Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [LF] Male Guardian Comission USD
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=10642&tab=dragon&did=42150][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=25&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=55&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=2&auth=e79fc288469b87dbddbabff9298744ddf5de1bc6&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [i]Teltrevir heliotrope; [b]Centhwevir is blue knotted with gold;[/b] Astirish is primrose and black; Morkeleb alone, black as night.[/i] [i]"John tells me that the old dragon that was supposed to haunt the shores of the lake of Wevir in the east was said to have been blue as the waters, marked all over his back with patterns of gold ..."[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=90&auth=f284bb242b85e9b2fd076c1dfc706f955b749a87&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/center] Hey there, for only half-related to FR reasons, I've decided to bite the bullet and "fix" my custom progen and undo the mistakes I made when I joined. For those of you who've never head of Dragonsbane, it was the first book in a trilogy by Barbara Hambly. I'm still a fan, and when I joined FR I jumped at the chance to combine three things I fancy: dragons and the colors blue and gold. Centhwevir is my progen and I [i]completely [/i]bungled picking his colors. Of the poem, I'd only remembered the blue, but mistakenly thought he was blue and white ringed with gold. I would dearly love to fix this and so would like to commission an artist to make me a full body-skin to cover my progen and have him match his namesake better and finally make him look as majestic as he should as my Clan's founder. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1733697][img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/282620f7f8b573e6d03b8ac2c11f659b/tumblr_inline_o1qxfdoJ8z1ts73zp_500.png[/img][/url] Also worth noting, that in the canon for my Clan, the progen is a dragon created by an assigned aspect of their respective god (their Elemental alignment and aka, their human player who chooses where to put them). The aspect, however, is allowed autonomy in choosing particular features of their dragon, such as their basic form and two of their colors (the random third/tert gets handwaved as a side-effect of the process of their creation that the aspect can only direct, but not outrightly control). So Centhwevir was made with some color symbology combined with the guardian coding for what the aspect wants it's Clan to accomplish as it's purpose for their deity. That being said, I don't just want a color overlay, I'd also like a skin that adds some subtle "realer-than-real" elements to my progen. As he was created to be the instrument of his god's will, he should look the part. I'd like some extra muscle definition, deeper shading to give him gravitas, maybe a veneer of supernatural healthy shine, that sort of thing. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1733697][img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/cbc69596b64c019a5000cea82b4d40c4/tumblr_inline_o1qz8l0nyj1ts73zp_500.png[/img][/url] I would like to buy a 2-copy print (with allowances for recolors if someone else should be interested) and pay the artist in USD through paypal. If interested, please give me a ping here, and feel free to share any concept ideas or examples you have. If you know someone who might be interested, please be welcome to ping them to this thread.
dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=25&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=55&tertgene=0&winggene=24&wings=2&auth=e79fc288469b87dbddbabff9298744ddf5de1bc6&dummyext=prev.png

Teltrevir heliotrope;
Centhwevir is blue knotted with gold;
Astirish is primrose and black;
Morkeleb alone, black as night.

"John tells me that the old dragon that was supposed to haunt the shores of the lake of Wevir in the east was said to have been blue as the waters, marked all over his back with patterns of gold ..."

dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=10&winggene=12&wings=90&auth=f284bb242b85e9b2fd076c1dfc706f955b749a87&dummyext=prev.png

Hey there, for only half-related to FR reasons, I've decided to bite the bullet and "fix" my custom progen and undo the mistakes I made when I joined.

For those of you who've never head of Dragonsbane, it was the first book in a trilogy by Barbara Hambly. I'm still a fan, and when I joined FR I jumped at the chance to combine three things I fancy: dragons and the colors blue and gold. Centhwevir is my progen and I completely bungled picking his colors. Of the poem, I'd only remembered the blue, but mistakenly thought he was blue and white ringed with gold.

I would dearly love to fix this and so would like to commission an artist to make me a full body-skin to cover my progen and have him match his namesake better and finally make him look as majestic as he should as my Clan's founder.

tumblr_inline_o1qxfdoJ8z1ts73zp_500.png

Also worth noting, that in the canon for my Clan, the progen is a dragon created by an assigned aspect of their respective god (their Elemental alignment and aka, their human player who chooses where to put them).

The aspect, however, is allowed autonomy in choosing particular features of their dragon, such as their basic form and two of their colors (the random third/tert gets handwaved as a side-effect of the process of their creation that the aspect can only direct, but not outrightly control). So Centhwevir was made with some color symbology combined with the guardian coding for what the aspect wants it's Clan to accomplish as it's purpose for their deity.

That being said, I don't just want a color overlay, I'd also like a skin that adds some subtle "realer-than-real" elements to my progen. As he was created to be the instrument of his god's will, he should look the part. I'd like some extra muscle definition, deeper shading to give him gravitas, maybe a veneer of supernatural healthy shine, that sort of thing.

tumblr_inline_o1qz8l0nyj1ts73zp_500.png

I would like to buy a 2-copy print (with allowances for recolors if someone else should be interested) and pay the artist in USD through paypal.

If interested, please give me a ping here, and feel free to share any concept ideas or examples you have. If you know someone who might be interested, please be welcome to ping them to this thread.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
^
^
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
still looking for an artists here
still looking for an artists here
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
It's July, and I'm still looking.
It's July, and I'm still looking.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut I'm curious, not sure if I'd have time for a full body skin but wondering what your budget is like? I've done a few before, my most recent was for Brightshine a few years ago.

I'm usually a little more driven by site related riches because I do commission work outside FR for real currency, but could potentially take this on depending on the offer.
@Amut I'm curious, not sure if I'd have time for a full body skin but wondering what your budget is like? I've done a few before, my most recent was for Brightshine a few years ago.

I'm usually a little more driven by site related riches because I do commission work outside FR for real currency, but could potentially take this on depending on the offer.
aUBv6Nx.png ... ~ Ink / fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png / all pronouns -/-/-/-/-/-/- Pinkerlocke | f2u Bio Banners
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc...ccccccccc...Inkpot Accent Shop

_ ______________ _ _ _

Empty your mind.
Be formless. Shapeless, like water. //
...XBYSamS.png
@Ink The last customs I had done are these: & they both ran me around $35 and I bought single-blue prints for them. (I"m actually looking to update the imp one to see about a smoother, more flowy mane, if that's more your speed.)

Edit: Those were the prices quoted to me by the artists, not something I haggled them down to. I had no issue paying for the quality I wanted.
@Ink The last customs I had done are these: & they both ran me around $35 and I bought single-blue prints for them. (I"m actually looking to update the imp one to see about a smoother, more flowy mane, if that's more your speed.)

Edit: Those were the prices quoted to me by the artists, not something I haggled them down to. I had no issue paying for the quality I wanted.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]