Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight of Infidels [Chat Thread]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
((I'd say as long as you have a way into FR world for your human, go for it!))
((I'd say as long as you have a way into FR world for your human, go for it!))
tXKbExw.png
((@absoluteblue? You've got Veto on this.))
((@absoluteblue? You've got Veto on this.))
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@alcibiades

The reason I want it to fit into established canon is so that we don't have to spend part of the game trying to reconcile radically different versions of the FR universe. As long as you can find a reasonable explanation that won't completely disrupt in-game history you can do what you like.

@Denri @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood @Scandinavia

I initially instituted the "three dragon" rule in order to prevent people from creating more characters than they could reasonably handle. Then it occurred to me that I never intended to follow this rule myself, since I plan on playing several supporting roles (NPCs) as needed.

I'll abolish this rule if you players feel it's unfair. Also if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated. (This is my first attempt at running a roleplay myself, so input would be helpful.)
@alcibiades

The reason I want it to fit into established canon is so that we don't have to spend part of the game trying to reconcile radically different versions of the FR universe. As long as you can find a reasonable explanation that won't completely disrupt in-game history you can do what you like.

I initially instituted the "three dragon" rule in order to prevent people from creating more characters than they could reasonably handle. Then it occurred to me that I never intended to follow this rule myself, since I plan on playing several supporting roles (NPCs) as needed.

I'll abolish this rule if you players feel it's unfair. Also if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated. (This is my first attempt at running a roleplay myself, so input would be helpful.)
I don't mind a character limit. I think it keeps people from getting too buried. Not to mention, you have to keep in mind that as the creator, you get some freedoms for the sake of moving the story in the right direction.
I don't mind a character limit. I think it keeps people from getting too buried. Not to mention, you have to keep in mind that as the creator, you get some freedoms for the sake of moving the story in the right direction.
sIaDdlY.png
SSZOI.gif
@absoluteblue

Character limits seem absolutely fine to me. I think three is actually being generous. Character limits may help people from feeling overwhelmed and quitting the roleplay, in my opinion. When users take on too many characters, I've noticed length of absence increases.
@absoluteblue

Character limits seem absolutely fine to me. I think three is actually being generous. Character limits may help people from feeling overwhelmed and quitting the roleplay, in my opinion. When users take on too many characters, I've noticed length of absence increases.
Formerly known as "Scandinavia"
112aps6.jpg
@absoluteblue

i definitely like the character limit as-is.

however, i'm gonna just go outright and say it, even though it may get some negative opinions toward me...

i'm really uncomfortable with the fact that humans are permitted in this rp. especially since we're trying to stick to FR canon and word of god is there are no humans in fr.

there, i said it. not gonna back out, but it still makes me very uncomfortable and i'm a bit leery of this rp now.
@absoluteblue

i definitely like the character limit as-is.

however, i'm gonna just go outright and say it, even though it may get some negative opinions toward me...

i'm really uncomfortable with the fact that humans are permitted in this rp. especially since we're trying to stick to FR canon and word of god is there are no humans in fr.

there, i said it. not gonna back out, but it still makes me very uncomfortable and i'm a bit leery of this rp now.
J1Hn7rK.png
@absoluteblue i'm going to have to second @denri on this one. i'm fine with the character limit - you're the leader here, so you can do whatever you need to do to keep everything on track! the concept of humans (humans based on other fandoms, at that ???) being permitted makes me really uncomfortable, though. like, really. that's kind of a huge leap from canon and i don't see how it's necessary in the slightest.
@absoluteblue i'm going to have to second @denri on this one. i'm fine with the character limit - you're the leader here, so you can do whatever you need to do to keep everything on track! the concept of humans (humans based on other fandoms, at that ???) being permitted makes me really uncomfortable, though. like, really. that's kind of a huge leap from canon and i don't see how it's necessary in the slightest.
(( Okay, no worries, I'll take the story elsewhere. ))
(( Okay, no worries, I'll take the story elsewhere. ))
((I have no problem with the three-character limit! Also, @absoluteblue, I wouldn't have guessed this was your first time running a roleplay, it looks like you're doing great so far. You've got a really good concept.))
((I have no problem with the three-character limit! Also, @absoluteblue, I wouldn't have guessed this was your first time running a roleplay, it looks like you're doing great so far. You've got a really good concept.))
t9lWbAR.png
By Raquel

My apologies for the inconsistence, but I have to agree. In an attempt to be inclusive, I didn't keep the setting in mind.

Would @alcibiades consider changing her guardian's charge to a dragon for the duration of the RP? It doesn't seem like it would be much trouble to make a human mage an Arcane dragon.

My apologies for the inconsistence, but I have to agree. In an attempt to be inclusive, I didn't keep the setting in mind.

Would @alcibiades consider changing her guardian's charge to a dragon for the duration of the RP? It doesn't seem like it would be much trouble to make a human mage an Arcane dragon.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15