Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flames and Lightning [Not Open Yet]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 50
@DisastrousAbsol

"I've always wanted to travel around, must be fun." Tensei hummed, folding his wings back.

Both Shino and Lily winced, glancing at each other. Mio made a sympathetic noise, patting her friend on the head.

Blitze went first into the room, Heather following behind with Somnus in tow.

"Mother, Somnus and Heather are here." Blitze called, the dragoness at the desk looking up from piles of paperwork that was surprisingly not charred.

"Oh! Good, I was worried! And Blitze, you don't have to speak so formally at home, only when you're outside the border." Yoruko chided gently, setting down her papers and moving around the desk to see her children.

She beamed when she saw Somnus, looking better for worse than the last time she'd seen him.

Gentler than usual, she swept him into a winged hug, careful not to crack anything. She hummed and preened his head feathers, old habits that never quite went away.

"You got big! Elio must be jealous." She said, backing away.

"Elio is smaller than everyone, mom. He hatched last." Blitze sighed, ditching the tone.

"Yes, I know. I was there, dear." Yoruko said amusedly, ruffling her older son's head with a wing.

Blitze grumbled and quietly batted the offending appendage away, smoothing his fur back into place.

"Come sit, tell me about the Kiaptico clan! Lily's been delivering letters between clans lately but hasn't been by yours in a while, so I'd like to hear about anything interesting." Yoruko said, moving back over to the desk.

"I have to see Lynne, but I'll be back in a little while. She called a small meeting, mostly about the Banescales, but also about, well, things." Blitze excused himself, slipping away.

Heather, in the meantime, plopped herself on one of the cushions in the room with a pleased noise, happy in the warmth of the cave. Desert nights had always been freezing, but the Molten Scar was always pleasantly warm at this level.
@DisastrousAbsol

"I've always wanted to travel around, must be fun." Tensei hummed, folding his wings back.

Both Shino and Lily winced, glancing at each other. Mio made a sympathetic noise, patting her friend on the head.

Blitze went first into the room, Heather following behind with Somnus in tow.

"Mother, Somnus and Heather are here." Blitze called, the dragoness at the desk looking up from piles of paperwork that was surprisingly not charred.

"Oh! Good, I was worried! And Blitze, you don't have to speak so formally at home, only when you're outside the border." Yoruko chided gently, setting down her papers and moving around the desk to see her children.

She beamed when she saw Somnus, looking better for worse than the last time she'd seen him.

Gentler than usual, she swept him into a winged hug, careful not to crack anything. She hummed and preened his head feathers, old habits that never quite went away.

"You got big! Elio must be jealous." She said, backing away.

"Elio is smaller than everyone, mom. He hatched last." Blitze sighed, ditching the tone.

"Yes, I know. I was there, dear." Yoruko said amusedly, ruffling her older son's head with a wing.

Blitze grumbled and quietly batted the offending appendage away, smoothing his fur back into place.

"Come sit, tell me about the Kiaptico clan! Lily's been delivering letters between clans lately but hasn't been by yours in a while, so I'd like to hear about anything interesting." Yoruko said, moving back over to the desk.

"I have to see Lynne, but I'll be back in a little while. She called a small meeting, mostly about the Banescales, but also about, well, things." Blitze excused himself, slipping away.

Heather, in the meantime, plopped herself on one of the cushions in the room with a pleased noise, happy in the warmth of the cave. Desert nights had always been freezing, but the Molten Scar was always pleasantly warm at this level.
@DaylightLegion
The brothers shared a look.

Somnus smiled, pleasantly surprised by his mother’s gentleness. He shyly, yet eagerly returned her hug. A purr rumbled in his chest as she preened his head feathers, seeing as that didn’t require the use of vocal cords. He returned her act of affection.

Waving goodbye to his other brother, the geode took a seat next to his sister. Feathers fluffed in content, he raised his talons.

“What would you like to know?” He signed, tilting his head questioningly. He wrapped his tail neatly around his legs.
@DaylightLegion
The brothers shared a look.

Somnus smiled, pleasantly surprised by his mother’s gentleness. He shyly, yet eagerly returned her hug. A purr rumbled in his chest as she preened his head feathers, seeing as that didn’t require the use of vocal cords. He returned her act of affection.

Waving goodbye to his other brother, the geode took a seat next to his sister. Feathers fluffed in content, he raised his talons.

“What would you like to know?” He signed, tilting his head questioningly. He wrapped his tail neatly around his legs.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

Tensei rolled his eyes before dunking himself in the water, the soap naturally dissolving off with a minty smell. As if to show he was fine, he hauled himself out of the spring with strong front legs, shaking the water off.

He dragged his paralyzed lower half out, flopping on the heated stone to dry off.

"I'm disabled, not permanently stuck here you know." He sighed, having noticed the looks his legs got.

Mio snorted, taking a bucket of water to rinse her own wings with.

"I know, but I remember how hard it was for you when you realized you couldn't battle in the Coliseum like your brother..." Lily sighed, folding her wings back. Shino nodded along.

"Eh, I got over it. I like my work anyways, Ryou doesn't let me slack off much. Besides, robotics has always been an interest, and now it's my job. No big deal." Tensei shrugged, the deep blue cracked markings all over his lower half shifting minutely with the movement.

Yoruko hummed as she shuffled a certain stack of papers, tail ticking in thought.

"Oh, anything really. How are the leaders doing? Has anything changed in the clan, or at least new happenings? I know the Mirrodancer siblings would like to hear about their father and siblings in that clan, Eclipse just yesterday was grumbling about never seeing her dad. How are you doing? Or any of the children that were born here and left? I know Inko is anxious about Ryokucha, and I don't think Izuku has ever met him." She rambled a little, sorting through the papers.
@DisastrousAbsol

Tensei rolled his eyes before dunking himself in the water, the soap naturally dissolving off with a minty smell. As if to show he was fine, he hauled himself out of the spring with strong front legs, shaking the water off.

He dragged his paralyzed lower half out, flopping on the heated stone to dry off.

"I'm disabled, not permanently stuck here you know." He sighed, having noticed the looks his legs got.

Mio snorted, taking a bucket of water to rinse her own wings with.

"I know, but I remember how hard it was for you when you realized you couldn't battle in the Coliseum like your brother..." Lily sighed, folding her wings back. Shino nodded along.

"Eh, I got over it. I like my work anyways, Ryou doesn't let me slack off much. Besides, robotics has always been an interest, and now it's my job. No big deal." Tensei shrugged, the deep blue cracked markings all over his lower half shifting minutely with the movement.

Yoruko hummed as she shuffled a certain stack of papers, tail ticking in thought.

"Oh, anything really. How are the leaders doing? Has anything changed in the clan, or at least new happenings? I know the Mirrodancer siblings would like to hear about their father and siblings in that clan, Eclipse just yesterday was grumbling about never seeing her dad. How are you doing? Or any of the children that were born here and left? I know Inko is anxious about Ryokucha, and I don't think Izuku has ever met him." She rambled a little, sorting through the papers.
@DaylightLegion
Koga was impressed with Tensei’s strength. Of course, he wouldn’t say that aloud for fear of offending the paralyzed drake. If it weren’t for his disability, he was sure he would make a fine warrior. But robotics was cool too.

Xavier sighed, dipping his tail tuft into the heated waters and pulling it back out again. He allowed water droplets to drip onto his face, reminding him of seaspray. That is, if the Sea’s waters were warmer.

Somnus tilted his head in thought.

“The royals are doing well. The princess has recently birthed an heir, I think.” He began, carefully thinking ahead so as not to ramble. “Melody and Kemuri found work as performers at a little cafe in the Lightning Farm. Yume works alongside an Imperial as a seamstress. Azami, I believe, is a hunter for his father’s pack. And Pulsar is a bug-catcher.”

“Ryokucha has recently ascended in his warrior ranking and is now in charge of his own unit. He’s very adept and a quick-thinker, if not a little socially awkward and hesitant outside of the battlefield. As for myself, I’m doing well. The curse sucks, but at least I can keep an eye on clan better without having to take breaks.” He finished, placing his talons back down and awaiting Yoruko’s response to the information.

He would’ve mentioned some others born into the Blitzwing clan, but he wasn’t about to info dump his poor mother.
@DaylightLegion
Koga was impressed with Tensei’s strength. Of course, he wouldn’t say that aloud for fear of offending the paralyzed drake. If it weren’t for his disability, he was sure he would make a fine warrior. But robotics was cool too.

Xavier sighed, dipping his tail tuft into the heated waters and pulling it back out again. He allowed water droplets to drip onto his face, reminding him of seaspray. That is, if the Sea’s waters were warmer.

Somnus tilted his head in thought.

“The royals are doing well. The princess has recently birthed an heir, I think.” He began, carefully thinking ahead so as not to ramble. “Melody and Kemuri found work as performers at a little cafe in the Lightning Farm. Yume works alongside an Imperial as a seamstress. Azami, I believe, is a hunter for his father’s pack. And Pulsar is a bug-catcher.”

“Ryokucha has recently ascended in his warrior ranking and is now in charge of his own unit. He’s very adept and a quick-thinker, if not a little socially awkward and hesitant outside of the battlefield. As for myself, I’m doing well. The curse sucks, but at least I can keep an eye on clan better without having to take breaks.” He finished, placing his talons back down and awaiting Yoruko’s response to the information.

He would’ve mentioned some others born into the Blitzwing clan, but he wasn’t about to info dump his poor mother.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"That reminds me, have either of you heard of Yoake? Aeluin's sister?" Lily asked suddenly, turning to her brothers.

Tensei and Mio shared a confused look, neither of them having met the Multi-Gaze Imperial as she'd left to travel with Indigo before either of them were born.

"I see." Yoruko hummed, marking off another document and comparing it to another one.

"Don't neglect to take care of yourself either though, rocks are not as tough as steel and can break from too much stress. I'll not have you shattered to pieces while I'm still living." She said sternly, eyeing her boy.
¤?¤

Blitze padded into the room, noting Leo, Shiva, Midnight, Ryou, Eclipse, Wraith and even Vervain standing and sitting in various spots, but nonetheless in a circle. Nearly the whole clan was there, minus a few exceptions.

"Alright, I've called this meeting to discuss the threat to our hatchlings." Lynne said, restrained anger in her voice.

Mutters flickered through the room, all sharing her sentiment. Blitze noted the brief flash of blue and pink near Lynne's head, and knew the Founder was lingering nearby as well.

"I've found a way to keep them safe." She said gesturing to a figure behind her, a blackish gray and blue male Skydancer surveying the rest with the cold eyes of the Ice clan.

"My name is Yoruba. My wife, Maretu, owes a debt to this clan, and as such we have agreed to handle any incoming hatchlings that you cannot keep." He said, voice a deep rumble more fitting to a Guardian than a Skydancer.

The clan burst into protests, loud shouts echoing through the room in various tones of fury and anguish.

"ENOUGH." Lynne roared, blood red wings flaring up.

The clan was immediately silenced, beaks clamping shut and feathers bristling.

"It is not up for debate. Unless you want our children to continue being abused? Under Maretu's name, the offenders will have no idea they were ours and thus refrain from stealing them again. We are not big enough. Because of these attacks, we can't even make enough treasure to expand again. Indigo and Aeluin have already agreed to be the transports." Lynne explained, folding her wings.

Grumbles of assent rippled through the clan, prompting Yoruba to speak up once more.

"They will not be treated harshly in our clan. They can even return to you if they wish, and it isn't as if you cannot visit." He said calmly, tail twitching.
@DisastrousAbsol

"That reminds me, have either of you heard of Yoake? Aeluin's sister?" Lily asked suddenly, turning to her brothers.

Tensei and Mio shared a confused look, neither of them having met the Multi-Gaze Imperial as she'd left to travel with Indigo before either of them were born.

"I see." Yoruko hummed, marking off another document and comparing it to another one.

"Don't neglect to take care of yourself either though, rocks are not as tough as steel and can break from too much stress. I'll not have you shattered to pieces while I'm still living." She said sternly, eyeing her boy.
¤?¤

Blitze padded into the room, noting Leo, Shiva, Midnight, Ryou, Eclipse, Wraith and even Vervain standing and sitting in various spots, but nonetheless in a circle. Nearly the whole clan was there, minus a few exceptions.

"Alright, I've called this meeting to discuss the threat to our hatchlings." Lynne said, restrained anger in her voice.

Mutters flickered through the room, all sharing her sentiment. Blitze noted the brief flash of blue and pink near Lynne's head, and knew the Founder was lingering nearby as well.

"I've found a way to keep them safe." She said gesturing to a figure behind her, a blackish gray and blue male Skydancer surveying the rest with the cold eyes of the Ice clan.

"My name is Yoruba. My wife, Maretu, owes a debt to this clan, and as such we have agreed to handle any incoming hatchlings that you cannot keep." He said, voice a deep rumble more fitting to a Guardian than a Skydancer.

The clan burst into protests, loud shouts echoing through the room in various tones of fury and anguish.

"ENOUGH." Lynne roared, blood red wings flaring up.

The clan was immediately silenced, beaks clamping shut and feathers bristling.

"It is not up for debate. Unless you want our children to continue being abused? Under Maretu's name, the offenders will have no idea they were ours and thus refrain from stealing them again. We are not big enough. Because of these attacks, we can't even make enough treasure to expand again. Indigo and Aeluin have already agreed to be the transports." Lynne explained, folding her wings.

Grumbles of assent rippled through the clan, prompting Yoruba to speak up once more.

"They will not be treated harshly in our clan. They can even return to you if they wish, and it isn't as if you cannot visit." He said calmly, tail twitching.
@DaylightLegion
“Yeah, we know about Yoake. She helps Ms. Pastel and Mx. Kyras in the kitchens sometimes. We’ve never spoken before, though.” Koga answered his sister, swishing his tail in the water.

“Iriekain talks about her too, doesn’t she, Kog?” Xavier asked, tilting his head in his brother’s direction.

“Well, yes. They’re best friends. She has a tendency to talk about Aeluin too.” Koga agreed, thinking back on the Multi-Gaze Fae. “She seems kinda sad when she does, though.”

“I know mom, don’t worry.” Somnus signed, smiling nervously at his mother. He knew she meant well.
@DaylightLegion
“Yeah, we know about Yoake. She helps Ms. Pastel and Mx. Kyras in the kitchens sometimes. We’ve never spoken before, though.” Koga answered his sister, swishing his tail in the water.

“Iriekain talks about her too, doesn’t she, Kog?” Xavier asked, tilting his head in his brother’s direction.

“Well, yes. They’re best friends. She has a tendency to talk about Aeluin too.” Koga agreed, thinking back on the Multi-Gaze Fae. “She seems kinda sad when she does, though.”

“I know mom, don’t worry.” Somnus signed, smiling nervously at his mother. He knew she meant well.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Hmm... interesting. Well, the reason I'm asking is because Aeluin has hatchlings! Twins, and they look almost exactly alike. Both Skydancers, one girl, one boy, the only difference is their tertiary and the slight color difference in the wings. They even finish each other's sentences!" Lily chirped, grinning.

"It's a pretty rare sight- they hatched seconds apart. As a result they're synchronized in almost everything they do." Shino hummed.

"Yeah, synchronized destruction." Tensei grumbled, tapping his front claws irritably.

"When they visited the other day they nearly tore apart the robotics room, climbing over everything and constantly asking questions. Ryou legitimately climbed the ceiling to get away!" The deep blue male continued, frowning.

"Awh, Takumi and Tamiko didn't mean any harm, they were just curious. Considering how much their parents love to travel, it was honestly expected." Lily chided gently, Mio nodding in agreement.

Yoruko sighed, and reached out to brush her wing lightly across her son's face.

"I'm your mother, dear. It's my job to worry about my babies." She said tiredly, her age showing.

Being the leader for many years, the stress and abuse under Azul, the recent hate crimes against her clan, it wore down on a mother. Now the fact two of her children were constantly at risk of being killed, and her other children being practically made of magic as well, while she herself had none and no idea how to possibly help them, she was at an all time high for anxiety.

Ironically, she wondered if this was how Yami felt half the time.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Hmm... interesting. Well, the reason I'm asking is because Aeluin has hatchlings! Twins, and they look almost exactly alike. Both Skydancers, one girl, one boy, the only difference is their tertiary and the slight color difference in the wings. They even finish each other's sentences!" Lily chirped, grinning.

"It's a pretty rare sight- they hatched seconds apart. As a result they're synchronized in almost everything they do." Shino hummed.

"Yeah, synchronized destruction." Tensei grumbled, tapping his front claws irritably.

"When they visited the other day they nearly tore apart the robotics room, climbing over everything and constantly asking questions. Ryou legitimately climbed the ceiling to get away!" The deep blue male continued, frowning.

"Awh, Takumi and Tamiko didn't mean any harm, they were just curious. Considering how much their parents love to travel, it was honestly expected." Lily chided gently, Mio nodding in agreement.

Yoruko sighed, and reached out to brush her wing lightly across her son's face.

"I'm your mother, dear. It's my job to worry about my babies." She said tiredly, her age showing.

Being the leader for many years, the stress and abuse under Azul, the recent hate crimes against her clan, it wore down on a mother. Now the fact two of her children were constantly at risk of being killed, and her other children being practically made of magic as well, while she herself had none and no idea how to possibly help them, she was at an all time high for anxiety.

Ironically, she wondered if this was how Yami felt half the time.
@DaylightLegion
The brothers shared a look. As long as they weren’t like Gummi, they were pretty sure they’d be alright. The candymaker of the Alternate Current was unpredictable and prone to violent outbursts.

“They sound charming.” Xavier responded, smiling. Koga dipped his head in agreement.

Somnus purred softly, reaching out to comfort his mother. He gently grasped Yoruko’s talon in his, extending a wing to brush against her face like hers had. He offered her a soft smile, no nervousness present within. His eyes, however, held worry for her.
@DaylightLegion
The brothers shared a look. As long as they weren’t like Gummi, they were pretty sure they’d be alright. The candymaker of the Alternate Current was unpredictable and prone to violent outbursts.

“They sound charming.” Xavier responded, smiling. Koga dipped his head in agreement.

Somnus purred softly, reaching out to comfort his mother. He gently grasped Yoruko’s talon in his, extending a wing to brush against her face like hers had. He offered her a soft smile, no nervousness present within. His eyes, however, held worry for her.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol (figures the only time i get a decent break off work is when there's snowstorm inbound... sigh)

"Tamiko, the girl, is almost exactly like Aeluin, while the boy, Takumi, takes after Indy. Both however, go absolutely wild when together! Small bundles of chaotic energy, and they're only a few days old!" Lily laughed, tail swishing under the water.

"Chaotic is right." Tensei said, still slightly miffed.

"You'll have to get over it sometime, Tensei." Shino scolded lightly, tilting his head.

"I refuse. They broke my splints and now I have to wait for Ryou to finish the gear and axel wiring before I can have them back so I can walk." Tensei groaned, gesturing to his legs.

"I get rockburn dragging my limbs around, Styx is running out of salve for them." He continued, clearly grumpy about it.

Yoruko sighed at the look in her son's eyes, appreciating the gesture.

"I know you're worried for me, but you forget. I was the leader, which means I dealt with Natsuki, August and Lynne as youngsters, was there for Raan, Styx, Iris, and half the clan's hatching, and dealt with the shenanigans of The Pack and my own clan's interactions. Trust me, it'll take a lot more than this to make me kick the bucket from stress." She snorted, fluffing her wings slightly.

Meanwhile, Kuroka and two other dragons, a green male that looked remarkably like Inko and a pale purple and dusky female with dark blue smoke markings, came back in through the entrance, fur ruffled and feathers messy.

"Hawkins, what the heck was that! I told you to let me handle the talking!" Kuroka groaned, wincing with each step.

"They were being rude to higher beings. I simply let them know this." The pale dusky female sniffed, tilting her beak up.

"And then they took offense and attacked. If you hadn't said it so... so... so arrogantly, we wouldn't have had to fight! You know Fire natives are more aggressive and easily provokable! So stop provoking them!" Kuroka yelled, flaring her wings.

"Kuroka is right, the only high beings are the Eleven. I'm pretty sure you don't match any known record of them." The green male added, tail flicking nervously.

"Hmph. I don't care for the Beastclans in the first place, we live here now and they should get used to it. I'm going to my den, don't call for me unless it's an emergency." Hawkins huffed, tossing her head and heading back down the hallway to the den rooms.

Kuroka pressed her head into her claws and let out a strangled hiss of rage, fur and feathers fluffed out farther than honestly possible.

"I have no idea how she's Susie's daughter, but I can see the resemblance to Nea." Izuku groaned, shaking his head.

"Dragons like her are why there's a war in the first place." Kuroka hissed, bristling.

"Come on, let's go clean up. No use going to try and lecture her again, she never listens anyway." Izuku said, already heading for the hot springs.
@DisastrousAbsol (figures the only time i get a decent break off work is when there's snowstorm inbound... sigh)

"Tamiko, the girl, is almost exactly like Aeluin, while the boy, Takumi, takes after Indy. Both however, go absolutely wild when together! Small bundles of chaotic energy, and they're only a few days old!" Lily laughed, tail swishing under the water.

"Chaotic is right." Tensei said, still slightly miffed.

"You'll have to get over it sometime, Tensei." Shino scolded lightly, tilting his head.

"I refuse. They broke my splints and now I have to wait for Ryou to finish the gear and axel wiring before I can have them back so I can walk." Tensei groaned, gesturing to his legs.

"I get rockburn dragging my limbs around, Styx is running out of salve for them." He continued, clearly grumpy about it.

Yoruko sighed at the look in her son's eyes, appreciating the gesture.

"I know you're worried for me, but you forget. I was the leader, which means I dealt with Natsuki, August and Lynne as youngsters, was there for Raan, Styx, Iris, and half the clan's hatching, and dealt with the shenanigans of The Pack and my own clan's interactions. Trust me, it'll take a lot more than this to make me kick the bucket from stress." She snorted, fluffing her wings slightly.

Meanwhile, Kuroka and two other dragons, a green male that looked remarkably like Inko and a pale purple and dusky female with dark blue smoke markings, came back in through the entrance, fur ruffled and feathers messy.

"Hawkins, what the heck was that! I told you to let me handle the talking!" Kuroka groaned, wincing with each step.

"They were being rude to higher beings. I simply let them know this." The pale dusky female sniffed, tilting her beak up.

"And then they took offense and attacked. If you hadn't said it so... so... so arrogantly, we wouldn't have had to fight! You know Fire natives are more aggressive and easily provokable! So stop provoking them!" Kuroka yelled, flaring her wings.

"Kuroka is right, the only high beings are the Eleven. I'm pretty sure you don't match any known record of them." The green male added, tail flicking nervously.

"Hmph. I don't care for the Beastclans in the first place, we live here now and they should get used to it. I'm going to my den, don't call for me unless it's an emergency." Hawkins huffed, tossing her head and heading back down the hallway to the den rooms.

Kuroka pressed her head into her claws and let out a strangled hiss of rage, fur and feathers fluffed out farther than honestly possible.

"I have no idea how she's Susie's daughter, but I can see the resemblance to Nea." Izuku groaned, shaking his head.

"Dragons like her are why there's a war in the first place." Kuroka hissed, bristling.

"Come on, let's go clean up. No use going to try and lecture her again, she never listens anyway." Izuku said, already heading for the hot springs.
@DaylightLegion hang in there mate
Xavier chuckled at Tensei’s attitude while Koga grimaced. Rockburn sounded painful. Then again he had some pain to look forward too himself. His eyes fixated on The tattoo on Xavier’s shoulder. Underneath that there was a small scar, gained from being ambushed by harpies on a trip to the Sea.

Somnus sighed, squeezing her talon before releasing it. His wings shifted against his back. He knew Yoruko was a strong dragon, but still.. she was his mother.
@DaylightLegion hang in there mate
Xavier chuckled at Tensei’s attitude while Koga grimaced. Rockburn sounded painful. Then again he had some pain to look forward too himself. His eyes fixated on The tattoo on Xavier’s shoulder. Underneath that there was a small scar, gained from being ambushed by harpies on a trip to the Sea.

Somnus sighed, squeezing her talon before releasing it. His wings shifted against his back. He knew Yoruko was a strong dragon, but still.. she was his mother.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 50