Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Advertisement Solution
1 2 3 4 5 6
So FR has struggled long with advertisement issues, and I think I have the solution:

Internal Advertising Solutions

Instead of adverts made by other companies that show off things that we don't need, forcefully redirect us to sites that are harmful for our computers, or just plain annoying advertisements, players of the site generate their own adverts!

So basically, a prospective advertiser on the site contacts an advertising staff member. Staff member asks for the ad (can be static or animated) and the page it's going to link to and payment based on set monthly rates. Advertiser pays and sends the requested info, staff member makes a hyperlinked image, and then throws it in the lineup.

The site benefits because staff members know exactly where the ads link to, and users see relevant ads. Plus, advertisers can show off art sites, craft stores, and even skin/accent threads and events! Even better, this is a system that's been in practice on multiple other sites! So we know it's successful.

Further Thoughts? Opinions?

For: 27
Against: 7
Compromise: 3
Votes: 37
Last user counted: oysterdust
So FR has struggled long with advertisement issues, and I think I have the solution:

Internal Advertising Solutions

Instead of adverts made by other companies that show off things that we don't need, forcefully redirect us to sites that are harmful for our computers, or just plain annoying advertisements, players of the site generate their own adverts!

So basically, a prospective advertiser on the site contacts an advertising staff member. Staff member asks for the ad (can be static or animated) and the page it's going to link to and payment based on set monthly rates. Advertiser pays and sends the requested info, staff member makes a hyperlinked image, and then throws it in the lineup.

The site benefits because staff members know exactly where the ads link to, and users see relevant ads. Plus, advertisers can show off art sites, craft stores, and even skin/accent threads and events! Even better, this is a system that's been in practice on multiple other sites! So we know it's successful.

Further Thoughts? Opinions?

For: 27
Against: 7
Compromise: 3
Votes: 37
Last user counted: oysterdust
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."
I think this is a great idea, it would be helpful to those who are on the site and seeking to get more attention for art or what have you. I think the team should do this ^u^
I think this is a great idea, it would be helpful to those who are on the site and seeking to get more attention for art or what have you. I think the team should do this ^u^
5701.png • sailor / he/him / adult
• feel free to ping me
• did you know: horses have 400,000 blood types?
I love it.
I'd even pay to have my Etsy and my 3D Commissions lineups posted up there promptly. Count me in.
I love it.
I'd even pay to have my Etsy and my 3D Commissions lineups posted up there promptly. Count me in.
RaffleSig_Full.png
That's not a bad idea. I'd definitely consider a slot. I support. ^_^
That's not a bad idea. I'd definitely consider a slot. I support. ^_^
Z3Lt3uB.png
Support.

I'd actually put my artisan stuff, which has only previously been sold locally, online and pay to advertise. I'm dying to pay off my school loans; I already make close to 2400 a year just from local sales....

I can't imagine that'd decrease if I got stuff going online....
Support.

I'd actually put my artisan stuff, which has only previously been sold locally, online and pay to advertise. I'm dying to pay off my school loans; I already make close to 2400 a year just from local sales....

I can't imagine that'd decrease if I got stuff going online....
Vago and Sakku and inanequiddity: Flight Rising's only legal 6 year olds.
Quote:
Why on earth would you name a dragon NachoCheesesteak??
(Quote by OwlFeatherPen)
I honestly think this is just a fabulous idea. I'd definitely rather see ads from FR users that link to their art sites, craft stores, etc. Not to mention it would just be one of those things that make the site nicer to look at. :P
I honestly think this is just a fabulous idea. I'd definitely rather see ads from FR users that link to their art sites, craft stores, etc. Not to mention it would just be one of those things that make the site nicer to look at. :P
Vb1TA3f.png
@Bright
And it'd support our community more; that said, it'd give a better outside appearance towards our support for the arts.
Something this place exudes a hatred of, in my opinion. xD
@Bright
And it'd support our community more; that said, it'd give a better outside appearance towards our support for the arts.
Something this place exudes a hatred of, in my opinion. xD
Vago and Sakku and inanequiddity: Flight Rising's only legal 6 year olds.
Quote:
Why on earth would you name a dragon NachoCheesesteak??
(Quote by OwlFeatherPen)
@Vago
Is there a lot of hatred? That's awful. I've only met people that really like arts here.

I love that this ad idea has such potential to support the arts, though, since I've always been a big supporter of all kinds of arts. Even though I'm going for a science career. XD
@Vago
Is there a lot of hatred? That's awful. I've only met people that really like arts here.

I love that this ad idea has such potential to support the arts, though, since I've always been a big supporter of all kinds of arts. Even though I'm going for a science career. XD
Vb1TA3f.png
Wow....so much support.
Wow....so much support.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
No support, I don't think would be as effective for FR as the current system. I'm pretty sure Google or some other big-shot company is handling the ads, and they're based on browsing history, so you should be seeing things relevant to you. This kind of system would require more staff, and they would have to work harder to attract big-time advertisers.
No support, I don't think would be as effective for FR as the current system. I'm pretty sure Google or some other big-shot company is handling the ads, and they're based on browsing history, so you should be seeing things relevant to you. This kind of system would require more staff, and they would have to work harder to attract big-time advertisers.
1 2 3 4 5 6