Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Artisans - a new mode of gameplay
1 2 3 4 5
Edited to Add - I've written how I personally envisage game play for this on page 3. I am very open to suggestions in case I've missed anything out or got something mixed up!

Note - I don't suggest this to replace the proposed crafting aspect, but to run alongside it. I also understand that there is a queue of issues a mile long that need work / resolving / release before anything new comes along.

This would be another way to gather / create items or treasure by using up the materials in your hoard. I think the economy could stand it and to start with there would be minimum need for new artwork. It would also give a role to dragons in your lair other than your coli team which would be an extra framework to build RP on if that's how you play.

Have designated "Artisan" dragons in your lair which increase their skills as they level up. They use materials from your hoard to create items of a higher value than those materials which they can then barter directly, or sell for treasure. You have the option of keeping the items or bartering, the item or treasure you get in return is randomly chosen from a small pool of equivalent value items (a bit like gathering). The number of hoard items used and the value of what you get in return goes up as you level up.

For example "Jorah has used 3 Iron Ores, 3 Sands and 3 Pine Logs from your store and created an Iron Cauldron which she has bartered in the Trading Post for 1 Silver Ore"

"Jonas has used 5 Sanded Cedar Planks to create a Chest which he has sold for 1200 treasure"

"Cyril has used 8 Skirmisher Scraps and 15 Tiny Feathers to create a fine Quilt which he sold for 2 gems"

Very occasionally, dragons of high levels could create a limited item. It would be nice to eventually have an exclusive range of items for this but there are plenty of rare drop items already which would fit the bill. Since this would be an occasional drop, it shouldn't dilute the rarity of the items too much or at all.

Potential Artisan roles could be - Blacksmith, Jeweller, Weaver, Herbalist, Tailor, Carpenter, Stonemason, Potter.

Potential levels could be 1-8 Apprentice, 9-15 Journeyman, 16-22 Guildsmember, 23-24 Artisan, 25 Master.

An apprentice Potter would produce lower value items such as pottery shards or broken clay pots, gradually working their way up to Mastercrafter who would have a larger likelihood of producing porcelain jars or even new items (eventually).

It would be interesting, give another small source of income for people who can't access coli or fairgrounds due to internet issues or time constraints and would eventually give collectors another range of limited items to collect - either through creating them themselves or buying them on the AH.
Edited to Add - I've written how I personally envisage game play for this on page 3. I am very open to suggestions in case I've missed anything out or got something mixed up!

Note - I don't suggest this to replace the proposed crafting aspect, but to run alongside it. I also understand that there is a queue of issues a mile long that need work / resolving / release before anything new comes along.

This would be another way to gather / create items or treasure by using up the materials in your hoard. I think the economy could stand it and to start with there would be minimum need for new artwork. It would also give a role to dragons in your lair other than your coli team which would be an extra framework to build RP on if that's how you play.

Have designated "Artisan" dragons in your lair which increase their skills as they level up. They use materials from your hoard to create items of a higher value than those materials which they can then barter directly, or sell for treasure. You have the option of keeping the items or bartering, the item or treasure you get in return is randomly chosen from a small pool of equivalent value items (a bit like gathering). The number of hoard items used and the value of what you get in return goes up as you level up.

For example "Jorah has used 3 Iron Ores, 3 Sands and 3 Pine Logs from your store and created an Iron Cauldron which she has bartered in the Trading Post for 1 Silver Ore"

"Jonas has used 5 Sanded Cedar Planks to create a Chest which he has sold for 1200 treasure"

"Cyril has used 8 Skirmisher Scraps and 15 Tiny Feathers to create a fine Quilt which he sold for 2 gems"

Very occasionally, dragons of high levels could create a limited item. It would be nice to eventually have an exclusive range of items for this but there are plenty of rare drop items already which would fit the bill. Since this would be an occasional drop, it shouldn't dilute the rarity of the items too much or at all.

Potential Artisan roles could be - Blacksmith, Jeweller, Weaver, Herbalist, Tailor, Carpenter, Stonemason, Potter.

Potential levels could be 1-8 Apprentice, 9-15 Journeyman, 16-22 Guildsmember, 23-24 Artisan, 25 Master.

An apprentice Potter would produce lower value items such as pottery shards or broken clay pots, gradually working their way up to Mastercrafter who would have a larger likelihood of producing porcelain jars or even new items (eventually).

It would be interesting, give another small source of income for people who can't access coli or fairgrounds due to internet issues or time constraints and would eventually give collectors another range of limited items to collect - either through creating them themselves or buying them on the AH.
Attermire Scar
[center][img]http://www.netanimations.net/animated_neon_pulsing_heart.gif[/img][/center]
animated_neon_pulsing_heart.gif
25tdzx0.gif
This sounds super fun
This sounds super fun
sBdLZtA.png
Support.
Support.
Water Flight
This sounds really cool! Support!
This sounds really cool! Support!
yKAYGS9.png eWIwatT.png
mlHpBMC.png
xBEAdV6.png
fzM10XR.png
WKtl2lb.png
nWiQNX9.png
l8NOdbs.png
YMPbu9R.png
GR3q8ly.gif
Support.
Support.
1qad2pq.jpg
This sounds like it could work. ^-^ Support.
This sounds like it could work. ^-^ Support.
1009gIL.png
Oooooh I support this.
Oooooh I support this.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
Support 150%
Support 150%
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
The only thing I'd add is the ability to put a lock on certain materials to prevent them being used. If I am collecting something for a certain purpose (Swipp, Hoarding because I like it, etc), I'd be rather annoyed if it got used without my sayso
The only thing I'd add is the ability to put a lock on certain materials to prevent them being used. If I am collecting something for a certain purpose (Swipp, Hoarding because I like it, etc), I'd be rather annoyed if it got used without my sayso
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5