Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Academy (OOC) (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
finally subbed and also working on just the backstory bit now so we're doing good-
finally subbed and also working on just the backstory bit now so we're doing good-
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif 1x1 RP Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif About Me
nap4Srm.gif ten_pixel.png
Oh, Jazmine is about to turn 16, but she's 15 now. She turns 16 on November 20th
Oh, Jazmine is about to turn 16, but she's 15 now. She turns 16 on November 20th
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
@ChaoticPotato

Username: Goldenwolfminda

Character Name: Razlynth (Raz-linn-th)
Nickname (optional): Razlyn, Raz, Lyn
Age & Grade: 15; Freshman

Pronouns: They/them
Species: Valkyrie
Description: Raz is not tall- standing at 5'3, they seem to not pose as a threat of any sort. They have decently mid-tone skin, if a little on the paler side. Their hair- which is a reddish-orange-brown- is short and uneven, for the most part. They have a braid down the left side of their face, which is longer than most of their hair. They have almost silver eyes- in the light, they seem to sparkle like the metal- and their face is dotted with freckles.

The thing one notices instantly about Raz is their giant wings. Shades of reds and oranges, they're certainly noticeable- and also not what one would expect. They wear the uniform- they've... modified, we'll say- it to allow their wings to fit. When not required to wear the uniform, they like wearing a pair of silver-plated gloves- so they don't "mess up".

Student/Teacher: Student~

Powers (if student):
  • Raz can fly. Simple as that. They have giant wings on their back, and through magic, hollow bones, or some combination of the two, they're able to achieve flight. Raz has no issue flying for hours, and often enjoys it.
  • Raz can kill with a touch, if they're panicked and frightened enough. This hasn't ever happened, but they're well aware it could. They'd have to be in a life-or-death situation, and it'd have to be touching with bare skin.
  • Raz has some innate control on air magicks. They can bend wind currents and create blasts of air to help them when fighting, something that they're already pretty good at.

Personality: To say Raz is wary is not doing them justice. They're constantly on edge, searching for anything that could be a threat. This lessens with time around someone, but the valkyrie does not trust easily. They're hard on themselves, holding themselves to an impossible level and then beating themselves up when they can't beat their unrealistically high bar.

Once they have warmed up to someone enough to not consider them a threat, Raz is a loyal friend, to a fault. They hate admitting that their trust could have been misplaced, and so they don't. But they will defend anyone if that someone is being harassed, regardless of whether that person is a friend or not.

Background: Razlynth was raised in a lovely home- their parents were always very loving and accepting, and for this the valkyrie was grateful. Their mother was a valkyrie and their father a human, as most valkyries have for their family.

They've been in a more accepting public school for the past 8 years, though their wings were often ridiculed and they were often singled out as the weird one. This lead to them finding their way into many a fight afterschool- and them growing a large tolerance to pain, as well as decent fistfighting skills.

This continued for years until one day, where there was yet another fight. And this time, there was a knife. And the valkyrie got stabbed in the shoulder. Their instinctual reaction was to use their powers, knocking the kid out for a week.

They were kicked out. The Academy was their last resort, but it came to it. They went, arriving almost last-minute and is now stuck there.

Other:

- ANXIETY

- LESBIAN

- NEED NO MORE BE SAID
@ChaoticPotato

Username: Goldenwolfminda

Character Name: Razlynth (Raz-linn-th)
Nickname (optional): Razlyn, Raz, Lyn
Age & Grade: 15; Freshman

Pronouns: They/them
Species: Valkyrie
Description: Raz is not tall- standing at 5'3, they seem to not pose as a threat of any sort. They have decently mid-tone skin, if a little on the paler side. Their hair- which is a reddish-orange-brown- is short and uneven, for the most part. They have a braid down the left side of their face, which is longer than most of their hair. They have almost silver eyes- in the light, they seem to sparkle like the metal- and their face is dotted with freckles.

The thing one notices instantly about Raz is their giant wings. Shades of reds and oranges, they're certainly noticeable- and also not what one would expect. They wear the uniform- they've... modified, we'll say- it to allow their wings to fit. When not required to wear the uniform, they like wearing a pair of silver-plated gloves- so they don't "mess up".

Student/Teacher: Student~

Powers (if student):
  • Raz can fly. Simple as that. They have giant wings on their back, and through magic, hollow bones, or some combination of the two, they're able to achieve flight. Raz has no issue flying for hours, and often enjoys it.
  • Raz can kill with a touch, if they're panicked and frightened enough. This hasn't ever happened, but they're well aware it could. They'd have to be in a life-or-death situation, and it'd have to be touching with bare skin.
  • Raz has some innate control on air magicks. They can bend wind currents and create blasts of air to help them when fighting, something that they're already pretty good at.

Personality: To say Raz is wary is not doing them justice. They're constantly on edge, searching for anything that could be a threat. This lessens with time around someone, but the valkyrie does not trust easily. They're hard on themselves, holding themselves to an impossible level and then beating themselves up when they can't beat their unrealistically high bar.

Once they have warmed up to someone enough to not consider them a threat, Raz is a loyal friend, to a fault. They hate admitting that their trust could have been misplaced, and so they don't. But they will defend anyone if that someone is being harassed, regardless of whether that person is a friend or not.

Background: Razlynth was raised in a lovely home- their parents were always very loving and accepting, and for this the valkyrie was grateful. Their mother was a valkyrie and their father a human, as most valkyries have for their family.

They've been in a more accepting public school for the past 8 years, though their wings were often ridiculed and they were often singled out as the weird one. This lead to them finding their way into many a fight afterschool- and them growing a large tolerance to pain, as well as decent fistfighting skills.

This continued for years until one day, where there was yet another fight. And this time, there was a knife. And the valkyrie got stabbed in the shoulder. Their instinctual reaction was to use their powers, knocking the kid out for a week.

They were kicked out. The Academy was their last resort, but it came to it. They went, arriving almost last-minute and is now stuck there.

Other:

- ANXIETY

- LESBIAN

- NEED NO MORE BE SAID
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
Hey can I yonk a student spot? I’ll have it up by tonight =))
Hey can I yonk a student spot? I’ll have it up by tonight =))
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
@Kingman
Yup!
@Kingman
Yup!
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
We do need at least 2 teachers before we start. For, you know, teaching purposes. I'll maybe set one up, but back on mobile RN
We do need at least 2 teachers before we start. For, you know, teaching purposes. I'll maybe set one up, but back on mobile RN

Clayton Academy
i can make one~
i can make one~
TheyThemNoTail.png
AsexualNoTail.png
CryptidNoTail.png
EldritchDeityNoTail.png
AfamSig.gif
Gold // Golden
save me a spoootttt

I have both a teacher and a student character I want to throw in!
save me a spoootttt

I have both a teacher and a student character I want to throw in!
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

@SanguineShadow yup!
@SanguineShadow yup!

Clayton Academy
@ChaoticPotato
Username: SanguineShadow

Character Name: Nuthir Raven
Nickname (optional): Raven

Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Species: 1/4 human, 1/4 elf, one half dragon
Description:
•General Appearance• Pale, thin, but beautiful, Nuthir looks fragile and breakable at first glance. She is leanly muscled and shorter, standing at 5'3, with small curves and an aura that makes one uncomfortable around her.
Her hair is tail-bone length and black, but iridescent in the light, and straight as an arrow. She has sharp, pale yellow eyes and her refined features are scattered with freckles. She has lots of piercings.
•First Impression• Looking at Nuthir, you'd think a stiff breeze could blow her over. She doesn't seem to have an energy about her- just a cold, tingling numbness that follows her around like a sickly scent. Nuthir carries herself with a grace and steadiness that doesn't look like it could befit someone so fragile. One would find it incredibly difficult to approach Nuthir.
•Clothing• When not in uniform, Raven usually wears a mix of short skirts w/thigh high socks on cold days, boots on cold days, sneakers on warm days, and crop-tops, usually long-sleeved. If she isn't wearing something along those lines, she's in skinny jeans, or leggings, with long-sleeved shirts or sweaters. If its warm she'll wear a short-sleeved shirt or a tank top.
•Dragon Form• Effectivly for show and not any real fighting, Nuthir's dragon form is actually a Wyvern. It has long, thin back legs and a wiry, lean-muscled frame that uses its wings as front legs. Her tail is very long and whip-thin, and looking at it you get the sense it seriously needs a couple of big-macs to fatten it up some.
She is deathly black and scaleless. Her eyes are large and bright yellow. She's around four tons in weight and as long as a couple school buses.

Student/Teacher: Teacher

Powers:
  • Her strongest natural ability, Nuthir can drain someone's energy and life force with a powerful, leeching aura, and uses it to bolster her own summoning abilities and magic reservoir
  • Adept at most forms of magic, but her forte is defiantly necromancy, and she is considered a master at it.
  • Dragon form is an excellent, powerful flier.
    [*}Sees the souls of those living and dead

Personality:
Nuthir isn't warm, isn't friendly, and will lash out at anyone who thinks they're better than her. Her overall aura is "get the hell away from me before I send you there myself." The woman can be coldly romantic, though, and flirty in a seductive, chilling way, and uses her looks and power to get what she wants. She's manipulative, good at reading people, and controlling her own emotions. Getting close to her is usually a death wish, as being around her simply for longer periods of time drains someone's energy and gives them brain fog.

Raven didn't used to be so cold, though. While she was never a people person, she enjoyed the company of those close to her and was agreeable, although with a dry, morbid humor and a sarcastic personality. As she grew on, she found more and more people disliked being around her, and she didn't understand why until her powers were further studied. But the psychological damage had already been done- for Raven has a fragile psych.

She is in training to be the next dungeon master, since it gives her satisfaction to see other people suffer. She needs therapy.
Background:
Nuthir was taken from her father abruptly as a six year old child. He was sick all the time, and one day, he just didn't wake up. Her mother, who didn't have child custody until her dad passed, managed to get a hold of Nuthir and raised her neglectfully. Raven didn't really complain, though- she was pretty good at not making stupid choices, even as a young child, and at school she made lots of friends and typically did well because of her logical mind and intelligence level.

Her mother eventually got as sick as her father did. At 9, she lost her, too. Her friends had started avoiding her as well. Raven didn't know what she did wrong, but guilt often built up in her for reasons unknown to her, and sometimes for things she didn't even do.
Eventually the Templar heard of her and took her to the Academy. She had no parents to hold against her- instead staying because of how much she learned out her abilities and how to use them. She enjoyed to control and the pain she could inflict on others, crushing the guilt she once felt and instead relishing in the power she now had.

The dungeons are her common hangout space, but not because she messes up often- no, she goes there willingly, to torment the souls of students passed and the help the dungeon master in his bloody, terribly fun work and learn from them as their apprentice.

Other:
Resident psychological profiler/psychological bully

Character Name: Eric Achides Graves
Nickname (optional): Eri, Inferno, Mumbles
Age & Grade: 17 (held back due to poor scores in academics)(Sophomore level classes)

Pronouns: He/Him
Species: Human, 1/8th demon
Description:
•General - Think tall, muscular and intimidating. His overall appearance could be considered attractive, with handsomely sculpted features and a charming smile when he chooses to show it. His eyes are bright green blue, but will shift in tone depending on his mood, while his hair is aurburn-red, short around the sides, then messy and medium length along the top.
•First impression - he doesn't look very approachable or friendly at first glance. Usually he has his hands stuffed in his pockets, avoids eye-contact, and sticks to the walls and away from the rest of the students. A sad kind of aura follows him around, like he's and ways disappointed or lonely, and his expression is generally seeming to look for something or is frustrated. Whenever he speaks, his voice is rough and low-toned, like he has sawdust in his vocal cords, and low, almost mumbling, but it appears he tries very hard for his voice to be understandable. Some days it isn't bad, while others it's almost impossible to understand him.
•Clothing - Eric always seems... Cold. Which is odd, since being around him is like being around a warm, cozy heater due to his high body temperature. Despite this, even on pleasant, warm days he wears Hoodies, Sweatpants, or thick-denim jeans. His style choice could be considered cozy and comfortable. Occasionally, he wears a beanie.

Student/Teacher: Student

Powers (if student):
  • Eric has a very acute control over heat around him and can generate flames and fire if concentrating his own high body temp. He can create raging infernos, control tiny flames, suck the heat away from things or concentrate them so much he could melt metal. This didn't come easily though, and hes misused his abikity meany times, and his damaged vocal chords are a clear representation of that fact.
    The drawback to this ability is he can only use it full-on for ten to fifteen minutes before he literally starts roasting himself alive. It also makes his temper flare the hotter he gets, so much so if he's at the ten minute mark he might just go berserk, hence the nickname "Inferno".
    Although his body temp runs high, he is still vulnerable to flames, although has a good resistance to them.
  • Eric is excellent at hand-to-hand combat to make up for his poor restraint when using his fire magic.

Personality:
He seems... Lonely, really. He feels that way too. But he avoids a lot of people and prefers to be by himself, not really interacting, not putting himself out there. This has led people to believe he is prideful or feels he is too good for them, but it's the other way around, as he doesn't want to hurt anyone or have himself hurt if he isn't accepted. He's a very empathetic individual, but he has a short temper. He's learned to control his anger because he doesn't want to hurt others, since his abilities are more volatile and can randomly lash out if he's too upset.

If one gets past his walls, he is very loyal and kind, always trying his hardest to help. He usually only listens, and very rarely will talk about himself of his feelings, although he shows the more vulnerable side of himself to those he cares about.

He is very oblivious to anything romantic or even small moves indicating someone wanting a friendship with him and doesn't view himself as someone anyone would even like in the first place. Although, he is quite friendly to anyone who approachs him and tries his best to be kind even though the other students his age are generally cruel.

Background:
Eric's had it pretty tough. At 5, his parents died in a violent car-crash due to him manipulating the heat of the vehicle and messing up some very important things. They lost control of the vehicle and ran into oncoming traffic, and bad luck ran them into a semi carrying very flammable chemicals. Somehow Eric survived. His vocal cords were very damaged, though, and his arms were covered in serious burns.

He was put into foster cares, each of them sending him back to the state due to his "volatile tendancies" and poor attitude about anything related to schoolwork. Most of this is because he has very severe dyslexia, making any sort of reading, even if it's just a few letters or a few numbers, almost impossible for him. Communicating this was hard, also, and he was usually called Mumbles by both his peers and his teachers.

When the Templar found him they promised him they could teach him to use his abilities for good. They promised to try to understand him. This of course was a lie. He was treated poorly by older students, which led him to seriously injure a few by fiery lashing out, and he earned his new nickname, "Inferno".

Other:
His magic, while powerful, injures him quite easily
Doesn't speak well
Dyslexic
Loves warm cuddly things. Like cats. And cats love him.
Gain his trust and he'd probably move mountains if asked
@ChaoticPotato
Username: SanguineShadow

Character Name: Nuthir Raven
Nickname (optional): Raven

Pronouns: She/Her They/Them
Species: 1/4 human, 1/4 elf, one half dragon
Description:
•General Appearance• Pale, thin, but beautiful, Nuthir looks fragile and breakable at first glance. She is leanly muscled and shorter, standing at 5'3, with small curves and an aura that makes one uncomfortable around her.
Her hair is tail-bone length and black, but iridescent in the light, and straight as an arrow. She has sharp, pale yellow eyes and her refined features are scattered with freckles. She has lots of piercings.
•First Impression• Looking at Nuthir, you'd think a stiff breeze could blow her over. She doesn't seem to have an energy about her- just a cold, tingling numbness that follows her around like a sickly scent. Nuthir carries herself with a grace and steadiness that doesn't look like it could befit someone so fragile. One would find it incredibly difficult to approach Nuthir.
•Clothing• When not in uniform, Raven usually wears a mix of short skirts w/thigh high socks on cold days, boots on cold days, sneakers on warm days, and crop-tops, usually long-sleeved. If she isn't wearing something along those lines, she's in skinny jeans, or leggings, with long-sleeved shirts or sweaters. If its warm she'll wear a short-sleeved shirt or a tank top.
•Dragon Form• Effectivly for show and not any real fighting, Nuthir's dragon form is actually a Wyvern. It has long, thin back legs and a wiry, lean-muscled frame that uses its wings as front legs. Her tail is very long and whip-thin, and looking at it you get the sense it seriously needs a couple of big-macs to fatten it up some.
She is deathly black and scaleless. Her eyes are large and bright yellow. She's around four tons in weight and as long as a couple school buses.

Student/Teacher: Teacher

Powers:
  • Her strongest natural ability, Nuthir can drain someone's energy and life force with a powerful, leeching aura, and uses it to bolster her own summoning abilities and magic reservoir
  • Adept at most forms of magic, but her forte is defiantly necromancy, and she is considered a master at it.
  • Dragon form is an excellent, powerful flier.
    [*}Sees the souls of those living and dead

Personality:
Nuthir isn't warm, isn't friendly, and will lash out at anyone who thinks they're better than her. Her overall aura is "get the hell away from me before I send you there myself." The woman can be coldly romantic, though, and flirty in a seductive, chilling way, and uses her looks and power to get what she wants. She's manipulative, good at reading people, and controlling her own emotions. Getting close to her is usually a death wish, as being around her simply for longer periods of time drains someone's energy and gives them brain fog.

Raven didn't used to be so cold, though. While she was never a people person, she enjoyed the company of those close to her and was agreeable, although with a dry, morbid humor and a sarcastic personality. As she grew on, she found more and more people disliked being around her, and she didn't understand why until her powers were further studied. But the psychological damage had already been done- for Raven has a fragile psych.

She is in training to be the next dungeon master, since it gives her satisfaction to see other people suffer. She needs therapy.
Background:
Nuthir was taken from her father abruptly as a six year old child. He was sick all the time, and one day, he just didn't wake up. Her mother, who didn't have child custody until her dad passed, managed to get a hold of Nuthir and raised her neglectfully. Raven didn't really complain, though- she was pretty good at not making stupid choices, even as a young child, and at school she made lots of friends and typically did well because of her logical mind and intelligence level.

Her mother eventually got as sick as her father did. At 9, she lost her, too. Her friends had started avoiding her as well. Raven didn't know what she did wrong, but guilt often built up in her for reasons unknown to her, and sometimes for things she didn't even do.
Eventually the Templar heard of her and took her to the Academy. She had no parents to hold against her- instead staying because of how much she learned out her abilities and how to use them. She enjoyed to control and the pain she could inflict on others, crushing the guilt she once felt and instead relishing in the power she now had.

The dungeons are her common hangout space, but not because she messes up often- no, she goes there willingly, to torment the souls of students passed and the help the dungeon master in his bloody, terribly fun work and learn from them as their apprentice.

Other:
Resident psychological profiler/psychological bully

Character Name: Eric Achides Graves
Nickname (optional): Eri, Inferno, Mumbles
Age & Grade: 17 (held back due to poor scores in academics)(Sophomore level classes)

Pronouns: He/Him
Species: Human, 1/8th demon
Description:
•General - Think tall, muscular and intimidating. His overall appearance could be considered attractive, with handsomely sculpted features and a charming smile when he chooses to show it. His eyes are bright green blue, but will shift in tone depending on his mood, while his hair is aurburn-red, short around the sides, then messy and medium length along the top.
•First impression - he doesn't look very approachable or friendly at first glance. Usually he has his hands stuffed in his pockets, avoids eye-contact, and sticks to the walls and away from the rest of the students. A sad kind of aura follows him around, like he's and ways disappointed or lonely, and his expression is generally seeming to look for something or is frustrated. Whenever he speaks, his voice is rough and low-toned, like he has sawdust in his vocal cords, and low, almost mumbling, but it appears he tries very hard for his voice to be understandable. Some days it isn't bad, while others it's almost impossible to understand him.
•Clothing - Eric always seems... Cold. Which is odd, since being around him is like being around a warm, cozy heater due to his high body temperature. Despite this, even on pleasant, warm days he wears Hoodies, Sweatpants, or thick-denim jeans. His style choice could be considered cozy and comfortable. Occasionally, he wears a beanie.

Student/Teacher: Student

Powers (if student):
  • Eric has a very acute control over heat around him and can generate flames and fire if concentrating his own high body temp. He can create raging infernos, control tiny flames, suck the heat away from things or concentrate them so much he could melt metal. This didn't come easily though, and hes misused his abikity meany times, and his damaged vocal chords are a clear representation of that fact.
    The drawback to this ability is he can only use it full-on for ten to fifteen minutes before he literally starts roasting himself alive. It also makes his temper flare the hotter he gets, so much so if he's at the ten minute mark he might just go berserk, hence the nickname "Inferno".
    Although his body temp runs high, he is still vulnerable to flames, although has a good resistance to them.
  • Eric is excellent at hand-to-hand combat to make up for his poor restraint when using his fire magic.

Personality:
He seems... Lonely, really. He feels that way too. But he avoids a lot of people and prefers to be by himself, not really interacting, not putting himself out there. This has led people to believe he is prideful or feels he is too good for them, but it's the other way around, as he doesn't want to hurt anyone or have himself hurt if he isn't accepted. He's a very empathetic individual, but he has a short temper. He's learned to control his anger because he doesn't want to hurt others, since his abilities are more volatile and can randomly lash out if he's too upset.

If one gets past his walls, he is very loyal and kind, always trying his hardest to help. He usually only listens, and very rarely will talk about himself of his feelings, although he shows the more vulnerable side of himself to those he cares about.

He is very oblivious to anything romantic or even small moves indicating someone wanting a friendship with him and doesn't view himself as someone anyone would even like in the first place. Although, he is quite friendly to anyone who approachs him and tries his best to be kind even though the other students his age are generally cruel.

Background:
Eric's had it pretty tough. At 5, his parents died in a violent car-crash due to him manipulating the heat of the vehicle and messing up some very important things. They lost control of the vehicle and ran into oncoming traffic, and bad luck ran them into a semi carrying very flammable chemicals. Somehow Eric survived. His vocal cords were very damaged, though, and his arms were covered in serious burns.

He was put into foster cares, each of them sending him back to the state due to his "volatile tendancies" and poor attitude about anything related to schoolwork. Most of this is because he has very severe dyslexia, making any sort of reading, even if it's just a few letters or a few numbers, almost impossible for him. Communicating this was hard, also, and he was usually called Mumbles by both his peers and his teachers.

When the Templar found him they promised him they could teach him to use his abilities for good. They promised to try to understand him. This of course was a lie. He was treated poorly by older students, which led him to seriously injure a few by fiery lashing out, and he earned his new nickname, "Inferno".

Other:
His magic, while powerful, injures him quite easily
Doesn't speak well
Dyslexic
Loves warm cuddly things. Like cats. And cats love him.
Gain his trust and he'd probably move mountains if asked
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42