Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let us discard/send off nests [+140 sup]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24
support support

if terminating a nest is implemented as a free action, the cooldown period is price enough.
support support

if terminating a nest is implemented as a free action, the cooldown period is price enough.
g3tMjnW.png
There is nothing more frustrating than breeding a couple of fodder dragons and getting one-egg nests. Then the parent fodder dragons that I intend to exalt are stuck in my lair, eating my food, for days on end while their single annoying egg is taking up nest space.

Please, please, let us discard nests. It doesn't make sense that spending 350g is the only way to get rid of a nest you don't want.
There is nothing more frustrating than breeding a couple of fodder dragons and getting one-egg nests. Then the parent fodder dragons that I intend to exalt are stuck in my lair, eating my food, for days on end while their single annoying egg is taking up nest space.

Please, please, let us discard nests. It doesn't make sense that spending 350g is the only way to get rid of a nest you don't want.
tumblr_ohqcwjmB651uz5kfbo1_500.png
Please. Please this would solve so many issues for me lol Support 100%
Please. Please this would solve so many issues for me lol Support 100%

@Mutation

You have all of my support! I can imagine it would be very useful for many breeders.

I do however have one question, I do not understand what you mean by "punishment from your deity", what type of punishment? Is the player scolded for their actions? Or does it have an actual affect?
@Mutation

You have all of my support! I can imagine it would be very useful for many breeders.

I do however have one question, I do not understand what you mean by "punishment from your deity", what type of punishment? Is the player scolded for their actions? Or does it have an actual affect?
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
@TheClassCalico Well, deities probably disprove of clans that frequently send eggs, because the resulting hatchlings wouldn't have gotten to see their parents when they hatched. The 'punishment' would consist of this number rising with 1-5 counts: [img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/0d13/f/2016/177/2/3/suggestion_img_1_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-da7pkxs.png[/img] Some people would prefer to keep this number a proud '0' forever, especially older players who didn't lose any eggs to Rot when the feature still existed. When deciding to send off a nest, the player would have to choose between a spotless record, or keeping the accidental hatchlings off the dragons' offspring lists. ------ Hey folks! It's been a while since I popped up to talk to people. I have added a small edit to the OP, which proposes that there should be a bit of a fee to sending off a nest. Maybe Treasure, maybe some Gems (since they're easy enough to get without spending real $$$), but that can be the subject of a good discussion in this thread. I'm happy to see all this support! Again, I know it's been ages since I showed up, but I will tell you all that I still plan to work on this idea! I'm not going to outright [i]push[/i] the staff, but together we can give this suggestion a bigger voice. With love, Tess~
@TheClassCalico Well, deities probably disprove of clans that frequently send eggs, because the resulting hatchlings wouldn't have gotten to see their parents when they hatched.

The 'punishment' would consist of this number rising with 1-5 counts:
suggestion_img_1_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-da7pkxs.png

Some people would prefer to keep this number a proud '0' forever, especially older players who didn't lose any eggs to Rot when the feature still existed. When deciding to send off a nest, the player would have to choose between a spotless record, or keeping the accidental hatchlings off the dragons' offspring lists.

Hey folks! It's been a while since I popped up to talk to people. I have added a small edit to the OP, which proposes that there should be a bit of a fee to sending off a nest. Maybe Treasure, maybe some Gems (since they're easy enough to get without spending real $$$), but that can be the subject of a good discussion in this thread.

I'm happy to see all this support! Again, I know it's been ages since I showed up, but I will tell you all that I still plan to work on this idea! I'm not going to outright push the staff, but together we can give this suggestion a bigger voice.

With love, Tess~
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
I do really like this idea! I kind of don't like the thought of having to spend money to get rid of a nest (though I'm more neutral on it than anything), but if that was the case, maybe lore-wise you need to give the parent dragons compensation to make the trek from your lair to wherever your deity resides.

I can't see it being a big fee, but maybe 2000-3000t? So kind of the opposite of exalting a dragon--instead of getting the parents' hoards, you have to "bribe" them into getting rid of their nest. I'm not sure exactly what the reason would be LAUGHS
But just like Baldwin or Swipp, I can't see it costing a whole lot. I think the only real thing that would make people think twice about it is that the parents will be on cooldown still. (Which is completely reasonable and fair.)

My other thought could be that you have to spend a certain amount depending on how many eggs are in the nest? Let's say 500t an egg. So if you're only getting rid of a 1-egg fodder nest, it won't really affect you that much. But if you accidentally put the wrong dragons on a nest and they made 4 eggs, it's gonna be 2000t AND their cooldown as consequence. Which will be annoying of course LOL but for some people it'll be worth it as not to have a permanent name in each dragon's offspring list.

While I'm at it, I agree that eggs shouldn't count towards dominance. Imagine if you had 16 fodder dragons at the last minute in a dom battle. You breed them all, which could be anywhere from 16 to 80 extra eggs, then exalt the parents immediately after without much of a drawback. I just think it's ridiculously skewed, even though it would be a perfectly legitimate way to win a dom battle. I guess I just prefer the current system where levelled dragons are worth more and levelling them takes quite a bit of time as a result.
I do really like this idea! I kind of don't like the thought of having to spend money to get rid of a nest (though I'm more neutral on it than anything), but if that was the case, maybe lore-wise you need to give the parent dragons compensation to make the trek from your lair to wherever your deity resides.

I can't see it being a big fee, but maybe 2000-3000t? So kind of the opposite of exalting a dragon--instead of getting the parents' hoards, you have to "bribe" them into getting rid of their nest. I'm not sure exactly what the reason would be LAUGHS
But just like Baldwin or Swipp, I can't see it costing a whole lot. I think the only real thing that would make people think twice about it is that the parents will be on cooldown still. (Which is completely reasonable and fair.)

My other thought could be that you have to spend a certain amount depending on how many eggs are in the nest? Let's say 500t an egg. So if you're only getting rid of a 1-egg fodder nest, it won't really affect you that much. But if you accidentally put the wrong dragons on a nest and they made 4 eggs, it's gonna be 2000t AND their cooldown as consequence. Which will be annoying of course LOL but for some people it'll be worth it as not to have a permanent name in each dragon's offspring list.

While I'm at it, I agree that eggs shouldn't count towards dominance. Imagine if you had 16 fodder dragons at the last minute in a dom battle. You breed them all, which could be anywhere from 16 to 80 extra eggs, then exalt the parents immediately after without much of a drawback. I just think it's ridiculously skewed, even though it would be a perfectly legitimate way to win a dom battle. I guess I just prefer the current system where levelled dragons are worth more and levelling them takes quite a bit of time as a result.
@Kibble Thank you for your input!

Personally, I haven't really worked out a lore-fitting reason why there would be a fee on sending off eggs, but your idea of compensation to the traveling dragons who drop off the eggs does sound reasonable! I don't plan for the fee to be anything crazy, either.
@Kibble Thank you for your input!

Personally, I haven't really worked out a lore-fitting reason why there would be a fee on sending off eggs, but your idea of compensation to the traveling dragons who drop off the eggs does sound reasonable! I don't plan for the fee to be anything crazy, either.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
It would help to explain the eggs found while scavenging...
It would help to explain the eggs found while scavenging...
tumblr_inline_njviwmxG231qg2i5p.png
I support this. It'd be helpful in case you breed the wrong dragon.
I support this. It'd be helpful in case you breed the wrong dragon.
28764.png
Support- another positive point being that it's a subtle, small way to lessen the amount of dragons in the game. There aren't many instances where nests are would be thrown away, but it's better than nothing, while also allowing users to have a little bit more control over their dragons' offspring lists.
Support- another positive point being that it's a subtle, small way to lessen the amount of dragons in the game. There aren't many instances where nests are would be thrown away, but it's better than nothing, while also allowing users to have a little bit more control over their dragons' offspring lists.
Accent_Banner.pngHatchery_Banner.png
35674625.png36307371.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24