Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flames and Lightning [Not Open Yet]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50
@DisastrousAbsol

"Mhm. While I don't like the thought of either of you getting hurt, you chose your own paths to follow, and I have to respect your decisions. At least, that's what your father tells me." Iris sighed, folding her wings against her back.

"We're yours and Dad's kids, we're pretty tough." Lily said, attempting to brighten the mood.

"Don't get me started on you, young lady. You are as bad as your father when it comes to flying outside, you have got to stop flying so close to the magma! Last time you came back you had so much smoke and soot in your feathers they were black!" Iris huffed, tail swishing irritably.

Lily laughed nervously.

Back in the medbay, Ammy whistled through her beak at the damage.

"Wow, you cracked it bad. Ever heard of tail bindings? They'd probably help, I'll see if Kage can enchant something to help keep you together better. Or Meiyan, since she seems to have a knack for this sort of thing." Ammy said, reaching into her pouch for some sundew plants, their mucilage producing leaves a very effective glue.

"I can do a patch job until you get home, I haven't quite learned how to use healing magic yet." She said, applying the leaves.

The thick, clear substance stuck fast, liquid seeping into the cracks and sticking. In no time at all she had gotten the worst of the gouges filled, the leaves like tiny bandages. She then proceeded to wrap it in a bandage for extra good measure.

"All done. Has Heather given you a tour yet?" Ammy asked, tilting her head.

"Ah, no, getting his tail fixed was more important. But! I can show him around now!" Heather stammered, feathers settling and fluffing.

"You should show him the Banescales; they're showing signs of patterns now." Amphitrite said, standing up.

"Y-yeah! Come on, Somnus, I'll take you there." Heather offered, leading the way.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Mhm. While I don't like the thought of either of you getting hurt, you chose your own paths to follow, and I have to respect your decisions. At least, that's what your father tells me." Iris sighed, folding her wings against her back.

"We're yours and Dad's kids, we're pretty tough." Lily said, attempting to brighten the mood.

"Don't get me started on you, young lady. You are as bad as your father when it comes to flying outside, you have got to stop flying so close to the magma! Last time you came back you had so much smoke and soot in your feathers they were black!" Iris huffed, tail swishing irritably.

Lily laughed nervously.

Back in the medbay, Ammy whistled through her beak at the damage.

"Wow, you cracked it bad. Ever heard of tail bindings? They'd probably help, I'll see if Kage can enchant something to help keep you together better. Or Meiyan, since she seems to have a knack for this sort of thing." Ammy said, reaching into her pouch for some sundew plants, their mucilage producing leaves a very effective glue.

"I can do a patch job until you get home, I haven't quite learned how to use healing magic yet." She said, applying the leaves.

The thick, clear substance stuck fast, liquid seeping into the cracks and sticking. In no time at all she had gotten the worst of the gouges filled, the leaves like tiny bandages. She then proceeded to wrap it in a bandage for extra good measure.

"All done. Has Heather given you a tour yet?" Ammy asked, tilting her head.

"Ah, no, getting his tail fixed was more important. But! I can show him around now!" Heather stammered, feathers settling and fluffing.

"You should show him the Banescales; they're showing signs of patterns now." Amphitrite said, standing up.

"Y-yeah! Come on, Somnus, I'll take you there." Heather offered, leading the way.
@DaylightLegion
“You been causing trouble, Lil?” Xavier snickered, wrapping a wing around his older sister. “You could give poor mom a heart attack if you keep being so reckless!” He continued teasing her lightheartedly, lifting his wing off her and throwing a talon to his forehead in mock woe. The other clutched his chest dramatically.

Koga smacked him with his tail, gaining a yelp and a laugh from his brother.

Somnus shrugged nonchalantly, allowing Ammy to temporarily fix his tail. He nodded to her in thanks when she was done, standing and sauntering back over to Heather. He bid Ammy goodbye with a wave of his wing and followed his sister.
@DaylightLegion
“You been causing trouble, Lil?” Xavier snickered, wrapping a wing around his older sister. “You could give poor mom a heart attack if you keep being so reckless!” He continued teasing her lightheartedly, lifting his wing off her and throwing a talon to his forehead in mock woe. The other clutched his chest dramatically.

Koga smacked him with his tail, gaining a yelp and a laugh from his brother.

Somnus shrugged nonchalantly, allowing Ammy to temporarily fix his tail. He nodded to her in thanks when she was done, standing and sauntering back over to Heather. He bid Ammy goodbye with a wave of his wing and followed his sister.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Kuroka is worse!" Lily retorted, feathers fluffed.

"Don't remind me. She has the smarts from your father and my hyper nature. She causes trouble and usually doesn't get caught, and now I think she's found her own prodigy with Luna and Luxio's daughter Mio." Iris groaned, pressing her face into her claws.

Lily made a sympathetic noise and patted their mother with a wing. Just yesterday the blue dragoness had pranked her by lighting her tail on fire. Harmless due to being under the protection of the Flamecaller, but still, any dragon would panic seeing their fur in flames.

Heather hummed as she headed for the Nesting Grounds.

"Oh no..." She muttered, seeing a familiar blue and green figure.

"Tch, it's you and the geode boy." Nymphaea sniffed upon seeing them approach.

The daughter of Julie and Frank was notoriously bad tempered, despite how she seemed calmer at the moment.

"Hi, Nea... how are the Banescales?" Heather asked, tail flicking nervously.

"Fine. They changed color though, now they have patterns. The red one is showing signs of feathers, the purple one has wispy stuff now." Nea grunted, gesturing towards the two.

Sure enough, they had patterns along their bodies and wings, the purple one staring intently at the newcomers with bared fangs, the red one merely blinking calmly.

"Nea, don't be so standoffish. Somnus is one of Yoruko's." Skylar chided her younger sister gently, tail still curled over the hatchlings.

"Do I look like I care?" Nea asked, a harsh tone to her voice as she tilted her head.

Skylar merely sighed, an orange head popping up from under a blue wing.

Ember's eyes shone when she saw Heather with an unknown dragon, and immediately decided he was going to be her new friend. She bounded out and stumbled to a stop in front of Somnus, leaning up to try at see his face better.

"You look like Blitze!" She declared, Heather hiding a shy smile at the mention of her hatchmate and brother.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Kuroka is worse!" Lily retorted, feathers fluffed.

"Don't remind me. She has the smarts from your father and my hyper nature. She causes trouble and usually doesn't get caught, and now I think she's found her own prodigy with Luna and Luxio's daughter Mio." Iris groaned, pressing her face into her claws.

Lily made a sympathetic noise and patted their mother with a wing. Just yesterday the blue dragoness had pranked her by lighting her tail on fire. Harmless due to being under the protection of the Flamecaller, but still, any dragon would panic seeing their fur in flames.

Heather hummed as she headed for the Nesting Grounds.

"Oh no..." She muttered, seeing a familiar blue and green figure.

"Tch, it's you and the geode boy." Nymphaea sniffed upon seeing them approach.

The daughter of Julie and Frank was notoriously bad tempered, despite how she seemed calmer at the moment.

"Hi, Nea... how are the Banescales?" Heather asked, tail flicking nervously.

"Fine. They changed color though, now they have patterns. The red one is showing signs of feathers, the purple one has wispy stuff now." Nea grunted, gesturing towards the two.

Sure enough, they had patterns along their bodies and wings, the purple one staring intently at the newcomers with bared fangs, the red one merely blinking calmly.

"Nea, don't be so standoffish. Somnus is one of Yoruko's." Skylar chided her younger sister gently, tail still curled over the hatchlings.

"Do I look like I care?" Nea asked, a harsh tone to her voice as she tilted her head.

Skylar merely sighed, an orange head popping up from under a blue wing.

Ember's eyes shone when she saw Heather with an unknown dragon, and immediately decided he was going to be her new friend. She bounded out and stumbled to a stop in front of Somnus, leaning up to try at see his face better.

"You look like Blitze!" She declared, Heather hiding a shy smile at the mention of her hatchmate and brother.
@DaylightLegion
Koga stood awkwardly, shuffling his talons on the floor. He’d known that Kuroka was a troublemaker, but he had no idea how much distress he was causing their mother, and undoubtedly their father too.

Xavier made a noise of concern, moving in to wrap a comforting wing around Iris. He was surprised she wasn’t losing feathers with how stressed and defeated she looked. Kuroka’s pranks were obviously taking a toll on her mental health in a way.

Somnus shrank behind Heather at Nymphaea’s approach. She’d always scared him with her bad temper and harsh tone. His frown deepened at the nickname. His gaze flickered to the Banescales, feeling his fur raise defensively at the purple one’s aggressive stance.

A little orange and blue hatchling approached him, his eyes tracking her, though they flickered to Nea every so often. Ember’s declaration prompted a small and nervous smile from the skittish scout. He reached out with a wing, brushing it against Heather’s. He wan’t sure if the hatchling knew Common Draconic Sign Language, so hopefully this would convey his relationship with Blitze.
@DaylightLegion
Koga stood awkwardly, shuffling his talons on the floor. He’d known that Kuroka was a troublemaker, but he had no idea how much distress he was causing their mother, and undoubtedly their father too.

Xavier made a noise of concern, moving in to wrap a comforting wing around Iris. He was surprised she wasn’t losing feathers with how stressed and defeated she looked. Kuroka’s pranks were obviously taking a toll on her mental health in a way.

Somnus shrank behind Heather at Nymphaea’s approach. She’d always scared him with her bad temper and harsh tone. His frown deepened at the nickname. His gaze flickered to the Banescales, feeling his fur raise defensively at the purple one’s aggressive stance.

A little orange and blue hatchling approached him, his eyes tracking her, though they flickered to Nea every so often. Ember’s declaration prompted a small and nervous smile from the skittish scout. He reached out with a wing, brushing it against Heather’s. He wan’t sure if the hatchling knew Common Draconic Sign Language, so hopefully this would convey his relationship with Blitze.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"Well now, you're having a reunion without me? How mean, Iris." A new voice broke the somber atmosphere, Ash entering the room with an amused look on his face.

Iris blinked, before relaxing a bit.

"And before you ask, Kuroka went out again after she got me. She said something about noticing a Beastclan warrior group treading too close to the border. She took Izuku and Hawkins, so they should be good to go if it becomes a fight." The gray male continued, moving to brush both of his boys with his wings.

"Good to see you both, by the way." He added, smiling.

In the Nesting Grounds, things were still pretty tense.

"Nea, time to trade shifts- Oh! Hey Somnus!" A pale blue dragon blinked at the scene, tail flicking.

"About time, featherbrain. I was getting hungry." Nea snapped, getting to her feet and brushing past the warrior.

"Uh, okay?" Warren said, watching her leave.

"I am never gonna get used to her bad attitude." He muttered, padding further into the cave.

"I don't think anyone ever will." Heather sighed, relaxing a little.

"Nea is grumpy!" Ember chimed in, giggling.

"Nea is very grumpy, yes. She gets it from her dad, I believe." Warren said amusedly.

"Ember, this is Somnus. He's Elio's hatchmate, and Blitze and mine's younger brother." Heather told the hatchling gently.

Warren padded over to sit near the Banescales, not within biting distance if the bristling purple female was any indication, but close enough for guarding.

"Ooohhh... cool! You have normal eyes!" Ember chirped, Heather stifling a laugh.

It was true that half the siblings had odd eyes, Vervain with faceted, Blitze with Primal, and Elio with Multi, and the others had normal eyes. The fact that she noticed this was quite cute.

Ember herself was odd, as her coloring didn't fit in the range of either of her parents. But she was their first born as a Fire dragon, as such, her coloring had shifted to match. It had been quite the shock when she'd hatched, bright burning orange and vibrant blue.
@DisastrousAbsol

"Well now, you're having a reunion without me? How mean, Iris." A new voice broke the somber atmosphere, Ash entering the room with an amused look on his face.

Iris blinked, before relaxing a bit.

"And before you ask, Kuroka went out again after she got me. She said something about noticing a Beastclan warrior group treading too close to the border. She took Izuku and Hawkins, so they should be good to go if it becomes a fight." The gray male continued, moving to brush both of his boys with his wings.

"Good to see you both, by the way." He added, smiling.

In the Nesting Grounds, things were still pretty tense.

"Nea, time to trade shifts- Oh! Hey Somnus!" A pale blue dragon blinked at the scene, tail flicking.

"About time, featherbrain. I was getting hungry." Nea snapped, getting to her feet and brushing past the warrior.

"Uh, okay?" Warren said, watching her leave.

"I am never gonna get used to her bad attitude." He muttered, padding further into the cave.

"I don't think anyone ever will." Heather sighed, relaxing a little.

"Nea is grumpy!" Ember chimed in, giggling.

"Nea is very grumpy, yes. She gets it from her dad, I believe." Warren said amusedly.

"Ember, this is Somnus. He's Elio's hatchmate, and Blitze and mine's younger brother." Heather told the hatchling gently.

Warren padded over to sit near the Banescales, not within biting distance if the bristling purple female was any indication, but close enough for guarding.

"Ooohhh... cool! You have normal eyes!" Ember chirped, Heather stifling a laugh.

It was true that half the siblings had odd eyes, Vervain with faceted, Blitze with Primal, and Elio with Multi, and the others had normal eyes. The fact that she noticed this was quite cute.

Ember herself was odd, as her coloring didn't fit in the range of either of her parents. But she was their first born as a Fire dragon, as such, her coloring had shifted to match. It had been quite the shock when she'd hatched, bright burning orange and vibrant blue.
@DaylightLegion
Koga’s head whipped around to see his father. Xavier simply gave a side-eye and smiled. Koga sighed at the mention of Beastclans. His brother, being a Maren ambassador, gave him a look.

“Nice seeing you too, dad.” Xavier laughed, brushing him back.

“Mhm!” Koga agreed, waving his tail.

Somnus’ gaze flickered from Ember to Warren, visibly relaxing as Nea left. He nodded in agreement to Ember’s statement, shoulder shaking in a chuckle. He smiled shyly at the hatchling as Heather introduced him. The scout’s smile widened slightly as she pointed out his normal eyes.
@DaylightLegion
Koga’s head whipped around to see his father. Xavier simply gave a side-eye and smiled. Koga sighed at the mention of Beastclans. His brother, being a Maren ambassador, gave him a look.

“Nice seeing you too, dad.” Xavier laughed, brushing him back.

“Mhm!” Koga agreed, waving his tail.

Somnus’ gaze flickered from Ember to Warren, visibly relaxing as Nea left. He nodded in agreement to Ember’s statement, shoulder shaking in a chuckle. He smiled shyly at the hatchling as Heather introduced him. The scout’s smile widened slightly as she pointed out his normal eyes.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

Ash gave both his boys a knowing look.

"Despite her... enthusiasm for life, she's actually a decent sweet talker. I'm sure they just didn't realize there was dragon territory here now." He explained.

"Mhm, she gets that from you. Not to mention Izuku is a great persuader himself, he's Inko's son all right." Iris nodded sagely.

"So how long are you two staying? There's some new stuff around her if you'd like to visit a little longer, I know the hot spring was recently opened up and ventilated." Lily added, tail swishing back and forth.

Heather's tail swished, tapping against her brother's leg in a familiar pattern. After all, she'd helped with the language's patterns when the two were barely a day old.

Is this okay? Do you want to go find Elio?

"Heather? Is Yuuki gonna be okay?" Dusk called from the safety of Skylar's wing, a worried look to his face. Momo chirped sleepily, the dark gray female already tired.

"Yuuki is fine, I didn't see her in the clinic so she must be out and about." Heather reassured the little one, smiling.
@DisastrousAbsol

Ash gave both his boys a knowing look.

"Despite her... enthusiasm for life, she's actually a decent sweet talker. I'm sure they just didn't realize there was dragon territory here now." He explained.

"Mhm, she gets that from you. Not to mention Izuku is a great persuader himself, he's Inko's son all right." Iris nodded sagely.

"So how long are you two staying? There's some new stuff around her if you'd like to visit a little longer, I know the hot spring was recently opened up and ventilated." Lily added, tail swishing back and forth.

Heather's tail swished, tapping against her brother's leg in a familiar pattern. After all, she'd helped with the language's patterns when the two were barely a day old.

Is this okay? Do you want to go find Elio?

"Heather? Is Yuuki gonna be okay?" Dusk called from the safety of Skylar's wing, a worried look to his face. Momo chirped sleepily, the dark gray female already tired.

"Yuuki is fine, I didn't see her in the clinic so she must be out and about." Heather reassured the little one, smiling.
@DaylightLegion
“I can’t stay for too long, a couple of days at most. My general expects me back in that time so she can continue training me.” Koga admitted, lowering his armored head slightly in guilt. While she didn’t say it outright, it was evident in her dismissal.

“I can stay for a bit longer. I do have another meeting with a school of Maren coming up.” Xavier said easily, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

“It’s okay. I’ll be okay.” Somnus responded, bringing his wings closer to his body. He just didn’t like interaction very much. But he could deal with it.
@DaylightLegion
“I can’t stay for too long, a couple of days at most. My general expects me back in that time so she can continue training me.” Koga admitted, lowering his armored head slightly in guilt. While she didn’t say it outright, it was evident in her dismissal.

“I can stay for a bit longer. I do have another meeting with a school of Maren coming up.” Xavier said easily, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

“It’s okay. I’ll be okay.” Somnus responded, bringing his wings closer to his body. He just didn’t like interaction very much. But he could deal with it.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
@DisastrousAbsol

"That's alright, I'm just glad you visited at all." Iris sighed, pulling both of her boys into another hug.

"Plus we have plenty of time to catch up! Then you can tell everyone back home how we're doing! I know Amaya and Rumi are around here somewhere, Kasumi and Sumire are off ore digging though. Not to mention Avi and Daichi are nearby as well." Lily said, smoothing her wings down.

Heather made a soft hum, pressing her wing against his comfortingly.

Warren gave them a concerned look, before yelping and jerking away from the Banescale nest.

The purple-green female had snuck up and promptly clamped her little fangs over the end of his tail, getting a mouthful of fur. He held up his tail, and she dangled off it, growling. The red one made a squeaking noise and pawed at her with a wing, trying to get her off.

"Oh wow, she really doesn't like you does she?" Skylar said, blinking as Warren pried the Banescale from his tail fluff.

"I suppose not. She didn't do this to Nea, so why me?" He groaned, the red drake pulling the female back to the nest as Warren inspected his tail.

He'd had worse, being a fighter meant he usually got injured, but all that was really missing was a tiny bit of fur.

"Are Banescales supposed to be that violent? Or is it just her?" Skylar mused, sharp eyes trained on the hatchlings.
@DisastrousAbsol

"That's alright, I'm just glad you visited at all." Iris sighed, pulling both of her boys into another hug.

"Plus we have plenty of time to catch up! Then you can tell everyone back home how we're doing! I know Amaya and Rumi are around here somewhere, Kasumi and Sumire are off ore digging though. Not to mention Avi and Daichi are nearby as well." Lily said, smoothing her wings down.

Heather made a soft hum, pressing her wing against his comfortingly.

Warren gave them a concerned look, before yelping and jerking away from the Banescale nest.

The purple-green female had snuck up and promptly clamped her little fangs over the end of his tail, getting a mouthful of fur. He held up his tail, and she dangled off it, growling. The red one made a squeaking noise and pawed at her with a wing, trying to get her off.

"Oh wow, she really doesn't like you does she?" Skylar said, blinking as Warren pried the Banescale from his tail fluff.

"I suppose not. She didn't do this to Nea, so why me?" He groaned, the red drake pulling the female back to the nest as Warren inspected his tail.

He'd had worse, being a fighter meant he usually got injured, but all that was really missing was a tiny bit of fur.

"Are Banescales supposed to be that violent? Or is it just her?" Skylar mused, sharp eyes trained on the hatchlings.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier grinned at the mention of Daichi. He’d been around when she had been born to Nightingale and Apochrosi. Though she was born a Nocturne like her parents, she’d expressed a dire want to be a Skydancer instead, prompting the duo to buy her an enchanted item for fulfill her wish. When he wasn’t on trips or meddling in Maren affairs, he’d often watch her for Gale. Now he gets along well with her children, Seiun, Yoru, and Iskun.

Koga perked at the names of the Mirror siblings’.. other siblings. Though Melody, Kemuri, Azami, Yume, and Pulsar were not around for one another’s births, they bonded over their shared fathers and told stories of their hatchlinghood and describing the siblings they’d left in the Blitzwing clan. Even speaking of Tsukiko and Yami very fondly, as they were their sisters too.

“I think they’d love to know how you guys are doing.” Xavier stated, waving his tail happily. Melody and Kemuri found their calling performing at the Alternate Current Cafe. They sang and danced to songs of star-crossed lovers and memories of the good old days.

Somnus felt himself shrinking behind his older sister once more, very obviously fearing the female Banescale’s seemingly unending wrath. She reminded him of Nymphaea. He inclined his head towards Skylar and nudged Heather, giving her a look that asked for a translation as he swept his tail in a pattern.

They ARE called Banescales. Maybe it’s in their nature? He frowned, turning back to the hatchlings to watch them warily.
@DaylightLegion
Xavier grinned at the mention of Daichi. He’d been around when she had been born to Nightingale and Apochrosi. Though she was born a Nocturne like her parents, she’d expressed a dire want to be a Skydancer instead, prompting the duo to buy her an enchanted item for fulfill her wish. When he wasn’t on trips or meddling in Maren affairs, he’d often watch her for Gale. Now he gets along well with her children, Seiun, Yoru, and Iskun.

Koga perked at the names of the Mirror siblings’.. other siblings. Though Melody, Kemuri, Azami, Yume, and Pulsar were not around for one another’s births, they bonded over their shared fathers and told stories of their hatchlinghood and describing the siblings they’d left in the Blitzwing clan. Even speaking of Tsukiko and Yami very fondly, as they were their sisters too.

“I think they’d love to know how you guys are doing.” Xavier stated, waving his tail happily. Melody and Kemuri found their calling performing at the Alternate Current Cafe. They sang and danced to songs of star-crossed lovers and memories of the good old days.

Somnus felt himself shrinking behind his older sister once more, very obviously fearing the female Banescale’s seemingly unending wrath. She reminded him of Nymphaea. He inclined his head towards Skylar and nudged Heather, giving her a look that asked for a translation as he swept his tail in a pattern.

They ARE called Banescales. Maybe it’s in their nature? He frowned, turning back to the hatchlings to watch them warily.
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50