Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Advertisement Solution
1 2 3 4 5 6
support. I doubt it would be implemented, but such support.
support. I doubt it would be implemented, but such support.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
No thank you.
No thank you.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
I made a similar post, actually. If they need additional revenue the people purchasing ads can just be added to the current pool, but gradually if they're making enough revenue from purchased ads, we'd see fewer and fewer external, then none.

I've seen other sites be very successful with this. Make them a gem shop purchase item for a high enough cost that people CAN grind gems for it, but we're forced to put more gems in the system.
End result? Festivals filled with ads advertising games and events. Ads linking to art shops, hatcheries, group projects.
It'd be wonderful.
I made a similar post, actually. If they need additional revenue the people purchasing ads can just be added to the current pool, but gradually if they're making enough revenue from purchased ads, we'd see fewer and fewer external, then none.

I've seen other sites be very successful with this. Make them a gem shop purchase item for a high enough cost that people CAN grind gems for it, but we're forced to put more gems in the system.
End result? Festivals filled with ads advertising games and events. Ads linking to art shops, hatcheries, group projects.
It'd be wonderful.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Definitely support the possibility for user ads, but I doubt that would be enough to generate constant revenue. I don't think FR will be able to permanently quit external ads.
Definitely support the possibility for user ads, but I doubt that would be enough to generate constant revenue. I don't think FR will be able to permanently quit external ads.
hPGHvDe.pngjPfUJ3r.png
[LF] Aqua Bellies | [LF]Nature-y Dragons | [ Fandragon Hub ]
CPx59tb.png
No support.

There will NOT be enough money generated from this to fund the cost of this game especially at the rate of how quickly this site is growing. If people onsite were actually willing to pay the hundreds of dollars for an ad, then maybe it would be an option but from the looks of it, a lot people aren't even willing to pay USD for simple art.

Plus you'd have to hire more staff, and that costs money too.
No support.

There will NOT be enough money generated from this to fund the cost of this game especially at the rate of how quickly this site is growing. If people onsite were actually willing to pay the hundreds of dollars for an ad, then maybe it would be an option but from the looks of it, a lot people aren't even willing to pay USD for simple art.

cataract_by_policide-d94252e.png
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2014-11-01 16:20:34"]No support, I don't think would be as effective for FR as the current system. I'm pretty sure Google or some other big-shot company is handling the ads, and they're based on browsing history, so you should be seeing things relevant to you. This kind of system would require more staff, and they would have to work harder to attract big-time advertisers.[/quote] [quote name="Decay" date="2014-11-04 14:56:53"]No support. There will NOT be enough money generated from this to fund the cost of this game especially at the rate of how quickly this site is growing. If people onsite were actually willing to pay the hundreds of dollars for an ad, then maybe it would be an option but from the looks of it, a lot people aren't even willing to pay USD for simple art. Plus you'd have to hire more staff, and that costs money too.[/quote] No support. These two said what I was thinking better then I could type up.
Crowbar wrote on 2014-11-01 16:20:34:
No support, I don't think would be as effective for FR as the current system. I'm pretty sure Google or some other big-shot company is handling the ads, and they're based on browsing history, so you should be seeing things relevant to you. This kind of system would require more staff, and they would have to work harder to attract big-time advertisers.
Decay wrote on 2014-11-04 14:56:53:
No support.

No support. These two said what I was thinking better then I could type up.
My Art Shop (CLOSED for now)
Why not project wonderful?

I have found that sites using them to have fewer problems with viruses and malware.

plus they aim a little more for the art/gaming demographic.
Why not project wonderful?

I have found that sites using them to have fewer problems with viruses and malware.

plus they aim a little more for the art/gaming demographic.
PdgyR10.png
That'd be pretty cool, actually.
That'd be pretty cool, actually.
zqDx8gm.png
@Pisces
Might I know why you feel this way? I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons. Once I get enough, I'm going to see if I can tug on the ear of an ad staffer on a few sites I've seen it work on, see what they're thoughts are.

@Ayeaka
That sounds like a really good idea actually.

@Decay
The people who are usually unwilling to pay USD for art are those who aren't usually aware of exactly what an artist puts into their art. And it's not so much hundreds of dollars; the yearly payment would only be around $200. I'm dirt poor and could swing that. It's the idea of an artist like me being able to advertise on yet another site, without the fuss of constant bumping. So long as I earn a minimum of 4 commissions over the year from advertising here, it works out for me. But a valid point none-the-less.

@StarrySpelunker
That is a very good idea. I may propose Project Wonderful to FR as an ad service alt if they don't take advantage of ours.
@Pisces
Might I know why you feel this way? I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons. Once I get enough, I'm going to see if I can tug on the ear of an ad staffer on a few sites I've seen it work on, see what they're thoughts are.

@Ayeaka
That sounds like a really good idea actually.

@Decay
The people who are usually unwilling to pay USD for art are those who aren't usually aware of exactly what an artist puts into their art. And it's not so much hundreds of dollars; the yearly payment would only be around $200. I'm dirt poor and could swing that. It's the idea of an artist like me being able to advertise on yet another site, without the fuss of constant bumping. So long as I earn a minimum of 4 commissions over the year from advertising here, it works out for me. But a valid point none-the-less.

@StarrySpelunker
That is a very good idea. I may propose Project Wonderful to FR as an ad service alt if they don't take advantage of ours.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."
sounds like pay to win to me, tbh

kinda unfair to the people without money to spend on dumb petsites
sounds like pay to win to me, tbh

kinda unfair to the people without money to spend on dumb petsites
J1Hn7rK.png
1 2 3 4 5 6