Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker 2019 Skin Contest Discussion
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20
:D After some nice feedback, I changed my submission “Kindergarten Art” from a green background, to one I hope looks somewhat like rocks/cement/etc Original: [img]https://i.imgur.com/rnVsnWR.png[/img] New: [img]https://i.imgur.com/G58MHJH.png[/img] 100% interested in further feedback :D [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2775209/3#post_41196476]Link to Submissions[/url]
:D

After some nice feedback, I changed my submission “Kindergarten Art” from a green background, to one I hope looks somewhat like rocks/cement/etc

Original:
rnVsnWR.png

New:
G58MHJH.png

100% interested in further feedback :D
Link to Submissions
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
Time to list the rest of my faves now that it's almost closing time @cossmiicdolphin Engraved Memorabilia looks really effective and a different take on the Earth theme focusing on the gemstone @Luckysquid Forgotten Jade has beautiful shading and I know immediately which Gaoler of mine I'd put it on [emoji=special eyes size=1] @Atramentia The watercolour like texturing on Rainbow Reveler is a nice touch and the fractal nature of bismuth is done well @Kaenith Good lord, the definition in the shading and the choice of colours in Cairnstone Defender make this so eye catching, sign me up for copies if you print @PijukVonGacy I like this original idea, its a cute take on the theme and well executed
Time to list the rest of my faves now that it's almost closing time

@cossmiicdolphin Engraved Memorabilia looks really effective and a different take on the Earth theme focusing on the gemstone
@Luckysquid Forgotten Jade has beautiful shading and I know immediately which Gaoler of mine I'd put it on
@Atramentia The watercolour like texturing on Rainbow Reveler is a nice touch and the fractal nature of bismuth is done well
@Kaenith Good lord, the definition in the shading and the choice of colours in Cairnstone Defender make this so eye catching, sign me up for copies if you print
@PijukVonGacy I like this original idea, its a cute take on the theme and well executed
9JtpJMB.png eFlrMnj.png
Themed Dragons for Sale
B/T Missing Familiars

Any Pronouns . 27 . FR+8
Sarcastic Accents
Commissions
@SarcasticSketch Thank youuuuu, I appreciate that so much!
@SarcasticSketch Thank youuuuu, I appreciate that so much!
@Lisegathe @DarkElite020 @SarcasticSketch @chatoyant @LeafeonWarrior
Thank you all!!! :D I really appreciate it!

There are so many good entries!! Some of my faves:

Crumbling Gorgon by @Spinaria - Love the concept, and the execution is excellent - all those liiitle tiny scales on the snakes!

Kintsugi and Glow Worm Cave by @fayeskies - Gosh I love them both, I can't chose one xD Kintsugi has a very nice balance between thinner lines and broader swatches of color, and it's a very nice, warm, shimmery shade of gold. Glow Worm Cave, meanwhile, is eerie and beautiful - as it should be - and I like how the glow-strands don't only hang from the wings, but from the horns and tail, too.

Pillar of Tower by @RubieKanary - Oof ouch right in the lore (It hurts in a good way. Poor Rockbreaker.)

Bismuth Brands by @Autopilot - I'm a sucker for bright colors xD

Aged Gargoyle by @direhyena - Oh dang. That is really well-done. The textures are so believable, it's like I can feel the cool, smooth stone and smell damp earth. I especially like how it looks with multi-gaze!

Dragon Lascaux by @PijukVonGacy - Very clever! Love the little hard-hat xD

Crystalcourt Acolyte by @Saerino - Really well done on the cracks - cutting in from the outside lineart juuuust the tiniest bit to add SO MUCH depth to the image. Also, that description made me laugh. Mirrors really do make so much scream xD

Cave Flight by @VohelART - I adore the colors for this, the shimmery blue distance of the cave interior is just... A++++
(My one concern is that it looks like the judging-size version doesn't have very noticeable lineart? I'd hate to see such a pretty entry get disqualified over something like that!)
@Lisegathe @DarkElite020 @SarcasticSketch @chatoyant @LeafeonWarrior
Thank you all!!! :D I really appreciate it!

There are so many good entries!! Some of my faves:

Crumbling Gorgon by @Spinaria - Love the concept, and the execution is excellent - all those liiitle tiny scales on the snakes!

Kintsugi and Glow Worm Cave by @fayeskies - Gosh I love them both, I can't chose one xD Kintsugi has a very nice balance between thinner lines and broader swatches of color, and it's a very nice, warm, shimmery shade of gold. Glow Worm Cave, meanwhile, is eerie and beautiful - as it should be - and I like how the glow-strands don't only hang from the wings, but from the horns and tail, too.

Pillar of Tower by @RubieKanary - Oof ouch right in the lore (It hurts in a good way. Poor Rockbreaker.)

Bismuth Brands by @Autopilot - I'm a sucker for bright colors xD

Aged Gargoyle by @direhyena - Oh dang. That is really well-done. The textures are so believable, it's like I can feel the cool, smooth stone and smell damp earth. I especially like how it looks with multi-gaze!

Dragon Lascaux by @PijukVonGacy - Very clever! Love the little hard-hat xD

Crystalcourt Acolyte by @Saerino - Really well done on the cracks - cutting in from the outside lineart juuuust the tiniest bit to add SO MUCH depth to the image. Also, that description made me laugh. Mirrors really do make so much scream xD

Cave Flight by @VohelART - I adore the colors for this, the shimmery blue distance of the cave interior is just... A++++
(My one concern is that it looks like the judging-size version doesn't have very noticeable lineart? I'd hate to see such a pretty entry get disqualified over something like that!)
zGuYxpI.png
@kaenith

I thought it was just supposed to be the art stuff and the like... lines are whatever the default ones are in the PSD for the dragon. If that makes sense... It doesnt have line art really, I just used the line art that the PSD had for the dragon. Am I supposed to include it?
@kaenith

I thought it was just supposed to be the art stuff and the like... lines are whatever the default ones are in the PSD for the dragon. If that makes sense... It doesnt have line art really, I just used the line art that the PSD had for the dragon. Am I supposed to include it?
@VohelART - Yes, the lineart and shading from the base PDF should be included (where it overlaps your own art). It can be colored or lightened to blend better with the art, but it should still be visible. So for example, if I were making an accent like this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/yMu1ZpW.png[/img] Then the final accent image should look like one of the first two examples, not the third: [img]https://i.imgur.com/IdYVatO.png[/img] 1st: original shading and lineart, no alterations. Good! 2nd: shading and lineart has been altered to better match the colors of the colors of the accent, but is still visible. Good! 3rd: original shading and lineart is not included. Not good :( I hope this is helpful!
@VohelART - Yes, the lineart and shading from the base PDF should be included (where it overlaps your own art). It can be colored or lightened to blend better with the art, but it should still be visible.

So for example, if I were making an accent like this:
yMu1ZpW.png

Then the final accent image should look like one of the first two examples, not the third:
IdYVatO.png

1st: original shading and lineart, no alterations. Good!

2nd: shading and lineart has been altered to better match the colors of the colors of the accent, but is still visible. Good!

3rd: original shading and lineart is not included. Not good :(

I hope this is helpful!
zGuYxpI.png
@Kaenith ahhh thank you!! I LOVE yours. It's one of my favorites. They are both very beautiful but I'm crossing my fingers and toes for your guardian to win. ;3;
@Kaenith ahhh thank you!! I LOVE yours. It's one of my favorites. They are both very beautiful but I'm crossing my fingers and toes for your guardian to win. ;3;
9e097c444fe8d070996db823c25ad26a13f96fe9.png
@Saerino - Thank you! I'm rooting for you, too!
@Saerino - Thank you! I'm rooting for you, too!
zGuYxpI.png
@Kaenith thank you so much!
@Kaenith thank you so much!
@kaenith

OOOHH Okay, thank you!! I updated the submission, I appreciate it a lot
@kaenith

OOOHH Okay, thank you!! I updated the submission, I appreciate it a lot
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20