Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | School of Abilities [WOF] [IC]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
OOC THREAD

A note reads..

Congratulations! You have been selected to join the inter tribe school of oddities! You have been selected because you either have a disability, or a special power, thus you (probably) never got to learn about it, or what about other dragons abilities. There will be many like you, so don't be shy!

NOTE: map of school and location of school attached.

We welcome you with open wings!

Basically, theres a school for dragons who have special abilities (like firescales, Icescales, mindreading, etc) and disabilities [your dragon can have a special ability, and a disability if you want] (like blindness, missing wings or legs, etc.)
This takes place many years after pantala was discovered

Just no animus' please, cause they have basically unlimited power

Hybrids ARE allowed, and you may have up to 2 characters

Pantalan dragons are also allowed

No playing god and controlling other peoples characters
OOC THREAD

A note reads..

Congratulations! You have been selected to join the inter tribe school of oddities! You have been selected because you either have a disability, or a special power, thus you (probably) never got to learn about it, or what about other dragons abilities. There will be many like you, so don't be shy!

NOTE: map of school and location of school attached.

We welcome you with open wings!

Basically, theres a school for dragons who have special abilities (like firescales, Icescales, mindreading, etc) and disabilities [your dragon can have a special ability, and a disability if you want] (like blindness, missing wings or legs, etc.)
This takes place many years after pantala was discovered

Just no animus' please, cause they have basically unlimited power

Hybrids ARE allowed, and you may have up to 2 characters

Pantalan dragons are also allowed

No playing god and controlling other peoples characters
16159155922955337174188748864268.png
Character list
TheSoothsayer
Stargazer
Pearl
Swallowtail

Actinidia
Necrosis
Boabab and Babboa

MintyKitsune
Torch
Sahara

AndromedaFlight
Dreamwalker
Buck

FlameAriiDraycon
Flame

Scales25
Lotus
Echo
Character list
TheSoothsayer
Stargazer
Pearl
Swallowtail

Actinidia
Necrosis
Boabab and Babboa

MintyKitsune
Torch
Sahara

AndromedaFlight
Dreamwalker
Buck

FlameAriiDraycon
Flame

Scales25
Lotus
Echo
@Actinidia @MintyKitsune @Andromedaflight @Flamariidraycon @Scales25

Sighing, Gaze climbed up the final rock into the entrance of the school. She probably could have flown up the mountain rather than climb it, but she would rather not hurt herself on the first day of school. She was fortunate enough to have been taught at a young age to read, so she could read the message fine. But what didn't help was the map. She wasn't that good with maps, so she had to get help from traveling dragons, which each gave her odd looks because she wasn't flying. Shaking out her scales, she made her way into the school.

Pearl landed not so gracefully at the entrance of the school. She couldn't exactly see the map too well, but she could kind of make out the words. Though she hadn't exactly been taught reading, so she had to ask a dragon to read it to her. Shaking out the pebbles and dirt out of her scales, she sat down, looking around. She could see other dragons there, and what looked to be a nightwing enter the school as well. This was all very new to her.
@Actinidia @MintyKitsune @Andromedaflight @Flamariidraycon @Scales25

Sighing, Gaze climbed up the final rock into the entrance of the school. She probably could have flown up the mountain rather than climb it, but she would rather not hurt herself on the first day of school. She was fortunate enough to have been taught at a young age to read, so she could read the message fine. But what didn't help was the map. She wasn't that good with maps, so she had to get help from traveling dragons, which each gave her odd looks because she wasn't flying. Shaking out her scales, she made her way into the school.

Pearl landed not so gracefully at the entrance of the school. She couldn't exactly see the map too well, but she could kind of make out the words. Though she hadn't exactly been taught reading, so she had to ask a dragon to read it to her. Shaking out the pebbles and dirt out of her scales, she sat down, looking around. She could see other dragons there, and what looked to be a nightwing enter the school as well. This was all very new to her.
Language guide:
"Valiaek"
'Mind-speak'
"Normal Draconian"
Flame glided lazily over the school, wing-in-wing with her father, who, for the past hour, had been trying his hardest to get her to land. The silver-blue scales beside his eyes flashed in the light.

Flame's black underwings blotted out the sun every time she passed by.

Jet sighed, pulling up to hover. "Alright... I need to go. Have to take a trip for a contract. Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

Flame considered that a moment before offering him a smile, hovering herself. "I'll be fine... you don't have to worry. And before you say anything; no. I won't skip classes... I'm just waiting for the flood to die down."

Jet bit his lip before sighing, bumping their snouts together. "Alright. Just—be careful... okay?"

Flame smirked at him before nodding, wordlessly, dipping down to land, claws scraping lightly on the rocks.
Language guide:
"Valiaek"
'Mind-speak'
"Normal Draconian"
Flame glided lazily over the school, wing-in-wing with her father, who, for the past hour, had been trying his hardest to get her to land. The silver-blue scales beside his eyes flashed in the light.

Flame's black underwings blotted out the sun every time she passed by.

Jet sighed, pulling up to hover. "Alright... I need to go. Have to take a trip for a contract. Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

Flame considered that a moment before offering him a smile, hovering herself. "I'll be fine... you don't have to worry. And before you say anything; no. I won't skip classes... I'm just waiting for the flood to die down."

Jet bit his lip before sighing, bumping their snouts together. "Alright. Just—be careful... okay?"

Flame smirked at him before nodding, wordlessly, dipping down to land, claws scraping lightly on the rocks.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
Just to clarify for when I type
This is thinking
"This is speaking (obviously)"
This is just normal text
Lotus landed at the school alone, no parents came with her, no friends to fly with. Her mother stayed home, wishing Lotus good luck, which she would need. She looked around to see a nightwing, a weird looking skywing, and a white seawing. The skywing is probably a hybrid. As for the seawing, I'm not sure... Lotus thought to herself. At least I'm not the only hybrid. Lotus pulled out the map and note from the pouch her mother made. Thankfully, she had been able to read the map and note with ease, thanks to her father. Lotus held back tears as she thought about him, regret flowing through her. This is what he would have wanted, I have to stay strong. She puffed up, trying to look tough, and immediately deflated. With a sigh, she walked into the school.
Just to clarify for when I type
This is thinking
"This is speaking (obviously)"
This is just normal text
Lotus landed at the school alone, no parents came with her, no friends to fly with. Her mother stayed home, wishing Lotus good luck, which she would need. She looked around to see a nightwing, a weird looking skywing, and a white seawing. The skywing is probably a hybrid. As for the seawing, I'm not sure... Lotus thought to herself. At least I'm not the only hybrid. Lotus pulled out the map and note from the pouch her mother made. Thankfully, she had been able to read the map and note with ease, thanks to her father. Lotus held back tears as she thought about him, regret flowing through her. This is what he would have wanted, I have to stay strong. She puffed up, trying to look tough, and immediately deflated. With a sigh, she walked into the school.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Necrosis landed quite a ways from the entrance of the school. He looked nervous as he looked over the building and the dragons that were just arriving. In his mind played images of him accidentally freezing pretty much everyone he could see as soon as he took so much as one scavenger sized step forward. He took a deep breath, curled his tail closer to his body, and tightly shut his wings before he began stalking slowly forward. It wasn’t long before he found an empty spot to sit close to the schools entrance and no one was a popsicle! Fantastic!

Boabab’s landing was more of a swan dive into the dirt then an actual landing. Babboa wanted to circle around the school for a while while Boabab wanted to land so their conflicting control over one dragon caused a near disaster. Boabab cursed his second head as he righted himself and brushed the dirt off of his scales.
“You better not pull any more tricks on our first day.” Boabab warned the second, greener head that only offered an annoyed nod. “We want these dragons to like us not fear us” he continued as they went to wait outside the entrance. Boabab listed off rules for his second head, counting each on on his claw tips as he did so.
Necrosis landed quite a ways from the entrance of the school. He looked nervous as he looked over the building and the dragons that were just arriving. In his mind played images of him accidentally freezing pretty much everyone he could see as soon as he took so much as one scavenger sized step forward. He took a deep breath, curled his tail closer to his body, and tightly shut his wings before he began stalking slowly forward. It wasn’t long before he found an empty spot to sit close to the schools entrance and no one was a popsicle! Fantastic!

Boabab’s landing was more of a swan dive into the dirt then an actual landing. Babboa wanted to circle around the school for a while while Boabab wanted to land so their conflicting control over one dragon caused a near disaster. Boabab cursed his second head as he righted himself and brushed the dirt off of his scales.
“You better not pull any more tricks on our first day.” Boabab warned the second, greener head that only offered an annoyed nod. “We want these dragons to like us not fear us” he continued as they went to wait outside the entrance. Boabab listed off rules for his second head, counting each on on his claw tips as he did so.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
DreamWalker

She shook a little as she rode the air currents towards the school. Or at least where she thought the school was. Her sister frequently rubbed wingtips with her, guiding her. She flicked her claws blindly, wishing there was something for her to hold on to. Another nudge, angled slightly down. They had to land. Her sister slid into position underneath Dream, giving her gentle swipes with her wingtips to alert Dream to go lower. This had been practiced many times beforehand, teaching Dream how to fly properly. She stumbled a little as she landed, blinking even though the gray blobs were still impossible to make out. Her sister gently rubbed against her, diving her a last goodbye before taking off. Dream stepped forwards, completely blind to any tiny stones below her or nearby. She could hear dragons nearby, and see faint shapes in front of her. She felt her way to the school entrance, walking slowly.
"H-Hello? Where am I supposed to go? Help?" she stuttered, looking around, but not seeing at all. She was scared of running into someone, hurting someone with her long thin spikes. Her feet shook, thin bones inside barely holding her up.

((She cant see color or defined lines, just really fuzzy shapes/blobs))

Not going to do Buck yet, I'll wait till he's added
DreamWalker

She shook a little as she rode the air currents towards the school. Or at least where she thought the school was. Her sister frequently rubbed wingtips with her, guiding her. She flicked her claws blindly, wishing there was something for her to hold on to. Another nudge, angled slightly down. They had to land. Her sister slid into position underneath Dream, giving her gentle swipes with her wingtips to alert Dream to go lower. This had been practiced many times beforehand, teaching Dream how to fly properly. She stumbled a little as she landed, blinking even though the gray blobs were still impossible to make out. Her sister gently rubbed against her, diving her a last goodbye before taking off. Dream stepped forwards, completely blind to any tiny stones below her or nearby. She could hear dragons nearby, and see faint shapes in front of her. She felt her way to the school entrance, walking slowly.
"H-Hello? Where am I supposed to go? Help?" she stuttered, looking around, but not seeing at all. She was scared of running into someone, hurting someone with her long thin spikes. Her feet shook, thin bones inside barely holding her up.

((She cant see color or defined lines, just really fuzzy shapes/blobs))

Not going to do Buck yet, I'll wait till he's added
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
(Btw, each dragon gets their own room, cause the principal's and such knew there were gonna be dragons who have different conditions like icescales, Firescales, etc)

Gaze eventually found her room. Setting down the map of phyrhia on the desk near a bed, she sat down, poking through some of the scrolls. There were many other rooms besides hers in the hall. Each one was unique, and labeled with the dragons name. Shaking out her wings with a wince, she began exploring the empty halls. Eventually though, she exited the school at the entrance and she looked around.

Pearl could see a blob nearby. She could tell it was a dragon as it had moved to that spot. She just couldn't see it really well.
"Uh- Hello, How is your first day here going?" She asked the blob of the dragon. I should really get some glasses.. she thought, as she had been squinting at the dragon to try to see what they looked like and why they were shaking a lot. Though the air was rather cold since they had arrived. She could see a two headed dragon not that far away either, but they were far away enough that she could actually see them. Turning to another blob that was too close for her to see. "Oh, I don't really know. I guess search for our rooms? There was labels on some of the rooms, but I can't see them really well." She said, holding the map as far away as she could. She still couldn't see, but a dragon that read her the message told her about the rooms.
(Btw, each dragon gets their own room, cause the principal's and such knew there were gonna be dragons who have different conditions like icescales, Firescales, etc)

Gaze eventually found her room. Setting down the map of phyrhia on the desk near a bed, she sat down, poking through some of the scrolls. There were many other rooms besides hers in the hall. Each one was unique, and labeled with the dragons name. Shaking out her wings with a wince, she began exploring the empty halls. Eventually though, she exited the school at the entrance and she looked around.

Pearl could see a blob nearby. She could tell it was a dragon as it had moved to that spot. She just couldn't see it really well.
"Uh- Hello, How is your first day here going?" She asked the blob of the dragon. I should really get some glasses.. she thought, as she had been squinting at the dragon to try to see what they looked like and why they were shaking a lot. Though the air was rather cold since they had arrived. She could see a two headed dragon not that far away either, but they were far away enough that she could actually see them. Turning to another blob that was too close for her to see. "Oh, I don't really know. I guess search for our rooms? There was labels on some of the rooms, but I can't see them really well." She said, holding the map as far away as she could. She still couldn't see, but a dragon that read her the message told her about the rooms.
Dreamwalker

"Oh uh, thanks." she said, trying to focus on the voice. Now to find something I cant see she though, sighing quietly. Using her claws to feel her way, she wandered forwards, almost falling over as she attempted to find the rooms.
Dreamwalker

"Oh uh, thanks." she said, trying to focus on the voice. Now to find something I cant see she though, sighing quietly. Using her claws to feel her way, she wandered forwards, almost falling over as she attempted to find the rooms.
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
Flame stalked forward, head low and—wait.

She paused, lifting her head to watch a-seemingly-blind dragon (Dreamwalker) stumble forward. That was kinda... sad.

The skywing walked forward on near-silent talons, stopping beside them. "Hey," she started quietly. "Do you... need help?"

Normally she wouldn't... but she imagined it'd be... hard for them anyway. Besides... they didn't seem much of a threat.
Flame stalked forward, head low and—wait.

She paused, lifting her head to watch a-seemingly-blind dragon (Dreamwalker) stumble forward. That was kinda... sad.

The skywing walked forward on near-silent talons, stopping beside them. "Hey," she started quietly. "Do you... need help?"

Normally she wouldn't... but she imagined it'd be... hard for them anyway. Besides... they didn't seem much of a threat.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16