Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | online
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support. This would be really useful when trying to buy something from the user. I'm a bit impatient sometimes when trying to find a gems-for-treasure seller, I would love for them to be able to indicate when they are actually online!

Of course, support for the invisible option too.
Support. This would be really useful when trying to buy something from the user. I'm a bit impatient sometimes when trying to find a gems-for-treasure seller, I would love for them to be able to indicate when they are actually online!

Of course, support for the invisible option too.
lh5eiml.png
[quote name="Jacq" date="2015-02-14 09:27:08"]Support with an option to turn off. Also a "Last Online" in the user profile would be nice to see too. Then I could tell the difference between inactive users and those who just don't feed their dragons![/quote] That's a great idea! :) It would be really useful, when I'm searching for a certain dragon to buy. :) Support for the online/hidden/offline option and the Last Online option as well!
Jacq wrote on 2015-02-14 09:27:08:
Support with an option to turn off.

Also a "Last Online" in the user profile would be nice to see too. Then I could tell the difference between inactive users and those who just don't feed their dragons!

That's a great idea! :) It would be really useful, when I'm searching for a certain dragon to buy. :) Support for the online/hidden/offline option and the Last Online option as well!
Support ! As someone that lives in Europe I have a hard time knowing who's there and who's not. Particularily for the "wanted" dragons thread. Plus I'm always worried about people thinking I'm not interested anymore while I'm only sleeping... (FR +9H here). It'd really help me.
Support ! As someone that lives in Europe I have a hard time knowing who's there and who's not. Particularily for the "wanted" dragons thread. Plus I'm always worried about people thinking I'm not interested anymore while I'm only sleeping... (FR +9H here). It'd really help me.
Reworking clan lore
i'd like an opt-in feature for this!
i'd like an opt-in feature for this!
I quite like this idea
I quite like this idea
Sounds good to me, I support it!
Sounds good to me, I support it!
dczs3nl-43d2b676-fe43-4f56-8bfe-1eaf5f76b574.png
No support.

This community already has a few problems with entitlement. We still have problems with people who want control over dragons that aren't in their lair, as well as people who feel they're entitled to another person's time and attention. (ping harassment.) I'm afraid that making your online status visible will cause more problems than it solves.

There's folks saying "Make it opt-in" but here's the thing: We already have an opt-in Online Status system. You change your forum sig or the title of your sales thread to say whether you're online or not.
No support.

This community already has a few problems with entitlement. We still have problems with people who want control over dragons that aren't in their lair, as well as people who feel they're entitled to another person's time and attention. (ping harassment.) I'm afraid that making your online status visible will cause more problems than it solves.

There's folks saying "Make it opt-in" but here's the thing: We already have an opt-in Online Status system. You change your forum sig or the title of your sales thread to say whether you're online or not.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
It wouldn't be reliable, really.

When I get in from work (or get up, on days off) I put my computer on. Once Firefox is on, I'm 'online' on FR. That could be for 14 hours or more. I'm not actually using the site, but I would be considered 'online' according to having a tab there with the site loaded in it, logged in.

What happens when somebody messages me and it takes me four hours to see it because I've been mainlining a TV show, or drawing, or something else?

"Well, you were online."

Yeah, but I'm not beholden to people. I don't mind people knowing when I'm logged in (which is ... always, given phone/computer switching) but ... why do they need to know..? Does it matter to them? If they want to get ahold of me quickly FR isn't a reliable way to do this regardless of whether it says I'm online or not.

When I get in from work (or get up, on days off) I put my computer on. Once Firefox is on, I'm 'online' on FR. That could be for 14 hours or more. I'm not actually using the site, but I would be considered 'online' according to having a tab there with the site loaded in it, logged in.

What happens when somebody messages me and it takes me four hours to see it because I've been mainlining a TV show, or drawing, or something else?

"Well, you were online."

Yeah, but I'm not beholden to people. I don't mind people knowing when I'm logged in (which is ... always, given phone/computer switching) but ... why do they need to know..? Does it matter to them? If they want to get ahold of me quickly FR isn't a reliable way to do this regardless of whether it says I'm online or not.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date="2018-02-19 08:28:52" ] It wouldn't be reliable, really. When I get in from work (or get up, on days off) I put my computer on. Once Firefox is on, I'm 'online' on FR. That could be for 14 hours or more. I'm not actually using the site, but I would be considered 'online' according to having a tab there with the site loaded in it, logged in. What happens when somebody messages me and it takes me four hours to see it because I've been mainlining a TV show, or drawing, or something else? "Well, you were online." Yeah, but I'm not beholden to people. I don't mind people knowing when I'm logged in (which is ... always, given phone/computer switching) but ... why do they need to know..? Does it matter to them? If they want to get ahold of me quickly FR isn't a reliable way to do this regardless of whether it says I'm online or not. [/quote] This is sort of how I feel. For instance, I got up this morning, logged in, and then had to go to the store, I left FF up and running and was logged into FR that time. I even had baldwin tab open so that I could remember to check it. This would have given false 'online' signals because I wasn't online. I wasn't even at my computer at the time. Truthfully, I see few reasons, on gaming sites, why players NEED to know when another player is online or when they were last online. I understand sales and all that, but to me that isn't really a good enough reason (As I said on a gaming site) for that. If someone wants to let people know they are online, they will figure out ways to do so. I wouldn't mind if it were opt in so that people could put a little icon on their forum posts that said they were online, but I don't support 'last seen' or it being mandatory for everyone.
Greyjoy wrote on 2018-02-19 08:28:52:

"Well, you were online."

This is sort of how I feel.

For instance, I got up this morning, logged in, and then had to go to the store, I left FF up and running and was logged into FR that time. I even had baldwin tab open so that I could remember to check it. This would have given false 'online' signals because I wasn't online. I wasn't even at my computer at the time.

Truthfully, I see few reasons, on gaming sites, why players NEED to know when another player is online or when they were last online. I understand sales and all that, but to me that isn't really a good enough reason (As I said on a gaming site) for that. If someone wants to let people know they are online, they will figure out ways to do so.

I wouldn't mind if it were opt in so that people could put a little icon on their forum posts that said they were online, but I don't support 'last seen' or it being mandatory for everyone.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
no support lol it feels kind of invasive or something
no support lol it feels kind of invasive or something
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
1 2 3 4 5 6