Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala Skin Discussion 2019
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23
[center]Looking for constructive criticism! I made this in September for the crystalline gala, before WC F ambushed the submissions. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e29b026c2025ed02524d160583bd8053/tumblr_pl5btx8aZ81utempl_540.png[/img][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/8f0d0ecbb4b4fa4ca35626d5e9297f84/tumblr_pl5btxIdIm1utempl_540.png[/img][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0add51272077f91813bdbc740f3d032d/tumblr_pl5btxj2Lv1utempl_540.png[/img][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/ebd658fb1248f5b9743cdd34fb90e3f2/tumblr_pl5btxpGxZ1utempl_540.png[/img][/center]
Looking for constructive criticism! I made this in September for the crystalline gala, before WC F ambushed the submissions.
tumblr_pl5btx8aZ81utempl_540.pngtumblr_pl5btxIdIm1utempl_540.pngtumblr_pl5btxj2Lv1utempl_540.pngtumblr_pl5btxpGxZ1utempl_540.png
Are you feeling sick yet?
My artwork
+++++++++++++++++++++
°:.
164.png31.png134.png177.png94.png73.png
[quote name="Tuatara" date="2019-01-12 07:52:04" ] I have a skin idea I'd love to enter but realized there's something I'm not 100% sure about [img]https://i.imgur.com/uBubK38.jpg[/img] I want to white out the top part of the head so it blends into the background. I've read the rules about the lineart and shadow layer needing to be distinctly darker, but I was wondering what distinctly darker would be if it were ontop of white. I'd like to make it as light as possible without breaking these rules and disqualifying myself haha.[b] What percentage opacity is acceptable to use for the lineart so it is considered distinctly darker than white?[/b] [quote]- Skins must maintain an intact shadow and line art layer that are darker than the colors they sit on top of. - Do not make them so light that they do not appear distinctly darker than the colors that they rest on top of.[/quote] Shadows are currently turned off so I can see my scribbles a bit easier but will be incorporated later [/quote] I honestly think rules need to be ignored with how gorgeous this skin is gonna be
Tuatara wrote on 2019-01-12 07:52:04:
I have a skin idea I'd love to enter but realized there's something I'm not 100% sure about
uBubK38.jpg
I want to white out the top part of the head so it blends into the background. I've read the rules about the lineart and shadow layer needing to be distinctly darker, but I was wondering what distinctly darker would be if it were ontop of white. I'd like to make it as light as possible without breaking these rules and disqualifying myself haha. What percentage opacity is acceptable to use for the lineart so it is considered distinctly darker than white?
Quote:
- Skins must maintain an intact shadow and line art layer that are darker than the colors they sit on top of.
- Do not make them so light that they do not appear distinctly darker than the colors that they rest on top of.

Shadows are currently turned off so I can see my scribbles a bit easier but will be incorporated later

I honestly think rules need to be ignored with how gorgeous this skin is gonna be
*Is ready to attempt their first contest entry*
*Sees all the other contest entries*
Ooooh! I'm just gonna...

*Steals all the talent and RUNS*
*Is ready to attempt their first contest entry*
*Sees all the other contest entries*
Ooooh! I'm just gonna...

*Steals all the talent and RUNS*
@RavynVA Your submission is beautiful, I can't imagine how long it took to get the details done. A smol suggestion though: instead of a pale blue fade on the further wing bits, what if it was a fade to darker blue or night sky-ish look?It'd go with the nocturnal inspiration and give some fin contrast. Regardless, best of luck, I think your skin should win!
@RavynVA Your submission is beautiful, I can't imagine how long it took to get the details done. A smol suggestion though: instead of a pale blue fade on the further wing bits, what if it was a fade to darker blue or night sky-ish look?It'd go with the nocturnal inspiration and give some fin contrast. Regardless, best of luck, I think your skin should win!
2-100.png cyclonebadge_by_roraima99-d9eag0l.pngcapture61_by_zaelum-d9oi1nl.pngPJUJhjg.pnglYEUG48.pngCLNrLrC.pngrm9yNEZ.png9MrYbid.pngHtV4l6v.pngui0xQPS.pngI33TcOG.pngNqnGiVx.pngvx0arYx.pngPovrYRj.pngOJR7cTF.pngHDnZafa.png
@Atramentia
Man of the Woods is absolutely stunning, oh my goodness! Very best of luck!

@L1BR4
Oh man frigid peaks is lovely! pairs great with star/con!
@Atramentia
Man of the Woods is absolutely stunning, oh my goodness! Very best of luck!

@L1BR4
Oh man frigid peaks is lovely! pairs great with star/con!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Atramentia
Man of the Woods is amazing. I really hope it wins
@Atramentia
Man of the Woods is amazing. I really hope it wins
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
ooh okay my bad!! i didn't realise!
ooh okay my bad!! i didn't realise!
vbbhws.png
@ImpossibleJedi4
Oh gosh, thank you so much!

I’ve never done an accent before (and barely figured out how clipping masks work) so it means a lot to me to see people liking it :)
@ImpossibleJedi4
Oh gosh, thank you so much!

I’ve never done an accent before (and barely figured out how clipping masks work) so it means a lot to me to see people liking it :)
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
@GunsForPaws 10/10 entry i love it
@GunsForPaws 10/10 entry i love it
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
@Tuatara Color the base you want to hide white, then use light cyan/blue for the lineart and shadows in those areas.
@Tuatara Color the base you want to hide white, then use light cyan/blue for the lineart and shadows in those areas.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23