Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Letter (full until notice is given)
so, sorry it took me this long @Ziposaki, but I can't stand RPs that aren't story-driven. Thus, I needed a story. So I came up with this.

The pearlcatcher hunched a little lower to avoid the flying snow, shaking some of the flakes out of his whiskers and muttering to himself. "If no one shows up soon I'm going back to the lair and that's that. Not like we didn't just move out of this blizzard." His dark blue wings and almost-matching hide blend in well with the sea, but not the icy white of the snow. Even the dapples across his skin stand out against the blizzard that's turned sky as well as ground to white. Chuan brushes snow off the top of his pearl and glances around. It's almost impossible to see more than ten feet, and the snow turns shadows into movement. Still, there's a reason he's out here in the middle of nowhere, and that reason better turn up soon.
so, sorry it took me this long @Ziposaki, but I can't stand RPs that aren't story-driven. Thus, I needed a story. So I came up with this.

The pearlcatcher hunched a little lower to avoid the flying snow, shaking some of the flakes out of his whiskers and muttering to himself. "If no one shows up soon I'm going back to the lair and that's that. Not like we didn't just move out of this blizzard." His dark blue wings and almost-matching hide blend in well with the sea, but not the icy white of the snow. Even the dapples across his skin stand out against the blizzard that's turned sky as well as ground to white. Chuan brushes snow off the top of his pearl and glances around. It's almost impossible to see more than ten feet, and the snow turns shadows into movement. Still, there's a reason he's out here in the middle of nowhere, and that reason better turn up soon.
tXKbExw.png
(@Winterling - No big deal. I like well-thought out plots, anyways.)

The mirror darted through the snow, hissing. She was late thanks to the blizzard (then again, it was a little too much to ask for for good weather out on in the Southern Icefield). Her striped brown body stood out starkly against the falling snow, but her icy wings were hardly distinguishable. The blizzard obscured her vision, but her smaller eyes allowed her to sense heat. She knew where she was going anyways, relatively. Speaking of which, she had just sensed a large mass of warmth.

"You're here!" Terrangeli exclaimed, restlessly running around in circles to maintain heat.
(@Winterling - No big deal. I like well-thought out plots, anyways.)

The mirror darted through the snow, hissing. She was late thanks to the blizzard (then again, it was a little too much to ask for for good weather out on in the Southern Icefield). Her striped brown body stood out starkly against the falling snow, but her icy wings were hardly distinguishable. The blizzard obscured her vision, but her smaller eyes allowed her to sense heat. She knew where she was going anyways, relatively. Speaking of which, she had just sensed a large mass of warmth.

"You're here!" Terrangeli exclaimed, restlessly running around in circles to maintain heat.
I am always looking for dragons with the same primary and secondary color and are either Iridescent, Shimmer, not a plentiful breed, or more than one of the above.

AEJrODO.png
Chuan jerked his head up from making sure his pearl didn't get buried in the snow and blinked in surprise at the mirror who was suddenly right in front of him. "I almost didn't expect anyone at this point. I'm sorry, I don't know who you are." He held up a tattered and soggy piece of parchment. "I just got this letter. I found it by accident really, it was trapped in one of my books. Do you know why we're here?"

(Don't worry, I do actually know. :D)
Chuan jerked his head up from making sure his pearl didn't get buried in the snow and blinked in surprise at the mirror who was suddenly right in front of him. "I almost didn't expect anyone at this point. I'm sorry, I don't know who you are." He held up a tattered and soggy piece of parchment. "I just got this letter. I found it by accident really, it was trapped in one of my books. Do you know why we're here?"

(Don't worry, I do actually know. :D)
tXKbExw.png
(Terrangeli's a mirror.)

Terrangeli paused, looking at the parchment, which was in a terrible state. She couldn't make out any words, but perhaps that was because of the angle the pearlcatcher was holding it at. She wasn't quite sure.

"No," Terrangeli gasped, trying to catch her breath. As much as her familiar liked to chase its tail, it was not a very good way of keeping warm. "I have no idea. My mother and father sent me out here to meet you."
(Terrangeli's a mirror.)

Terrangeli paused, looking at the parchment, which was in a terrible state. She couldn't make out any words, but perhaps that was because of the angle the pearlcatcher was holding it at. She wasn't quite sure.

"No," Terrangeli gasped, trying to catch her breath. As much as her familiar liked to chase its tail, it was not a very good way of keeping warm. "I have no idea. My mother and father sent me out here to meet you."
I am always looking for dragons with the same primary and secondary color and are either Iridescent, Shimmer, not a plentiful breed, or more than one of the above.

AEJrODO.png
"Oh. Well, maybe they'll know. Is it very far to where they're staying?" Chuan wanted to ask if they had anyplace to shelter, but gods be damned he was an Ice dragon and he wasn't going to complain about a little snow.
"Oh. Well, maybe they'll know. Is it very far to where they're staying?" Chuan wanted to ask if they had anyplace to shelter, but gods be damned he was an Ice dragon and he wasn't going to complain about a little snow.
tXKbExw.png
Terrangeli shook her head. "They are back at the lair. Father is taking care of a nest, while Mother has to take care of everything else. She sent me out to speak with you while I was hunting." She glanced down at the ground. "Our lair is out in the floes, though more on the edge. We are in tundra land now, I suppose, though it is hard to tell with the raging storm. "
Terrangeli shook her head. "They are back at the lair. Father is taking care of a nest, while Mother has to take care of everything else. She sent me out to speak with you while I was hunting." She glanced down at the ground. "Our lair is out in the floes, though more on the edge. We are in tundra land now, I suppose, though it is hard to tell with the raging storm. "

AEJrODO.png
"We just moved out from a lair right on the edge of the water." Chuan said almost wistfully. "A lot of the lairs were made out of a frozen wave, so the sunlight came through all day. I miss it." He shrugged. "Not that our place on the tundra's bad or anything. Do you think you can get back, even in all this?" He half-spreads his wings, indicating the blizzard.
"We just moved out from a lair right on the edge of the water." Chuan said almost wistfully. "A lot of the lairs were made out of a frozen wave, so the sunlight came through all day. I miss it." He shrugged. "Not that our place on the tundra's bad or anything. Do you think you can get back, even in all this?" He half-spreads his wings, indicating the blizzard.
tXKbExw.png
Terrangeli glanced about, checking how bad the blizzard was and making sure she still knew which direction the lair. "Yes," Terrangeli declared after a moment. "But it will take much longer than if I just waited the storm out." She paused. "Then again, there is not a good place to wait a storm out around here."
Terrangeli glanced about, checking how bad the blizzard was and making sure she still knew which direction the lair. "Yes," Terrangeli declared after a moment. "But it will take much longer than if I just waited the storm out." She paused. "Then again, there is not a good place to wait a storm out around here."

AEJrODO.png
"Let's head in the right direction and see if we can find a place to hide out." Chuan says after a moment. "Otherwise we're just sitting here in the snow." He picks up his pearl and cradles it carefully, waiting to follow the mirror.
"Let's head in the right direction and see if we can find a place to hide out." Chuan says after a moment. "Otherwise we're just sitting here in the snow." He picks up his pearl and cradles it carefully, waiting to follow the mirror.
tXKbExw.png
"Fair enough," Terrangeli agreed, before darting off in the correct direction, paying no heed to whether or not the pearlcatcher was behind her. He would find her eventually. She would have to slow down at least a little when she was in the floes, after all. Besides, if he could keep up with her, why would she bother with him anyways?
"Fair enough," Terrangeli agreed, before darting off in the correct direction, paying no heed to whether or not the pearlcatcher was behind her. He would find her eventually. She would have to slow down at least a little when she was in the floes, after all. Besides, if he could keep up with her, why would she bother with him anyways?

AEJrODO.png