Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight of Infidels [Chat Thread]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@absoluteblue you could also just turn the humans into, say, a dunhoof. or a dryad. there's humanoid creatures in fr, just no humans.
@absoluteblue you could also just turn the humans into, say, a dunhoof. or a dryad. there's humanoid creatures in fr, just no humans.
J1Hn7rK.png
(( No, that's okay - I didn't realize that the admins had stated there were no living humans, since it's only in a forum post and nowhere in the encyclopedia or on the tumblr at all. My bad, have fun with the RP. ))
(( No, that's okay - I didn't realize that the admins had stated there were no living humans, since it's only in a forum post and nowhere in the encyclopedia or on the tumblr at all. My bad, have fun with the RP. ))
((I really don't care either way, though I would probably prefer no humans.)
((I really don't care either way, though I would probably prefer no humans.)
tXKbExw.png
@alcibiades

Okay. I'm sorry that this RP isn't a fit for you.
@alcibiades

Okay. I'm sorry that this RP isn't a fit for you.
((Okay. That means less work for me right there. If anyone is interested, my method of inserting an Inquisitor was a cryo-chamber aboard a wrecked ship that crashed before the Gods awoke.))
((Okay. That means less work for me right there. If anyone is interested, my method of inserting an Inquisitor was a cryo-chamber aboard a wrecked ship that crashed before the Gods awoke.))
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@Denri @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood

Zenith spread her wings, allowing the sun to warm her dark hide. The peak of the mountain was surprisingly warm for the season, and it was a welcome reprieve from the chill of the trip.

The Guardian hadn’t yet reached her full growth, but she was already quite large even by her species’ standards. Her pale green eyes – the mark of her bond to the Windsinger, she still found herself humming the songs under her breath, though the prayers brought her little comfort – turned to the dragons at her side.

“You have a report?” The rumble of her voice was carefully controlled.

The one she addressed stopped darting around her head for a moment, and she could get a better look at the other dragon. Elderberry was thinner than she remembered, her grey scales gone dull as a stone, and her Arcane-purple eyes dulled with exhaustion. The Fae’s silver-blue crest was flared as if in excitement, but Zenith noted the familiar, tense curl of Berry’s tail.

“You have a report?” She asked again, insistent.

“Perhaps I should go first?” The Mirror dragon seated in her shadow was the antithesis of all his species represented – his shadowy wings pressed close to his back instead of outspread in a threatening display, long, whiplike tail curled neatly around his feet as if he were a great cat. Anabiel had changed little since he was a hatchling.

“The Flights are moving to form an alliance against our brothers.” He chuckled. “I’m sure they don’t taste the irony.”

“It’s the same,” Berry drifted in loose figure eights, circling Zenith and Ana’s heads in turns. “It’s the same with Arcane, they’re talking with neighbors, talking with old enemies.” Her crest drew close to her neck in a show of deep disgust. “I do not have a taste for them, these arrogant ones. When can I come home?”

Ana hissed softly, his purple eyes narrowing. “We can talk about home when the mission is -”

Zenith’s rumble silenced them both. “You haven’t told me anything I couldn’t guess. This is…disappointing. If you have nothing left to say, go rejoin the flights. If you don’t find out something useful before you return, don’t bother coming back.”

If there was a twinge of guilt at talking to them that way, it didn’t show in the set of her wings. She was made of stone and ice, and she would not be moved.

Berry was a blur in the air before Zenith finished speaking, shooting in the direction of the Starfall Isles without a sound. Ana, on the other hand, flicked his tail impudently against her shoulder, his jaws spread in what passed for a toothy grin. “So cold, mother. You’ve spent too long in that icebox.”

Then he too was gone to lurk in the shadows of the tangled woods. He seemed to love it there. When their war was less in earnest, he took great pleasure in telling her of luring the Lightweaver’s children into the dark.

She shook off the thought and set her sights for the Southern Icefield. There was so much work to do – defenses to undermine, hatchlings to corrupt - and so little time.

OOC: Sorry if this is craptastic.

@Denri: Yeah, ping order will work.
@Denri @Gucumatz @Winterling @Mumble @iugulum @Callide @Westwood

Zenith spread her wings, allowing the sun to warm her dark hide. The peak of the mountain was surprisingly warm for the season, and it was a welcome reprieve from the chill of the trip.

The Guardian hadn’t yet reached her full growth, but she was already quite large even by her species’ standards. Her pale green eyes – the mark of her bond to the Windsinger, she still found herself humming the songs under her breath, though the prayers brought her little comfort – turned to the dragons at her side.

“You have a report?” The rumble of her voice was carefully controlled.

The one she addressed stopped darting around her head for a moment, and she could get a better look at the other dragon. Elderberry was thinner than she remembered, her grey scales gone dull as a stone, and her Arcane-purple eyes dulled with exhaustion. The Fae’s silver-blue crest was flared as if in excitement, but Zenith noted the familiar, tense curl of Berry’s tail.

“You have a report?” She asked again, insistent.

“Perhaps I should go first?” The Mirror dragon seated in her shadow was the antithesis of all his species represented – his shadowy wings pressed close to his back instead of outspread in a threatening display, long, whiplike tail curled neatly around his feet as if he were a great cat. Anabiel had changed little since he was a hatchling.

“The Flights are moving to form an alliance against our brothers.” He chuckled. “I’m sure they don’t taste the irony.”

“It’s the same,” Berry drifted in loose figure eights, circling Zenith and Ana’s heads in turns. “It’s the same with Arcane, they’re talking with neighbors, talking with old enemies.” Her crest drew close to her neck in a show of deep disgust. “I do not have a taste for them, these arrogant ones. When can I come home?”

Ana hissed softly, his purple eyes narrowing. “We can talk about home when the mission is -”

Zenith’s rumble silenced them both. “You haven’t told me anything I couldn’t guess. This is…disappointing. If you have nothing left to say, go rejoin the flights. If you don’t find out something useful before you return, don’t bother coming back.”

If there was a twinge of guilt at talking to them that way, it didn’t show in the set of her wings. She was made of stone and ice, and she would not be moved.

Berry was a blur in the air before Zenith finished speaking, shooting in the direction of the Starfall Isles without a sound. Ana, on the other hand, flicked his tail impudently against her shoulder, his jaws spread in what passed for a toothy grin. “So cold, mother. You’ve spent too long in that icebox.”

Then he too was gone to lurk in the shadows of the tangled woods. He seemed to love it there. When their war was less in earnest, he took great pleasure in telling her of luring the Lightweaver’s children into the dark.

She shook off the thought and set her sights for the Southern Icefield. There was so much work to do – defenses to undermine, hatchlings to corrupt - and so little time.

OOC: Sorry if this is craptastic.

@Denri: Yeah, ping order will work.
it hadn't been more than a fortnight since savari received word of the "uprising" when she managed to find herself upon the mountain that served as its headquarters. of course, the mirror moved quickly, but due to her breed's limited capacity for flight, even magically-aided travel over such excessively rough terrain was a challenge. still, savari's energy reserves were large enough that she was only mildly drained by the time she spied the summit's base.

of course, the climb itself was going to be irritatingly grueling.

savari pouted (an incredibly bizarre face for a dragon, but one she nevertheless made), huffing a short, sharp breath and glaring at the peak. "disgusting! they expect, believe, i should climb all the way to the top of the mountain? just to hear their plots, their schemes? absurd! outrageous! stupid! of all the things, this is what they have me do, is it? hmpf."

the mirror continued to complain along those same lines, occasionally repeating her entire speech verbatim, as she made her way up the summit. this lasted for about an hour, before savari dissolved into a fit of giggles, pausing in her journey to topple over and laugh. it was simply too hilarious! receiving a message about a force for chaos! how does one even create a group to spread discord? harmony has no place amongst its members! "they expect such a thing to hold together! it's preposterous! i love it!"

savari began humming to herself, gleefully resuming her climb. the only thing that interrupted her... "music"... was the occasional spasm of laughter that she couldn't force down. what a glorious day it is!

((pinging @gucumatz your turn!))
it hadn't been more than a fortnight since savari received word of the "uprising" when she managed to find herself upon the mountain that served as its headquarters. of course, the mirror moved quickly, but due to her breed's limited capacity for flight, even magically-aided travel over such excessively rough terrain was a challenge. still, savari's energy reserves were large enough that she was only mildly drained by the time she spied the summit's base.

of course, the climb itself was going to be irritatingly grueling.

savari pouted (an incredibly bizarre face for a dragon, but one she nevertheless made), huffing a short, sharp breath and glaring at the peak. "disgusting! they expect, believe, i should climb all the way to the top of the mountain? just to hear their plots, their schemes? absurd! outrageous! stupid! of all the things, this is what they have me do, is it? hmpf."

the mirror continued to complain along those same lines, occasionally repeating her entire speech verbatim, as she made her way up the summit. this lasted for about an hour, before savari dissolved into a fit of giggles, pausing in her journey to topple over and laugh. it was simply too hilarious! receiving a message about a force for chaos! how does one even create a group to spread discord? harmony has no place amongst its members! "they expect such a thing to hold together! it's preposterous! i love it!"

savari began humming to herself, gleefully resuming her climb. the only thing that interrupted her... "music"... was the occasional spasm of laughter that she couldn't force down. what a glorious day it is!

((pinging @gucumatz your turn!))
J1Hn7rK.png
((Is it too late to seek entry into this little diversion?))
((Is it too late to seek entry into this little diversion?))
((@Ith: @absoluteblue is the DM for this, so ask them. @Everyone: For the sake of cross-RP continuity, let's say that this is post 'The Arcane Conclave.'))
((@Ith: @absoluteblue is the DM for this, so ask them. @Everyone: For the sake of cross-RP continuity, let's say that this is post 'The Arcane Conclave.'))
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
((@the13inquisitor i get the impression ith was asking her, first off, and second, i don't see why other rps should even matter or be a thing that we have to agree on. or reference, really. but alright, cool.

also, i think you kinda posted out of order, but since you're not actually on the ping list, i guess just roll with it))
((@the13inquisitor i get the impression ith was asking her, first off, and second, i don't see why other rps should even matter or be a thing that we have to agree on. or reference, really. but alright, cool.

also, i think you kinda posted out of order, but since you're not actually on the ping list, i guess just roll with it))
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15