Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with lr21vb
1 2 3 4
@lr21vb Here it is!

If you don't like these or would like to change them I won't mind; let's have a discussion about it.

Setting
1. An isolated kingdom, either by geography or policy. Very few people are allowed in, fewer people are allowed out.
2. An entirely free city. It is rife with crime; freedom is as freedom does and only the strong and/or shrewd survive.
3. A paradise, far away from civilization. It has dangers of its own, but its beauty more than makes up for that.

Plot
1. A coup. Characters plan to overthrow some power. We can either play the side of the revolutionaries, the authority, or somewhere in between.
2. An escape plot. Self-explanatory.
3. An assassination. We can play cat and mouse in this one, basically.
4. A vacation. Things (preferably) go wrong.

Edit: I forgot to add, do you want to add character sheets in the beginning or make up our characters as we go along?

I am subbed.
@lr21vb Here it is!

If you don't like these or would like to change them I won't mind; let's have a discussion about it.

Setting
1. An isolated kingdom, either by geography or policy. Very few people are allowed in, fewer people are allowed out.
2. An entirely free city. It is rife with crime; freedom is as freedom does and only the strong and/or shrewd survive.
3. A paradise, far away from civilization. It has dangers of its own, but its beauty more than makes up for that.

Plot
1. A coup. Characters plan to overthrow some power. We can either play the side of the revolutionaries, the authority, or somewhere in between.
2. An escape plot. Self-explanatory.
3. An assassination. We can play cat and mouse in this one, basically.
4. A vacation. Things (preferably) go wrong.

Edit: I forgot to add, do you want to add character sheets in the beginning or make up our characters as we go along?

I am subbed.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

I think the assassination one in an isolated kingdom might be fun! What do you think?
I think let's do character sheets because that's easier for me so I've got things planned out.
I think the assassination one in an isolated kingdom might be fun! What do you think?
I think let's do character sheets because that's easier for me so I've got things planned out.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Alright, sounds good. Can we also set up basic worldbuilding? My character is humanoid, but his lower half is that of a snake's. I don't know if that aligns with your vision of the setting, so it'd just be common sense to get that out of the way first.
Alright, sounds good. Can we also set up basic worldbuilding? My character is humanoid, but his lower half is that of a snake's. I don't know if that aligns with your vision of the setting, so it'd just be common sense to get that out of the way first.

. . .

Yeah, that's fine! I have never really done anything with the lower half of a snake, though, I do think that is pretty cool.
Most likely, my character will be an elf or a human, but I have a really good idea for an elf character that I have been waiting to use.
Yeah, that's fine! I have never really done anything with the lower half of a snake, though, I do think that is pretty cool.
Most likely, my character will be an elf or a human, but I have a really good idea for an elf character that I have been waiting to use.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Ah, I see. I guess we can come up with the rest of the rules as we go along. I'll post my character. (will add on as needed)

Name:
Physical Description: A young man, clearly of high social rank. Against his tanned brown skin and light green eyes stand red markings and indistinguishably light hair. His ears are long and tapered like those of an elf's, and while that is common for those of his status his short hair is not. The locks at the very back seem to have been cut.
Mental Description:
Background:
Skills:
Other:
Ah, I see. I guess we can come up with the rest of the rules as we go along. I'll post my character. (will add on as needed)

Name:
Physical Description: A young man, clearly of high social rank. Against his tanned brown skin and light green eyes stand red markings and indistinguishably light hair. His ears are long and tapered like those of an elf's, and while that is common for those of his status his short hair is not. The locks at the very back seem to have been cut.
Mental Description:
Background:
Skills:
Other:

. . .

Alright. I couldn't find my elf OC... it's buried under piles of writing I don't feel like digging through haha so I just found this one I wrote the other day. I guess Thana could be an assassin or any other character, whatever you'd like! I also think perhaps an escape plot could be mixed in? Does the assassin escape? *Shrug* ----- Name: Thana Alastor Age: 27 Gender: Female Personality: Quiet, self kept, and slightly freaky, Thana is a tricky, mischievous girl who, if angered, can be deadly. She doesn't have much confidence and tends to speak in a soft, quiet voice. If you put her friends in danger, though, she will not hesitate to kill you. She also has major trust issues due to her horrifying past that little people know about. Thana lost her parents in a... freak accident is what she calls it. She is cautious and shows little emotion, most of the time. She's also freakishly smart and insanely clever. When people get to know her, they may also come to notice how annoyingly stubborn she really is. Appearance: [img]https://i.imgur.com/nDhfV7G.png[/img] [size=1](Image belongs to Kasakae)[/size] Skills: No one really knows what skills Thana has. She's a great shot and can be deadly if she gets her hands on a pistol or bow and arrow. Though, she highly dislikes hand to hand combat. She prefers to use mental strategy to confuse her enemy and take them out fast, swiftly, and painlessly. Background: Thana doesn't like to talk about her backstory, but her parents died in a freak accident that Thana supposedly caused. Thana was arguing with her parents about lord knows what and she got upset. She balled her fists and thrust out her hands and the house caved in on itself. Thana was the only survivor but she has a scar on her shoulder to remind her of the day she killed her parents... A freak accident it truly was. Other: Thana is often referred to as the Master of Cards. She uses trickery and deception and is able to anticipate an enemy's next move to place her 'cards' in the right order at the right time.
Alright. I couldn't find my elf OC... it's buried under piles of writing I don't feel like digging through haha so I just found this one I wrote the other day. I guess Thana could be an assassin or any other character, whatever you'd like! I also think perhaps an escape plot could be mixed in? Does the assassin escape? *Shrug*
Name: Thana Alastor
Personality: Quiet, self kept, and slightly freaky, Thana is a tricky, mischievous girl who, if angered, can be deadly. She doesn't have much confidence and tends to speak in a soft, quiet voice. If you put her friends in danger, though, she will not hesitate to kill you. She also has major trust issues due to her horrifying past that little people know about. Thana lost her parents in a... freak accident is what she calls it. She is cautious and shows little emotion, most of the time. She's also freakishly smart and insanely clever. When people get to know her, they may also come to notice how annoyingly stubborn she really is.
Appearance:
nDhfV7G.png
(Image belongs to Kasakae)
Skills: No one really knows what skills Thana has. She's a great shot and can be deadly if she gets her hands on a pistol or bow and arrow. Though, she highly dislikes hand to hand combat. She prefers to use mental strategy to confuse her enemy and take them out fast, swiftly, and painlessly.
Background: Thana doesn't like to talk about her backstory, but her parents died in a freak accident that Thana supposedly caused. Thana was arguing with her parents about lord knows what and she got upset. She balled her fists and thrust out her hands and the house caved in on itself. Thana was the only survivor but she has a scar on her shoulder to remind her of the day she killed her parents... A freak accident it truly was.
Other: Thana is often referred to as the Master of Cards. She uses trickery and deception and is able to anticipate an enemy's next move to place her 'cards' in the right order at the right time.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Ah, I was drawing my character, but I guess I ran out of time. I guess I'll be the mouse lol.

Name: Yew
Physical Description:
(adding picture later)
He looks rather young despite his age, and quite eerie. His eyes, which are scaly and almost never close, are light green and have the characteristic slit pupil. They dilate whenever he is scared, focused, or in an area of low light. He has a rather small nose and thin lips. A lock of hair covers his left eye, and his right eye is surrounded by red markings. His hair is a neck-length bob with a ponytail going down his back, which reaches around his waist. Something that's a bit odd is that he has a crest of feathers on the right side of his head but not his left. They are brightly colored and can be controlled, although no one quite knows what for. His tongue is of course forked, but less than usual.

He has a slightly thinner(especially compared to his brother) but is still rather athletic, what with living in the forests and all. His lower half is longer than he is and is mostly red, with milky white, dark blue, and cool green incorporated within the pattern.

As is characteristic of his species, he is not very expressful. He only cries when there is an irritant in his eye, and his tone is usually steely calm, even in times of stress.
Mental Description:
Yew is very much a reserved and meticulous character, planning before doing anything-- no matter how small the action is. He is admittedly prone to nervousness and his wits may abandon him in times of stress, but he has measures to control himself. He, like his brother, do not like talking much, and speak even less when his anger is aroused. Due to his fondness of books he is very articulate and thought and writes lengthy letters. He is rather introspective and introverted, slow to trust, and generally very alert of his surroundings. He is usually a pessimist, but being around those he trusts boosts his mood a lot.

Although he is level-headed, he does have a propensity of harshly judging himself and accepting others' statements as true(even if they conflict against his beliefs.) However, he believes family to be the strongest bond of all and is greatly affected even by the thought of harm coming to them. He looks up to his many older siblings greatly, and feels shame for not being able to match them in strength, size, speed, and nerves. Even then, he is still as independent as they are.

He does not care about others' opinions of him, unless they are from someone he cares about. Of course, he makes sure to stay aware, but it does not affect him emotionally.
Background: He lived a humble life on a farm with his mother and older siblings. Unbeknownst to him, his mother and father were royals from a foreign kingdom forced into exile in the countryside for standing in the way of the crown prince at the time, his uncle. Now that his uncle was finally king, steps were taken to make sure none of their descendants could ever return to the throne, and that usually meant killing them. Since his father was dead, his mother had no power and she was spared, but after seeing soldiers from that kingdom staking out his village both he and his older brother decided to go into hiding to spare the rest of the family.

He was basically the baby of the family and the subject of teasing by his peers, so he spent most of his life around his older sisters and mother. He read whatever books he could find at a young age and his noticeable intellect convinced his mother to send him to a better, more prestigious school, but in the end that was too much of a risk and he had to leave normal life behind.
Skills:
Yew has a multitude of skills, seemingly stemming from his odd lineage. He learns and assesses situations quickly, and is good at hiding himself in both sound and scent. Due to his agility and dexterity, he can access many places others cannot, and can traverse quickly in the trees, the water and on land. Although he has venomous fangs, he will only use them as a last resort as the venom is a precious material for his blow darts. He is much more proficient with a knife than anything, and if worst comes to worst he can hold his own in a match.

He can try to strangle someone with his snake half but this usually only works on creatures smaller than him, and he has heat vision as well a boosted sense of smell. This is accessed by flicking his tongue.
Other:
His sense of hearing and sight aren't the best, despite his skills. Although he has no magical powers within, unlike his brother, he is more sensitive to magic as a whole and can usually tell when it's being used. However, this is also a double-edged blade as it effects him moreso than others.
Ah, I was drawing my character, but I guess I ran out of time. I guess I'll be the mouse lol.

Name: Yew
Physical Description:
(adding picture later)
He looks rather young despite his age, and quite eerie. His eyes, which are scaly and almost never close, are light green and have the characteristic slit pupil. They dilate whenever he is scared, focused, or in an area of low light. He has a rather small nose and thin lips. A lock of hair covers his left eye, and his right eye is surrounded by red markings. His hair is a neck-length bob with a ponytail going down his back, which reaches around his waist. Something that's a bit odd is that he has a crest of feathers on the right side of his head but not his left. They are brightly colored and can be controlled, although no one quite knows what for. His tongue is of course forked, but less than usual.

He has a slightly thinner(especially compared to his brother) but is still rather athletic, what with living in the forests and all. His lower half is longer than he is and is mostly red, with milky white, dark blue, and cool green incorporated within the pattern.

As is characteristic of his species, he is not very expressful. He only cries when there is an irritant in his eye, and his tone is usually steely calm, even in times of stress.
Mental Description:
Yew is very much a reserved and meticulous character, planning before doing anything-- no matter how small the action is. He is admittedly prone to nervousness and his wits may abandon him in times of stress, but he has measures to control himself. He, like his brother, do not like talking much, and speak even less when his anger is aroused. Due to his fondness of books he is very articulate and thought and writes lengthy letters. He is rather introspective and introverted, slow to trust, and generally very alert of his surroundings. He is usually a pessimist, but being around those he trusts boosts his mood a lot.

Although he is level-headed, he does have a propensity of harshly judging himself and accepting others' statements as true(even if they conflict against his beliefs.) However, he believes family to be the strongest bond of all and is greatly affected even by the thought of harm coming to them. He looks up to his many older siblings greatly, and feels shame for not being able to match them in strength, size, speed, and nerves. Even then, he is still as independent as they are.

He does not care about others' opinions of him, unless they are from someone he cares about. Of course, he makes sure to stay aware, but it does not affect him emotionally.
Background: He lived a humble life on a farm with his mother and older siblings. Unbeknownst to him, his mother and father were royals from a foreign kingdom forced into exile in the countryside for standing in the way of the crown prince at the time, his uncle. Now that his uncle was finally king, steps were taken to make sure none of their descendants could ever return to the throne, and that usually meant killing them. Since his father was dead, his mother had no power and she was spared, but after seeing soldiers from that kingdom staking out his village both he and his older brother decided to go into hiding to spare the rest of the family.

He was basically the baby of the family and the subject of teasing by his peers, so he spent most of his life around his older sisters and mother. He read whatever books he could find at a young age and his noticeable intellect convinced his mother to send him to a better, more prestigious school, but in the end that was too much of a risk and he had to leave normal life behind.
Skills:
Yew has a multitude of skills, seemingly stemming from his odd lineage. He learns and assesses situations quickly, and is good at hiding himself in both sound and scent. Due to his agility and dexterity, he can access many places others cannot, and can traverse quickly in the trees, the water and on land. Although he has venomous fangs, he will only use them as a last resort as the venom is a precious material for his blow darts. He is much more proficient with a knife than anything, and if worst comes to worst he can hold his own in a match.

He can try to strangle someone with his snake half but this usually only works on creatures smaller than him, and he has heat vision as well a boosted sense of smell. This is accessed by flicking his tongue.
Other:
His sense of hearing and sight aren't the best, despite his skills. Although he has no magical powers within, unlike his brother, he is more sensitive to magic as a whole and can usually tell when it's being used. However, this is also a double-edged blade as it effects him moreso than others.

. . .

Oops, I thought you'd start. Do you want me to write the first post instead?
Oops, I thought you'd start. Do you want me to write the first post instead?

. . .

I'll start! sorry I've been busy finishing up a group project with my idiot partner ahahah
I'm gonna shut down after this, though. I'm very tired. Long day, I had.
I'll start! sorry I've been busy finishing up a group project with my idiot partner ahahah
I'm gonna shut down after this, though. I'm very tired. Long day, I had.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Shackles. That's what they called them, right? Whatever, it didn't matter now. Thana's hands were shackled in front of her as a guard pulled her along through the dungeon. Thana's multicolored eyes scoured every inch of the hallways she was brought through, planning an escape route. All she had to do was touch the guard...
Another guard's spear prodded her in the back, "Move it!"
They threw Thana inside a cell after unlocking her shackles. She sat down on a bench quietly and watched the guards walk away. I can't believe these idiots actually caught me, she thought, toying with her long black hair.
Shackles. That's what they called them, right? Whatever, it didn't matter now. Thana's hands were shackled in front of her as a guard pulled her along through the dungeon. Thana's multicolored eyes scoured every inch of the hallways she was brought through, planning an escape route. All she had to do was touch the guard...
Another guard's spear prodded her in the back, "Move it!"
They threw Thana inside a cell after unlocking her shackles. She sat down on a bench quietly and watched the guards walk away. I can't believe these idiots actually caught me, she thought, toying with her long black hair.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
1 2 3 4