Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight of Infidels [Chat Thread]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
With a leathery flap of his wings, Illuyanka landed on the snowy ground momentarily to rest. He'd been traveling for quite a long time, following the vision Gucumatz had given him. While he did not care much for the deities of the flights, his clan's spirit seemed to believe that this would have some impact on the clan.

He held his pearl in his paws and gazed into it for a minute or two, seeking any other information he might be given. Unfortunately, he found none. All he knew was there was a mountain, a chill, and raucous laughter; and, hopefully, money to be made. He gave a moment of thought to his dark colours' contrast in his current position and made to move under a tree. Even if the tree didn't cover him, he hoped he would be mistaken for a shadow.

((@Winterling for the next post, sorry it's so late.))
With a leathery flap of his wings, Illuyanka landed on the snowy ground momentarily to rest. He'd been traveling for quite a long time, following the vision Gucumatz had given him. While he did not care much for the deities of the flights, his clan's spirit seemed to believe that this would have some impact on the clan.

He held his pearl in his paws and gazed into it for a minute or two, seeking any other information he might be given. Unfortunately, he found none. All he knew was there was a mountain, a chill, and raucous laughter; and, hopefully, money to be made. He gave a moment of thought to his dark colours' contrast in his current position and made to move under a tree. Even if the tree didn't cover him, he hoped he would be mistaken for a shadow.

((@Winterling for the next post, sorry it's so late.))
iZL3f1a.png
@Ith:

Go ahead, you'll be the last one to post.

@the13inquisitor:

I'm not sure what you're asking?

----

Hm, in retrospect I probably should have made a separate thread for the RP itself.
@Ith:

Go ahead, you'll be the last one to post.

@the13inquisitor:

I'm not sure what you're asking?

----

Hm, in retrospect I probably should have made a separate thread for the RP itself.
((@absoluteblue: Wasn't really asking a question. Making a Flight Rising Roleplay Continuity is sort of a hobby for me. I'd start a thread about it, but there's only me and one or two other people from Beta who've said it sounds like a good idea when I've mentioned it in other threads.))
((@absoluteblue: Wasn't really asking a question. Making a Flight Rising Roleplay Continuity is sort of a hobby for me. I'd start a thread about it, but there's only me and one or two other people from Beta who've said it sounds like a good idea when I've mentioned it in other threads.))
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@The13Inquisitor

I would not object if the other players don't. It seems like a cool idea to me.

@Denri @The13Inquisitor @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood @Scandinavia

If I created another thread for the RP itself, would those who already posted consider transferring their posts there, and deleting the ones here? I think it will make it much easier to communicate in the long run. Otherwise this board is just gonna be a mess.
@The13Inquisitor

I would not object if the other players don't. It seems like a cool idea to me.

@Denri @The13Inquisitor @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood @Scandinavia

If I created another thread for the RP itself, would those who already posted consider transferring their posts there, and deleting the ones here? I think it will make it much easier to communicate in the long run. Otherwise this board is just gonna be a mess.
Yeah, I can do that easy.

@absoluteblue: The one catch with doing a Continuity Thread is that it'd have to be a collaborative effort between pretty much everyone doing Flight Rising RPs, public or private.
Yeah, I can do that easy.

@absoluteblue: The one catch with doing a Continuity Thread is that it'd have to be a collaborative effort between pretty much everyone doing Flight Rising RPs, public or private.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@The13Inquisitor

Ah, I thought you meant more of a general canon that's not terribly specific. Yeah that would be difficult. :/
@The13Inquisitor

Ah, I thought you meant more of a general canon that's not terribly specific. Yeah that would be difficult. :/
@absoluteblue: A general canon is my back-up plan,-namely a sort of big list of what RP happened when or if two were concurrent or whatever.
I just started the thread if you want to see my reasoning.
Considering this would likely become a huge part of the early part and that it's a really big undertaking to start with, you might enjoy the complexity I've got in mind, or perhaps not.

Simple might work better, but I've got a feeling that if we put enough effort in, it could turn out really well.
@absoluteblue: A general canon is my back-up plan,-namely a sort of big list of what RP happened when or if two were concurrent or whatever.
I just started the thread if you want to see my reasoning.
Considering this would likely become a huge part of the early part and that it's a really big undertaking to start with, you might enjoy the complexity I've got in mind, or perhaps not.

Simple might work better, but I've got a feeling that if we put enough effort in, it could turn out really well.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
Oh, thought I might bring this up: Realm sizes.
It's kind of unrealistic if we've got people crossing Realms in hours from border to border unless they're going from one really narrow part across.

For instance, by my reckoning, the Scarred Wasteland is about five days across from the Starfall Isles to the Tangled Woods.

It also wouldn't make much sense for one side to be able to get from one side of the continent to the other within hours and have the other side plodding along for a week or so while they're travelling by comparable means.
Oh, thought I might bring this up: Realm sizes.
It's kind of unrealistic if we've got people crossing Realms in hours from border to border unless they're going from one really narrow part across.

For instance, by my reckoning, the Scarred Wasteland is about five days across from the Starfall Isles to the Tangled Woods.

It also wouldn't make much sense for one side to be able to get from one side of the continent to the other within hours and have the other side plodding along for a week or so while they're travelling by comparable means.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@The13Inquisitor

That's a good thought. Should we establish how long it will take or what?
@The13Inquisitor

That's a good thought. Should we establish how long it will take or what?
As I said, I figure that the Scarred Wasteland takes about five days to get from one side to the other. That's flying mind you.
Most of the other areas probably average to about that as well, even assuming that various features of each territory are exaggerated.
As I said, I figure that the Scarred Wasteland takes about five days to get from one side to the other. That's flying mind you.
Most of the other areas probably average to about that as well, even assuming that various features of each territory are exaggerated.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15