Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with lr21vb
1 2 3 4
"I'm listening," Thana said slowly, suspiciously. Why would they let her go? What was the point? She fought to keep her expression neutral as she waited for him to go on.
"I'm listening," Thana said slowly, suspiciously. Why would they let her go? What was the point? She fought to keep her expression neutral as she waited for him to go on.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon

From his robes he procured an image of a young man. He stared blankly, face a stolid piece of calm. Around his eyes were several red markings that stood out against his brown skin, and a line of red stretched from the bridge of his nose all the way to his chin. It was immediately distinctive-- no one but the powerful or very lucky had those.

"This here is the quarry you're to capture and bring to us," he said. "Dead or alive? Well, alive, preferably, but we don't mind if you have a bit of fun with him. He can take at least a few hits."

From his robes he procured an image of a young man. He stared blankly, face a stolid piece of calm. Around his eyes were several red markings that stood out against his brown skin, and a line of red stretched from the bridge of his nose all the way to his chin. It was immediately distinctive-- no one but the powerful or very lucky had those.

"This here is the quarry you're to capture and bring to us," he said. "Dead or alive? Well, alive, preferably, but we don't mind if you have a bit of fun with him. He can take at least a few hits."

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

Thana studied the picture. She would've taken it in her hands to get a closer look if her hands weren't bound together.

"What is his name?" She asked, "And does he have any... weaknesses? Soft spots? Any strengths I should know about? Family I can target?"
Thana studied the picture. She would've taken it in her hands to get a closer look if her hands weren't bound together.

"What is his name?" She asked, "And does he have any... weaknesses? Soft spots? Any strengths I should know about? Family I can target?"
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Just a quick poke :)
Just a quick poke :)
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Thank you. I get lots of notifications so I might miss yours again, please poke me if I don't respond in a day.

"That," he held out his hand, "is for you to find out."

Vivid memories came to life; they were strangers to both her and each other, all disjointed and overwhelming in the quantity of sense and thought. In one, she-- or at least, the lens she was viewing this through-- was running through a forest. In another, they were in murky waters, and yet another was set against the backdrop of the city slums. They all ended the same way. A sudden flare of pain, then the dispersal of it throughout her body, culminating into a throbbing, vigorous hurt that turned the world black and silent. She took it as the memory-bearer's death.

In between the flashes of pain and panic, there were few things in common. One was the sound of rustling-- perhaps scales against cobble, or leaves against skin-- another was the sudden interception of whoever had been trying to sneak up on the target, and the third, a quiet humming noise right before the pain hit, always right before.
Thank you. I get lots of notifications so I might miss yours again, please poke me if I don't respond in a day.

"That," he held out his hand, "is for you to find out."

Vivid memories came to life; they were strangers to both her and each other, all disjointed and overwhelming in the quantity of sense and thought. In one, she-- or at least, the lens she was viewing this through-- was running through a forest. In another, they were in murky waters, and yet another was set against the backdrop of the city slums. They all ended the same way. A sudden flare of pain, then the dispersal of it throughout her body, culminating into a throbbing, vigorous hurt that turned the world black and silent. She took it as the memory-bearer's death.

In between the flashes of pain and panic, there were few things in common. One was the sound of rustling-- perhaps scales against cobble, or leaves against skin-- another was the sudden interception of whoever had been trying to sneak up on the target, and the third, a quiet humming noise right before the pain hit, always right before.

. . .

Thana jerked away, "Get out of my head," she hissed. "I need a name. And I also need you to let me out of these chains." Thana sighed, "Do you still have my weapons? My cloak? I'm not leaving without them."
Thana jerked away, "Get out of my head," she hissed. "I need a name. And I also need you to let me out of these chains." Thana sighed, "Do you still have my weapons? My cloak? I'm not leaving without them."
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon

He did as she said and the memories abated.

"His name is of no importance," he spoke methodically. Perhaps it was because he didn't know his name? Well, it was more likely that he didn't want her to know. "And you will be operating with state-issued equipment."

He raised his arm and two guards stepped out from the shadows, one holding a key. He watched as they unlocked Thana's cell and led her away, once more fading into the darkness. "Farewell, now, dear Thana."

Through the sightless tunnels and occasional glimpses of light from high barred windows she was brought to a simple but comfortable room. It had the amenities one would expect from a middle-class bedroom, and on said bed was a neatly-folded uniform. It comprised a padded suit, a hooded cloak, and a bag of weapons, all bearing the insignia of the ruling house in conspicuous places. They were easily detested. Across from the bed was a mirror, from which she could see herself as well as the window at the side of the bed.

She could feel something crawling up her back-- whether it was dread, anger, or her sins, she would have to inquire on her own.

He did as she said and the memories abated.

"His name is of no importance," he spoke methodically. Perhaps it was because he didn't know his name? Well, it was more likely that he didn't want her to know. "And you will be operating with state-issued equipment."

He raised his arm and two guards stepped out from the shadows, one holding a key. He watched as they unlocked Thana's cell and led her away, once more fading into the darkness. "Farewell, now, dear Thana."

Through the sightless tunnels and occasional glimpses of light from high barred windows she was brought to a simple but comfortable room. It had the amenities one would expect from a middle-class bedroom, and on said bed was a neatly-folded uniform. It comprised a padded suit, a hooded cloak, and a bag of weapons, all bearing the insignia of the ruling house in conspicuous places. They were easily detested. Across from the bed was a mirror, from which she could see herself as well as the window at the side of the bed.

She could feel something crawling up her back-- whether it was dread, anger, or her sins, she would have to inquire on her own.

. . .

Thana made sure to shoot one last hidden glare in his direction and closed the door behind her.

She made sure it was locked before she peeled off her tattered clothes and changed into the suit, throwing the black cloak around her shoulders and slipping on the boots. Everything fit perfectly. That was odd...

She set her silver mask over her face: The only one of her belongings that was still there, along with the silver necklace around her neck.

Thana pulled the hood up onto her head, sheathing a few throwing stars and knives on her utility belt.

She walked off down the hallway, ready for the mission ahead.

Thana walked through the streets of the city, ignoring the looks she got from the locals. She had a job to do and she intended to do it, and do it well.

She mounted her waiting black stallion and rode off into the forest, her black cloak billowing behind her.
Thana made sure to shoot one last hidden glare in his direction and closed the door behind her.

She made sure it was locked before she peeled off her tattered clothes and changed into the suit, throwing the black cloak around her shoulders and slipping on the boots. Everything fit perfectly. That was odd...

She set her silver mask over her face: The only one of her belongings that was still there, along with the silver necklace around her neck.

Thana pulled the hood up onto her head, sheathing a few throwing stars and knives on her utility belt.

She walked off down the hallway, ready for the mission ahead.

Thana walked through the streets of the city, ignoring the looks she got from the locals. She had a job to do and she intended to do it, and do it well.

She mounted her waiting black stallion and rode off into the forest, her black cloak billowing behind her.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon

The old man had already made it back to his chambers by the time Thana had gotten to the streets. The very forest that the small fortress slumbered within had been magically altered to change at each step, so she wouldn't be able to get in if her intentions were anything less than pure. With this knowledge in mind he took every stride in perfect confidence.

There was a purple-pinkish orb sitting at his desk in a spot where nothing had been before, and as the man spoke in tongues the wisps within swirled and hissed. Eventually they arranged themselves in the visage of a young man, the one with the striking red markings against tanned-brown skin. He looked as if he smelled revolting. The foliage surrounding his head was so thick that barely any light got through, and he was sitting so silently still that he might as well have been frozen in time.

At once he leapt, alas in vain. He moved back into his hiding spot and shifted his position, almost as if looking for something.

With a start the old man realized what he had been looking for, as he slowly turned his head to stare directly into his eyes. The image lingered for a moment, then dissipated into light laugher. The orb grew yet and yet more pinkish-purplish dark.

The old man had already made it back to his chambers by the time Thana had gotten to the streets. The very forest that the small fortress slumbered within had been magically altered to change at each step, so she wouldn't be able to get in if her intentions were anything less than pure. With this knowledge in mind he took every stride in perfect confidence.

There was a purple-pinkish orb sitting at his desk in a spot where nothing had been before, and as the man spoke in tongues the wisps within swirled and hissed. Eventually they arranged themselves in the visage of a young man, the one with the striking red markings against tanned-brown skin. He looked as if he smelled revolting. The foliage surrounding his head was so thick that barely any light got through, and he was sitting so silently still that he might as well have been frozen in time.

At once he leapt, alas in vain. He moved back into his hiding spot and shifted his position, almost as if looking for something.

With a start the old man realized what he had been looking for, as he slowly turned his head to stare directly into his eyes. The image lingered for a moment, then dissipated into light laugher. The orb grew yet and yet more pinkish-purplish dark.

. . .

Ahh! Sorry I fell asleep and forgot to get back to this!
Thana rode through the brush, wary of the changing surroundings. She had to duck a flying branch at one point, and steer clear of a ditch at another.

After twenty minutes, she finally got the hang of it.

She ran a hand through the horse's black mane as they rode deeper into the forest.
Ahh! Sorry I fell asleep and forgot to get back to this!
Thana rode through the brush, wary of the changing surroundings. She had to duck a flying branch at one point, and steer clear of a ditch at another.

After twenty minutes, she finally got the hang of it.

She ran a hand through the horse's black mane as they rode deeper into the forest.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
1 2 3 4