Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Artisans - a new mode of gameplay
1 2 3 4 5
@Butzefrau

He really does :P Though if I found a bogeyman under my bed who was that fluffy, I might just insist he gets ON the bed so I can keep my feet warm.
@Butzefrau

He really does :P Though if I found a bogeyman under my bed who was that fluffy, I might just insist he gets ON the bed so I can keep my feet warm.
Attermire Scar
@DunkTheBiscuit Knowing him, he would, too. c: My dragons have scary names, but the only ones that might be scary are the mirrors Morko and Bala, and they're much nicer than they look. ;P I'm super pumped for this jobs idea though, if you need any concept art for any features, I might be interested. I like contributing visuals for good ideas. :D
@DunkTheBiscuit Knowing him, he would, too. c: My dragons have scary names, but the only ones that might be scary are the mirrors Morko and Bala, and they're much nicer than they look. ;P I'm super pumped for this jobs idea though, if you need any concept art for any features, I might be interested. I like contributing visuals for good ideas. :D
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
Every single piece of my soul has been offered as support for this!
Every single piece of my soul has been offered as support for this!
ar_shop_sig_by_hanjamuffin-dazwfrr.png
@DunktheBiscuit What about other dragon career options? Because I really like the idea of giving every dragon a role, whether it's a smith of some sort, crafting things, or a service dragon!
What about a 'Sentry' role (a dragon that occasionally *gets* random drops, the same kind of drops they'd get from the coliseum, because they sighted an enemy and took it down? This might have to be a job that levels with the coliseum, a level 1 dragon will only get drops from the training fields, level 25 dragons could get drops from enemies all the way up to the kelp beds, at random? Not big drops, just little things).

Or a midwife dragon that somehow aids dragon hatching? (There was a suggestion once of a temperature control to manipulate whether more males or more females are likely to hatch from a nest, maybe the midwife dragon could be the user's way of maintaining that?).

How about a religious dragon that prays and preaches and occasionally gets small loot from deities? A clan might have to balance amongst itself to keep the loot-pickup dragons feeding the artisan dragons? The artisan dragons would probably have a shorter cooldown period? I just love the idea of dragons having jobs, I'd like to see a lot more of ideas like this!
@DunktheBiscuit What about other dragon career options? Because I really like the idea of giving every dragon a role, whether it's a smith of some sort, crafting things, or a service dragon!
What about a 'Sentry' role (a dragon that occasionally *gets* random drops, the same kind of drops they'd get from the coliseum, because they sighted an enemy and took it down? This might have to be a job that levels with the coliseum, a level 1 dragon will only get drops from the training fields, level 25 dragons could get drops from enemies all the way up to the kelp beds, at random? Not big drops, just little things).

Or a midwife dragon that somehow aids dragon hatching? (There was a suggestion once of a temperature control to manipulate whether more males or more females are likely to hatch from a nest, maybe the midwife dragon could be the user's way of maintaining that?).

How about a religious dragon that prays and preaches and occasionally gets small loot from deities? A clan might have to balance amongst itself to keep the loot-pickup dragons feeding the artisan dragons? The artisan dragons would probably have a shorter cooldown period? I just love the idea of dragons having jobs, I'd like to see a lot more of ideas like this!
@Butzefrau

I am also really taken with the idea of more roles for dragons to flesh out gameplay a bit more. At the moment, I often feel as though my coli team are the only dragons with any purpose in my lair and the rest are just egg production machines.

I expect the admins intend the game to grow as they have the time and resources to develop it further, so I hope more jobs and roles are some of the things they're considering. I would understand if it takes quite a long time to implement in order to keep everything balanced. I like a certain amount of randomness in play and the buzz of having achieved something I had to work towards, so I would hate to have the balance tip towards making things less challenging.

I would love a "Shaman" role. One who communes with the deities on behalf of the clan. They could randomly influence a player's luck through "meditating" once a day - either slightly increase a coli teams stats until the next rollover period, give an extra gathering turn, something small but fun. Would such a dragon commune with the deity of the clan they're with or the one of the nest they were born in? Or maybe just all of them at once?

And I keep thinking how much fun a cook would be. They would take a handful of insects and create... something. Slightly higher in food points. But surely, um, delicious. The names of the dishes, the artwork and the descriptions have much potential for hilarity, I think. Sick, twisted hilarity.
@Butzefrau

I am also really taken with the idea of more roles for dragons to flesh out gameplay a bit more. At the moment, I often feel as though my coli team are the only dragons with any purpose in my lair and the rest are just egg production machines.

I expect the admins intend the game to grow as they have the time and resources to develop it further, so I hope more jobs and roles are some of the things they're considering. I would understand if it takes quite a long time to implement in order to keep everything balanced. I like a certain amount of randomness in play and the buzz of having achieved something I had to work towards, so I would hate to have the balance tip towards making things less challenging.

I would love a "Shaman" role. One who communes with the deities on behalf of the clan. They could randomly influence a player's luck through "meditating" once a day - either slightly increase a coli teams stats until the next rollover period, give an extra gathering turn, something small but fun. Would such a dragon commune with the deity of the clan they're with or the one of the nest they were born in? Or maybe just all of them at once?

And I keep thinking how much fun a cook would be. They would take a handful of insects and create... something. Slightly higher in food points. But surely, um, delicious. The names of the dishes, the artwork and the descriptions have much potential for hilarity, I think. Sick, twisted hilarity.
Attermire Scar
@DunkTheBiscuit Oh yes! I agree! I like the idea of having dishes rather than just food points, you know? I list my dragons' favourite foods in their profiles, but it's kind of a shame their food supplies could be stocked entirely from things found in the training fields or something when their favourite dishes might be something else, you know?
I know there's one insect type that claims to be poisonous but all but a few dragon breeds, so what if they're not poisonous to Faes but are poisonous to everything else? Populating a food store with them could be a problem. :P It's a silly thing, but I would totally like to see individual foods be more important, I guess is what I'm saying? Also, being in the roleplay circle, I'm seeing a lot of warrior dragons and fighters and assassins, but not a whole lot of anything else. I really, -really- want to see dragons with a bigger variety of jobs! :D Like my inventor-dragon Awd, or my fashionista spirals!
@DunkTheBiscuit Oh yes! I agree! I like the idea of having dishes rather than just food points, you know? I list my dragons' favourite foods in their profiles, but it's kind of a shame their food supplies could be stocked entirely from things found in the training fields or something when their favourite dishes might be something else, you know?
I know there's one insect type that claims to be poisonous but all but a few dragon breeds, so what if they're not poisonous to Faes but are poisonous to everything else? Populating a food store with them could be a problem. :P It's a silly thing, but I would totally like to see individual foods be more important, I guess is what I'm saying? Also, being in the roleplay circle, I'm seeing a lot of warrior dragons and fighters and assassins, but not a whole lot of anything else. I really, -really- want to see dragons with a bigger variety of jobs! :D Like my inventor-dragon Awd, or my fashionista spirals!
@Butzefrau

After all, there are "dragon-made material"s in our hoards. So somewhere there must be dragon weavers (and therefore spinners), leatherworkers (and therefore tanners), glassworkers? Brewers? Wheelwrights? Someone is making all those cogs and gears in the steampunk wings :P

We have bardic apparel, so there must be bards; poet's lost supplies so there must be poets... somewhere. Dragon skalds wandering from clan to clan, staying put for a while to exchange tales and news for room, board and travelling supplies. I would love to see them in my lair 8D

I know that not all jobs and careers could possibly be included, but it's fun to speculate!

Lawd, I easily get hyped up at 2am lol
@Butzefrau

After all, there are "dragon-made material"s in our hoards. So somewhere there must be dragon weavers (and therefore spinners), leatherworkers (and therefore tanners), glassworkers? Brewers? Wheelwrights? Someone is making all those cogs and gears in the steampunk wings :P

We have bardic apparel, so there must be bards; poet's lost supplies so there must be poets... somewhere. Dragon skalds wandering from clan to clan, staying put for a while to exchange tales and news for room, board and travelling supplies. I would love to see them in my lair 8D

I know that not all jobs and careers could possibly be included, but it's fun to speculate!

Lawd, I easily get hyped up at 2am lol
Attermire Scar
@DunkTheBiscuit Now you have me thinking about the possibility of having wandering dragons stay over in your clan for a night or two if you have space, and then leaving behind a bit of treasure for your hospitality. c: I like that idea.

Also heck yeah dragon glassworkers. I want a fire flight dragon that just makes blown glass 'n such all day. nwn
@DunkTheBiscuit Now you have me thinking about the possibility of having wandering dragons stay over in your clan for a night or two if you have space, and then leaving behind a bit of treasure for your hospitality. c: I like that idea.

Also heck yeah dragon glassworkers. I want a fire flight dragon that just makes blown glass 'n such all day. nwn
Support! This sounds like fun c: I would need a "lock" feature for some items though so they wouldn't be able to get used or sold.
Support! This sounds like fun c: I would need a "lock" feature for some items though so they wouldn't be able to get used or sold.
This sounds so fun and it would be a great addition! It has potential to help the economy too! I support this!
This sounds so fun and it would be a great addition! It has potential to help the economy too! I support this!
XLjWLlD.png quinn | they/them | esports enthusiast | sig art by Rhea
1 2 3 4 5