by the dodge rate!

a full removal of dodge would be ideal, but i'd also just love to have a reduction across the board, a per-attack dodge rate, ANYTHING. when the main source of income for a huge portion of this site comes from coliseum grinding, there should be a lot more focus put on making it a more enjoyable experience.

it's annoying in pokemon when your opponent spams double team over and over again (that's why that strategy is banned in competitions!), and it's just as annoying on flight rising.

if critical hits got removed too as a result, i'd be absolutely fine with that.
YH6XsWX.gif
Support this completely. I'll just be owning it in the coliseum and then I get like five dodges in a row and I can't use eliminate anymore because they dodged it and I have to use scratch and take a ton of damage while doing so and every time they dodge I feel like yelling at the computer or squeeze my phone really hard in frustration
Support this completely. I'll just be owning it in the coliseum and then I get like five dodges in a row and I can't use eliminate anymore because they dodged it and I have to use scratch and take a ton of damage while doing so and every time they dodge I feel like yelling at the computer or squeeze my phone really hard in frustration
sorry if necro-ing, but full support for getting rid of dodge completely. i waited until the coli revamp was under way to see if my issues would be met, but it doesn't seem like they will be. at least on the surface. i've been on flight rising for over 4 years, nearing 5, and this has been my main and basically only notable complaint. dodge is awful and its welcome has been long overstayed. [quote]coli is a strategic RPG, so it needs dodge because...[/quote] what turn-based, level-based RPG have you played where once you hit the max level, you have any challenge fighting anything that isn't the small selection of end-game enemies? you wipe the floor with everything regardless of dodges in the game. and with weak enemies, if the game has an accuracy/dodge feature, it's purely random, annoying, and adds nothing but a time waster because they have no chance of defeating you. that's just the nature of the beast with level-based games. every JRPG ever is like this. the only difference is that once you hit max level, your playthrough is over barring DLC or an engaging post-game. we continue to use the coliseum after maxing out because it's updated with drops often and it's a good way to make money. and even then, it doesn't matter what you think it is or what it's advertised as; [b]coli is pure grinding. it will never be challenging after you max out.[/b] it's meant to train exalt fodder and grind for drops. dodge is 100% just an annoyance and there to keep an illusion of difficulty where there is none. [quote]dodge adds some variety/it makes coli not boring/etc[/quote] dodge doesn't make it "unpredictable" or "less boring." getting extremely frustrated doesn't translate to getting into it/not being bored, in fact i usually have to stop using coli altogether to calm down when dodge is stacking up too much (which is frequent; i use coli a lot), and i know i'm not the only one. i don't think anybody who says this actually finds dodge exciting or fun in any respect. [quote]eliminate will become overpowered without dodge![/quote] i really could care less if eliminate becomes "OP" as a result because... [b]eliminate was/is OP already.[/b] the only thing that could change that would be changing eliminate itself and/or implementing different, useful battle stones. or COMPLETELY changing coli which will never happen. coli has it's niche established already. dodge adds nothing to this equation beyond being an annoyance no matter what. also, eliminates have always been [i]ridiculously[/i] hard to come by and extremely expensive to purchase. like most, i'm a more "casual" user that makes most of my money through coli & taking art commissions. it took me [i]years[/i] to get two eliminate stones for my two offensive dragons. that in itself provides a nerf. for all the grinding it takes or for all the cost it takes to get it, i don't deserve to continuously miss and miss and miss and waste so much time. [b]if i overcame the massive challenge, i expect the massive reward.[/b] it's also ridiculous that our fully trained level 25s have to miss just as much with low level enemies. again, where is the "fun" "strategy" here? the enemy has no chance of beating you when it dies in 1-3 scratches, even if it dodges 50 times in a row. it's annoying. i don't think higher/max level enemies should dodge either. it, still, adds nothing to the actual strategy and team-building you're basically required to do with the later venues. it's just artificial difficulty and wastes your time by making you sigh in frustration as you restart your chain or just tab out to do something else because you're over it for the day. [quote]just make agility more useful/have dodged attacks inflict half damage/decrease the dodge rate but don't remove it 100%[/quote] i don't think any of these "alternatives" will change the concerns of people who just want dodge to be scrapped completely. make agility more useful? so, take away from the necessary strength points to put them into agility, so maybe, [i]maaaaybe[/i], you won't get screwed by RNG? you're still going to get stacked on. it doesn't matter, because when you put points into agility outside of assuring your first move, you're purely putting points into a luck stat. you'll just have a weaker dragon that kills at a slower rate, and maybe a little bit of let-up on the dodge stacking. maybe. doesn't sound fun at all. inflict half damage when dodged? a little better, but it still adds no semblance of strategy, fun, whatever. still just random dumb luck and a waste of time. maybe this would be...sort of okay in later venues, but when the enemy can't kill you regardless, there's ultimately no point. "decreasing the dodge rate" is, again, useless. it's luck based and this really doesn't do anything except [i]maybe[/i] make it a [i]little[/i] less bad. having it so you don't lose breath or losing less breath when the eliminate misses...doesn't do anything either. people still find that "OP" and it's still just annoying and a bit of a smaller waste of time. [quote]then critical hits have to be removed too![/quote] sure, get rid of them. they're artificial difficulty as well and don't add anything to the coli experience either. [quote]but it's just like pokemon![/quote] it really isn't. but that wouldn't make it good or useful. i'm an avid follower of competitive pokemon battling, and literally nobody i pay attention to is a fan of pokemon's random dodge RNG (even though it is significantly lower than FR's). an evasion clause is in place to prevent players from exploiting dodge RNG because it's what? [b]cheap, annoying, and adds nothing to the actual gameplay. it's 100% pure dumb luck.[/b] just like it is in the coliseum. also, in normal pokemon gameplay, when the AI of some low-level enemy spams protects or sand attacks or anything that gets you to miss, does that add strategy or fun? no. you KNOW the enemy has no chance of actually beating you because you're so strong, it's just annoying, bad AI. it'll either die when you finally hit it or you just switch to something else to kill it. again, though, pokemon and the FR coliseum are completely different things so the comparison isn't really apt, though both do have annoying dodge features of their own. in conclusion, we all know coli is for grinding. if you want to play a game with fun unpredictability then go play a video game that isn't turn-based or level-based. nobody who actually plays level or turn-based games regularly likes dumb luck being thrown in even if you feel some minutiae of satisfaction when the enemy misses you. i think this covers most of my personal issues with dodge.
sorry if necro-ing, but full support for getting rid of dodge completely. i waited until the coli revamp was under way to see if my issues would be met, but it doesn't seem like they will be. at least on the surface.

i've been on flight rising for over 4 years, nearing 5, and this has been my main and basically only notable complaint. dodge is awful and its welcome has been long overstayed.
Quote:
coli is a strategic RPG, so it needs dodge because...

what turn-based, level-based RPG have you played where once you hit the max level, you have any challenge fighting anything that isn't the small selection of end-game enemies? you wipe the floor with everything regardless of dodges in the game. and with weak enemies, if the game has an accuracy/dodge feature, it's purely random, annoying, and adds nothing but a time waster because they have no chance of defeating you. that's just the nature of the beast with level-based games. every JRPG ever is like this. the only difference is that once you hit max level, your playthrough is over barring DLC or an engaging post-game.

we continue to use the coliseum after maxing out because it's updated with drops often and it's a good way to make money.

and even then, it doesn't matter what you think it is or what it's advertised as; coli is pure grinding. it will never be challenging after you max out. it's meant to train exalt fodder and grind for drops. dodge is 100% just an annoyance and there to keep an illusion of difficulty where there is none.

Quote:
dodge adds some variety/it makes coli not boring/etc

dodge doesn't make it "unpredictable" or "less boring." getting extremely frustrated doesn't translate to getting into it/not being bored, in fact i usually have to stop using coli altogether to calm down when dodge is stacking up too much (which is frequent; i use coli a lot), and i know i'm not the only one. i don't think anybody who says this actually finds dodge exciting or fun in any respect.

Quote:
eliminate will become overpowered without dodge!

i really could care less if eliminate becomes "OP" as a result because... eliminate was/is OP already. the only thing that could change that would be changing eliminate itself and/or implementing different, useful battle stones. or COMPLETELY changing coli which will never happen. coli has it's niche established already. dodge adds nothing to this equation beyond being an annoyance no matter what.

also, eliminates have always been ridiculously hard to come by and extremely expensive to purchase. like most, i'm a more "casual" user that makes most of my money through coli & taking art commissions. it took me years to get two eliminate stones for my two offensive dragons. that in itself provides a nerf. for all the grinding it takes or for all the cost it takes to get it, i don't deserve to continuously miss and miss and miss and waste so much time. if i overcame the massive challenge, i expect the massive reward.

it's also ridiculous that our fully trained level 25s have to miss just as much with low level enemies. again, where is the "fun" "strategy" here? the enemy has no chance of beating you when it dies in 1-3 scratches, even if it dodges 50 times in a row. it's annoying.

i don't think higher/max level enemies should dodge either. it, still, adds nothing to the actual strategy and team-building you're basically required to do with the later venues. it's just artificial difficulty and wastes your time by making you sigh in frustration as you restart your chain or just tab out to do something else because you're over it for the day.

Quote:
just make agility more useful/have dodged attacks inflict half damage/decrease the dodge rate but don't remove it 100%

i don't think any of these "alternatives" will change the concerns of people who just want dodge to be scrapped completely.

make agility more useful? so, take away from the necessary strength points to put them into agility, so maybe, maaaaybe, you won't get screwed by RNG? you're still going to get stacked on. it doesn't matter, because when you put points into agility outside of assuring your first move, you're purely putting points into a luck stat. you'll just have a weaker dragon that kills at a slower rate, and maybe a little bit of let-up on the dodge stacking. maybe. doesn't sound fun at all.

inflict half damage when dodged? a little better, but it still adds no semblance of strategy, fun, whatever. still just random dumb luck and a waste of time. maybe this would be...sort of okay in later venues, but when the enemy can't kill you regardless, there's ultimately no point.

"decreasing the dodge rate" is, again, useless. it's luck based and this really doesn't do anything except maybe make it a little less bad.

having it so you don't lose breath or losing less breath when the eliminate misses...doesn't do anything either. people still find that "OP" and it's still just annoying and a bit of a smaller waste of time.

Quote:
then critical hits have to be removed too!

sure, get rid of them. they're artificial difficulty as well and don't add anything to the coli experience either.

Quote:
but it's just like pokemon!

it really isn't. but that wouldn't make it good or useful. i'm an avid follower of competitive pokemon battling, and literally nobody i pay attention to is a fan of pokemon's random dodge RNG (even though it is significantly lower than FR's). an evasion clause is in place to prevent players from exploiting dodge RNG because it's what? cheap, annoying, and adds nothing to the actual gameplay. it's 100% pure dumb luck. just like it is in the coliseum.

also, in normal pokemon gameplay, when the AI of some low-level enemy spams protects or sand attacks or anything that gets you to miss, does that add strategy or fun? no. you KNOW the enemy has no chance of actually beating you because you're so strong, it's just annoying, bad AI. it'll either die when you finally hit it or you just switch to something else to kill it.

again, though, pokemon and the FR coliseum are completely different things so the comparison isn't really apt, though both do have annoying dodge features of their own.

in conclusion, we all know coli is for grinding. if you want to play a game with fun unpredictability then go play a video game that isn't turn-based or level-based. nobody who actually plays level or turn-based games regularly likes dumb luck being thrown in even if you feel some minutiae of satisfaction when the enemy misses you. i think this covers most of my personal issues with dodge.
I fully support total removal of the dodge mechanic. There's no skill involved and dodging doesn't add anything worthwhile to spice up the mindless grind, all it does is cause frustration.
I fully support total removal of the dodge mechanic. There's no skill involved and dodging doesn't add anything worthwhile to spice up the mindless grind, all it does is cause frustration.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I'd rather dodging not be removed completely. Same for crits. I can't count how many times a lucky dodge saved me against a boss, and it's always nice to see my team pull through one fight more than I should've gambled.
I'd rather dodging not be removed completely. Same for crits. I can't count how many times a lucky dodge saved me against a boss, and it's always nice to see my team pull through one fight more than I should've gambled.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
The only way I could support dodge being removed entirely is if they also removed the breath refund of Eliminate.

I see many people acting as if the coliseum needs to be either all or nothing. IE, if there is a challenge, then the coli should be like an RPG in complication and strategy needed, other wise it needs to have NO challenge at all, nor anything to prevent botting/people simply grinding high levels with no worry about being KOed except for the occasional boss.

There IS a huge area inbetween those two extremes, and right now, I think that dodge fills that area. My only complaint about dodge is that there is no way to counter it, that it is completely up to RNG. I feel that in the case of RNG, less is more. A hint of RNG can spice things up, but too much becomes overbearing *looks at FV*.
The only way I could support dodge being removed entirely is if they also removed the breath refund of Eliminate.

I see many people acting as if the coliseum needs to be either all or nothing. IE, if there is a challenge, then the coli should be like an RPG in complication and strategy needed, other wise it needs to have NO challenge at all, nor anything to prevent botting/people simply grinding high levels with no worry about being KOed except for the occasional boss.

There IS a huge area inbetween those two extremes, and right now, I think that dodge fills that area. My only complaint about dodge is that there is no way to counter it, that it is completely up to RNG. I feel that in the case of RNG, less is more. A hint of RNG can spice things up, but too much becomes overbearing *looks at FV*.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
If they want the Coli to be a "challenge", they should divorce it completely from exalting and Dom.

It's true that fodder prices were 8kt without any battles going on. This is due to the Coli revamp, and we have no idea if these prices are going to be sticking around. Before the Coli revamp, the floor was at 6kt, and I was able to find 5k fodder almost every day with little effort. Unwanted dragons were not being removed from the system at the rate they were being hatched. That's a phenomenon we're going to see even more if the AGI changes make the Coli more frustrating. I'm predicting fodder prices will drop to 3kt (just above what you'd get for exalting a level 1) because the majority of people won't have time to train dozens of dragons in a day.

So I propose all dragons should be worth the same number of dominance points, whether they're level 1, level 5 or level 25. That way Dom enthusiasts won't get so tied up taking 20 minutes to train a single dragon, and can just mass-exalt freely.

"But Ridara, half the point of the Coli is to exalt for Dom!"

Precisely. The only reason I use the Coli at all is because I'm always on a low-key profit push. But make no mistake, Dom enthusiasts and profit exalters are going to be crippled by the AGI update whether my tongue-in-cheek "fix" is implemented or not.
If they want the Coli to be a "challenge", they should divorce it completely from exalting and Dom.

It's true that fodder prices were 8kt without any battles going on. This is due to the Coli revamp, and we have no idea if these prices are going to be sticking around. Before the Coli revamp, the floor was at 6kt, and I was able to find 5k fodder almost every day with little effort. Unwanted dragons were not being removed from the system at the rate they were being hatched. That's a phenomenon we're going to see even more if the AGI changes make the Coli more frustrating. I'm predicting fodder prices will drop to 3kt (just above what you'd get for exalting a level 1) because the majority of people won't have time to train dozens of dragons in a day.

So I propose all dragons should be worth the same number of dominance points, whether they're level 1, level 5 or level 25. That way Dom enthusiasts won't get so tied up taking 20 minutes to train a single dragon, and can just mass-exalt freely.

"But Ridara, half the point of the Coli is to exalt for Dom!"

Precisely. The only reason I use the Coli at all is because I'm always on a low-key profit push. But make no mistake, Dom enthusiasts and profit exalters are going to be crippled by the AGI update whether my tongue-in-cheek "fix" is implemented or not.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote]There is no way I can walk away from a loosing battle, gone awry from enemy dodges, and think to myself [i]I could have planned for that and prevented it, but I choose not to, and lost because of it.[/i] Even if dodge rates were lowered, every loosing battle will always be because of that one stupid unlucky dodge.[/quote] I think this is really important to consider. The RNG of dodge is unreliable at best when it comes to our own dragons. By my counts, enemies dodge a bit more frequently, and if it comes at a bad time that can mean a loss for my dragons. Re: Eliminate It's already OP. I just want it to be reliable.
Quote:
There is no way I can walk away from a loosing battle, gone awry from enemy dodges, and think to myself I could have planned for that and prevented it, but I choose not to, and lost because of it. Even if dodge rates were lowered, every loosing battle will always be because of that one stupid unlucky dodge.

I think this is really important to consider. The RNG of dodge is unreliable at best when it comes to our own dragons. By my counts, enemies dodge a bit more frequently, and if it comes at a bad time that can mean a loss for my dragons.

Re: Eliminate
It's already OP. I just want it to be reliable.
wq9PoXA.png
If we are going to remove dodge from enemies, it makes it poorly logic based. I mean come on. You are using an eliminate on an almost dying enemy, so of course it will try to save its life. Same goes with dragons.

No support removing dodging, support "stacked dodges"
If we are going to remove dodge from enemies, it makes it poorly logic based. I mean come on. You are using an eliminate on an almost dying enemy, so of course it will try to save its life. Same goes with dragons.

No support removing dodging, support "stacked dodges"
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25