Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/Sprinklez1234
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 127 128
Blair
She nodded, "Oh we are definitely 'primative.' We don't use guns or blasters around here. They have been offered to us before but... Those bring too many concerns...." She shivered at the thought of them. They were also just very loud, and no one around here enjoyed loud sounds. Loud sounds meant danger.

"It really depends on what the weapon will be used for. We use hard stone and fallen branches to craft spears and axes, but for the Docilatas, I use metal. They need metal to fight against machines, so they use metal variants of those. Scythes too." Blair suddenly perked her ears as she remembered het favorite weapon, "They also use these large chains with heavy chunks of metal at the end... Bolas! That's the word on Earth. Used to tie up the legs of larger machines and trip them, it's super cool!"
Blair
She nodded, "Oh we are definitely 'primative.' We don't use guns or blasters around here. They have been offered to us before but... Those bring too many concerns...." She shivered at the thought of them. They were also just very loud, and no one around here enjoyed loud sounds. Loud sounds meant danger.

"It really depends on what the weapon will be used for. We use hard stone and fallen branches to craft spears and axes, but for the Docilatas, I use metal. They need metal to fight against machines, so they use metal variants of those. Scythes too." Blair suddenly perked her ears as she remembered het favorite weapon, "They also use these large chains with heavy chunks of metal at the end... Bolas! That's the word on Earth. Used to tie up the legs of larger machines and trip them, it's super cool!"
Jake
"That's fine. I understand. And, that is very wise to use metal against machines. Wooden spears would break like toothpicks." He said, approving of their decisions in weapon making. "I do have guns with me in my ship, but I respect you guys not liking guns, so I won't be using them here."

He didn't want to disrespect Blair, Vet, or anyone else. He had to be mindful of different cultures in each planet.
Jake
"That's fine. I understand. And, that is very wise to use metal against machines. Wooden spears would break like toothpicks." He said, approving of their decisions in weapon making. "I do have guns with me in my ship, but I respect you guys not liking guns, so I won't be using them here."

He didn't want to disrespect Blair, Vet, or anyone else. He had to be mindful of different cultures in each planet.
Blair
"Thank you. We appreciate that." She was unsure if guns would even work well against machines... Maybe if they were long piercing bullets, but that would be a crazy weapon. Melee and possibly bows would have to do.

Kitter stirred a little in his sleep and let out a huff as if he were dreaming of something. Blair noticed, that reminded her of something else she wanted to ask, "You mentioned before that you were sent to capture him... So you are sort of a bounty hunter, right? What's your kind of work like?"
Blair
"Thank you. We appreciate that." She was unsure if guns would even work well against machines... Maybe if they were long piercing bullets, but that would be a crazy weapon. Melee and possibly bows would have to do.

Kitter stirred a little in his sleep and let out a huff as if he were dreaming of something. Blair noticed, that reminded her of something else she wanted to ask, "You mentioned before that you were sent to capture him... So you are sort of a bounty hunter, right? What's your kind of work like?"
Jake
"No problem." he said, with a friendly smile. He still was a very nice and respectful man. He wasn't those kind of people who went places without considering the rules and such. That's why he tried to take what he could when bounty hunting to avoid conflict with the native aliens.

Jake started to pet Kitter's head again, hoping that would calm his cute little friend. "Ah, yes.... I am a bounty hunter. I try to capture criminals and turn them in for money. I also participate in cage fighting... Not the best job, but it pays well. I haven't really told Kitter that yet." He said. He wasn't sure what he would think if he had known. "It's a very dangerous job. I have the scars to prove it. I wasn't educated that well. Just enough to have an understanding of simple things. Driving my ship took a long time for me to get the hang of. Everything I do is self taught. I'd rather be a bounty hunter than a janitor."
Jake
"No problem." he said, with a friendly smile. He still was a very nice and respectful man. He wasn't those kind of people who went places without considering the rules and such. That's why he tried to take what he could when bounty hunting to avoid conflict with the native aliens.

Jake started to pet Kitter's head again, hoping that would calm his cute little friend. "Ah, yes.... I am a bounty hunter. I try to capture criminals and turn them in for money. I also participate in cage fighting... Not the best job, but it pays well. I haven't really told Kitter that yet." He said. He wasn't sure what he would think if he had known. "It's a very dangerous job. I have the scars to prove it. I wasn't educated that well. Just enough to have an understanding of simple things. Driving my ship took a long time for me to get the hang of. Everything I do is self taught. I'd rather be a bounty hunter than a janitor."
Blair
Kitter did end up stilling, no longer making any noises.The pets were enjoyed, even if he were unconscious.

She looked back at Jake with awe as she listened. That sounded extremely dangerous! And he taught himself how to do it all? What an natural. "Woah... Really? You are so brave! Wish I had those kinds of guts..." Her tail waved happily, "No wonder you two get along so well, you both do pretty similar things! If not one being intentionally dangerous work and other not so much..."
Blair
Kitter did end up stilling, no longer making any noises.The pets were enjoyed, even if he were unconscious.

She looked back at Jake with awe as she listened. That sounded extremely dangerous! And he taught himself how to do it all? What an natural. "Woah... Really? You are so brave! Wish I had those kinds of guts..." Her tail waved happily, "No wonder you two get along so well, you both do pretty similar things! If not one being intentionally dangerous work and other not so much..."
Jake
"Erm- Yeah...Heh... My work has come to a stop though.I got myself wrapped up with the Jyts. They want us both now. Though, i'm unsure why they'd want me since I'm just a hybrid." He said, as he continued to pet Kitter. He was glad that the giant furball relaxed some now.

"If I had turned in Kitter, I would've never been paid and be kidnapped instead. It was wise of me to not turn in Kitter. Even if I didn't know at first."
Jake
"Erm- Yeah...Heh... My work has come to a stop though.I got myself wrapped up with the Jyts. They want us both now. Though, i'm unsure why they'd want me since I'm just a hybrid." He said, as he continued to pet Kitter. He was glad that the giant furball relaxed some now.

"If I had turned in Kitter, I would've never been paid and be kidnapped instead. It was wise of me to not turn in Kitter. Even if I didn't know at first."
bap))
bap))
Sorry I poofed oop ))

Blair

"Yeah that's... Understandable..." She huffed, "Their lead makes them be so shifty... It's disgusting. Again, happy you believed him, or else you both would've been through a much bigger world of pain I'd imagine." She looked up at the sky through the ceiling, "At least we are safe from them here. There may be some terrible things that came along with the benefit of being hidden on radars, but I think it was worth it. This place would be destroyed if they found out Kitter lives here, or possibly convince him to turn himself in to prevent that."
Sorry I poofed oop ))

Blair

"Yeah that's... Understandable..." She huffed, "Their lead makes them be so shifty... It's disgusting. Again, happy you believed him, or else you both would've been through a much bigger world of pain I'd imagine." She looked up at the sky through the ceiling, "At least we are safe from them here. There may be some terrible things that came along with the benefit of being hidden on radars, but I think it was worth it. This place would be destroyed if they found out Kitter lives here, or possibly convince him to turn himself in to prevent that."
Jake
"You guys are very lucky. I'm a little afraid of leaving though... But I know I can't stay here forever. I've never been hunted by someone before. It's a very scary scenario." He said, with a sigh and looking down at Kitter. "All I can do is stick with Kitter and protect him the best I can from those Jyts."
Jake
"You guys are very lucky. I'm a little afraid of leaving though... But I know I can't stay here forever. I've never been hunted by someone before. It's a very scary scenario." He said, with a sigh and looking down at Kitter. "All I can do is stick with Kitter and protect him the best I can from those Jyts."
Blair
"I know, I'm sure it is.... You'll be here for as long as you need. Kit won't be staying forever either. I know for sure he still wants to be out there, doing his thing. I can never get him to stay for very long..." She looked back at the two of them. They would need some kind of miracle weapon or something if they were going to be running into Jyts often... She just had zero clue of what that could be.

Blair jumped a little hearing a beeping outside. PET was still out there apparently. It was quite loud and jolted Kitter awake immediate. He tightly hugged Jake's lap, spooked at first, then quickly released him, "Sorr- wh-what happened?"

She got up and went to the door to peek through it, "Oh. Your Dorgale decided to uhm.. Play with her. Cranky cranky..." She opened it a little more and shooed them, "Pet go on, up top. Not point in draining here and eavesdropping!" She shut the door, "... Thing's got problems."
Blair
"I know, I'm sure it is.... You'll be here for as long as you need. Kit won't be staying forever either. I know for sure he still wants to be out there, doing his thing. I can never get him to stay for very long..." She looked back at the two of them. They would need some kind of miracle weapon or something if they were going to be running into Jyts often... She just had zero clue of what that could be.

Blair jumped a little hearing a beeping outside. PET was still out there apparently. It was quite loud and jolted Kitter awake immediate. He tightly hugged Jake's lap, spooked at first, then quickly released him, "Sorr- wh-what happened?"

She got up and went to the door to peek through it, "Oh. Your Dorgale decided to uhm.. Play with her. Cranky cranky..." She opened it a little more and shooed them, "Pet go on, up top. Not point in draining here and eavesdropping!" She shut the door, "... Thing's got problems."
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 127 128