Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | online
1 2 3 4 5 6
YASS I WANT THIS
YASS I WANT THIS
2 hrs ahead of FR time
As alwas with these suggestion only if its "opt in".

No one here needs to see the online status of another user. And if the user chooses too they can allready put online and offline into their profile/hoover text.
As alwas with these suggestion only if its "opt in".

No one here needs to see the online status of another user. And if the user chooses too they can allready put online and offline into their profile/hoover text.
I've never understood the purpose of this. Why do you need to know if someone's online or not? If they want to reply to you, they'll reply to you.
I've never understood the purpose of this. Why do you need to know if someone's online or not? If they want to reply to you, they'll reply to you.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Trix" date="2018-03-15 06:13:35" ] I've never understood the purpose of this. Why do you need to know if someone's online or not? If they want to reply to you, they'll reply to you. [/quote] This is the way I have always felt, truthfully. What is the difference between someone not being online to reply and someone being online but not replying besides the fact you can complain about them being online and not replying?
Trix wrote on 2018-03-15 06:13:35:
This is the way I have always felt, truthfully. What is the difference between someone not being online to reply and someone being online but not replying besides the fact you can complain about them being online and not replying?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support, thought I reiterate, only if there's an option to go invisible.
It'd be a useful addition, especially for checking availability of player services (breweries, art shops, sales threads etc.).
Support, thought I reiterate, only if there's an option to go invisible.
It'd be a useful addition, especially for checking availability of player services (breweries, art shops, sales threads etc.).
Salt
[quote name="Trix" date="2018-03-15 06:13:35" ] I've never understood the purpose of this. Why do you need to know if someone's online or not? If they want to reply to you, they'll reply to you. [/quote] [center][color=brown]ikr? like if someone wants to talk they will. i never liked websites that show that you're online especially if you have no choice to turn the option off. it could lead to harassment too lol. someone is online but ignores/doesn't see someone's message and the other person gets upset about it. no thanks.
ikr? like if someone wants to talk they will. i never liked websites that show that you're online especially if you have no choice to turn the option off. it could lead to harassment too lol. someone is online but ignores/doesn't see someone's message and the other person gets upset about it. no thanks.
[quote name="Trix" date="2018-03-15 06:13:35" ] I've never understood the purpose of this. Why do you need to know if someone's online or not? If they want to reply to you, they'll reply to you. [/quote] I think The use of this would come in with forum events and within guilds, sometimes if you're trying to send something to flight volunteers to get raffle tickets etc, you often have to go to an off site spreadsheet to see which volunteers are active to accept donations. Just the standard status indicator is all thats need; Online, Offline, Busy, Hidden And its a dropdown you select from. You can then see that in forums etc.

I think The use of this would come in with forum events and within guilds, sometimes if you're trying to send something to flight volunteers to get raffle tickets etc, you often have to go to an off site spreadsheet to see which volunteers are active to accept donations.

Just the standard status indicator is all thats need; Online, Offline, Busy, Hidden
And its a dropdown you select from. You can then see that in forums etc.
Thrash - FR +3
21400.png he/him or they/them 21401.png
Support! This would be nice. I like letting people know I'm online personally, I just like that interaction. I'd prefer for it to be automatic just like the "players online" list, because drop downs are essentially useless to forgetful people or people who are hopping on or off. I don't think the feature would get used much with a dropdown. However, I would expect it to only indicate you're online if you've been active in the last 10 minutes or similar. Otherwise it's just useless as I never log off and I use FR on my phone. And of course, you can turn it invisible in the settings.
Support! This would be nice. I like letting people know I'm online personally, I just like that interaction. I'd prefer for it to be automatic just like the "players online" list, because drop downs are essentially useless to forgetful people or people who are hopping on or off. I don't think the feature would get used much with a dropdown. However, I would expect it to only indicate you're online if you've been active in the last 10 minutes or similar. Otherwise it's just useless as I never log off and I use FR on my phone. And of course, you can turn it invisible in the settings.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
Sure as long as I can completely opt-out and hide myself. I don't want to give any more ammo to people who see me buying a dragon but not respond to their PMs and then harass me off site because of it. I personally am not here to be social, I'm here to dress my dragons up and then leave the tab open for days otherwise.
Sure as long as I can completely opt-out and hide myself. I don't want to give any more ammo to people who see me buying a dragon but not respond to their PMs and then harass me off site because of it. I personally am not here to be social, I'm here to dress my dragons up and then leave the tab open for days otherwise.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
I think that a compromise that I might be able to support would be only shown in the forums. That way you would only know they are online if they have posted in the forums. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any indication on their profile whether they are online or not.

I still don't believe that it is really any one's business whether I am online or not, and the few times it would be useful for others to know whether someone is online is really, in my opinion, not huge enough to inconvenience everyone else, especially those who don't want other players to know when they are online.

Also, in just about every thread that I have seen, most people who support this talk about forum shops, dom shops, and things like that.

It would still need to be something that players have to actively set to 'online' so players can still post, but not show up as online (sometimes I will post, then go to a different tab for a few hours, forgetting that I have posted) if they don't want to.
I think that a compromise that I might be able to support would be only shown in the forums. That way you would only know they are online if they have posted in the forums. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any indication on their profile whether they are online or not.

I still don't believe that it is really any one's business whether I am online or not, and the few times it would be useful for others to know whether someone is online is really, in my opinion, not huge enough to inconvenience everyone else, especially those who don't want other players to know when they are online.

Also, in just about every thread that I have seen, most people who support this talk about forum shops, dom shops, and things like that.

It would still need to be something that players have to actively set to 'online' so players can still post, but not show up as online (sometimes I will post, then go to a different tab for a few hours, forgetting that I have posted) if they don't want to.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6