Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let us discard/send off nests [+140 sup]
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Also support! I wrote my own post befoer checking the compilations (woops) so please dont mind if i drop that post here:

I think it would be good to implement a feature where you can cancel a nest within five minutes of confirming a breeding pair on that nest.

Many lore heavy lairs and others have particular breeding pairs and goals when breeding them. While there is a confirmation window people make mistakes or rush through things and this can result in putting a wrong pair on a nest.

I think there should be consequence(s) for cancelling a nest such as:
-Double breeding cooldown for the dragons involved, unaffected by items
-Nest use cooldown between 1 hour-20 hours (less than 1 day allows for nest cancelling when someone realizes they wanted a different pair on a nest)
But not:
-treasure or gem cost

Alternative to help avoid wrong nest pairs:
-Instead of having the confirmation window in always the same place have it appear in a random position on the page (which would also be handy for any of the confirmation pop-ups). this disrupts the mental automatic clicking thing where you get used to the pattern and click routinely without thinking much about it.
Also support! I wrote my own post befoer checking the compilations (woops) so please dont mind if i drop that post here:

I think it would be good to implement a feature where you can cancel a nest within five minutes of confirming a breeding pair on that nest.

Many lore heavy lairs and others have particular breeding pairs and goals when breeding them. While there is a confirmation window people make mistakes or rush through things and this can result in putting a wrong pair on a nest.

I think there should be consequence(s) for cancelling a nest such as:
-Double breeding cooldown for the dragons involved, unaffected by items
-Nest use cooldown between 1 hour-20 hours (less than 1 day allows for nest cancelling when someone realizes they wanted a different pair on a nest)
But not:
-treasure or gem cost

Alternative to help avoid wrong nest pairs:
-Instead of having the confirmation window in always the same place have it appear in a random position on the page (which would also be handy for any of the confirmation pop-ups). this disrupts the mental automatic clicking thing where you get used to the pattern and click routinely without thinking much about it.
Adoptable_-_Zukana13731_Hyacinth.png
Absolutely support!
Absolutely support!
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
I agree, I'm tired of accidentally breeding my fodder with my dragons that I haven't gened up and given apparel to yet. I should pay more attention, but it would certainly help me not feel as disappointed in myself for making dumb mistakes because I could fix it.
I agree, I'm tired of accidentally breeding my fodder with my dragons that I haven't gened up and given apparel to yet. I should pay more attention, but it would certainly help me not feel as disappointed in myself for making dumb mistakes because I could fix it.
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
at first i thought it would be a bad idea, but after reading through the whole thing, I defineitly support this.
at first i thought it would be a bad idea, but after reading through the whole thing, I defineitly support this.
I'm bringing this back because I made the big oopsie of breeding the wrong dragons together while my blood pressure was extremely low. This was a multiple day event for me because I didn't realize it was low, and I actually have no recollection of nesting them, so I think the option only appearing on the last incubation day would be a great safety feature for people to not accidentally discard a nest that they want.
The addition of this feature will really help with accessibility for people with disabilities or health concerns. I do see this as a viable feature given the support, as the FR team has always seemed to try their best in helping the site be accessible to as many people as possible.
Until it's (hopefully) implemented in some way, I will forever have one less nest because I will not hatch this clutch due to lore reasons :<

Wholeheartedly support.
I'm bringing this back because I made the big oopsie of breeding the wrong dragons together while my blood pressure was extremely low. This was a multiple day event for me because I didn't realize it was low, and I actually have no recollection of nesting them, so I think the option only appearing on the last incubation day would be a great safety feature for people to not accidentally discard a nest that they want.
The addition of this feature will really help with accessibility for people with disabilities or health concerns. I do see this as a viable feature given the support, as the FR team has always seemed to try their best in helping the site be accessible to as many people as possible.
Until it's (hopefully) implemented in some way, I will forever have one less nest because I will not hatch this clutch due to lore reasons :<

Wholeheartedly support.
Support!

I'm someone who (I don't recall if it was in this thread or another version of it) used to not support this, but I've since come around to doing so.

While I have personally never nested the wrong pair of dragons (perhaps we can chalk that up to my obsession with playing around with hatchling previews for several minutes every time, haha), I'm super into the idea of there finally being some lore behind where unhatched eggs come from. Plus, the mock-up graphic resolves my one major concern, which is that if such a feature existed we'd soon see just as many suggestions threads from users upset that they inattentively discarded nests: it shows a great UI solution that has the options very distinct from each other—both visually and in terms of physical location.
Support!

I'm someone who (I don't recall if it was in this thread or another version of it) used to not support this, but I've since come around to doing so.

While I have personally never nested the wrong pair of dragons (perhaps we can chalk that up to my obsession with playing around with hatchling previews for several minutes every time, haha), I'm super into the idea of there finally being some lore behind where unhatched eggs come from. Plus, the mock-up graphic resolves my one major concern, which is that if such a feature existed we'd soon see just as many suggestions threads from users upset that they inattentively discarded nests: it shows a great UI solution that has the options very distinct from each other—both visually and in terms of physical location.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
support; i breed solely fodder, and there's not any way currently for me to keep my gen1s out of that breed picking list - i don't nest dragons on mobile since the likelihood of messing up that selection is too high.
support; i breed solely fodder, and there's not any way currently for me to keep my gen1s out of that breed picking list - i don't nest dragons on mobile since the likelihood of messing up that selection is too high.
nzqnkq.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24