Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let us discard/send off nests [+140 sup]
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[quote name="Strella" date="2021-10-14 20:47:06" ] Support! But I think it should only be available for ready to hatch nests! this is so people don't repeatedly breed and discard nests until they get a certain amount of eggs(primarily thinking of people wanting more eggs) while you couldn't do this with the same pair because of cooldown, you could breed other dragons. Or possibly make the nest unusable for a certain amount of time. [/quote] @Strella I actually really like this addition! I personally believe nest discarding should be a function of last resort, to undo an accidental breeding, rather than a feature of convenience. I think the last-day option would require some more retooling though, as an unwary user might click the big "hatch" button out of habit just because it's available. Maybe the hatch button should receive a y/n confirmation window, like gene applications? And to get to nest discarding, there would be a separate button, not attached in any way to the hatching window. As someone who never uses boons of fertility and often overlooks that little button, I'd argue a discard button should be immediately recognizable. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/59LjCLRz/Naamloos.png[/img]
Strella wrote on 2021-10-14 20:47:06:
Support! But I think it should only be available for ready to hatch nests! this is so people don't repeatedly breed and discard nests until they get a certain amount of eggs(primarily thinking of people wanting more eggs) while you couldn't do this with the same pair because of cooldown, you could breed other dragons.
Or possibly make the nest unusable for a certain amount of time.
@Strella I actually really like this addition! I personally believe nest discarding should be a function of last resort, to undo an accidental breeding, rather than a feature of convenience. I think the last-day option would require some more retooling though, as an unwary user might click the big "hatch" button out of habit just because it's available. Maybe the hatch button should receive a y/n confirmation window, like gene applications?

And to get to nest discarding, there would be a separate button, not attached in any way to the hatching window. As someone who never uses boons of fertility and often overlooks that little button, I'd argue a discard button should be immediately recognizable.

Naamloos.png
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Support but only if its when a nest is ready to hatch. You shouldnt be able to do it in order to be able to breed a different pair sooner imo, but use it more so as an option as "oh wait I don't actually want these babies". Also really like Mutation's mockup!
Support but only if its when a nest is ready to hatch. You shouldnt be able to do it in order to be able to breed a different pair sooner imo, but use it more so as an option as "oh wait I don't actually want these babies". Also really like Mutation's mockup!
ezgif.com-resize_3.gif ezgif.com-resize_4.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker_16.gif
I'm not sure if I've been here before, but always support!
I'm not sure if I've been here before, but always support!
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
[quote name="Strella" date="2021-10-14 20:47:06" ] Support! But I think it should only be available for ready to hatch nests! this is so people don't repeatedly breed and discard nests until they get a certain amount of eggs(primarily thinking of people wanting more eggs) while you couldn't do this with the same pair because of cooldown, you could breed other dragons. Or possibly make the nest unusable for a certain amount of time. [/quote] This sounds like reasonable argue to not allow infinity re-nest dragons (for Max fodder eggs forexample) I think this could be combined with bringing back "rotten eggs" IE if you want to discard the nest when you do it all eggs turned into rotten. Thus you still need incubate nest all 6 days but in the end it gives 0 hatchies!
Strella wrote on 2021-10-14 20:47:06:
Support! But I think it should only be available for ready to hatch nests! this is so people don't repeatedly breed and discard nests until they get a certain amount of eggs(primarily thinking of people wanting more eggs) while you couldn't do this with the same pair because of cooldown, you could breed other dragons.
Or possibly make the nest unusable for a certain amount of time.
This sounds like reasonable argue to not allow infinity re-nest dragons (for Max fodder eggs forexample)

I think this could be combined with bringing back "rotten eggs"
IE if you want to discard the nest when you do it all eggs turned into rotten. Thus you still need incubate nest all 6 days but in the end it gives 0 hatchies!

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I know this thread is old, but support!
I wasn't here when egg rot was implemented but I would like some more... "risk" to the game!
I know this thread is old, but support!
I wasn't here when egg rot was implemented but I would like some more... "risk" to the game!
ooSuhor.png
Support with caveats:

1) Make it so it's treasure to buy the option, and reset both parents to be able to immediately nest again. This should be able to be something anyone can achieve, by earning treasure.

2) Be able to immediately nest that pair again, via the Swiftbrood (I think the cooldown should be immediate, it's a gem item), add a Treasure version of Swiftbrood that is the half cooldown version.

3) The eggs never happened. They just never existed, and you are purchasing a redo. Limit of 1 per cooldown period. Or, limit of 1 per account per week or some such thing.

I do not like the whole send them to the deity, or punishing the account holder for using something like this in any way, manner, or form. Period. Simply, the eggs and nest never happened. If a person can't handle that, they can simply not do it.
Support with caveats:

1) Make it so it's treasure to buy the option, and reset both parents to be able to immediately nest again. This should be able to be something anyone can achieve, by earning treasure.

2) Be able to immediately nest that pair again, via the Swiftbrood (I think the cooldown should be immediate, it's a gem item), add a Treasure version of Swiftbrood that is the half cooldown version.

3) The eggs never happened. They just never existed, and you are purchasing a redo. Limit of 1 per cooldown period. Or, limit of 1 per account per week or some such thing.

I do not like the whole send them to the deity, or punishing the account holder for using something like this in any way, manner, or form. Period. Simply, the eggs and nest never happened. If a person can't handle that, they can simply not do it.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
Full support.
Full support.
YXuNUKh.gif u94F7n8.png
Support, especially for accidental nesting of dragons
Support, especially for accidental nesting of dragons
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
Support! And I love the lore idea that the eggs are given to the deity. It would make all the random eggs make far more sense than just coming from nowhere lol
Support! And I love the lore idea that the eggs are given to the deity. It would make all the random eggs make far more sense than just coming from nowhere lol
UkZZdGw.png Trading tigers!
Art Dragons for Sale!
Sales Tab
Wishlist
Please ping!
Hatchery>>> Untitled_Artwork.png
[quote name="Mutation" date="2021-10-15 06:35:28" ] And to get to nest discarding, there would be a separate button, not attached in any way to the hatching window. As someone who never uses boons of fertility and often overlooks that little button, I'd argue a discard button should be immediately recognizable. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/59LjCLRz/Naamloos.png[/img] [/quote] (Can't remember if I supported this already so SUPPORT AGAIN) This would be very lovely, it's completely separated from the usual buttons and it's clear with the added empty nest in it that this button is different in it's usability/action committed. If we were to get this option, it should be made exactly like this. New placement so we can't muscle memory click it and it needs to be very distinct in looks (the empty nest in it does that).
Mutation wrote on 2021-10-15 06:35:28:

And to get to nest discarding, there would be a separate button, not attached in any way to the hatching window. As someone who never uses boons of fertility and often overlooks that little button, I'd argue a discard button should be immediately recognizable.

Naamloos.png

(Can't remember if I supported this already so SUPPORT AGAIN)

This would be very lovely, it's completely separated from the usual buttons and it's clear with the added empty nest in it that this button is different in it's usability/action committed.

If we were to get this option, it should be made exactly like this. New placement so we can't muscle memory click it and it needs to be very distinct in looks (the empty nest in it does that).
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24