Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 149 150
[quote name="lexavian" date=2015-12-16 21:25:41] [quote name="GinaNeko" date=2015-12-16 21:16:22] I'm not sure if this was brought up or not, but how would this work with skins and accents? Would a female pose-changed dragon be able to wear accents and skins made for the male of the breed? Or, like eternal youth dragons, would they be unable to wear those? With that being my only concern, I still support. [/quote] Huh I hadn't thought of that. More likely than not, the coding to allow them to wear things like accents and skins would be based off sex in such a way that they probably would have to completely rewrite how accents and skins work to allow them to be worn by differently posed dragons. Which is possible but if they were to implement reverse posing, they would probably just not allow them to wear accents and skins. [/quote] It may also be as simple as changing the coding portion that essentially states 'restrict to X sex and Y breed' to something that means 'restrict to X image pose and Y breed.' However if its not as simple as that, restricting them from accents/skins is a fair trade off.
lexavian wrote on 2015-12-16:
GinaNeko wrote on 2015-12-16:
I'm not sure if this was brought up or not, but how would this work with skins and accents? Would a female pose-changed dragon be able to wear accents and skins made for the male of the breed? Or, like eternal youth dragons, would they be unable to wear those?

With that being my only concern, I still support.
Huh I hadn't thought of that. More likely than not, the coding to allow them to wear things like accents and skins would be based off sex in such a way that they probably would have to completely rewrite how accents and skins work to allow them to be worn by differently posed dragons. Which is possible but if they were to implement reverse posing, they would probably just not allow them to wear accents and skins.

It may also be as simple as changing the coding portion that essentially states 'restrict to X sex and Y breed' to something that means 'restrict to X image pose and Y breed.' However if its not as simple as that, restricting them from accents/skins is a fair trade off.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Okay, I read through the entire thread and it's just laughable how every three pages someone brings up the same arguments against this suggestion no matter how many times some blessedly patient people explains to them why those arguments are non-issues, and miraculously manage to do so without outright calling these people out on being illiterate.

@SmilingVirus
How the heck would you or princen know how the site is even coded? As has been brought up at least three times already, depending on the code it could be as easy as a five minute fix.

The breed ing system would in NO WAY be affected. At all. Male dragons still breed as male dragons, even if they have the artwork for a female dragon. It's 100% aesthetic. Like a skin. A skin that flips the dragon's artwork to that of the opposite gender, without touching the underlying gender data.

If it's not already obvious, I support this suggestion. Not because of my own sexuality or gender (cishet), not because of RP (hasn't touched that stuff in years), not because of lore (though I did breed change as part of lore once, so why the heck not) but because I just really like some artwork more than others. Heck, even when I'm okay with the general artwork for both genders in a breed chances are one is going to look better in irishim than the other.

If we can shell out the gems to make a dragon eternally youthful (and thus useless for everything except looking at) then I'm pretty damn sure there will be plenty enough of us paying just to get the opposite gender art. Like so many naysayers have said: this is a dragon breeding site. Wanting pretty dragons is what most of us strive for. This suggestion is 100% in line with that kind of thinking and is far less "problematic for breeding" than eternally youthful dragons. Seriously. Those are bad for breeding. They can't breed at all. Doesn't stop people from getting them.
Okay, I read through the entire thread and it's just laughable how every three pages someone brings up the same arguments against this suggestion no matter how many times some blessedly patient people explains to them why those arguments are non-issues, and miraculously manage to do so without outright calling these people out on being illiterate.

@SmilingVirus
How the heck would you or princen know how the site is even coded? As has been brought up at least three times already, depending on the code it could be as easy as a five minute fix.

The breed ing system would in NO WAY be affected. At all. Male dragons still breed as male dragons, even if they have the artwork for a female dragon. It's 100% aesthetic. Like a skin. A skin that flips the dragon's artwork to that of the opposite gender, without touching the underlying gender data.

If it's not already obvious, I support this suggestion. Not because of my own sexuality or gender (cishet), not because of RP (hasn't touched that stuff in years), not because of lore (though I did breed change as part of lore once, so why the heck not) but because I just really like some artwork more than others. Heck, even when I'm okay with the general artwork for both genders in a breed chances are one is going to look better in irishim than the other.

If we can shell out the gems to make a dragon eternally youthful (and thus useless for everything except looking at) then I'm pretty damn sure there will be plenty enough of us paying just to get the opposite gender art. Like so many naysayers have said: this is a dragon breeding site. Wanting pretty dragons is what most of us strive for. This suggestion is 100% in line with that kind of thinking and is far less "problematic for breeding" than eternally youthful dragons. Seriously. Those are bad for breeding. They can't breed at all. Doesn't stop people from getting them.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
No offense no support , just make a gender swap scroll and it won't be useless and you can also be more close to your perfect dragon that way
It's too hilarious to even think about a male dragon having the female artwork...
Dragon pride ? xD ...
No offense no support , just make a gender swap scroll and it won't be useless and you can also be more close to your perfect dragon that way
It's too hilarious to even think about a male dragon having the female artwork...
Dragon pride ? xD ...
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko1_100.pngnLzgYli.gif
Support. As the OP has stated, this has absolutely no impact on breeding. It is merely a cosmetic change. The art already exists, and I see no issue with this.
Support. As the OP has stated, this has absolutely no impact on breeding. It is merely a cosmetic change. The art already exists, and I see no issue with this.
IM LEAVING FR. SEE THIS THREAD FOR DRAGONS: LORE, LVL 25, etc
I think this is a good compromise for those who want a sex change scroll, it works in a similar fashion that won't require a huge revamp of the breeding system. And for others it may help with the fact that some people prefer the art for females and not males or vice versa.
I think this is a good compromise for those who want a sex change scroll, it works in a similar fashion that won't require a huge revamp of the breeding system. And for others it may help with the fact that some people prefer the art for females and not males or vice versa.
65d976aaca38aa0652d6a6bdf8831a59ecf03774.gif
I love this idea, I'd like to have some female imperials around, but I don't like their position, same for male snappers.
I love this idea, I'd like to have some female imperials around, but I don't like their position, same for male snappers.
lifebanner500x100_copy_by_brushtail_thegreat-dc4w15c.gif
Totally support this! I'd like some translations, and lie you said, some art is nicer than others!
Totally support this! I'd like some translations, and lie you said, some art is nicer than others!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Support!

I dislike several of the gender poses and would welcome this change. I don't mind the "beards" at all
Support!

I dislike several of the gender poses and would welcome this change. I don't mind the "beards" at all

2m8OtBE.png

CURRENTLY WORKING ON WARNING LIGHT SUBSPECIES BREEDING PROJECT.
Support! I like some gender art better than others as well, & this would open up a lot of possibilities for trans dragons.
Support! I like some gender art better than others as well, & this would open up a lot of possibilities for trans dragons.
zVq7r5uT_o.png
Im a huge supporter for this, my desire for gender-change scrolls has always simply been because I prefer one gender's art over the other's but its often hard to find the right colors/genes for the gender youre hoping for (especially if youre a gen1 enthusiast).

I feel like this would be a fantastic option for those of us that would just prefer to switch the art for a few of our dragons, and since it wouldnt impact breeding at all, I feel like this would be a MUCH simpler change to implement.
Im a huge supporter for this, my desire for gender-change scrolls has always simply been because I prefer one gender's art over the other's but its often hard to find the right colors/genes for the gender youre hoping for (especially if youre a gen1 enthusiast).

I feel like this would be a fantastic option for those of us that would just prefer to switch the art for a few of our dragons, and since it wouldnt impact breeding at all, I feel like this would be a MUCH simpler change to implement.
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 149 150