Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Letter (full until notice is given)
Chuan makes a point of looking down at her eagerness, but despite that he's excited to flip open the tattered bit of parchment and make out the words again.

"Come to the tree south of the Winterling lair, where the sun sets between the crown. You will find aid for an unlikely trouble."

"It sounds like a fortune some rune-reader would tell me." He complains. "And it sounded that way the first time I read it. The Winterlings aren't in any trouble, in fact we're doing better than ever. I don't know what this sort of thing could mean. What did your note say?"
Chuan makes a point of looking down at her eagerness, but despite that he's excited to flip open the tattered bit of parchment and make out the words again.

"Come to the tree south of the Winterling lair, where the sun sets between the crown. You will find aid for an unlikely trouble."

"It sounds like a fortune some rune-reader would tell me." He complains. "And it sounded that way the first time I read it. The Winterlings aren't in any trouble, in fact we're doing better than ever. I don't know what this sort of thing could mean. What did your note say?"
tXKbExw.png
Terrangeli hummed a bit, before shaking her head. 'I can not remember. My mother has the parchment. You will have to wait for her to return.' Terrangeli pondered over the words she had just heard. "It sounds rather straightforward to me, just a bit mysterious in what will happen. Change a few words and it might as well be the note you sent to us asking me to come meet you."
Terrangeli hummed a bit, before shaking her head. 'I can not remember. My mother has the parchment. You will have to wait for her to return.' Terrangeli pondered over the words she had just heard. "It sounds rather straightforward to me, just a bit mysterious in what will happen. Change a few words and it might as well be the note you sent to us asking me to come meet you."
I am always looking for dragons with the same primary and secondary color and are either Iridescent, Shimmer, not a plentiful breed, or more than one of the above.

AEJrODO.png
"I doubt Keaton has the patience to send something like this. I don't think he even knows the landmarks around our lair." Chuan sits in a corner of the cave, curling his tail around his pearl and leaning against the wall, still slightly out of breath. "Still, I wonder who sent it. Maybe a Water dragon who lives around here?"

Just as he's speaking a low shudder goes through the cave, and there is a faint sense of motion. At first it's hard to identify which way the motion is going, but after a moment Chuan stands again, picking up his pearl for comfort. "I think we're sinking." He says nervously.
"I doubt Keaton has the patience to send something like this. I don't think he even knows the landmarks around our lair." Chuan sits in a corner of the cave, curling his tail around his pearl and leaning against the wall, still slightly out of breath. "Still, I wonder who sent it. Maybe a Water dragon who lives around here?"

Just as he's speaking a low shudder goes through the cave, and there is a faint sense of motion. At first it's hard to identify which way the motion is going, but after a moment Chuan stands again, picking up his pearl for comfort. "I think we're sinking." He says nervously.
tXKbExw.png
Terrangeli experimentally leans back and forth, before pondering thoughtfully. "Maybe, but that is a bit of a wild conclusion. A large wave probably could have just pushed the cave; it has happened a few times before. After the recent expansions, the clan is not quite so stable anymore. We are probably going to move out to the tundra soon."
Terrangeli experimentally leans back and forth, before pondering thoughtfully. "Maybe, but that is a bit of a wild conclusion. A large wave probably could have just pushed the cave; it has happened a few times before. After the recent expansions, the clan is not quite so stable anymore. We are probably going to move out to the tundra soon."
I am always looking for dragons with the same primary and secondary color and are either Iridescent, Shimmer, not a plentiful breed, or more than one of the above.

AEJrODO.png
"Ah." Chuan doesn't settle back down, but he does stop shifting around so constantly. "I know there are plenty of clans that live in the icebergs around here, but I didn't know they were quite so...shifty."

They settle down to wait, and though the light from outside is almost nonexistent thanks to the storm, the illumination slowly grows brighter within the cave. Chuan tries not to notice it; he doesn't want to seem paranoid. But water starts sneaking along the floor, and it seems to carry the faint greenish light. Eventually he clears his throat. "Who else is here, right now?" He asks, trying to sound casual.
"Ah." Chuan doesn't settle back down, but he does stop shifting around so constantly. "I know there are plenty of clans that live in the icebergs around here, but I didn't know they were quite so...shifty."

They settle down to wait, and though the light from outside is almost nonexistent thanks to the storm, the illumination slowly grows brighter within the cave. Chuan tries not to notice it; he doesn't want to seem paranoid. But water starts sneaking along the floor, and it seems to carry the faint greenish light. Eventually he clears his throat. "Who else is here, right now?" He asks, trying to sound casual.
tXKbExw.png
"It is probably just ours, really," Terrangeli chirps conversationally. "Mother did tell Father digging down to expand was a bad idea."

Terrangeli sinks into thought, barely noticing the water that begins pooling around her feet. "Erm, I think the single colors are out visiting nearby clans, so it should just be us and maybe Lume and her mate Rigentem are here." Her face lights with the idea. "Lume is so sweet. She sorta acts cold, but she and Rigentem are so adorable together and she's really nice."
"It is probably just ours, really," Terrangeli chirps conversationally. "Mother did tell Father digging down to expand was a bad idea."

Terrangeli sinks into thought, barely noticing the water that begins pooling around her feet. "Erm, I think the single colors are out visiting nearby clans, so it should just be us and maybe Lume and her mate Rigentem are here." Her face lights with the idea. "Lume is so sweet. She sorta acts cold, but she and Rigentem are so adorable together and she's really nice."

AEJrODO.png
"Let's go see them. If we're waiting for your mother to get back, we might as well have someone to talk to." Chuan suggests, though when he steps towards her his feet splash a little in the water still pooling under their feet. He can feel the prickle of unfamiliar and powerful magic, and it's starting to be visible in the way his tail twitches and he can't stop sniffing almost constantly at the air around them.
"Let's go see them. If we're waiting for your mother to get back, we might as well have someone to talk to." Chuan suggests, though when he steps towards her his feet splash a little in the water still pooling under their feet. He can feel the prickle of unfamiliar and powerful magic, and it's starting to be visible in the way his tail twitches and he can't stop sniffing almost constantly at the air around them.
tXKbExw.png
"Mmmkay!" Terrangeli replies, leading the way towards Plumelato and Rigentem's shared room. She feels the water, but figures it's just melted snow from the blizzard raging outside. As a mirror, she's not nearly as in touch with magic as other dragon species.
"Mmmkay!" Terrangeli replies, leading the way towards Plumelato and Rigentem's shared room. She feels the water, but figures it's just melted snow from the blizzard raging outside. As a mirror, she's not nearly as in touch with magic as other dragon species.

AEJrODO.png
At least the tunnel slopes up instead of down. The last thing Chuan wanted was to go deeper into this drifting sink-hole, but he didn't want anyone to die. And he especially didn't want Terrangeli thinking he was afraid of, well, anything. Eventually they left the water behind, though when he looked back Chuan could still see the levels rising against the icy floor. "So how long has your clan lived here? Did you have any caves before this?" He asked, trying to sound casual.
At least the tunnel slopes up instead of down. The last thing Chuan wanted was to go deeper into this drifting sink-hole, but he didn't want anyone to die. And he especially didn't want Terrangeli thinking he was afraid of, well, anything. Eventually they left the water behind, though when he looked back Chuan could still see the levels rising against the icy floor. "So how long has your clan lived here? Did you have any caves before this?" He asked, trying to sound casual.
tXKbExw.png
"They have lived here since I was born," Terrangeli replies. "My sister and I were the first dragons born into our clan, and this cave. Before that..." Terrangeli tilts her head and thinks. "Mother refuses to talk about how Father and her met, and Father respects her wishes and does not speak of it as well. We are all very curious, me especially, but I do not think we shall ever know."

Terrangeli spins stories in her head as they walk, and soon enough they reach Plumelato and Rigentem's room. "Lume!" Terrangeli calls, trying to sense if anyone is inside before actually stepping in. She has some sense of what privacy is, after all. "Lume, are you in there?"
"They have lived here since I was born," Terrangeli replies. "My sister and I were the first dragons born into our clan, and this cave. Before that..." Terrangeli tilts her head and thinks. "Mother refuses to talk about how Father and her met, and Father respects her wishes and does not speak of it as well. We are all very curious, me especially, but I do not think we shall ever know."

Terrangeli spins stories in her head as they walk, and soon enough they reach Plumelato and Rigentem's room. "Lume!" Terrangeli calls, trying to sense if anyone is inside before actually stepping in. She has some sense of what privacy is, after all. "Lume, are you in there?"

AEJrODO.png