Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mega Man Paradox OOC / Planning
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 142 143
"It's only 15 Pages! It can't be that lo-"
If you're interested in reading this, feel free to subscribe to the IC :)
The IC is --> Here

Prologue: (Page 1)
Chapter 1: (Page 10)

Word Count (Click this for archive): [1/2/24] 197,940 (Page 15, Post 142)
Random Stuff: Here

(Here's the OG post contents)

Hiya there! I'm Dingasoid! I mainly participate in Multifandom RPs, but I want to find a specific-fandom RP this time.

I was wondering how many people would be interested in a Mega Man RP, and I'd be alright with a 1x1 or a group of any size. Personally, I can play characters from all of the settings except for Star Force as I haven't gotten the chance to play those games yet.

I was thinking we could do a paradox / timeline crossover plot, but I need to flesh out a good idea for it. So yeah, discussion and brainstorming for the plot is highly encouraged. I'd be fine with a setting-specific RP anyways. (i.e: Classic, Battle Network, etc.)
"It's only 15 Pages! It can't be that lo-"
If you're interested in reading this, feel free to subscribe to the IC :)
The IC is --> Here

Prologue: (Page 1)
Chapter 1: (Page 10)

Word Count (Click this for archive): [1/2/24] 197,940 (Page 15, Post 142)
Random Stuff: Here

(Here's the OG post contents)

Hiya there! I'm Dingasoid! I mainly participate in Multifandom RPs, but I want to find a specific-fandom RP this time.

I was wondering how many people would be interested in a Mega Man RP, and I'd be alright with a 1x1 or a group of any size. Personally, I can play characters from all of the settings except for Star Force as I haven't gotten the chance to play those games yet.

I was thinking we could do a paradox / timeline crossover plot, but I need to flesh out a good idea for it. So yeah, discussion and brainstorming for the plot is highly encouraged. I'd be fine with a setting-specific RP anyways. (i.e: Classic, Battle Network, etc.)
40d328c43be268b5d074dbc874b8ba24.jpg
Time to ping some potential players.

(Breathes in)

@SoulLugia11 @ClaratheBlaziken @Hanafuda
Time to ping some potential players.

(Breathes in)

@SoulLugia11 @ClaratheBlaziken @Hanafuda
[img]https://media.tenor.com/ga7BMd6G5FcAAAAd/crash-into-store-destroy.gif[/img] After 2 unsuccessful 1x1s....
crash-into-store-destroy.gif

After 2 unsuccessful 1x1s....
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
Huh? I’ve been mentioned? This is unexpected. But yeah, I’d be down for some Mega Man RP stuff so long as I can play as one of the boss Mavericks and flesh them out.
Huh? I’ve been mentioned? This is unexpected. But yeah, I’d be down for some Mega Man RP stuff so long as I can play as one of the boss Mavericks and flesh them out.
Yeah I'll let you guys be anyone, OC or Canon.
Yeah I'll let you guys be anyone, OC or Canon.
I wonder if the plot will be similar to Mega Man X DiVE, where all the characters are there because of some data backups in an in-universe game that connects the entire X timeline as well as the other games in the series, like the Classic and Battle Network timelines.
I wonder if the plot will be similar to Mega Man X DiVE, where all the characters are there because of some data backups in an in-universe game that connects the entire X timeline as well as the other games in the series, like the Classic and Battle Network timelines.
*kicks and shatters a glass door* Summoned, I have been! Have some random made-up pop tarts! [img]https://i.redd.it/ka3ak7am4nn31.jpg[/img] Now this is the perfect opportunity to get back into my previous major Mega Man phases, and I’ll take it! The X series and Battle Network series are my favorites; I think Battle Network had a bit of a larger presence in my hyperfixation, since I remember watching the heck out of the anime adaptation (I’m very tempted to go back and watch it again for old time’s sake), and my first Mega Man fandragon on here was MegaMan.EXE! Oh yeah, Mega Man DiVE! I remember that! A crossover plot like that would be interesting. I’m a sucker for crossover/paradox plots in general, of course ^^
*kicks and shatters a glass door* Summoned, I have been! Have some random made-up pop tarts!

ka3ak7am4nn31.jpg

Now this is the perfect opportunity to get back into my previous major Mega Man phases, and I’ll take it! The X series and Battle Network series are my favorites; I think Battle Network had a bit of a larger presence in my hyperfixation, since I remember watching the heck out of the anime adaptation (I’m very tempted to go back and watch it again for old time’s sake), and my first Mega Man fandragon on here was MegaMan.EXE!

Oh yeah, Mega Man DiVE! I remember that! A crossover plot like that would be interesting. I’m a sucker for crossover/paradox plots in general, of course ^^
xk7ymDQ.png
I'm a loser so Z/ZX are my favorites but I'd totally be down for a paradox thing
I'm a loser so Z/ZX are my favorites but I'd totally be down for a paradox thing
Everyone knows that Tire Track Pop Tarts are the only really good flavor of those lol.

Okay okay, here's a premise I came up with today:

(Breathes in)

Prepare your eyes and mind. This is long.

Alrighty... in an alternate timeline of the X series, the Mavericks have been the victorious ones instead of vice-versa. All of the Maverick Hunters have vanished, innocent reploids are being captured and given the maverick viruses against will, and most of humanity has been wiped out. Both sides have been desperate to find a way to stop this madness. So, this leads to the creation of cyber elves. One of these cyber elves in particular was very powerful...

With a little more research and studying, the first ever working time machine was created. However, it could only send a few people back in time at once... who would never be able to return back. There was plenty of discussion on who to send, and it was decided that a human researcher would be the one to go... his name was Dr. Hikari. Anyways, Dr. Hikari sent himself back to a time before the creation of the first self-aware machines and prepared himself for the next step...

As Dr. Wily and Dr. Light went to their government to get funding for their robot project (this was before they became enemies), they had found that their proposals had been sabotaged! Everything that the two scientists would have presented had mysteriously vanished! They were given one more month to finish their proposals, but by the time they had started working on it, someone else had already gotten the grants for their own project... one focused on developing the internet.

Turns out, Dr. Hikari had gone against what he was supposed to do. Instead of just jumping back to stop the creation of the Sigma and all other reploid-behavioral-changing viruses, he went back and prevented the creation of reploids and self-aware robots as a whole. Many of the other survivors and researchers back home were not happy about this decision and sent several others to correct the mistake, but it was too late... the timeline had been replaced with a new one, and everyone stuck in the past began to meld to the new time. All memories they had of the time they came from were gone, and they were being replaced with false ones of this new world... Even the reploids that had been sent back in time had forgotten about themselves and believed that they were your typical humans at the time. Dr. Hikari was the last to forget, but he found himself living a normal life. He was hired to work at the famous SciLab and got married some time not too far in the future.

But something is not right... Like anyone could guess, trying to erase an entire future resulted in unbalance. Even if the universe tried to correct itself, there were still 'fragments' left over from the 'erased' timeline. It kept trying to pop back into existence, from the little to large details... This strange event only really started happening around 199X and beyond though... (A decade before Battle Network takes place) Many people claimed to have seen 'glowing little fairies' ruining their PETs, others had dreams of alternate versions of themselves living in a world full of 'robot people', and there were many successful and popular pieces of media based off this 'futuristic wonderland' that came around. For example, comics, movies, toys, anything you could think of.

Sometime later, the timeline had split into two different branches, and the occurrences of the weird dreams and 'mass hysteria' had gone away. Now, we have the one where the internet project was funded (Battle Network -> Star Force) and the one where the robot project was funded (Classic -> X -> Zero -> ZX -> Legends). Yet, those who came from the nearly-erased future were still stuck in the time that they had created. Unlike the doomed world the machines came from, the Mavericks were defeated... (so basically it's just the normal canon that we know of those games).

However... there were others that followed along the "time-travel save everyone" mission... Everyone else has their own 'solution' to "fixing" their world... if they could just get their hands on the Cyber Elf and recreate the time machine that allowed for the originals to travel backwards and change the world, then maybe they could too...

I think that sounds pretty good. Anyone else got any other things to add on to this? Any other thoughts?

Afterwards, we will discuss activities, ideals, good guy and bad guy planning.
Everyone knows that Tire Track Pop Tarts are the only really good flavor of those lol.

Okay okay, here's a premise I came up with today:

(Breathes in)

Prepare your eyes and mind. This is long.

Alrighty... in an alternate timeline of the X series, the Mavericks have been the victorious ones instead of vice-versa. All of the Maverick Hunters have vanished, innocent reploids are being captured and given the maverick viruses against will, and most of humanity has been wiped out. Both sides have been desperate to find a way to stop this madness. So, this leads to the creation of cyber elves. One of these cyber elves in particular was very powerful...

With a little more research and studying, the first ever working time machine was created. However, it could only send a few people back in time at once... who would never be able to return back. There was plenty of discussion on who to send, and it was decided that a human researcher would be the one to go... his name was Dr. Hikari. Anyways, Dr. Hikari sent himself back to a time before the creation of the first self-aware machines and prepared himself for the next step...

As Dr. Wily and Dr. Light went to their government to get funding for their robot project (this was before they became enemies), they had found that their proposals had been sabotaged! Everything that the two scientists would have presented had mysteriously vanished! They were given one more month to finish their proposals, but by the time they had started working on it, someone else had already gotten the grants for their own project... one focused on developing the internet.

Turns out, Dr. Hikari had gone against what he was supposed to do. Instead of just jumping back to stop the creation of the Sigma and all other reploid-behavioral-changing viruses, he went back and prevented the creation of reploids and self-aware robots as a whole. Many of the other survivors and researchers back home were not happy about this decision and sent several others to correct the mistake, but it was too late... the timeline had been replaced with a new one, and everyone stuck in the past began to meld to the new time. All memories they had of the time they came from were gone, and they were being replaced with false ones of this new world... Even the reploids that had been sent back in time had forgotten about themselves and believed that they were your typical humans at the time. Dr. Hikari was the last to forget, but he found himself living a normal life. He was hired to work at the famous SciLab and got married some time not too far in the future.

But something is not right... Like anyone could guess, trying to erase an entire future resulted in unbalance. Even if the universe tried to correct itself, there were still 'fragments' left over from the 'erased' timeline. It kept trying to pop back into existence, from the little to large details... This strange event only really started happening around 199X and beyond though... (A decade before Battle Network takes place) Many people claimed to have seen 'glowing little fairies' ruining their PETs, others had dreams of alternate versions of themselves living in a world full of 'robot people', and there were many successful and popular pieces of media based off this 'futuristic wonderland' that came around. For example, comics, movies, toys, anything you could think of.

Sometime later, the timeline had split into two different branches, and the occurrences of the weird dreams and 'mass hysteria' had gone away. Now, we have the one where the internet project was funded (Battle Network -> Star Force) and the one where the robot project was funded (Classic -> X -> Zero -> ZX -> Legends). Yet, those who came from the nearly-erased future were still stuck in the time that they had created. Unlike the doomed world the machines came from, the Mavericks were defeated... (so basically it's just the normal canon that we know of those games).

However... there were others that followed along the "time-travel save everyone" mission... Everyone else has their own 'solution' to "fixing" their world... if they could just get their hands on the Cyber Elf and recreate the time machine that allowed for the originals to travel backwards and change the world, then maybe they could too...

I think that sounds pretty good. Anyone else got any other things to add on to this? Any other thoughts?

Afterwards, we will discuss activities, ideals, good guy and bad guy planning.
Okay you weren't kidding when you told me it would be long

That sounds really cool though!
Okay you weren't kidding when you told me it would be long

That sounds really cool though!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 142 143