Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Summoning Rowan (1x1 w/ BFD)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 299 300
After coming to the conclusion that the air here was breathable, Rowan did his best to turn his focus to the stranger. He could register that they were talking to him, but it took him much longer to figure out what, exactly, they were saying.

May I touch you?

Okay. Progress. He could figure out at least that much.

He hesitated for a moment, then nodded faintly, tearing his gaze away from the stranger’s face and instead focusing on a particular spot on the ground. He just needed to get himself under control enough to snap out of this.
After coming to the conclusion that the air here was breathable, Rowan did his best to turn his focus to the stranger. He could register that they were talking to him, but it took him much longer to figure out what, exactly, they were saying.

May I touch you?

Okay. Progress. He could figure out at least that much.

He hesitated for a moment, then nodded faintly, tearing his gaze away from the stranger’s face and instead focusing on a particular spot on the ground. He just needed to get himself under control enough to snap out of this.
what if you pm'd me to be my friend? haha jk jk jk...
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
Leonis moved to pull the stranger into a hug once he'd been given the okay, lightly patting them down to check for concealed weapons before properly hugging them once he'd deemed it safe. "In and out, stranger. Deep breaths. You're alright, I've got you, you're safe."
Leonis moved to pull the stranger into a hug once he'd been given the okay, lightly patting them down to check for concealed weapons before properly hugging them once he'd deemed it safe. "In and out, stranger. Deep breaths. You're alright, I've got you, you're safe."
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

P9aWhak.png soseY8L.pngTl1dGxE.pngv2PJF9u.pngJvUa9ma.png
Rowan let them hug him, finding the embrace far more comforting than it had any right to be, coming from someone he did not know, even a little. He focused on their voice, and after a few minutes, his breathing had leveled off enough that he could actually manage to speak again. “I—Thank you, I’m sorry, I’m… I’m not supposed to be here, something—something is wrong,” he stammered, shaking his head to attempt to clear the probably-hallucination one more time.
Rowan let them hug him, finding the embrace far more comforting than it had any right to be, coming from someone he did not know, even a little. He focused on their voice, and after a few minutes, his breathing had leveled off enough that he could actually manage to speak again. “I—Thank you, I’m sorry, I’m… I’m not supposed to be here, something—something is wrong,” he stammered, shaking his head to attempt to clear the probably-hallucination one more time.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
"I was wondering where you were from," Leonis commented, keeping his voice light. This person was clearly already nervous, there wasn't any reason to send them into a panic. "What's wrong, stranger? How did you get here? Were you kidnapped?"
"I was wondering where you were from," Leonis commented, keeping his voice light. This person was clearly already nervous, there wasn't any reason to send them into a panic. "What's wrong, stranger? How did you get here? Were you kidnapped?"
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

“I… I don’t know, I was working, on the ship—the Skeld, I work for MIRA, I—and then I was just here, but I don’t know how I got here or even where here is, and I don’t know how to get back—“ He stopped abruptly, dropping his head into his hands. Slowly, something in the back of his mind was starting to whisper that maybe he wasn’t hallucinating, that this was real, and that thought was far more terrifying.
“I… I don’t know, I was working, on the ship—the Skeld, I work for MIRA, I—and then I was just here, but I don’t know how I got here or even where here is, and I don’t know how to get back—“ He stopped abruptly, dropping his head into his hands. Slowly, something in the back of his mind was starting to whisper that maybe he wasn’t hallucinating, that this was real, and that thought was far more terrifying.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
"Skeld? Odd name for a boat, yeah? Is MIRA your employer? Which kingdom are they based in? We're going to do our best to get you home, alright?" Leonis patted them on the back, trying to fit the pieces presented to him together.

Maybe it was a magical mishap, if they just appeared here? Maybe Vissé'll be able to help...

"What's your name? I can't keep going on and calling you 'stranger'," he joked lightly, trying to keep them calm. "I'm Leonis. I'm sure you've heard of me if you've ever heard of Relucea, but let's ignore that for now."
"Skeld? Odd name for a boat, yeah? Is MIRA your employer? Which kingdom are they based in? We're going to do our best to get you home, alright?" Leonis patted them on the back, trying to fit the pieces presented to him together.

Maybe it was a magical mishap, if they just appeared here? Maybe Vissé'll be able to help...

"What's your name? I can't keep going on and calling you 'stranger'," he joked lightly, trying to keep them calm. "I'm Leonis. I'm sure you've heard of me if you've ever heard of Relucea, but let's ignore that for now."

Rowan’s mind came to a screeching halt.

“… The Skeld isn’t a boat,” was the first thing he managed to say, remarkably unhelpfully. “It’s, uh. A spaceship. And MIRA is… the space exploration company? The really big global one?” He blinked at the stranger—Leonis—as it started to dawn on him that things were much more wrong than he had thought. “Uh. I’m… my name is Rowan, I’ve… I’m sorry, I‘ve never heard of you or—or Relucea?”
Rowan’s mind came to a screeching halt.

“… The Skeld isn’t a boat,” was the first thing he managed to say, remarkably unhelpfully. “It’s, uh. A spaceship. And MIRA is… the space exploration company? The really big global one?” He blinked at the stranger—Leonis—as it started to dawn on him that things were much more wrong than he had thought. “Uh. I’m… my name is Rowan, I’ve… I’m sorry, I‘ve never heard of you or—or Relucea?”
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
Leonis blinked at him, then laughed. "Okay, sure," he said agreeably, mentally noting down possibly drugged on his list of Puzzle Pieces. No one had been to space, and for good reason—the gods lived there! No one wanted to trespass on a god's front lawn!

"That's alright if you haven't heard of me. You must be very confused right now, but we're going to take care of you. Would you like to come up to the castle? We can get you looked at by the medics, make sure you're not injured at all, and then we can go see the Archmage to see if we can't figure out what brought you here. Some kind of teleportation spell gone wrong is my best guess, but I haven't got a magic bone in my body. Archmage Talovaire is the expert here, after all." He smiled, a touch proud. "Best damn mage in a five hundred mile radius, probably more. He's your best bet."
Leonis blinked at him, then laughed. "Okay, sure," he said agreeably, mentally noting down possibly drugged on his list of Puzzle Pieces. No one had been to space, and for good reason—the gods lived there! No one wanted to trespass on a god's front lawn!

"That's alright if you haven't heard of me. You must be very confused right now, but we're going to take care of you. Would you like to come up to the castle? We can get you looked at by the medics, make sure you're not injured at all, and then we can go see the Archmage to see if we can't figure out what brought you here. Some kind of teleportation spell gone wrong is my best guess, but I haven't got a magic bone in my body. Archmage Talovaire is the expert here, after all." He smiled, a touch proud. "Best damn mage in a five hundred mile radius, probably more. He's your best bet."

“Castle? Archmage? Teleportation spell? I—what are you talking about?” Rowan couldn’t make sense of half of what Leonis was saying to him—he was talking like a character from a fantasy novel, and that made absolutely no sense. “Magic isn’t—is this some kind of joke, or something?”

At least if it was some kind of joke, that would explain the weird outfit, if not how he had ended up here in the first place.

Maybe he’s telling the truth, a little voice in the back of his mind suggested. It certainly seems like magic—

He quickly silenced that train of thought, because if he let it continue for even a moment longer, he’d probably start panicking again.
“Castle? Archmage? Teleportation spell? I—what are you talking about?” Rowan couldn’t make sense of half of what Leonis was saying to him—he was talking like a character from a fantasy novel, and that made absolutely no sense. “Magic isn’t—is this some kind of joke, or something?”

At least if it was some kind of joke, that would explain the weird outfit, if not how he had ended up here in the first place.

Maybe he’s telling the truth, a little voice in the back of his mind suggested. It certainly seems like magic—

He quickly silenced that train of thought, because if he let it continue for even a moment longer, he’d probably start panicking again.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
"Yeah, definitely confused," he murmured to himself, before looking Rowan over again. "Let's get you somewhere more comfortable, hmm? Are you injured, Rowan? Can you walk?"
"Yeah, definitely confused," he murmured to himself, before looking Rowan over again. "Let's get you somewhere more comfortable, hmm? Are you injured, Rowan? Can you walk?"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 299 300