Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Why dodge needs to go - Admin Response!
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
To me the lore part is minor in comparison to the overall gaming experience.

Total support for removing dodging.
Making players have to go through a couple of extra turns to kill the enemy doesn't make the game any more "balanced", it's simply annoying and make our life miserable.
To me the lore part is minor in comparison to the overall gaming experience.

Total support for removing dodging.
Making players have to go through a couple of extra turns to kill the enemy doesn't make the game any more "balanced", it's simply annoying and make our life miserable.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
Oml please. At the very least it needs to be lowered or adjusted. It seems like no matter what area you're in, the easier or hardest, you're in for at least one enemy dodge every ten turns, but it's usually more and it's so absurdly annoying. At least in a higher level area it would make sense the enemies there would be more difficult to hit, but for the easiest places? No other game I can think of uses the mechanic where it's the same odds no matter what level you are/area you're in.
Oml please. At the very least it needs to be lowered or adjusted. It seems like no matter what area you're in, the easier or hardest, you're in for at least one enemy dodge every ten turns, but it's usually more and it's so absurdly annoying. At least in a higher level area it would make sense the enemies there would be more difficult to hit, but for the easiest places? No other game I can think of uses the mechanic where it's the same odds no matter what level you are/area you're in.
I forget where I heard it said, but it stands here - adding time gives the ILLUSION of difficulty, rather than actual difficulty. If something takes ages it'll feel like some ordeal happened more than if it's quick, even if it's the exact same task padded out. You can see actual difficulty in stuff people have mentioned - trying to predict which enemy is going to use contuse vs. gather breath, if they're going to use a big attack or a small one, etc., or even the packs since pack variation makes a big difference in upper venues particularly. On the other hand, dodge has no strategy - it can be done by any enemy, as many times as they like, and there's no way to "charge up" a dodge that could signal you that it's a more likely possibility.

And the difference? Actual difficulty yields a sense of accomplishment, while fake time-based difficulty yields a sense of "oh THANK THE DRAGON DEITIES it's finally done with" or "MAN IT'S ABOUT TIME." Both might involve relief, but I dunno.. I'd go for the first one over the second two if it's something that happens on a regular basis.

However, I can understand wanting to keep SOME of the mechanic in, since grinding can already be taken down to a science save for the other RNG aspects like drop rate/packs. I'd support lessening the chance, or giving us a stat that can actually RELIABLY lower the dodge rate of enemies, or maybe something like Rally that can be applied to a dragon so their next attack doesn't miss. Having our dragons dodge is great but insufficient, especially since it's always a much lower rate than any of the enemies. Or, you know.. not allowing 4 dodges in a row by the same enemy for everything from Scratch to Contuse to Eliminate and regardless of your stats.

Also, I'd like to point out that I rarely if ever see lore brought up about the Coliseum until it can be used to justify opposition to a change people don't like, which is kind of a shame. I'm not hugely into Coliseum lore for the most part and I don't oppose it at all since I love the ideas people come up with, but I think if people are going to preach about how it's that important, it should be talked about in any factors, not just when it can be used as ammo to oppose a change somewhere. (And if people are worried about the lore aspect of something trying to dodge for its life.. then how would you explain the enemies who gather breath the entire time and never attack? Or enemies like the moths that would take a turn to just flap in the breeze? They're technically there to balance out other factors, but that'd have to be changed too, if you're operating under lore-based logic, yet I don't see anyone complaining about either of those.)
I forget where I heard it said, but it stands here - adding time gives the ILLUSION of difficulty, rather than actual difficulty. If something takes ages it'll feel like some ordeal happened more than if it's quick, even if it's the exact same task padded out. You can see actual difficulty in stuff people have mentioned - trying to predict which enemy is going to use contuse vs. gather breath, if they're going to use a big attack or a small one, etc., or even the packs since pack variation makes a big difference in upper venues particularly. On the other hand, dodge has no strategy - it can be done by any enemy, as many times as they like, and there's no way to "charge up" a dodge that could signal you that it's a more likely possibility.

And the difference? Actual difficulty yields a sense of accomplishment, while fake time-based difficulty yields a sense of "oh THANK THE DRAGON DEITIES it's finally done with" or "MAN IT'S ABOUT TIME." Both might involve relief, but I dunno.. I'd go for the first one over the second two if it's something that happens on a regular basis.

However, I can understand wanting to keep SOME of the mechanic in, since grinding can already be taken down to a science save for the other RNG aspects like drop rate/packs. I'd support lessening the chance, or giving us a stat that can actually RELIABLY lower the dodge rate of enemies, or maybe something like Rally that can be applied to a dragon so their next attack doesn't miss. Having our dragons dodge is great but insufficient, especially since it's always a much lower rate than any of the enemies. Or, you know.. not allowing 4 dodges in a row by the same enemy for everything from Scratch to Contuse to Eliminate and regardless of your stats.

Also, I'd like to point out that I rarely if ever see lore brought up about the Coliseum until it can be used to justify opposition to a change people don't like, which is kind of a shame. I'm not hugely into Coliseum lore for the most part and I don't oppose it at all since I love the ideas people come up with, but I think if people are going to preach about how it's that important, it should be talked about in any factors, not just when it can be used as ammo to oppose a change somewhere. (And if people are worried about the lore aspect of something trying to dodge for its life.. then how would you explain the enemies who gather breath the entire time and never attack? Or enemies like the moths that would take a turn to just flap in the breeze? They're technically there to balance out other factors, but that'd have to be changed too, if you're operating under lore-based logic, yet I don't see anyone complaining about either of those.)
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png